Eat and Poop, Eat and Poop

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

That evening Gyu continued baby-proofing their apartment while Woohyun entertained Infi. And, every time he checked in on them he'd find Woohyun dancing around and singing to yet another girl group song. Obviously Infi had a love for cutesy songs (like Woohyun): I.O.I's "Very Very Very," Crayon Pop's "Jumping," Twice's "Signal," A-Pink's "Mr. Chu," SNSD's "Gee," Girl's Day's "Darling" and every Orange Caramel song all blasted throughout their living room. Infi a giggling mess the entire time - bouncing up and down on her bottom. 

"How can you do that three hours straight?" Gyu asked after deciding to take a break and relax on their couch.  

"How can Infi do it three hours straight?" Woohyun exclaimed, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of a concert here." Yet, only two songs later Woohyun collapsed onto the floor, "Gyu, can you take over? I need a nap..."

No way, "Isn't it time to feed her again? I'll do it. You sleep for a bit."

"Can I sleep right here?" Woohyun begged, unwilling to move.

"Get up and sleep on your bed like an adult."  

"..Carry me?" Woohyun gave Gyu his best puppy dog eyes.

"You can die here," Gyu grabbed a pillow, straddled Woohyun's body, and attempted to smother him with it.

"Yah! Yah! Hyung, Infi's watching! You can't introduce her to violence this early!"

"Will you behave?" 

"Yes! Yes, I'll behave!" he coughed.

"Ok, you may live," Gyu smirked before getting up to retrieve Infi, and judging from her pleasant expression of amusement, she enjoyed seeing Daddy Gyu try to murder Daddy Woohyun. 

"We're raising a sadist..." Woohyun gawked.

"She's a baby, Woohyun, she's excited by everything."

"She wants me dead..." he joked.

"Shut up and sleep."

 

*****

 

Gyu sat in the kitchen bottle feeding Infi, "I wonder what you think about all day?" He curiously stared back into her wide eyes. 

"Mnnph," she pushed the bottle away and spit up a bit.

"Oh, are you full?"

The two simply continued staring at each other in silence before Infi shifted her attention back to the bottle. 

This time though, after only a few sips, Infi began squirming and fussing - deciding she'd had enough formula - and maybe enough of Daddy Gyu. 

"Why? What's wrong?" He tried burping her, but she persisted. 

"Do you want your binky?" he panicked, "surely you haven't pooped yet." 

"Ah!" Gyu shouted, "Do you want Hammy!?" before excitedly searching for the stuffed animal.

"Ah ha!" Gyu shouted, "Here you go," Infi wrapped her chubby little fingers around Hammy, but instead of on her tail, as usual, she chunked Hammy to the floor.

Gyu sighed, "Why can't you tell me what's wrong?" he gave up and set her down inside her playpen, and she immediately calmed and crawled to her favorite orange ball. Gyu watched shocked and jealous, remembering how quickly Myungsoo'd chosen that ball the previous day.

"Aish.. why are women so hard to figure out," Gyu groaned. 

 

***** 

 

Unsurprisingly Infi's crib ended up in Woohyun's bedroom the night. So he'd be the one waking up every three hours to feed her and endure all the messy diapers.

Midnight: Woohyun's alarm clock blasted, alerting him that Infi needs feeding, "Bottle...bottle..." He chanted to himself.

1:30 AM: "Ugh, the smell's so strong I can't sleep with it.." Woohyun wiped Infi's with a cloth and drowsily put her in a clean diaper. Tossing the dirty one in the bathroom trash. 

3 am - "Ahh Ahhnn nnh nnh" Woohyun whined, "But you just ..."

2 AM: "Can't you hold it? Do you have to eat so much? What if you decide to stay little your whole life? That way you don't need to grow big and strong! You can eat less and less, too." A sleep-deprived idiot... "Ah, I have an idea!" Woohyun cleaned Infi's bottom, but instead of putting her in a new diaper, he placed a dog's pee mat underneath her. (Woohyun, don't kill Infi, or make her sleep in her own feces... -.-)

5 AM: Infi cried for some unknown reason. "Where's Hammy?" He got up and tripped over the stuffed animal. "No? No Hammy?" Infi ignored her toy. "I'll turn on some music," Woohyun the radio, and that seemed to cure her rowdiness but she didn't want to sleep, "Suit yourself, daddy's going back to sleep." 

6 AM: "Nom nom nom," he grumbled. This time too sleepy, he fed Infi in his arms while laying down, and gradually fell back asleep in the process. Despite Ms. Kang's warnings against co-sleeping, "Daddy needs his beauty sleep.." At least he had the foresight to lay a bamboo wife along the edge of the bed and toss some pillows onto the floor. ( No! > < ) Infi's bottle rolled off the bed, but he held Infi securely. 

9 AM - Dongwoo knocked on his bedroom door, "Woohyun? Infi? You awake? I have waffles and bananas." No response, he tiptoed into the room, "Aww Myungsoo, get your camera, " he whispered. 

Myungsoo popped his head in, "Waa~ Cute!" he snapped a couple photos of the two sleeping together before turning the lights on for better picture quality. He'd managed a good ten shots before Woohyun forced his eyes awake. "Huh? What's going on? Why are you two here?"

"Why is there a pee mat in Infi's crib?" Myungsoo asked, but no one decided to acknowledge it.

"We made you breakfast," Dongwoo gleefully announced, "I figured you'd be exhausted. Especially since Gyu abandoned you." He'd overheard staff's comments last night. *Sigh* "Don't worry, we'll get our revenge," adding, "It's already nine."

"No, that's ok. I'm sure our apartment is the safest place in the word for a 6-month-old baby by now. Did he bubble wrap the entire living room?"

"Not exactly..." Myungsoo commented, "but there's foam stoppers, locks and safety rope on everything." It was true, Gyu'd thought (and overanalyzed) every potential threat. Even if Infi intentionally tried to hurt herself on something she'd fail miserably. Later on, Gyu'd insist on doing the same to all of Infinite's apartments. 

"Oh, it stinks so bad," Woohyun sniffed Infi's , "Dongwoo, you mind?" 

Dongwoo laughed, "Yeah, i'll take care of the poopie. You clean up and get breakfast."

 

*****

 

Later that day Woohyun put Infi on his shoulders and trotted around making helicopter noises, "I'm a helicopter, Gyu! I'm a helicopter... Oh, someone's pooping," Woohyun awkwardly realized.

"No, you're a horse-- good girl." 

Mission Card: Change Infi's diaper in under five minutes. This time-limit will decrease after each attempt. Starting Now!

"Ah! Gyu. It's your time to shine!" Woohyun cheered upon receiving the announcement. 

"You do it," came the cold reply.

"But..."

"You do it."

"Fine..."

"Alright Infi, Daddy Helicopter has to make a pit stop at Diaper Station. Let's go go go!"

Once there, Woohyun cleaned his hands with a baby wipe, and pulled a mask on to filter out the stench. Last night's diaper change was his real first attempt, but it wasn't Grade A material.  

Looking back towards Gyu, "Start by placing a clean diaper underneath baby, open the dirty diaper from the front, lift , wipe front to back with a baby wipe, apply rash cream, and then put her new diaper on?"

"Put a towel down first, pull the side tabs open then pull the front and use it to wipe the poop, i'm not telling you the rest again."

"Ummm," Woohyun wasn't sure he'd win here. Nope, he'd fail for sure. Hell, Gyu would fail. Gyu always closely eyed the instructions each time he changed Infi, except for his first fumbled attempt. Which was a B at best. 

He failed, "At least you're not a boy.." Yes, at least he didn't get sprayed. Not only did Woohyun exceeded the time limit, but he didn't adjust the diaper properly - too loose and bunched up at the bottom. 

 

***** 

 

Around 4 PM in the afternoon a staff member approached the three and handed them an unmarked envelope.

"It's a mission card," Woohyun stated the obvious.

"Then we should open it...you imbecile."

"I wonder what's inside," he felt the envelope's thickness, "Oh! I think there's money inside!"

"Give me," Gyu jerked it out of Woohyun's hands, "You're right!" He ripped it open and counted the bills. 

"There's 50..100..200-- 250 dollars here!" Gyu exclaimed happily.

"Woah! They really gave us $250? Why? Is there a card?" Woohyun asked.

"Here it is," Gyu retrieved the note and read it out-loud, "The one who opens this envelope first must go shopping by yourself for these groceries and household items listed below - with Infi."

...

*Woohyun snickers*

...

"Goddammit!" Gyu screamed before face-planting. Woohyun laughing so hard that he fell out of his chair.

 

 

++++++++++

 

Shopping with a fussy infant time~ LOL