Twice Pretend

Seven Days

Soon the trees lay bare on the side streets and the wind started to get colder. The end of fall and Sungjong felt like he’s going to barely make it to the next season. If only he could bury more and more of his emotions upon layers and layers of thick coats he probably had done so.

Monday morning and even though the sun rose up earlier than usual the morning air was still cold and sultry seeping through the slightly ajar floor to ceiling window of their bedroom. The younger boy felt a hand wrapping around his waist and he slowly opened his eyes…

Sungjong”s POV

Good lord, call me idiot but I think I want to stop time right now. Why do I have to wake up with a view like this! I felt so embarrassed by my thought as I stared into his sleeping face. It’s not everyone that was given an opportunity to wake up with the person they like beside them even if it’s just temporary. Did I sound like a girl just now? Augh. I feel so stupid with these thoughts.

Since I came in terms with my feelings for him I started to draw the line between our friendship. I thought I was going insane and didn’t know what to do. Everyday I had to keep on reminding myself almost making it like a mantra.

Keep it, hide it. Never show it.

Don’t tell, just be cool.

Nothing good comes out in meddling with someone whose already looking at someone else . But then I realized, as long as he doesn’t know then I won’t lose anything. There’s nothing to gain if I tell him about my feelings, at times I don’t even know if what I’m really feeling is love. It’s not like I’ve feel something like this towards anyone before. Myungsoo was the first…

Who knows maybe what I’m feeling right now is just a temporary relapse of judgment, maybe I just feel this way because I spend a lot of time with him than any other person. Who knows if I keep on convincing myself then maybe one of this days I will realized I’m just mistaken. As long as I keep playing the part of being the supportive friend I could still stay beside him without sacrificing anything.

Even if I know that in the end everything will be over but in this little charade of ours I could still feel like at least once he belonged to me. With that, I decided to just act my part as his “boyfriend” but at the same time I should be aware of my place in his life. I don’t want to burden anyone with these feelings and I don’t want to lose anymore friends more than I already have. I just have to go with the flow and hopefully keep my sanity intact (or insanity for that matter) .

There’s no use in forcing my feelings to the person I like, even when I told Sungjae that if you like someone then you should confess I couldn’t, my situation is different. I lost even before the battle has began and ,I, willingly accept my defeat and chose to quietly stay in the sides and let Myungsoo find his happiness. But as long as he needs me and didn’t want me to go I’ll stay and help him.

Just pretend nothing has changed.

*sigh

Just now I sounded like a heroic moron in a manhwa ,aren’t I? Actually sounded so cheesy it’s sending chills down my spine. Truth is, it’s easier said than done. It’s not like I can remain stoic when he took me to back home to my sisters last weekend and apologized on his knees about the incident. My sisters were grinning at me the whole time after that I can’t even looked at him in the eyes.

 And I’m pretty sure I had a bugged planted in me somewhere since he always knows where I am even though I never told me… or it’s because my friends are very adept with their phones and they have been asked to looked after me.

Also just for a fact, my heart don’t go beating like crazy every morning when he wakes up and smiles at me.well, not all the time. It’s just that when I wake up and he’s to close to me that I feel like I want to push him and pull him close to me at the same time… is that even a logical statement?

However right now I have to set aside my own problems ‘cause I have a bigger problem at hand.

Ever since I agreed to be Myungsoo’s sleeping buddy there are times when he would have nightmares in the middle of the night. In the past it’s only happens once or twice a week but shortly after I got kidnapped and returned home his nightmares increased. Sometimes he wakes up multiple times through the night crying and hugging me. These last few nights he wakes up screaming in the middle of the night but when morning comes he can’t remember anything about it.

I’ve been wanting to ask him why did he want me to be his “sleeping buddy” and why did he called out his mom in one of his dreams. No matter how I tried to open up the topic it’s the feeling that he doesn’t want talk about it that’s been keeping me away. But it’s not like I can ignore it forever right? Trying to let him open up and talk about it is going to be hard. The only person I know that’s close to him is the guy he’s in love with. Yet it’s not I can just approach the person and ask him about Myungsoo, judging from what happened last time he probably doesn’t want anything to do with people like me.

End of POV

    Morning classes are a drag for any student yet for Sungjong it was the time for him to breathe in the cool morning breeze and the sunlight for some vitamin D manufacturing. No clingy Myungsoo for the whole day, no panicking heartbeats, no butterflies, and no pretending not to be affected by his “boyfriend’s” gestures. looking around his classmates are busy flipping through the pages of their books trying to make something for their project while others are busy chatting. The young architect student stretched his arms up in the air, piled his books as high as he could and went to sleep.

Or at least that was the plan.

The moment he closed his eyes the morning scenes flashed right before his eyes. When they were riding the subway to school Myungsoo stayed close to him, to close that he feels like his heart’s gonna rip right through his chest and reach for the man standing in front of him.

Upon arriving at the station they crossed a three minute short-cut through a family park and emerged near the school gate. As they walked near the side street Sungjong’s “boyfriend” casually grabbed him to held hands. just as he was trying to keep his act together they stopped to go their separate classes and Myungsoo did something he never did before, he pulled Sungjong close to him and gently planted a small kiss on the boy’s forehead before saying a quick “see you later”.

It took the latter a few split seconds to realize what happened.

 He arrived at their classroom in a daze, went to a chair near the window to refresh his brain only then that the thought of him being kissed by Myungsoo sank in. If it wasn’t for the books piled high up around him anyone would have seen that his face is red as hot chili peppers that would put Snow White’s lips into shame.

         What the heck was that? He never did something like that before! Dan* it I feel angry and something like … Holly and Cow, I feel like a maiden in love… it’s too sickeningly sweet. Why do my lips can’t help smiling on their own!?? Why! Arrrgh! Don’t get carried away man. Sungjong was screaming his head and heart off in silence as he slumped on the table.

           My emotions have been riding a roller coaster since the moment I woke. Please heart, hurry up and realized this was all a mistake. At this rate I would end up being unable to sleep just thinking about him!! At least this day couldn’t get any worst  

"Oi! Sungjong, wake up!” Woohyun called out to his friend who was busy dozing off.

“euh? Huh? Hyung? What happened? Where’s everybody?” the young boy asked waking up to an empty lecture room.

“Our class’s canceled” Woohyun explains, “ Prof said that after we passed our theme we should start working right away so we can finish early to leave room changes and alterations of the conceptual design. , I just came here to get some books but I also came looking for you”

“ I already passed them last week, I had to start looking for some old house structures to decide on the design” Sungjong replied still yawning. “Why were you looking for me?”

“Well, Do you know anyone who looks like an angry hamster with line eyes riding a red Benz?”

... ... ... 

“A what?” Sungjong asked, confused.

“ A guy looking like this” Woohyun placed his point fingers on the sides of his and and pulls them to make them smaller. “ He said he was looking for you and will wait by the Arch gate.”

“ I don’t know anyone like that” the young boy furrowed his brows in response.

“He seems to know that we’re friends, he said that he needs to talk with you.” Woohyun said, “ if you want I’ll come with you.”

“I’ll go check hyung don’t worry it’s probably from my dad’s work. Sometimes he sends my weird people to check on us. I’m sure it’s fine”

“Oh well call me anytime you need me. Just go by the West gate and there’s a red car waiting. I have to get the books, I’ll leave first”

“thanks hyung, see you later” Sungjong called out as he was preparing to leave.

it's already lunch time but i don't feel like eating. I' already borrowed some books to bring home. I'll just buy some groceries and head home. I have to go to work by six so maybe I should do some cleaning before that. Sungjong thought walking to the school gate. there are four main gates in their school, the architectural department had one directly the main building so it's easy for students calles the Arch gate. 

     it's been awhile since his dad had done something crazy, in the past he sent some of his troops to check on them and the result was nothing sort of disastrous. 

seriousl, a guy on a red benz? what the heck is tha...  Sungjong stood silent as he got into the gate's entrance. 

"Are you Lee Sungjong?" A man in a black suit with broad shoulders who almost looked like Hulk asked him. 

"Yes? What do you want?"

The window of the car slowly opens and there's a guy seating in the back seat with his shades on. 

"So you're my brother's girlfriend? I believe I haven't introduce myself. "

my brother's what?!! who the heck!

The body guard opened the door and the guy stepped out of the car and took off his shades. 

"I'm Kim Sunggyu, Myungsoo's older brother."

Sungjong stood stumped on where he stands....  what the... did the world just decided to pour all the unlucky stuff on me?

 

......................................................................IDeviant.........................................................................

A new troublesome chracter has arrive, will he be someone who can help or someone who's going to put a great strain in Myungsoo and Sungjong's Friendship?

2018 is here! there are ones that we have to remember as memories and ones we continue to be with this year. 

How was the holidays on your side guys? I hope you got want you wanted last year! I got swamped with books as gifts and now I don't know where to start! LOL

well anyways, Please enjoy the first official chapter for the new year! 

 

 

........................................