Brother's Conflict

Seven Days

“ As a kid I stayed in the hospital for most of the times and our parent’s attention are always on me, even our dad would drop him to school he goes home to an empty house. Myungsoo rarely tasted his mom’s cooking since she’d spend her time with me. Probably I got scared when we came home that my parent’s attention will no longer be with me so I locked him up.” Sunggyu said resting his chin on the back of his hand, “ I’m a greedy person, I get what I want no matter what the circumstances are.”

 

“ Then why are you talking as though you’re also suffering?” Sungjong’s words froze Sunggyu in his tracks,

“ when you hate you tried to ignore them as much as possible. Why are you doing things the other way around? You’re story, I think you’re not lying but you’re not telling all of the truth either. ” Sungjong quietly said.

  

“If you keep saying things like that, I might take you away from him too” Sunggyu chuckled, “ You’re not even sure if I’m going to lock you up here myself.”

 

“You wouldn’t” Sungjong said as a matter of fact.

 

“ How can you be so sure?” Sunggyu raise an eyebrow.

 

“ I don’t know, I mean I don’t even realized a close friend of mine was suffering beside me” Sungjong said remembering the accident with Sungjae, “ somehow back then I see more of his suffering more than his hatred.

 

Sungjong paused and looked at Sunggyu, “ and in a way, I got the same feeling when I look at you.”

 

There was silence except for the waves crashing when Sunggyu finally spoke, “ I’m between the choice abandoning the person who sacrificed her life trying to keep me alive and the person who’s suffering because I’m breathing.”

 

Sungjong didn’t understand anything and remained quiet.

 

“ I know he hates me but what I’m doing is for him. If he marries and have children I know he can have the family he always wanted. Something that I took away from him. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be saying things like these when you’re dating him.”

 

“ none taken.” Sungjong briefly smiled, “But did you ever asked him what he wanted. Maybe his happiness is something else? ”

 

“ I don’t know. After the incident and I got out of the hospital he already changed. He never talked to me, waited till he’s of legal age and he moved out of the house. And not once did he tried to return on his own will.” Sunggyu explained with frustration on his face, “  You see he will do everything just to oppose me and probably that includes you too.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Soon after he graduated he found out he’ll be the one taking over the company, dad and I have agreed for sometime now. I also made sure that he can marry the best option there is and set arrangements. But instead he went up to choose another school and soon after he entered university he dated you.”

 

“ Uhmm about that. I know where you’re going but you’re only looking at things in your own understanding. What if Myungsoo isn’t doing this for your reason but something else?” and we’re not even dating, like the real thing Sungjong almost added the last sentence.

 

“What other reason would there be aside from that? And as far as I’ve been informed Myungsoo only dated girls before. Why now?”

 

“I can’t answer your question, but I know the both of you are suffering. I may not truly know or understand the situation but unless you talk to him nothing will get solve in the end.”

 

Sunggyu did not said anything but his eyes never left Sungjong’s, “ Do you love him?”

 

“huh? Who?” The latter could feel the heat spreading on his cheeks, “ Why… Why are you suddenly asking.”

“ My brother has done stupid things just to provoke me and our family. I don’t want you to get drag into it. If you were someone else I wouldn’t have cared but somehow thinking you getting hurt, I don’t this time I could forgive him.”

Sungjong glanced at his watch as he run up the stairs to the elevator of their rooftop flat. He forgot the time and it had gone so fast it was almost way past the time he would usually go home. His phone was flooded with missed phone calls and messages he doesn’t know how to answer. When he and Sunggyu parted Myungsoo’s brother asked one last time if he could keep their meeting a secret and promised that he’ll inform his little brother soon.

 

When he opened the door the house was quiet and Myungsoo was nowhere to be seen. Sungjong went to the kitchen and got a glass of water as he closed the fridge he almost drop the glass when the former appeared beside him, arms folded to is chest and clearly not in the slightest of good mood.

 

“Myungsoo, I didn’t see you there. I’m sorry I lost track of time and didn’t realized it was this late. How was your first day at work” The younger boy tried to smile but he could feel Myungsoo’s gaze boring into him.

 

“ it was fine, I was pretty busy. How about yours?” Somehow the older boy’s approach was almost calculative.

“ Oh uhmm, it was fine. I was finishing up things since I’m quitting my job. I forgot to tell you sorry, I get lost a lot in thinking” Sungjong forced a fake laugh but could almost hear the panic and nervous pounding on his chest.

“ I went for you after work and Dongwoo-hyung said you quit yesterday and didn’t went to work today” There was a cold smile on Myungsoo’s lips, “ I’ve been noticing these past couple of days that you’re always busy.Is there something that I need to know that you’re not telling me?”

 

“Huh? Uhhmm, you see I was meeting” the younger boy truly wished he could turn back time and went home early. Myungsoo’s gaze was overbearing it’s like he’s been put in an interrogation room with a lie detector test.

 

Suddenly Myungsoo made a wide smile and grabbed Sungjong by the waist and pulled him closer, “ You’re meeting a girl behind my back aren’t you?!”

 

“Euh? Who me?”

 

“Aww come one, you’ve been too pee-occupied lately and someone saw you talking to a beautiful girl by the station yesterday.”

 

“Euh? Girl? That was..” Wait that as just some random girl asking for directions at the station! I can’t even remember her face or her voice anymore!! Sungjong’s heart was ready to stop any moment but things suddenly took a 180 degree turn o things.

“ I can’t believe I had to act curious and jealous when someone told me you were talking and smiling to a beautiful girl but really you’ve been sneaking on my back to meet her? You sly dog you,” Myungsoo almost had a wicked seductive smirk on his face not minding the fact that he’s holding Sungjong close to him.

“It’s not like that at all.”

 

“Hey, I’m actually glad you’re meeting someone. That’s just a proof I didn’t ruined your chances with the ladies you know. But as your partner I advise you to tread lightly on the matter, not opposing it but since people still knew we’re a couple so you need to be careful. I don’t want to get two-timed you know” The older boy said in a teasing way with grin on is face.

 

Out of nowhere Sungjong felt an urge of sudden unexplained anger inside him, “ I’m not meeting a girl, besides I could tell you the same. In other people’s eyes we’re still dating but this morning aren’t you happily walking beside that guy ? Don’t tell me you even went to work together…

 

Don’t go giving advices when you don’t even know what’s going on.” Saying as he pushed Myungsoo off him, without another word went upstairs dump his things on the bed and headed to the bath.  

Myungsoo stood alone in the room biting his lower lip in disappointment, “ That is not what I want to say, Da****. Way to screw things up Myungsoo.”

 

The water were steadily streaming into the bathtub as the soap bubbles up while Sungjong sat on the floor leaning on the tub like a lifeless doll.

 

“Being told to love someone else by the person you like actually like hell”. Sungjong said laughing on his own words but his forced laughter soon died down replaced by tears trickling down his face, “ don’t tell me to love someone else. Dam**t Myungsoo why do I have to feel like this”

 The whole house fell into silence as the older boy made its way up to their room. The bathroom door was close but Myungsoo can hear the small hum of the shower from the inside. He saw that Sungjong had laid his things on the bed.

That was the first time I saw him got mad and for a moment I thought he’s going to leave me Myungsoo let out a deep breath settling himself on the edge of the bed. “ I have to apologize”

Suddenly Sungjong’s phone lit up, an unregistered number came through the phone’s screen.

 

 

..................................................................IDeviant.................................................................................. 

It's Friday and here's the new chapter as promised^^ 

Trivia!! 

1. The story isn't particualry set in Korea, on the previous chapter the beach scene was from the author's dream as well as the weird shaped cottage owned by Sunggyu! 

I hope you enjoy the story so far! and as always thank you for reading !