Week 1!

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

Here's the rundown: Every week Infi will live in one of the four wings of Infinite's dorm. She will have consistent interactions with all seven members, but she will solely be the responsibility of the two (or one, in Jong's case) residents of that wing. During this time every necessary room will have hidden cameras to film everyday activities. This will give a realistic view of childrearing. These members will also be given special tasks. Lastly, sporadically throughout the 4-month run, the members will compete in special competitions.  Winning these competitions, plus fan votes will determine Infi's "Best Daddy."

 

*****

 

Infinite sat at their living room table, "Kai bai bo. Kai bai bo!" 

"Whoah! Gyu, you won! We won!" Woohyun shouted for joy. 

"Uh.. I won.." Gyu uttered in disbelief. Why was he even playing in the first place he thought to himself. He didn't want Infi first. Let the other's 'test her out' first.

Myungsoo groaned before collapsing forward, "We'll win next week Yeol.."

"It's ok Myungie," Woohyun rubbed his back, "We'll help out. I'm sure it's not against the rules to let you babysit her for an hour or two."

Behind them, Gyu was still motionlessly staring at his hand to Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungyeol's amusement, "Yoohoo! Daddy Gyu, you're on call! Wakey wakey!"

"At least it's not me," Jong looked towards the staff, "Any word on which idol guest is helping me yet?"

"Not yet," came the staff's reply, "but we're already getting a lot of love calls."

Moments later Woohyun stood up and gave a 'fighting' pose, "Right, so we need to move all of Infi's things into our apartment," he picked up Infi's playpen and used it as a box to toss all of Infi's toys. "Where's her diaper bag?" One of the female staff members threw it over her shoulder and followed him towards their apartment.  

"I'll help too," Dongwoo offered as he rounded up Infi's other things - scattered about their dorm. "Hammy? Hammy?"

"Right here!" Yeol offered, holding up the stuffed hamster. 

"Ok," the director called everyone's attention, "We'll be leaving now after checking all of the cameras one last time. Just go about your regular schedules and try not to make any messy situations. And Gyu, try not to complain too much."

 

*****

 

An hour later Gyu and Woohyun sat at their kitchen table, Infi in Woohyun's lap, reading their instruction cards, "Since it's the first week, we'll go easy on you. A) Feed Infi a healthy meal every 3 hours, B) Change a diaper in under a minute, C) Make sure Infi sleeps "enough", D) Create a safe play area, E) Check every potential hazard and baby proof it, F) Take Infi shopping with you." 

"Nnn, they think that's easy," Gyu groaned. 

"Relax Gyu, they're not telling us to bathe her three times a day." For now, staff will take care that. 

"Let's start right away.." Woohyun tried to think up a plan.

"Exactly, i'll baby-proof the apartment." With that Gyu walked off into his bedroom with a toolkit full of plugs for outlet sockets and sharp object protectors.

"I'm... not sure he'll come back..."

...

"Nope. Anyways are you hungry Infi?" Woohyun held his fingers towards her face to see if Infi tried to on them. She did, slobber dripping down his hand. "Eww. you really gotta work on that, you little puppy." He stood up and prepared Infi's bottle.

"Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom," Woohyun sang Infi's favorite song on repeat as he fed Infi. 

Seven minutes later, "Must you keep singing that wretched song?" Gyu burst out of his room and snapped, "I can already hear it in my dreams!" 

"But she loves it, and we're supposed to sing for her," Woohyun complained.

"Sing something else!" Gyu howled before returning to his bedroom.

"Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom," Woohyun sang softer, which made Infi giggle and spit up some of her formula.

"Uh oh we made a messy," he laughed.

"Clean up, clean up. Everybody clean up~." (damn you, Barney, I still remember that song. > <)

"Daddy~" Woohyun began miming Infi's voice again, "I'm all full. I wanna play now."

"You wanna play? What should we play?" 

"Let's slobber all over Hammy again!" Infi giggled. Revenge.

"Waa~ That sounds like so much fun. Let's go get your Hammy," Woohyun picked Infi up, suddenly remembering something. "Oh, whoops, you need to burp first. We'll play in a minute." He started to lightly bounce her and pat her back. Breaking out in random song lyrics, "We can burp, we can do it, burp burp burp. Infi's burp, the biggest burp. Oh, that hits the spot~." 

"Shut the up!"

*burp* Gyu's outburst scared the burp out of her... and made her cry.

"Ya, you made Infi cry!" Woohyun scolded Gyu.

"Your singing made her cry!" Gyu instantly regretted saying that and came out of his room, "I'm sorry. That went too far..here, let me see if I can stop her."

Gyu tucked Infi's arms in and held her exactly like Ms. Kang, "Now, let's see if this actually works." Within seconds Infi was merely softly hiccuping.

"Whoah, it worked..." Woohyun gasped.

"Yeah, it worked," Gyu smiled in awe, "we silenced the banshee."

"All better," Woohyu cooed, "Now apologize to her," he insisted.

"I'm sorry Infi. I didn't mean to yell," Gyu held Infi closer and rubbed her back.

"Waa~ Now we're all happy again," Woohyun took Infi back, "Now, where were we?" 

"Baby-proofing," Gyu made an 180-turn and left.

Woohyun hummed.

"I don't think Daddy Gyugyu wants to play with me," Woohyun spoke for Infi once more. 

Answering himself, "No, that's not it. I think Daddy Gyugyu's just really busy making sure you don't hurt yourself." Woohyun saw past Gyu's hardshell, and that he'd only relax once he'd run out of potential safety hazards and worries. 

"Hm? Shall we get Hammy? Or Ballie?" Woohyun asked Infi. "Ah! That's right, we have to build a play area first. Where are the cage walls?" He asked himself. Once he found them he placed Infi in her little playpen - carefully pulling out excess luggage. 

"Alright, let's go!" He got down on his knees and began connecting the locks, while closely examining the instructions.

Twenty minutes later Gyu came out to investigate, and then moved on to baby-proofing the kitchen. "Actually, Woohyun, can you give me one of those gates? I want to block off the entryway."

"Huh, oh yeah? I'll bring you one," Woohyun got up making sure to grab a drill just in case they had to fasten it to the wall. As he drilled it in he temporarily forgot Infi except for the occasional whimper. "Sorry baby, your daddies are busy. I'll play with you in a little while," he assured her.  

"There," Gyu smirked, testing out the new gate's hinge. "We can just step over it, but it's good workmanship to have a working gate."

"We did it!" Woohyun shouted in excitement. 

"Great, now I don't have to baby-proof the inside," Gyu walked off towards the bathroom.

Woohyun returned to Infi dejected, "Daddy's been used..." realizing that he'd done all the work.

...

*Infi's giggles* His own child was even laughing at how pathetic he was.

"Ah," he sighed, "that's Daddy Gyugyu for you," he turned to her, "Right, back to your play area," he continued his previous task. All in all Infi's play area took up most of their small living room, which was about half the size of the main living room. Inside, Woohyun placed a large thick soft foam mat that'd keep Infi from getting rug-burn before throwing all her toys inside. He kept her bouncy chair outside of the pen, fearful it might tip over if she crawled underneath it.

"What do you think?" He picked Infi up and showcased the playpen to her as if it were a penthouse at a resort, "And here's the luxury spa and beautiful lounge."

He laughed to himself while sounding as rich and snooty as possible, "Sadly there's no bathroom. You'll need to call a valet to carry you to the 'outside quarters if you feel the urge to poo-peh."

*sniff sniff* Speaking of... Woohyun sniffed her diaper. "Yeah, that's a poo-peh.."

Woohyun started towards Infi's changing table, "Uhh..Gyu.." He called out.

"Yeah?" Gyu replied after a minute.

"Uh.. can you come here and change Infi?"

"I already showed you how!"

"But, now I have to pee too..."

"Am I raising two babies!?"

"I'm sorry!" Woohyun held his legs together while passing Infi to him, "Thanks, hyung!" and took off running for the bathroom.

 

 

++++++++++

 

Yes! Got two chapters in one day! Woohyun's kind of a mess here. haha

Woogyu will continue next chapter.