Beach Date

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, let's have Date Night!"

"Didn't we just do that last night, Woohyun?" Gyu groaned as he rubbed his sore back - from sleeping on the floor.

"No, not like that!" Woohyun whined, "A real date where we can get nice and cozy~." He snuggled up to Gyu and attempted to wrap his arms around him. Like the greasy lil'  he is. 

"Get off me," Gyu rejected his advance, "And, how do you suppose we'd do that? Pawn Infi off for a night?"

"No..." Woohyun pouted, "I was thinking more along the lines of--" he re-envisioned his naughty plan, "Ah! More along the lines of going to the beach! As a family!"

"The beach?" Gyu stared at him curiously, "Why not stay home and watch a movie?"

"Oh, yeah... That's an idea too..." Woohyun quietly conceded, and pulled out his phone to search for some kid-friendly movie that was available to play on demand.

"But then again," seeing those stupid puppy dog eyes, "I like your idea better," Gyu stole his phone away and pulled up a map to a local beach. One that wasn't too popular this time of year.

"Really, hyung!? We're going on a beach date!?" Woohyun's eyes beamed as he shouted for joy and hugged his hyung. Running away before Gyu could chunk his phone at him. 

 

**********

 

Two days later they'd successfully managed to talk PDnim into allowing their little vacation scheme.

Arriving at the quaint little beach, Woohyun cheered with Infi in his arms, "Yay! Beach Day! Beach Day!" and twirled around. "We're having a beach day! Let's build sand castles, explore the water, and find all sorts of cute little seashells! We'll have a picnic, too, and watch the sunset! There are all sorts of fun things to do~!"

Infi didn't understand a word that came out of his mouth, but daddy was a smiling idiot, so she smiled alongside him.

As for her attire, Woohyun had dressed her up in a cute pink and white polka-dotted one-piece swimsuit. As for himself, he only wore his formfitting purple swim trunks and sandals. Purposefully, to drive Gyu insane. While Gyu opted for a more conservative black pair of shorts complemented with a grey tank top.

Carefully selecting a spot away from the sight of any passerby tourists, Gyu shook out their blanket three meters from the waterline before smoothing it out onto the sand. Leaving a basket of goodies on top of it, before unfolding two lounge chairs. One on each side to force Woohyun to keep his distance. Following that, he stabbed an umbrella into the ground for shade above his own chair. Woohyun could cook alive. 

Meanwhile Woohyun struggled to apply sunscreen onto little Infi, as she kept twisting and turning to watch small crabs scatter about - running away from them.

"Ooh, another one. Waa~ he's so funny looking!" she cooed as she attempted to pick one up.

"No! No, no, no, no baby," Woohyun caught her just in time as it snapped at her fingers, "Hyung, let's move further away. There are too many crabs here."

Gyu rolled his eyes, "They're already running away from us. Besides, they're all too small to inflict any real damage."

"But one attacked Infi just now!"

*Snap snap* Infi clutched and released her fists repeatedly in imitation of the little crab snapping it's claws in front of her.

"Aggh~!" Woohyun cried out in exasperation. "Why do you like crabs so much!?" he complained as he tried yet again to keep her from chasing them.

Gyu groaned, "I've already set everything out. Just keep an eye out for them," as he stole the sunscreen to start covering himself. 

"Agh..."

"You forgot her legs," Gyu temporarily halted his own sunscreen routine to finish what Woohyun started. "Tickle tickle tickle," he kept her distracted by pretending to tickle her as he spread it out evenly. And, "boop," poked her nose - resulting in her adorably crossing her eyes. "Annnnd that's how you apply sunscreen on an infant," he finished off by bragging.  

Woohyun scoffed, "Tch, of course, she let you do it. She likes you better." He turned his back on them. Grumpily, staring out into the ocean waves.

"Oh come on Woohyun, don't be childish," Gyu nudged him, "Relax. We're at the beach." He attempted to brighten his mood by whispering into Infi's ear, "Infi, climb. Climb? Up daddy."

"Climb? Oh, I know that one," Infi followed Gyu's instruction and threw herself onto Woohyun's back in an all-out attempt to climb up.

"What the!?" Woohyun shouted as her body weight smashed into him. "Infi? Why? Why are you on Daddy's head? Aigoo!" Infi pulled on his hair as she struggled to get all the way up. "Ah, ah, ah ah! Hyung, help!" he begged as he rolled onto the ground and pulled Infi on top of his chest to restrain her.

"Oh shi-," Gyu laughed. He hadn't thought this through, "Hey, Woohyun. She understands the word climb!" He thought she'd simply crash into him like a hug, but she put way more effort into it. 

"Ya!" Woohyun protested, "You told her to attack me?"

"Well...no. Not exactly," he defended, "I told her to cheer you up."

Woohyun stared his hyung down as they both listened to Infi's maniacal giggling. 

"This is fun!" she incoherently screeched. 

"Infi," Gyu decided to try a different tactic, "hug?"

"Hug?" Infi questioned him.

"Yeah, hug," Woohyun hugged her, "Like this. Hug."

"Oh," Infi hugged him back, "squeeze."

"Ah..she's smarter than I thought already," Gyu thought to himself.

 

**********

 

A little while later Woohyun had Infi up and excitedly running all over the beach in a game of tag, "Hyung come play with us!"

Gyu smirked, "No thank you. I'm fine," as he drank a beer while lounging on his chair in the shade.

"Gah! Hyung save me!" Woohyun tripped over a rock and crashed face first into the soft sand, "I've been defeated!" He reverted to his usual overly dramatic self as Infi threw herself on top of him. "Save me! The evil Crab Queen has cast a spell on our fair princess and now she's trying to kill me! You're my only hope! Hyung, please!"

"Nope, you're all alone in this one," as heartless as ever.

"Ok fine," Woohyun pulled himself up, "but you're missing out on all of the precious moments here," he chastised him.

"No, I'm not. I'm watching it all very attentively," Gyu chuckled.

"Ah, I have an idea!" Woohyun swept Infi up in his arms and carried her towards the shoreline. "Hyung, I'm going to dip her toes in!" he called back for Gyu to join them.

It worked. "Ya, wait for me!" Gyu jumped up and chased after them. Grabbing a second drink before heading over.

"Hehehehe," Woohyun giggled as he dangled her tiny feet over the water, "Are you ready, baby?"

Infi stared questionably back at her daddy, "Is it bath time..?"

"We're in the sea. Ba-da. Ocean. Can you say Bada?"

Infi tried her best to maintain her calm, "Mmmmm I'm still adjusting to the land."

"No?" he asked her, "You're not ready? What if Daddy goes in first?" he suggested as he waded into the water. "Oh, it's cold! Cold!" he shivered as he heard Gyu chuckling at him.

"Ya! Sit, you idiot. Sit down on one of these rocks," Gyu suggested as he showed Woohyun over to the collection of medium sized rocks protruding out along the waterline. Sitting on one, himself.

"Yeah, good idea," Woohyun agreed and sat down next to him, "it's really shallow here, so she can crawl around and explore." 

"Whoah," he directed his attention back to Infi and carefully submerged her feet into the cold water. "You're doing so good~," he praised her when she didn't instantly pull them back up.

"Kick," Gyu abruptly joked.

"Wha?" Woohyun looked at him, "Do--does she know kick?"

"Apparently not," Gyu laughed when Infi only looked at him dumbfounded.

"Mmmm?" meanwhile Infi looked back down at the shimmering water when she spotted a tiny fish swimming by. "Ah?" she attempted to lunge for it, thinking it was another crab. 

"Omo," Woohyun gasped as he felt Infi pull away, "You're ready? Already? Ok," he let go as they watched her splash around trying to corner it.

"He got away," Infi frowned as she whipped her head around to relocate it. "Ah, There you are!" she spotted a different fish swimming in her direction. "Oh no!? My fishies!" she instantly recognized it, remembering her trip to the aquarium. "Come back!" she desperately tried to catch each one, thinking that they were the same fish in her tank back home. In Myungyeol's apartment.

"Ah, hyung she's fishing!" Woohyun announced once he figured out what'd happened. Splashing water on her other side to help direct the fish towards her.

"Woohyun, that scares the fish away..." Gyu bluntly pointed out to him.

"Nu-uh! They think its bait," he attempted to defend himself.

"That's large fish," Gyu corrected him, "These tiny fish avoid predators that splash around like that."

"Ooh..." Woohyun pouted, "Then...Oh! Look, it's a starfish," he excitedly pointed one out, "Hyung, it's a starfish!"

"Waa~" he engaged Infi, "Let's touch it!" while Gyu got up to lean closer to the orange sea creature attached to the side of a smaller rock.

"Give her to me" Gyu held his arms out as Woohyun passed her to him. "See Infi, it's a star-fish. He lives on this rock and eats muscles and clams," he explained as he took her hand in his and guided her to softly pet it. "Doesn't he feel weird~?"

"Wow~" Infi mumbled as Gyu let go and she continued to pet it with both hands. "I want," she attempted to pry it off of the rock after a bit. 

"No no, baby let's not do that," Woohyun and Gyu laughed.

"He lives here. We can't take him with us," Gyu told her as he tried to direct her interest to something else. "Omo! Look at that!" he animatedly pointed out another creature ready for inspection. A hermit crab that Woohyun had found. 

"Hello, Infi," Woohyun introduced the animal with a funny voice, "My names Hermes The Hermit Crab. Check out my cool shell. It's my house. Isn't that cool? I carry my house wherever I go," before handing him to Infi to hold. "It's ok. My house is really hard, so you can drop me on accident. I won't be mad."

"Are you sure?" Gyu cocked his eyebrow, "He might get mad."

"Ah, maybe, but hermit crabs don't bite so..." Woohyun nervously smiled.

"Yeah that's true, it's better than a crab," Guy conceded as they watched the animal curl up and hide in his shell, as Infi flip him over and peeked inside.

"Omo, I think he's shy," Woohyun said as he tickled her cheek, "Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"I'll go find a clam," Gyu excused himself to search around for another little friend to introduce to her. Returning empty-handed, "Ah..other than bugs there's not much else but fish and crabs..." not having looked too hard.

But it wasn't too bad. "Hyung!" Woohyun cried out in laughter as he pointed out Infi having the time of her life - bouncing and giggling crazily. "Pfffftt!! hahaha," he attempted to explain but couldn't.

"What? Did she find one on her own?" Gyu squatted down next to her, "Infi, show daddy what--?" and immediately got splashed in the face.

"Hahaha! The rocks!!" Woohyun finally exclaimed, "She's in love with the rocks!" as Infi banged smooth rocks together and threw them down - splashing about.

"We brought her animals, but she loves the rocks more!" Woohyun still couldn't stop laughing.

"Ai..sh," Gyu griped as he shielded himself from another watery smack to the face as Infi slammed another rock into the water.

"Ok, ok, baby. That's enough," Woohyun tried to coach her back out of the water. Opting for Stage B, "Let's build a sand castle now, ok? Hyung, go get the bucket and shovels!"

"Ah, yeah," Gyu got up to run and retrieve their basket of goodies. Pulling out two small shovels and buckets to bring back. 

"Waa~ but Daddy wants to build a castle?" Woohyun whined as he negotiated with the terrorist who insisted on playing with her rocks, "We can place them on the castle, ok? They'll look so pretty as decorations~." Making sure to take them from her as he carried her to his optimal castle construction site. 

"Woohyun, she's going to throw them again," Gyu sternly warned him before someone got hurt.

"I know that," Woohyun whispered back, "I'm going to bury them while you distract her."

"Ah.." Gyu nodded, "I'm being used," before squatting down to begrudgingly construct a castle that he wanted nothing to do with - while still drinking his beer. Maybe a few more will change his mind.

"Look Infi, Daddy Gyu is building your castle!" Woohyun showed her, "Waa~! It'll be so big and pretty! Right Daddy, Gyu!?"

"Tch," Gyu scoffed, "Better idea! Infi, let's play bury Daddy Woohyun alive."

"Hyung~."

"Aishh.." Gyu rolled his eyes and grabbed a bucket, "Fine."

With her full attention directed to Gyu's new behavior, Woohyun discarded the rocks behind him in a shallow grave before grabbing his own shovel. "Scoop, dump. Scoop, dump," he illustrated his actions for her. Unlike Gyu who quietly worked. "Psshhhuuhh whoop!" he mixed water in to strengthen the mixture and dumped the bucket over - smoothing out the sides. "I'll build the great tower for you to stare out and watch over all of your loving peasants." 

At first, Infi simply watched the two work, but then she wanted to help too. So she picked up handfuls of sand and added them on top of their separate structures. Helping Gyu out more than Woohyun.

"Waa~ Infi, I want more sand too~," Woohyun whined, but Infi ignored him.

"Daddy Gyu needs more help," she convinced herself, as his structure wasn't as tall. Because he was focusing on the sturdy framework. Unlike Woohyun, who was building on top of Gyu's structure - decorating tower after tower.

"Ah! Infi, not there..." Gyu sighed, "I don't need sand there," as she piled on one fistful after another where the drawbridge belonged. 

"But, I'm filling in the hole," Infi pouted, wrongly accused of damaging his hard work.

"Ah? Ah?" Gyu quickly backtracked under threat of a crying baby girl. "No, it's ok! Keep piling it on! Keep putting sand there! It's ok, really! We just won't have a front door! It's ok! Don't cry!" he panicked as Woohyun laughed.

"This little..." Gyu glared at Woohyun as he peeked around the tower ready to execute his devious revenge plan. Brought on by an hour of begrudgingly constructing a waste of time when he could be lazily sun-bathing, and slight tipsiness.

Next thing Woohyun knew he'd caught Gyu looking at him up and down suspiciously. "What?" he asked in amusement.

"What?" Gyu mouthed back sarcastically.

"Haha, oooh so you've been secretly checking me out this whole time? I caught you," he played with him. 

"No--No I wasn't! I wasn't doing that at all!" Gyu shouted in protest. He was not checking Woohyun out just now. He was doing it earlier, but right now he was scheming how to squeeze a crab into those tight swim trunks.

"Ha, I can see your drool from over here!" Woohyun lied.

"What!?" Gyu wiped his mouth with the back of his arm. No drool, "Why you!? I'm not drooling!" 

"Aigoo!" Woohyun fell over, hysteric that Gyu actually fell for his little trick.

"Ya! Why you--!?" Gyu jumped up to pummel him as Woohyun took off running, "Get back here so I can hit you!" Leaving forgotten little Infi all alone to finish her big beautiful pile of dirt. And, eat the little bugs that crawled out of it.

*bleep* Staff called a timeout when the boys came back into view when they saw the bruise on Woohyun's upper arm....and Gyu's twisted ankle.

"It was an accident..." Gyu coughed. Half, of it, was an accident.

After quick treatments, the boys continued filming as if nothing happened - with a little concealer.

"Infi, what's that in your mouth?" Gyu asked after their castle was finished. Only now realizing that she was chewing on something.

"Oh, Hyung, isn't she eating something?" Woohyun checked on her, as well. "Infi, open," and held his hand out for her to spit it out. But, she swallowed it. 

"Infi, what did you just swallow? Are you eating sand?" Gyu started to panic, "Are you hungry? Woohyun, let's go ahead and eat dinner now."

"Ne, that sounds like a good idea," Woohyun smiled, "I'm actually pretty worn out and hungry right now," and laughed. "But first, Infi, Godzilla!" he ordered as Infi swiftly jumped up and annihilated the castle.

"...And she destroyed it..." Gyu gave Woohyun an unpleasantly disapproving look, "Was this all for your amusement?" as Infi wrecked all of his hard work. 

 

**********

 

The boys were setting up for their picnic when a staff member approached them, "Uhm, guys,"

"Yeah?" Gyu asked. Expecting staff to tell them that they'd already stayed too long and had to leave - from the look on the man's face. 

"The thing is..." he continued, "There's a bit of an emergency back at the main office and we need to hurry back."

"Ah..." Gyu sighed, "Alri--." Letting them stay all day was too good to be true, so he readily began gathering the dishes back into their basket, as Woohyun opened his mouth to protest.

"No, no! It's ok," the man cut them both off by surprise, "You guys can stay here a while longer!" he offered, "It's not that important, really! But, we'll leave you with one camera stand and your self-cams. And, then we'll retrieve the footage tomorrow. Are you both ok with that?"

Both Gyu and Woohyun looked at each other for consideration. "Yeah, tha--that's fine with me," Gyu made the final decision. "We'll catch up with you later.." he nervously agreed. He didn't think anything bad would happen to them. They hadn't seen any other people the entire day. So as long as wild wolves, or a drunk homeless man, didn't just materialize into thin air they'd be fine. Regardless, he was hesitant about being alone. "Ah, screw it. You need to drink more alcohol and relax," he thought to calm himself down. 

Woohyun nodded. "Yeah, we'll be ok. I haven't seen any crazy people running around yet," he joked. "And Infi's a little angel~."

Woohyun chuckled quietly as he bent over to check on Infi as staff left. "Oh yes~. Daddy's gonna fill you up nice and chubby so you'll sleep like a rock~," he whispered, "And then Daddy's gonna accidentally cut off the cameras~." He secretly praised whatever this emergency was and plotted his intimate Woogyu Time. Despite already getting battered once that day.

Of course, "Nom nom nom nom," Gyu had to endure that damned song once again as Woohyun and Infi sang while eating. 

"Podado," Infi loved potatoes, ever since Woohyun taught her how to pronounce it.

"Aaah~ potato nom nom nom nom~" Woohyun flew the spoon around in twists and turns before swooping down into Infi's mouth.

It surprised Gyu how much she could eat as he watched spoonful after spoonful go down successfully without complaint. "Waa~ you're such a good eater."

Hearing him, Woohyun suggested, "Hyung, do you want to feed her now? I'm hungry." 

"Oh? Oh right," Gyu took over for Woohyun so that he could eat too.

"Thanks, hyung,' Woohyun replied before popping open his first beer of the night and quickly stuffing his face.

One, two, five, eight spoonfuls of potatos and mashed corn later and Infi was out cold. Peacefully sleeping in her portable bouncer.

"She's out for good, I think," Gyu whispered as he gently wiped away the mess around .

"Aww so cute~" Woohyun cooed, taking a snap for instagram, "My first beach~. I'm so tired!"

"Hey, " Gyu pulled out his phone to check the time, "We should start heading back..."

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." Woohyun yawned, "but Hyung, how much did you drink?"

"What?" Gyu blinked.

"How much did you drink? I'm not fit to drive right now..." he showed Gyu his second empty beer can. Pretending to be more inebriated than he really was. "Are you? You drank more than me."

"Ah.." Gyu let it register that neither of them could safely drive them back home at the moment, and sighed. "Ah, let's rest for a bit and see how we feel, before calling a taxi."

"Mhm," Woohyun nodded, "Should we turn off the cameras too, to be safe?"

Gyu's intoxicated mind eagerly agreed to his dongseang's suggestion, "Yeah, that too," in fear of any embarassing moments - saved for outtakes. 

He switched all three cameras off and laid down in his chair to rest his eyes, as they both reclined in silence. Lulled by only the sound of the waves rolling and the subtle squeaking on Infi's bouncer as Woohyun gently pushed it with his foot.

Each turning their cell phones off, as to not wake her up. In effect, willingly ignoring staff's attempts to call them.

Soon the sun began slowly dropping and beautiful fusions of colors painted the sky, as Woohyun awoke. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He hadn't planned on napping, but he refused to admit that he'd lost his chance. "...Let's watch the sunset..." something romantic to set the mood before making his move.

Gyu moaned, "Maybe I'm too drunk..." he finally confessed out of nowhere - since Woohyun was the first to break the silence.

"Ah?" Woohyun pulled himself up, "Oh, right...I should call Manager-nim to come pick us up." Or pretend to call.

"Nah, " Gyu shook his head, "Earlier, I saw an inn across the street. Let's stay there for tonight. I'm sure they have an opening."

"An inn? Like a hotel?" Wait? Woohyun mentally acknowledged his stupid question, but was this Gyu's way of making a move on him

"Woohyun, what do you think the word inn stands for?"

"Ah whatever, let's just watch the sunset and then check it out," he conceded awkwardly and laid back down.

"...This is nice..."

 

++++++++++

 

Sadly (not!), that Inn only has one room left, and it's a single. ;P

See you later~.

 

Shameless plug: For any of my readers who sometimes enjoy something a bit darker. I'm on chapter 11 of "Mom's Friends," as Gyu spirals down into accepting insanity. Noteworthy, it is a hetero fic and Woohyun doesn't pop up until my next fic. T.T I'm not there yet.