Mystery Mommy

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

 

"Wa~~," Dongwoo cheered as Infi agreeably held her arms out for him to dress her up in a cute unicorn onesie. 

"I wanna wear it! I wanna wear it!" she loudly giggled.

"Too Cute!" Woohyun smiled as he laid on the floor next to them, "Baby, do you know what sound a unicorn makes?"

"What, what?" Dongwoo asked mid-way through buttoning Infi up, dumbfounded by Woohyun's question. "What sound does a unicorn make?" he mused.

"Uh..." Woohyun nervously chuckled, "I--...It's whatever sound Infi makes next."

"Haha, you idiot," Dongwoo laughed, "Ne, so what is it Infi?" They eagerly awaited her next squeaky babble. However, Infi was more concerned with playing with the rainbow horn on top of her little head. More smacking it, than pulling on it.

"Ah, what can we do?" Woohyun gave up and tickled her cheek, "I guess we'll never know."

Likewise, Dongwoo nuzzled her tummy, "It's ok, you're still a little genius to me."

"Kimchi!" *flash* Soo'd snuck up on them with his ever-handy camera.

"Whoah? Ya!" Woohyun swatted at him, "Give us a warning!"

"No way! Then it'll look staged!"

"What!? Do I look staged? When do I look staged!?" Woohyun scolded the younger - resenting the implication that his photogenic skills weren't good enough. He'd have to flip through his profile later on and ask Gyu if any of his pictures looked too "fake," "over-expressive," "unbelievable,"  and/or "awkward." ...Initiate pouting for the rest of the day...

"Aigoo~ Woohyunnie calm down. He's just wanted to capture the moment," the older hyung protected Myungsoo from getting beaten.

"Yeah...I didn't mean it that way," Soo apologized, "You photograph just fine."

"Mmnnn fine," Woohyun groaned.

"Anyways, Dongwoo hyung, can you nuzzle Infi's belly again, I need a different angle?"

"Ha, sure!" Dongwoo agreed and nuzzled the giggling infant again.

"Ya!! Tch!" Woohyun stood up and walked off, "You ask him!"

"Aish.. why's he always so moody lately?" Myungsoo griped after taking the shot.

Like a ghost, Myungsoo heard a familiar voice whisper into his ear, "Cause he hasn't gotten laid in forever," sending the tiny hairs on the back of his neck shooting up.

"Ya! Yeol!" Myungsoo squeaked as he fell forward in shock, "Ya! That'll be you too if you keep scaring me like that!!"

"Why? You do it to everyone all the time," Yeol defended himself with his trademark puppy dog eyes.  

"Aish!" He nearly punched his lover.

Dongwoo shook his head, laughing at the two. Returning his attention to Infi, he discovered that she'd managed the pull the horn into .

Yep, this entire time she only cared for the horn. Who cares if her daddies are loud. They're always loud. She's used to it. 

In the background, Jong griped as he diligently continued his "housewife duties." Given to him as punishment for trying to teach her Latin.

 

*****

 

"When does Jongie's partner get here?" Sunggyu asked the PD.

"Yeah, when? I refuse to give her back until she gets here!" Yeol asserted strongly as he hugged the baby in his arms.

"You guys act like I'm some sort of super villain!!" Jong balled his fists up, "I'm not conducting evil experiments on her like a mad scientist! I'm only encouraging her to excel! Learning can be fun!"

"It's not fun!" Dongwoo argued back before nudging Hoya for back-up, "Right, Hoya!?" ...Only to realize that Hoya'd already tuned out, "Ya!" he ripped the sound-canceling headphones off of his roommate's head, "PAY ATTENTION!!" Whoops, even Dongwoo'd lost his cool now. T.T 

"Agh, what'd you do that for?" Hoya frowned.

"Jong's still trying to turn Infi into Albert Einstein, but she's not Albert Einstein. She's a little girl who needs to play and enjoy life. Not live in a 24-hour classroom!"

"Ah.. that again?" Hoya sighed.

"What? Yes! YES! That again!" Dongwoo gritted his teeth.

"Dongwoo?" Gyu finally piped up.

"WHAT!?" Gyu jumped, seeing the rage in Dongwoo's eyes. Something that he or any of the other members have ever seen before. And, were currently terrified for their lives over.

"P--pie... Would you like some pie?"

"Pie?" *blink blink* "We have pie!?" *click* the crazy switch in Dongwoo head flipped over and the happy-go-lucky boy returned, "Where? Gimme, gimme!!"

Myungsoo cautiously eyed Gyu before running off to his refrigerator to retrieve said pie as a peace offering.

"Strawberries!" Dongwoo gleefully bounced up and down as he devoured the tasty treat.

"Yeah--Yeah..so.." Hoya gulped, afraid to state his own thoughts on the matter. "Honestly, I've thought about it a lot..and really, maybe we should be pushing Infi. Not, not like 24/7, but she is pretty smart. Maybe smarter than other little kids her age, but we won't know if we only ever play with her. And, that's all we ever do... Well, no maybe I shouldn't phrase it like that. Playing can be educational. Just not Jongie's way. But, anyways maybe we can teach her every once in awhile.. like just a music class. It'll keep her engaged and encourage her to learn more." He tried to sound like he knew what he was talking about.

"A music class doesn't sound too bad.." Yeol nodded.

Woohyun agreed, "It's not pushing her too hard."

"It's age appropriate, too" Gyu added.

"I've been teaching her music!!" Jong abruptly shouted.

"Yeah, alongside Latin, mathematics, and every single thing imaginable," Gyu lightly smacked him on the head.

"That's not true, I didn't try to teach her astrophysics!"

"Was it on the itinerary?" Woohyun joked.

"Aish forget it!" Jong stormed off towards the bathroom.

Myungsoo shook his head, "If I remember right, we never said that he couldn't teach her...just not to go overboard with it.."

"He went overboard. He went overboard," Dongwoo repeated the phrase to emphasize the overboarded overboardness. 

Back to waiting for Jongie's mystery partner.

 

*****

 

PD-nim finally received the phone call that he was waiting for, and soon after instructed his camera crew to film Infinite's front door.

"Omo is she here already!?" Gyu jumped up from his seat. The other scurrying towards the door, behind him.

"Out of the way!" PD-nim swiftly shooed them away, "You're blocking the view!"

"Oh! I know, let's surprise her!" Yeol shrieked, "Let's hide in the kitchen and jump out when she comes in!"

"Yes! I love it!" Myungsoo grabbed Jong and Woohyun, pulling them into the kitchen with him.

"Ah, what if we leave Infi in the middle of the living room, too?" Dongwoo suggested.

"Yeah, let's do that! She'll see Infi and walk straight towards her!" Woohyun agreed.

But, "That's not what we planned!" PD-nim threw his script at the boys in protest.

"SO WHAT!!??" Myungsoo's sudden outburst shut him down, as he chunked the script right back at him.

*blink blink*

"I guess we're doing it..." PD's assistant said while snickering.

"..."

"We're doing it," Gyu decided for him as he gently placed Infi down on the carpet.

The seconds ticked on like hours as the kids crouched down behind the kitchen counter. And, soon a slender woman carefully opened their front door. Gracefully spinning around when she recognized the staff, and calling out "Infi~ Mommy's home!"

But, noticing the tiny infant all alone the girl stayed put instead of running towards her. Placing her hands on her hips, "Now, where are you'd daddies?" already suspicious. 

Inside the kitchen, the boys whispered amongst each other, "Can you see her?"

"I can't."

"Do you recognize her voice?"

"I think so.."

"Crawl out and peek," Gyu elbowed Hoya in the ribs.

"What? Me? You do it," Hoya refused.

"Then you do it, Dongwoo."

"No way," Dongwoo crossed his arms.

"I have an idea," Woohyun perked up, "How about the leader takes responsibility!" 

"Alright fine!" Gyu shot him an evil look befire begrudgingly getting on all fours and quietly crawlling towards the door to try and identify the mystery girl.

All the while, the woman had already spotted the microphone receiver hanging off of the other side of the kitchen - recording the boys' conversation, "Ah ha.." 

Instead of calling them out on it, she crouched down by the corner and waited.

"..." Gyu kept his head down as he inched forward, gritting his teeth and plotting his revenge.

*tick tock* Gyu gulped and lifted his head, hoping he'd gotten close enough to see her face.

Who knew Gyu's eyes could even get that big...? "I'm--I'm usually not like this..." was all he could muster upon getting caught - inches away from her face.

She smiled and waved, not saying a word. Instead, she held up her finger in a "shh" gesture. And, being the genius he is Gyu took the hint, only relaying back the message that, "She's wearing a mask..." before crawling around behind her.

Gyu couldn't help but quietly laugh as they waited for the next unwilling victim.

5...10...15 seconds slowly passed before they heard a rustle of clothing and a hushed, "Hyung..? Hyung are you there?"

Never receiving a reply, the boys opted for a game of rock paper scissors to send out their next sacrifice.

"Wow, Infinite really does use rock paper scissors for everything..." the woman thought.

And victim number 2 is *drumroll*...Hoya!

Hoya breathed in deeply to steady his nerves, resolving his fate, "fighting." 

"Fighting," the others shook their fists in encouragement.

Only, "...She's wearing a mask," yet again was the only message sent back before communication was cut.

"Really?" Woohyun gasped.. "Where is she? Did she go into another room? Where'd she go?"

"Aish, we should have jumped out as soon as she opened the door," Myungsoo whined.

"Agh..let's just give up," Jong attempted to stand up, "Come on, my legs are cramping."

"No," he was pulled back down. "That's it! I'll handle this, guys!" Yeol rolled up his sleaves, "I'll settle this once and for all," and quickly scrambled out of their little den.

"Ne..let's try one la---" Dongwoo tried staying optimistic as he rubbed his sore neck, only to be cut off be Yeol's trademark ear-bleeding shriek. 

"KKYYAAA!!!!!!!!"

They all jumped - individually injuring a different body part against the underside of the kitchen, "Oowww."

"What the hell Yeol!?" Jong ran out to beat his hyung up, "We're supposed to scare her!! Not us, you imbecile!"

"I--I!! She's wearing a mask!" Yeol screamed as he pointed at the mystery woman in a pink hamster mask covering her entire head -  standing next to an elated Gyu and Hoya.

"Jongie, she was waiting for us," Gyu finally confessed while gesturing towards the spot where she'd crouched down.

"...Goddamit..."

"What!?" Dongwoo screamed, "Was she!?" What the? How did you know?"

The woman walked over to the microphone receiver and held out her arms like one of those prize presenters on game shows.

"Oh.." they each let it sink in how'd they'd been caught.

"..Ya! Why didn't you hide that? Or say anything?" Myungsoo wailed at the staff.

"Because it was funny.." their PD smirked.

 

 

++++++++++

 

It was funny, right? haha

So who is this mystery mommy?

Sidenote: Dongwoo's not so much mad at Jongie, but pissed that Hoya's ignoring him, and always tuning everyone out with his headphones. It happens too often..especially when Dongwoo wants to talk about what's concerning him.