Baby and Me

Infi The Infinite Infant

Ch. 29 is up! Yay! I just got Ch. 28 up yesterday! 

Quick write is quick write. ;P

++++++++++

 

That night Junghwa moved into Sungjong's spare bedroom without much trouble, and everyone went to bed fairly early. 

Except, Infi, of course. She was up fussing over how badly she wanted to eat popcorn. Blame Dongwoo, he'd let her taste it earlier while bugging Sungjong when everyone sat down and watched a movie in the big living room together.

The next morning, Sungjong tasked Junghwa with waking and preparing Infi, "You have one hour, Start!" 

Junghwa took off running, eagerly accepting the challenge, "Infi, wakey-wakey! It's nom nom time! Then we can make you all pretty and go play and make new friends!" 

She didn't need the whole hour. In fact, she only needed 20 minutes.

"Wow, why are you so good at this!?" Jong stared at a perfectly dressed Infi in shock, "Why? Infi, are you being extra good this morning?"

"Nope, she's her normal, cute little self~" Junghwa cooed as she hugged Infi.

"Then why? Ah, I know you used magic!" Jong struggled to understand Junghwa's "magical ability."

"Aigoo Oppa, I grew up playing with dolls, and I love kids so I know a lot about them. I'm really good with them!" she beamed.

"...It must be because she's a girl."

"It's not because she's a girl," a female staff member loudly scolded him.

"Ooh.."

 

**********

 

The boys entered the classroom cautiously, unsure what to expect. "Is this really ok for us to be here?" Hoya asked.

"Ne! It's fine!" Junghwa assured them, "We just need to sign in and meet with Miss Jaekyung!"

"Junghwa, there you are!" Miss Jaekyung overheard her name, "I'm so glad to see you, It's been so long," The girls hugged.

"I guess they know each other.." Myungsoo speculated.

Junghwa laughed, "Unnie and I go way back. I often come here to help out, as well."

"Oooh," the boys nodded.

"And, who is this? Is this little Infi?" Jaekyung spotted Infi in Jong's arms, "Hi~ how are you? Are you excited?"

Infi squirmed, and Jong took that as a positive sign, "I think she likes you."

"No, she's uncomfortable," Woohyun chided him, "Look, you're still holding her wrong. I showed you how earlier, but you're still doing it wrong."

"Ah, I am?" Jong complained.

"Yes, you are," Dongwoo replied, after taking another look.

"Here, I'll help you," Jaekyung offered, "Like this," she adjusted Jong's arms to properly hold Infi.

"Ah, I see now, but I can hold her better the other way. This way, she's too heavy. My arms hurt."

"Then don't carry her!" Myungsoo scolded him.

 

**********

 

After meeting Miss Jaekyung the boys spent the next few minutes getting to know the other families who were attending the class.

"Hyung, look at all the babies!" Woohyun giggled, "They're all so cute!" and squeed with joy.

"Whoah, look at how cute and jiggly this guy is," Dongwoo squatted down next to a chubby and very happy little guy, "Omo, arent you too precious?" He played with the stranger's baby.

"Ya! Ask permission before you do that!" Gyu tried to pull Dongwoo away and bowed to the infant's mother. Who, promptly said that it was alright and to let them be.

Gyu sighed, "Is it really? My friend here is a little...nuts." Alas, Gyu's attention was swiftly stolen away by Yeol squealing about some other infant's tiny shoes.

"They're so tiny! I'm going to eat your feet!"

"Do not eat other peoples' babies!" Gyu ran over and smacked Yeol's hand away from the little girl.

Yeol frowned, "I wasn't actually going to eat her. I know that she's not really food."

"Do. Not. Put. Strangers'. Babies. In your mouth!" Gyu stomped his foot down. He knew this would be exhausting, and he was right. They hadn't even officially started class, and he wanted to cry. "Why do I have to tell you this!?"

 

**********

 

"Everyone, welcome to class! It's great seeing you all again!" Jaekyung initiated the start of class with a greeting. "Now I thought that since we have new classmates today, we'd go over some basic procedures," she suggested. "How about we take out our baby simulators and refresh our memory on how to take baby's temperature, check-ups, and proper CPR?"

"Sounds great!" Jong shouted.

"Omo, I love your enthusiasm. Why don't you be my helper today?" Jaekyung offered - remembering in from earlier.

"Oh, Me!? I'd love too!" Sungjong jumped up and ran to the front.

"Great! Now introduce yourself, and who you came with for the rest of the class, honey."

"Yes, ma'am! My name's Lee Sungjong and I'm here with my daughter, Infi, and her mommy, Junghwa," he smiled, "Oh, and my annoying hyungs: Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, Yeol, and L - who love invading every aspect of my life!" 

Jaekyung cheered, "Oh wow, Little Infi sure has a lot of people who love her," she laughed off that last bit by spinning it in a positive direction.

"She sure does!" Woohyun hollered, followed by Yeol, Myungsoo, and Dongwoo's own playful shouts, "Woohoo!" 

"Wooo~" Hoya also added, "Jongie's gonna get it when we get home~!" It sounded so jolly it almost didn't sound like a threat.

"Haha ok settle down now, ok?" Jaekyung chuckled, "Now, let's start off by placing our precious little ones in the playpen before we practice, ok?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Jong saluted her and joined Junghwa, as she placed Infi inside with the other nine babies, "bye bye baby~."

"Mommy and daddy will be back later," Junghwa promised with a goodbye kiss. 

"Wait, what the!?" they turned around when they heard Myungsoo shouting. He'd caught sight of Yeol suddenly lifting Dongwoo up into the air.

"What are you all looking at?" Yeol defended himself, "I'm doing exactly what Miss Jaekyung told us to. I'm putting Our Precious Little one in the playpen!"

"Oh God," Gyu face-palmed. 

"What? I thought I was our precious little one!" Woohyun pretended to be offended.

"You're too dirty!" Jong insulted him.

And, "Whoops," Yeol accidentally dropped his hysterical hyung onto the floor.

"Oww hahahah."

Hoya had to help him back up, "Are you ok, hyung?"

 

**********

 

At first, Infi looked as if she'd break out into tears, but she barely managed a few sniffles before the baby next to her lightly pat her cheek. As if to say, "don't cry, friend."

Infi stopped and returned the gesture. "Whoah, you're so soft," she rubbed the other baby's cheek and scooted closer so that she could squish his face with both hands. Like this, these two inspected each other for a while. "I've never met something like you before. I like you," she confessed. This was her first time meeting another baby so up close.

"Really?"

"Really!" Infi giggled as she stretched and squished his face.

"Are you a boy or girl?" he asked.

"A what or what?"

"A girl?"

"I don't understand," Infi changed the subject, "And, you're all this squishy?" 

"Yes, especially Dongjun!" he pointed at the chubbiest of all the infants, "He's super squishy.".

"I want," she swiftly abandoned her new friend and crawled over to grab a handful of Dongjun's arm fat, "Whoah, I love it!" She traded his arm for fist-full of belly fat.

Dongjun stared at her like she was crazy, "Is my tummy a drum?" but he didn't swat her away or cry. 

"I think it is!" smack-smack.

"Is it?" Dongjun didn't know either. 

Behind them, her new friend whimpered, "But, I thought you liked me? How could you cheat on me this early on?"

"Huh?" Infi turned around, "Did you say something?"

"Me? Oh no, I didn't say anything," he sniffled before crawling away, "I'll never love again... No, I won't cry. Mommy says boys don't cry."

 

**********

 

Meanwhile, Infinite learned the proper procedure for infant CPR and other important hands-on baby safety tips.

"Oh, this is really important," Gyu learned things he hadn't in their earlier seminar with Miss Jihyul. 

"Ne, Junghwa, thanks for suggesting this," Hoya added, "I didn't know this before, and having a practice dummy is nice too."

"You're welcome~" she beamed.

Moving on, "Ok, now that we've mastered these basic techniques let's go retrieve our little ones for Music Time~!" Jaekyung announced.n

"Music Time! My favorite! Woohoo!" Gyu shouted trying to sound as enthusiastic as the others...to shed his obvious grandpa-ness.

Junghwa ran up to the pen to retrieve Infi first, "Infi, Mommy's here," only to witness her curled up against Dongjun, "Oh? Did you make a friend?" she giggled.

"Ah, No way!" Dongwoo rushed over and looked down in shock, "Infi, you're not old enough to have a boyfriend! I object to this relationship!"

"What, a boyfriend!?" Woohyun panicked, "Ya! I also reject this! No way! Nu-uh! I need to know his intentions first!"

"Oh, would you two shut up? They're just babies!" Gyu knocked the two of them back to their senses, "She probably just likes how squishy his stomach is! You know how Infi loves soft toys!" 

"Oh, right..?" Woohyun chuckled, "Hyung's probably right." He grabbed her up and pulled her to his chest, "Ahhh but, why'd you have to scare daddy like that? If you want squishy, you can have daddy's cheeks anytime~."

"She can have your whole , too, for all I care," Gyu scoffed under his breath, only to hear Hoya snicker behind him.

"His whole squishy huh? You must know a whole lot about Woohyun's , hyung."

"Shut up!"

A few steps away, Myungsoo was admiring the other babies as their moms retrieved them when he overheard one of them ask, "Ooh oo, were you crying?" and looked over to see Infi's former friend's tear-stained eyes.

"Omo, poor little guy. Did something happen?" he asked her.

"I don't know, but he's usually such a good boy," his mother replied.

"Ne, I know what'll cheer him up!" he made a funny face for him, and oo giggled, "Waa~ haha see you're already feeling better."

 

Music Time: 

 

Jong placed a toy piano in front of Infi and waited for her to play with it

"Ah, nonono," Junghwa wagged her finger, "Like this." Instead, she picked up two blocks and struck them together a couple times before giving them to her.

*clink clink* Infi knocked them together happily, "bang bang bang!"

"Waa~ I love it! Infi, you keep hitting them together and Mommy will dance for you!" Junghwa jumped up started this bizarre popping dance. Next thing anyone knew, Dongwoo pulled out his pachikas (God know he's always hiding them somewhere) and danced alongside her. Soon, Hoya joined in.

"Waa~ Infi's created her very own song!" Yeol applauded her steady beat.

The other families thought it was hilarious. Gyu thought it was mortifying.

 

 

Understanding My Body:

 

Infi sat in Jong's lap as everyone else crowded around them. Both Woohyun and Myungsoo were laying down to get a closer view (using Hoya and Yeol's, respective, thighs as pillows).

"Here's your next task. Can you touch your nose?" Jaekyung asked.

"Can she?" Yeol watched in wonder.

"Of course she can," Myungsoo chided him, "She can reach her nose. She just needs some help."

Jong agreed as he held Infi's hand and folded her fingers in so that only her index finger was out. "Watch this Infi," he told her as he placed it parallel to her eyes and moved it back and forth, causing Infi to go cross-eyed. 

"What the.." Infi babbled, voluntarily continuing the action after Jong let go, "Oh ! Where'd my hand go!? Daddy where's my hand!?" She suddenly cried out in horror after she touched her nose and didn't pull her hand away again. 

"Wahaha!" They all laughed at her, "Aww you're ok, Infi. It's just your nose," Gyu chuckled as he pulled her hand back into her line of sight.

"Oh, there it is," Infi whimpered, "I'm frustrated now."

Heheheh

She crawled out of Jong's lap and into Gyu's, "Nobody talk to me!"

"Bwahahaha, Jongie got dumped!" Woohyun .

"Ya, so did you!" Jong shot back at him.

"Ok," Jaekyung continued the lesson, "Let's move on to walking and jumping. Now, remember it's not about winning. It's about making progress and having fun!" She smiled as she led the class into a new room. One with built-in obstacle courses for children. "We'll play over on this end of the room today, but when our little ones are a bit older they can play in the bigger gym on the other side."

"Yes! Infi's really good at this!" Hoya turned into her own personal hype man, "Infi, hwaiting! Woooo!" upon seeing the softly padded jungle gym and race track - complete with ball pit. 

"I want to jump in that," Myungsoo's eyes grew round with want at the pool of balls.

"You can't," Gyu held him back with the hand that wasn't securely holding Infi against his chest.

"Waa~! Infi, are you ready?" Junghwa tickled Infi to loosen her grip on Gyu so that she could pry her away. "Up we go~. Let's race the other babies!" she suggested, carrying her to the starting line.

"Oh! Where's oo?" Myungsoo suddenly remembered, "oo omma, Does oo want to play with Infi?" 

"Sure," she called back and placed him next to her, "Ne, oo do you wanna race your little friend?"

oo pouted, "So we meet again?"

"Hi, oo!" Infi greeted him by squishing his face again.

Junghwa tickled the two of them, "Aigoo so cute. Yes, shall we race then?" she grabbed Infi's hand and gently pulled her forward to try and get her to stand up and follow her.

oo's mom did the same, "Come on oo, you're such a great walker. Let's show Infi how good you are."

"I think they want us to walk," Infi told him.

"I think so too," oo replied.

"I'll walk up until that thingy up there."

"I can go further than that!" oo bragged, "I can walk all the way over to that thingy, past the first thingy!"'

"No, you can't!" Infi scoffed, as she simultaneously watched Hoya trip and fall over said thingy, "My daddy can't even walk past that thingy!"

Nonetheless, the two raced towards the end and climbed up and over the soft bumps - eventually without their mommies' help. 

"Haha, I'm ahead of you!" Infi bragged as she came upon the ball pit, "But how do I crawl on these?" she squatted down and picked one up. "Do I put it in my mouth?"

"Jump in, baby! Hwaiting!" Hoya encouraged her.

"Yeah, you can swim across!" Dongwoo demonstrated the arm movements.

But Infi only gave them her cute and confused facial expression, "It doesn't fit in my mouth."

"Ah ha! I caught you!" oo squealed as he waddled up from behind her, and dived right into the pit.

"Oooh.." Infi watched him struggle to crawl across the obstacle. "No, I don't like it," she started to cry.

"Oh, nononono! Don't cry, Infi," Jong ran over to soothe her. "Don't cry. They're just balls, see!" he tossed one against his head, "See it doesn't hurt!"

Infi burst out into a full-on fit.

"Ya! You're supposed to calm her down, not make it worse!" Woohyun reacted quickly by picking her up and initiating Dr. Hamilton's soothing technique, "Woowoowoo everything looks so funny from this angle~. Ahaha! See, it's alright baby. Everything's ok," he said as he succeeded and all that was left were a few last sniffles.  

"Omo, I guess she really doesn't like it..." Myungsoo pouted.

"But, all kids love ball pits," Yeol whined.

"I know, but it's because she's never seen one before. She doesn't know what to think of it, so it's scary," as usual Dongwoo understood her best.

Gyu nodded, "Yeah that makes sense. Maybe one of us shou--."

Myungsoo volunteered by jumping in before Gyu even got the chance to finish that sentence, "Hand her over to me!"

Woohyun snickered as Gyu glared at the eager little kid - holding his hands out for Infi. "Here you go, Myungie," he attempted to pass Infi over, but she clutched onto him for dear life.

"Ya~ Infi, don't you trust me?" Myungsoo whined when he couldn't take her, "Hyung, remove your shirt." Ok, not the best idea to come out of Myungsoo's mouth today, but Infi really had a death grip on it.

"I am not taking my shirt off!" Woohyun objected.

"No, absolutely not!" Gyu was about to lose his cool with them.

"Fine! Then get in here with me!"

"Oh right, that's a good idea, too!" Woohyun stepped into the pit.

"You're in, Infi," Myungsoo announced as he poked her cheek, "Open your eyes. See, it's ok. Don't you want to try it?"  

"I don't think she does..." Hoya frowned, "Maybe we should try another day. She's too uncomfortable."

"Hmm yeah..." the others looked on in worry.

"Oh my," oo's mom brought him back over, "Is she ok? Here, I'll put oo back in. She can watch him and maybe she'll gain some more confidence."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Jong agreed.

"And oo, you apologize," his mom scolded him, "You're supposed to help girls, not make them cry."

oo crawled up to Woohyun once inside and tugged on Infi's leg, "Infi, look at me."

"No, no!" she shook her head, "I want out!" and started crying again.

"Aigoo," Woohyun bounced her a few times, "I don't think it's working."

"Ah, I know!" Dongwoo grabbed Yeol and ran to the other side of the pit, "Infi! Infi, watch daddy!" he called out and started beatboxing. 

"Ah, I see!" Yeol caught on, "Infi, look over here!" shouting and dancing wildly to draw her attention elsewhere.

"What the?" Myungsoo asked in confusion, but immediately noticed it's effectiveness, "Guys, she finally opened her eyes!" 

"What!?" Woohyun checked and sure enough, Infi was giggling at the boys' distraction method.

"Keep doing it!" Hoya encouraged them.

"Woohoo!" Gyu joined them, "Woohyun set her down."

"Right," Woohyun gently put her down without her noticing much, and slowly backed away.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, was more reluctant to leave her side and instead chose to duck down. 

"No, Infi! Look at me!" oo began squealing impatiently, "Look at me! Not them!" He slapped his hands down several times - hitting the balls.

"What?" she looked over, "oo?"

"Watch me, I'll show you! You just push the balls out of your way and move forward," he demonstrated the action.

"No, I won't," she shook her head, too terrified to move.

"But, it's easy," oo insisted and continued moving about, "See, I can do this easily. I'm cool, right? Don't you think I'm cool?"

"Yes, you're cool," she sniffled, "but I'm too scared."

"That's ok. I'll protect you because I'm way cooler and braver than Dongjun!" 

"Can I squish you again?" 

"Umm, ok. Sure," he swam towards her, "but only if you'll be my girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend?" she asked.

"Mm, my girlfriend."

"Ok," Infi grabbed his cheeks and mashed them together.

"Aww~ she likes him," Junghwa cooed.

"No, stop that! It looks like they might kiss! Separate them!" Dongwoo and Woohyun got all riled up again, "Ya! Ya! What did I say about dating!?"

"I--I, ya! You're--you're supposed to help--help her play in the ball pit not hit on her!" Gyu stuttered. 

Somehow they all subconsciously knew what Infi and oo were talking about, but were helpless to do anything about it. 

"Oh chill out!" Junghwa had to shout so that they'd leave the two lovebirds alone, "He's her first love. I won't allow you to taint it!"

"What do you mean her first love?" Gyu snapped, "She won't even remember him a month from now!"

"Stop stop!" Junghwa dramatically demanded, "A girl's first love is very important! She will never forget it!!" and glared at him.

"Yes, mama," Hoya answered for him, dragging a distraught Gyu away from her and whispered in his ear, "Chill, we'll just never come back, and she'll never see him again."

Gyu nodded, "Right."

"Oww!" Infi abruptly let out a pained squeak - sending everyone into a frenzy.

"Baby, what happened!?" Dongwoo nearly jumped into the ball pit, himself.

"oo hit her!" Myungsoo recalled as he pulled her into a hug, "He got all excited and started jumping around, and accidentally kicked balls at hers."

"How could you?" Infi cried, "You hit me, you dumb !"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" oo panicked and frantically tried to pet her face. 

"What? oo!" his mom pulled him out of the pit, "Bad boy! You hurt her. You made her cry again."

"I'm sorry!" he began throwing his own fit.

Meanwhile, Gyu chuckled, "Ha, so it seems her first love wasn't to be."

On cue, Junghwa sent death vibes his way, "How dare you make fun of our poor Infi's pain."

He shuddered.

Alas, the class came to an end around noon and they all went home.

 

**********

 

"Hyung, I think Infi has a ball trauma," Jong wondered out-loud later that night.

Hoya was wondering that too, "Yeah, I mean, she went out of her way to crawl around her favorite blue ball just now."

"Yeah, I saw that too!" Myungsoo shouted, "I saw it too! She's avoiding it!"

"So..." Yeol cocked his eyebrow, just now entering the room, "she's a lesbian now?"

Gyu gave him the most incredulous look, "That--that is not where I saw this going."

"It's not? She got hit in the face with balls, and now she's--" Yeol ranted.

"NO!!" He instantly got attacked simultaneously by the other members throwing things at him - pillows, shoes, Infi's toys.

"What the , Yeol!?" Hoya cursed at him.

"Dammit, you ert!" Myungsoo added.

"Oh, come on guys, I was just trying to lighten the mood!" Yeol pleaded as he got pummeled.

"Get out! Get out!" 

"I'm going!" Yeol covered his head, "Wait, Ya Kim Myungsoo! You're supposed to support me!"

"I'm not...! Dammit. I promised.." Myungsoo groaned and unenthusiastically defended him, "He was only kidding guys. You know, he doesn't do tact very well, and hides his feeling with inappropriate jokes sometimes..."

Yeol smiled widely, "Why, thank you, Sweetie~."

 

 

++++++++++

 

LOL, Little oo is a baby Woohyun! Maybe Woollim should look into this? *cough cough* No, I'm just kidding! lol

Oh God, i've unintentionally started an infant romance. *headdesk* They're intelligent kids too! 0.o

And, uh oh! Infi can't even speak yet, and she's already cursing. Blame Hoya.