Mystery Solved

Infi The Infinite Infant

I'm here and working on the next chapter.

 

 

++++++++++

 

Myungsoo woke up 8 hours after arriving home. "Ugh," he groaned while stumbling out of bed. He vaguely remembered passing out immediately after hitting his bed, and it was evident - still wearing his blue t-shirt and white pants. "Time for a bath..." After which he walked to the kitchen for some coffee.

Gloomy, he decided to flip through his camera at all of the cute pictures he took. All of them cute and whimsical..but...

*flashback*

"Look Infi, Daddy bought you platy fish and they're all yours," Myungsoo poured the bag into their new fish tank - equipped with cute fake plants and everything. Infi glued herself to the side and let herself be hypnotized again...She stayed like that.

"Baby, do you want to feed them?" Myungsoo shook the food dispenser, happily.

No reply. 

"Infi..Infi..?"

*drooling* "Pretty~" 

"You're ignoring me again, aren't you?" Myungsoo shook the bottle in front of her face, "Hello?"

"Infi..." He tugged on one of her arms, "Please look at daddy.."

 

*****

 

Welcome to Yeollie's Theater Time! *cheers/cheesy tv graphics*

Yeol sat on the floor across from Infi with a sock puppet on both of his hands. "Now Mr.Oreunchok, you know that that's not a very nice thing to say," he scolded his right hand, "Apologize to Mrs.Oenchok."

"I'm sorry, Mrs.Oenchok," his right hand lightly patted his left hand.

"See, that's much better," Yeol returned his full attention back to Infi, "And, that how we play nice and forgive each other's mistakes." 

Of course not understanding any of this, Infi sat there dumbfounded and was only concerned with repeatedly crawling towards Yeol and trying to steal the socks off of his hands. "What are you doing Daddy Yeol? Are your hands in trouble? Let me get those for you."

"No! No, Infi I need these. I need them in order to teach you valuable lessons," Yeol pleaded, "Now listen closely."

"..Whatever.." Infi thought before giving up and crawling away, "I can't help you if you don't want to be helped..."

"Hey, hey come back here Infi!" Yeol grabbed her and sat her back down inside his self-made theater (a pillow fort). 

Regardless of Infi's disinterest, Yeol continued his education program, "Now let's learn are fruits and vegetable!" He pulled out a box of fruit and held them up one by one, "apple, banana, strawberry, orange, lemon, lime, blueberries, peach." He placed the box on the floor in front of her, "Now, you remember the strawberry, right? Show me the straw~berry."

"Oooh, I know these! Food!" Infi grabbed the banana and put it in .

"No, that's the banana," Yeo pouted, "Daddy Yeol wants the strawberry."

"How do I eat this?" Infi removed the banana and flipped it over, "Maybe this way?"

"No, no..you have to peel it first," Yeol was successfully easily distracted and peeled the banana for her.

"Much softer," she giggled and gummed the fruit.

"Ba-na-na, Infi. That's a ba-na-na. B A N A N A S." (90's kids, you know the Gwen Stefani song.)

All the while, Myungsoo watched from their kitchen table in amusement - not saying a word. And, amusing it was. Sure, Infi wasn't amused, but Yeol's energetic performance and dedication was enthralling. Especially after he gave up, and switched to vocal warm-ups and theater rehearsal, including various famous scenes (and a few of his script readings). Infi starring as the female lead in every show.

"This is your part, baby, say 'That's not true! I love you! I've always loved you," Yeol put the words into Infi's mouth, while simultaneously shaking the puppet on his right hand - before shoving it up towards her. Suddenly the puppet was mock-kissing her all over her face, "Oh, I love you too honey. I love you so much!"

(These are too embarrassing to write.. insert BOF, Goblin, Descendant of The Sun, Healer, Rooftop Prince, etc, and Hi! School Love On alternative ending, of course.)

By now Myungsoo's cooked lunch.

"Waa! Infi baby, you'll grow up to be an idol star for sure! The sooner you start practicing the better!" 

Still, Infi's thoughts, "I have no idea what's going on~."

Myungsoo looked at his watch, "Hey honey, you should come eat. We need to get going soon." They had a photoshoot to get to.

"Wait, one more! I'm training a starlet. Practice and patience are crucial!" 

"She's too young for that. She probably doesn't even know the difference between reality and her imagination yet," Myungsoo reminded him, "Don't kids, like four years old, still have difficulties deciphering tv shows from real life? You can't tell her to 'play pretend' yet. She doesn't understand."

"Right, but doesn't that mean that everything 'pretend' to her?"

"..Point taken.." Myungsoo nodded, "but she's probably not going to remember any of this a few weeks from now either..."

"Fine.." Yeol griped, as Myungsoo grabbed Infi up.

"Infi, are you hungry? Do you want Daddy Myung--" Myungsoo tried asking before Infi squirmed out of his grasp and crawled off.

"What the?" Yeol gasped, "She still doesn't like you!?"

"Why!?" Myungsoo screeched, "But you!" He pointed an accusatory finger at her, "But we had fun together! You loved the aquarium! Is that it? You only loved the aquarium? You used me? Made me feel like you liked me so that you'd have fun there!?" 

Infi looked back briefly before crawling off at a faster pace.

"Ya! Come back here, you little traitor!!"

"Woah, Woah! Calm down, baby! You can't attack a baby!" Yeol grabbed him.

 

*****

 

"Let's go go go!"

The concept of their latest photoshoot: 'Grown and Cute'

Myungsoo sat on a pile of candy, hugging a giant stuffed tootsie roll body pillow. With a gloomy cloud over his head.

Woohyun danced around in a casual suit - with a gigantic rainbow lollipop prop.

Gyu and Hoya wore fashionable turtlenecks, yet ran around aiming colorful plastic water guns at one another.

Someone gave Dongwoo a pacifier - hence he'd been chewing on it for the last 10 minutes (like in Sesame Player)

Staff gave Yeol a blue Mercedes just big enough for him to squeeze into and drive around set.

Jong sat un-amused between two large stuffed teddybears, "Why is it always teddybears?"

 

The post-shoot Interview. 

"So tell me, how are you each adjusting to fatherhood?" the interviewer asked.

"It's great!" Woohyun shouted.

"It gives me headaches," Gyu bluntly announced, followed by the others' awkward laughter.

"No, but really, we're all adjusting well and Infi's a wonderful addition to our family," Dongwoo attempted to brighten the mood.

"She's absolutely adorable! I'm so glad CEO-nim let us keep her!" Jong shouted.

"That's wonderful," the interviewer laughed softly, "What about any experiences so far? I'm sure she can be a handful. I have two of my own and they're always getting into trouble."

"Oh no! Don't worry about trouble! Sunggyu hyung's baby-proofed our entire house!" Yeol gestured his arms widely.

"Ah, "Hoya chimed in, "Gyu took her to the supermarket and had a meltdown." Gyu's hand shot out to slap him across the head, "She doesn't need to know that!"

"Dude, Inspirit already know it!" Myungsoo scoffed. It's online.

Gyu glared at him, "Well, at least Infi likes me." Whoops, he instantly regretted saying that.

"Uh.." Dongwoo coughed, "these two are a little sensitive today.." he pleaded.

"Ne, Infi's a bit finicky, but she doesn't mean to anger others," Woohyun helped Dongwoo try to defuse the tension. 

Gyu sighed, "I'm sorry...I know you're trying.."

"Care to explain?" the interviewer prodded.

"I don't know what's wrong. I even took her to the aquarium! We had a great time together, but after we got home Infi snubbed me! All she wanted to do was watch her pet fish that I bought her!" The today I tried feeding her, but she ran off."

"I see.." She asked a few personal questions but moved on to more carefree topics. Overall the interview wasn't a bust. Especially with Yeol re-enacting his theater time, and Woohyun imitating Infi's mad dancing skills. They laughed about their crazy frog competition, as well. 

 

*****

 

"Let's go eat," Gyu suggested after the interview.

"But, Soo and I have to get home to Infi," Yeol protested.

"Staff won't mind. They keep trying to hog her to themselves, anyways," Woohyun chuckled.

"Then it's settled! Let's go out to eat!" Dongwoo cheered.

Hoya - "Bibimbap!"

Myungsoo - "Bulgogi!"

Jong - "Tteok-bokki!"

Woohyun - "Gamja-tang!"

Dongwoo - "Tacos!!"

"..."

"What? That 's amazing!"

"...Tacos are amazing..." Yeol agreed, "and nachos and chalupas.."

"We're eating Korean food," Gyu scolded the two.

"..."

"But now I want nachos too," Woohyun pouted.

"An enchilada sounds divine right now," Jong added.

" you guys.."

"Burrito time!" Hoya yelled out in the middle of crossing the street.

"We're all getting diarrhea from this.." Gyu groaned.

"That's ok, Chinese food always gives Soo diarrhea," Woohyun joked. *smack*

Meanwhile, Dongwoo'd already pulled out his phone to search for a local restaurant with Mexican food, "Two blocks to the left. We can walk there."

 

*****

 

"Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom"

"Stop it!"

"What I can't help it now! I have to do it every time I eat! It's like she put me under a spell!" Woohyun whined.

Dongwoo laughed, "Oh come on guys, it's just Nam, Nam Nam Nam Nam Nam Nam Nam Nam~."

"Ha yeah right, more like,

"Namu Namu Namu.

Namu Namu Namu Namu Namu Namu

neo~ Namu Namu Namu Namu Namu Namu," Hoya one-upped him from E.X.I.D's "Are You Hungry" to I.O.I's "Very Very." 

"Lord, make it stop," Jong rolled his eyes while stuffing his face.

Everyone else was enjoying themselves, except Myungsoo. He looked at him, "You know Myungsoo hyung, i've been thinking about something a lot lately..."

"Huh, what is it Jongie?" Myungsoo asked.

“...It’s because you only wear black.”

“Huh?” Myungsoo scoffed, "You trying to pick a fight?"

Everyone shifted their attention to the two.

"No," Jong shook his head, “Infi likes bright colors.”

Myungsoo blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what's going on.

“...But you always dress like the Grim Reaper,” Jong continued. 

“Oh?”

"Yaa~" Dongwoo caught on faster than him, "I see, Infi doesn't like men who wear black.." He scanned Myungsoo up and down, "from head-to-toe."

"Ya!" Myungsoo protested, "I look good in black!"

"You wore blue and white to the aquarium.." Gyu chimed in.

"You dress like a 'bad man'" Hoya interrupted, "No wonder Infi tries to avoid you."

"Wait a second? How do you know what I wore to the aquarium?" Myungsoo shouted.

Meanwhile, Woohyun mused to himself a bit too loud, "I wonder if 'bad men' in black took Infi's mommy?" Men in black suits.

"..." The mood completed it's downward spiral into somber uncertainty.

 

*****

 

"Gaaa~~ So I just needed to change my clothes...That's all it was," Myungsoo plopped onto his couch.

"Infi, Infi Infi Infi~" Yeol sang in the background, grabbing her up from staff and dancing around. 

"What the?" Myungsoo spotted a small note taped to their coffee table, "Yeol, come look at this."

"Huh? What is it?" Yeol walked over.

"It's an arrow.."

"Get up, let's follow it," Yeol suspiciously walked towards the hallway.

"Here's another one," Yeol showed him - along the wall.

"It's pointing to our bathroom."

Yeol held Infi protectively, "You open it. Something might jump out at us!"

"You've been watching too many horror flicks," Myungsoo swung the door open and found a third paper.

 

 


++++++++++

 

'Oreunchok' and 'oenchock' are 'right' and 'left' in Korean.

MYSTERY SOLVED!