Shopping! INFI-CEPTION

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

Day 4 of Woogyu's daddy challenge.

 

"Nom--nom nom," Woohyun fed Infi a spoonful of banana flavored oatmeal as she squealed in delight.

"Are you sure it's ok to feed her oatmeal?" Gyu eyed Woohyun from the other side of the kitchen table.

"It's fine, it's still mushy. Besides," Woohyun continued, "the handbook that Ms. Kang gave us says that we're supposed to slowly introduce her to hard foods now."

"If only she could keep it in ..."

 

*****

 

Now Commence Mission Card: SHOP!

Sunggyu drove overly cautious towards the supermarket, "Have you gotten use to cars yet?" He peered back at an oddly quiet Infi. Spit bubbles. That was Infi's choice reply. She was enthralled with them today. 

"Ugh," Closing in on an intersection Gyu carefully stopped his car and quickly unbuckled his seatbelt to reach back and wipe Infi's mouth with a tissue, "Don't drool in my car." He pulled a pacifier out of her diaper bag and *pop* plugged with it. Before returning to his seat, stopping briefly to adjust the camera on the side window to check his reflection.  

Twenty minutes later, nearing their destination, Gyu carefully searched the parking lot for a spot close to the main doors before pulling in, "Ok you, you better be in a good mood today." Only now Infi was sound asleep. 

"Perfect," Gyu whispered wistfully hoping she'd sleep the entire time. Sadly, all it took was the sound of the car door opening to stir her awake. "Dammit.."

Infi yawned, emitting a cute squeaky noise. *Fluushuushuushuushuu* ENTER: INFI-CEPTION~ (translations of Infi's noises and thoughts)

"Where are we?" Infi thought, "Oh, i'm going too?" she wondered as Gyu removed her from her car seat and threw her diaper bag over his other shoulder.

"Aish, why didn't they let me bring your stroller. You're heavy," he complained to her.

"I'm not heavy, you're light!" Infi scowled.

"Aish, we should really weigh you. You're like a large sack of potatoes," Gyu struggled to push the car door closed.

"No wait, don't forget Hammy. Don't forget Hammy!" Infi desperately wiggled for her favorite stuffed animal - still inside the car.

"Hey! What? What?" Gyu barely wrestled her back from attempting to jump out of his arms, yet she screamed and continued flinging her arms around.

"Give me Hammy!!"

"We haven't even made it inside the market yet.." Gyu whined, and set her diaper bag down before bouncing her up and down a bit, "Come on, come on. Be a good girl for daddy," he begged.

"I want my Hammy!" she cried.

"Ah! Hammy?" Gyu suddenly realized that he hadn't seen the toy in awhile, "Did I remember him? Yes, I have Hammy somewhere," he frantically searched her diaper bag before realizing that Hammy was in the back seat, "Ah ha! Do you want Hammy?"

Infi viciously snatched the stuffed animal out of his hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Wow, you're moody today..." 

"Of course i'm moody! My daddies left me alone with you!"

"You're glaring at me. You're cursing at me aren't you?" Gyu glared back at her.

 

 

*****

 

Inside the market Gyu safely strapped Infi into the front of the cart and tossed her diaper bag below, "Ok.." He took a deep breath, "Now all I have to do is survive."

"Wooow~ Is this the zoo that Daddy Yeol told me about? There are so many people, and colorful boxes and shapes!" Infi twisted her body around to eye the market.

"Apples, bananas, carrots, cereals, eggs, peppers, fruit juice, paper towels, batteries, insect repellant.." Gyu mumbled some of the grocery items on his list. A list comprised of Woollim PD, essentially, asking all of his staffed working moms to write down their typical "House-mom" essentials.

 "Yes, $250 will definitely cover all of this," Gyu smiled to himself, unaware of the fact that staff had intentionally slipped him a few extra dollars in case of an emergency -  e.g: an Infi please stop screaming food/toy. 

"But, what's a diaper genie?" Gyu scrunched his nose at the one item he wasn't sure about, "I'll go ask." Commence "Auntie.. Auntie.. Auntie." (You know, what he did on Showtime. lol)

Meanwhile, Infi enjoyed the ride, eyeing all the new shapes and pictures in each new aisle, and basking in all of the aunties' affections towards her. 

"Yes, she's mine~. Mommy's at home resting," Gyu playfully told each one of them. She 'technically' was his, but he didn't have the patience to explain everything to every single middle-aged woman he encountered that day. So, he told them what they'd expect to hear and made up a fictitious 'mommy.' But it was still true, kinda of. 'Mommy' (Woohyun) was, in fact, sleeping at home. 

"Wow, she's so well behaved," one of the women commented.

"She is, I was expecting her to be much worse," Gyu exclaimed.

"Aww, I bet she's so happy to be out of the house and surrounded by everything new and colorful." She continued, "Just look at how her little eyes are bouncing all around. She loves it here." 

"Oh?" Gyu hadn't even realized until them, "Ah now I get it. You're only this good today because you like this place.."

"What?" Infi stared back at him, irritated that he was looking at her like that. "Nnnpphh" she huffed. 

"What? Are you upset now?" Gyu was taken aback.

"Haha," the lady laughed, "Whoopsie, looks like she didn't like that. Here, i'll help. Can I give her a candy?" 

"Ah? Sure, I think she's old enough. She's six months. Can six-month-olds have candy?"

"Sure they can," she bemused, "Here, she can gum on this chocolate. It'll melt in , so you don't need to worry about her choking on it."

Infi eyed the brown square in awe, "What is this? Is it food?" and let the strange woman put it inside , "Oh my, what is this, indeed?" She gummed on the melting glob of sugar, "I'm in love with this.." Her eyes screamed, and for once Gyu understood her. 

"Whoah, she really likes it!" 

"See, now she's happy again," the lady smiled, "Oh, uh oh! My husband's here. I gotta go. Nice meeting you two," she waved goodbye.

"Waa~ so babies already like chocolate this early?"

"I love it! Give me more!" Infi squealed.

"Oh..I don't have any.." Gyu replied after seeing her outstretched arms.

Infi waited and waited, eventually giving up when Gyu looked back at his shopping list. "That's ok...i'll forgive you," still oddly in a good mood that day.

Gyu subtly peeked back at her, deciding whether to add chocolate to his list. "I'm sure a little bag won't get us in trouble. If not, the others will steal it all." He added it.

Minutes later they found themselves in the cereal aisle, "It just says cereal.." He looked all the way down the aisle at over 40 different types and brands, "Ugh, I'll choose something healthy....No, sugary. Cereal can at least taste good." Searching intently, Gyu unknowingly drifted away from the cart, and Infi.

Not that Infi cared that she was now alone in Wonderland, "Ohh, I want that one with the bear on it!" She spotted a colorful children's cereal and wiggled her way out of her seatbelt to lean her body weight onto the sidebar and reach for it.

"Almost.. almost there," she stretched with all her might and smacked the box, accidentally sending it and all it's neighboring boxes tumbling down. 

"Infi!?" Gyu jumped out of his daze at the abrupt sound and ran back towards his cart, instantly noticing Infi beginning to slip further forward.

"Waaaa! Oh no! Daddy! Daddy!!" she panicked.

"Oopsie daisy~" a pair of arms caught her just in time, but it wasn't Gyu's voice.

"Kya! That was scary!" Infi shrieked.

"Omo~" Infi heard the man's voice again. He asked, "Did daddy leave you all alone? You almost had an accident," then gently rocked her back and forth to soothe her.

"Infi!" Gyu earnestly took her out of the man's arms, "What happened!? I wasn't even gone one minute!"

"She tried to pick out her own cereal," the man chuckled, "But it's ok, she only made a little mess, thankfully."

"Ah!" Gyu looked at all the boxes, "Infi? How?" He held her tightly, and meekly whispered, "Daddy's sorry, I got distracted... Oh, right! Thank you so much!" he bowed profusely to the man.

The man smiled and leaned against Gyu's cart, "No problem. What her name? How old is she?"

"Her name? Infi... 6 months," Gyu answered awkwardly.

"How cute, and unique. I'm Kang Joon. You?"

"..Gyu.." Gyu studied the man's body language. Is he hitting on me? When I obviously have a baby? He temporarily forgot that this was a fake scenario.

"Nice to me you, Gyu," Kang Joon looked down, "Oh, I guess I should help you pick this mess up," He grabbed a box and started replacing them.

"Ah, No! Infi made this mess. I'll clean it up." Gyu argued.

"Are you sure? It's no problem."

"No, I'll do it. It's really my fault after all..."

"How about this? I'll hold your little cutie-pie for you, then?" Kang Joon offered.

"Yeah..that's ok.." He handed Infi to him, "It'll only be a minute... Careful, she likes to squirm." With that Gyu turned away from him, bent over and grabbed a couple boxes.

"Ohh, you are too cute.." Gyu heard the man say, suspiciously wondering who that was directed towards.

His intuition was spot on, as Kang Joon only momentarily played with Infi before shifting his attention back to Gyu. And, Infi's gut told her the same, though she didn't quite understand yet. She closely examined the man's face, and the direction of his eyes, "...Why are you looking at my daddy's ?"

"Ye, all good," Gyu finished, "Thanks. I'll keep a better eye on her from now on," Gyu scratched the back of his head trying to find a polite way to get the guy to leave. "Actually, we should get on our way. Mommy's waiting for us." He casually stressed.

"Oh," Kang Joon shifted his weight onto his opposite leg, "I see... That's ok." He held Infi up in the air, "Waa~ then I guess i'll have to see you two cuties around some other time." He winked at Gyu.

Infi squirmed in his grasp a bit, "I don't like you. Why are you playing like this? Like how Daddy Hyunnie plays with Daddy Gyu? You're not Daddy Hyunnie.."

Meanwhile, Gyu's eyes shot open. Oh, you were hitting on me! 

*bluugh* Infi spontaneously projectile vomited all over the man, followed by her hysterical giggling, "Good thing Daddy fed me oatmeal this morning~!"

*blink blink cough* Gyu held his hand over his mouth to keep suppress his urge to laugh, "Umm..Or not," he snickered, "I don't think she likes you." 

...

Later, after helping Kang Joon towards the restroom Gyu fell over in laughter, "Oh God, I hope the cameramen got that!" He tickled Infi's head, "You knew just what daddy was thinking~." 

Infi giggled, but felt uneasy, "..I wanna go home now..."

 

 

***** 

 

 

Once Gyu regained his senses he resumed shopping, "Ok..we have cereal. Now we need bread." He pushed his cart towards Infinite's favorite brand and tossed four loaves inside - mentally noting how they could make plenty of healthy snacks with them. A reminder of "Please Take Care of My Refridgerator." 

"Uuhhnn nuh mm hunnhn nah," Infi was growing tired of this shopping trip and started fussing and screaming, "Yiiiiiii!!!"

"Why, why? You were doing so good?" Gyu rubbed her back, "Is it because of that creepy man? Did he ruin your good day?" he chuckled, "Tha's ok, Infi. You ruined his day too." 

But Infi didn't stop, " I want to go home!" she wailed and thrashed, throwing the bread and anything else that she could grab out of the cart.

"Hey! Hey! That's not nice!" Gyu ran tp pick everything off of the floor, "Stop that!"

"Waaaahh!!" Infi screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Good God, be quiet!" Gyu plugged his ears and noticed everyone's dissatisfied facial expressions directed at him. , everyone could hear this banshee clear across the supermarket.

"Please, Infi. Shhh!" Gyu begged to no avail.

", , ," Gyu panicked before picking Infi up and attempting the calming baby trick. Which, worked momentarily, but wasn't an allkill. 

"Please, Infi!" Gyu was on the verge of crying, himself. "Do you want chocolate? Daddy will buy you chocolate! A toy?"

Nope, "I WANT DADDY HYUNNIE!! NOW!!"

... 

Gyu sighed, "I can't wait until you learn to talk..."

"I'll settle for Daddy Woo or Daddy Yeol..."

T.T  T.T 

Ten minutes into the tantrum Gyu sat down and held his face in his hands, "Someone help me... Where is the camera crew?" Sitting back, waiting to see if any customers try to help and/or recognize him. Occasionally, other customers did cautiously walk by, but no one offered to help - until an elderly couple arrived. "Oh goodness, aren't you a little hell raiser?" The wife knelt down and sat next to Gyu, "Sometimes you just gotta let them tire themselves out."

"Maybe she herself?" Her husband asked.

Gyu looked up with tear-stained eyes, "I tried everything..."

"You're ok," the lady pet his back, "Children are fickle creatures. They love you one minute then call you a heartless bastard the next for not allowing them to electrocute themselves with a fork." She consoled him, "You'll get better at this as time goes by." With that, they simply sat with him until Infi passed out. 

"..I can never shop here again..."

"Oh, yes you can. Just wait a few months and everyone will forget that this ever happened," the old man assured him.

Shortly after that, a young market worker tiptoed over to the three, "Is there anything I can help you with?" she smiled sheepishly - sorry that she hadn't worked up the courage to come earlier. (Psst she's an Inspirit.) 

Noticing her uniform, Gyu instantly leaned over in order to bow politely, "I'm so sorry for this." 

"No no, it's ok," she frantically waved her arms, before catching sight of Gyu's unfinished shopping list, "Yes! I'll finish your shopping for you!" She quickly grabbed it before he could protest. "I'll go get a second cart, and be back here when i'm done, ok!" she scurried off. 

Gyu watched her run off, in shock.

"What a lovely young lady," the wife smiled. 

 

 

*****

 

After Gyu's little helper finished shopping she excitedly showed him everything that she'd picked, "Is this the correct brand? It's the most popular, so I thought you'd like it. I also got a couple things that aren't on the list. Is that ok? And, I added a small sample of a new brand of diapers. It's supposed to be more absorbent, and flexible so that your baby can crawl around easier," She eagerly explained. 

"Thank you," Gyu was still taken aback by the girl's eagerness to help, "Yeah, that's fine."

"Great! Is there anything else you need?"

"No, I think that's all of it."

"Great! Follow me, I'll take you to my checkout lane." 

"Ne, ne, please do," Gyu nodded. This way Gyu finished their trip somewhat comfortably because he didn't need to shamefully pick an unsuspecting cashier.

"Again, thank you so much," Gyu smiled as she helped him to his car. Infi finally fast asleep in the front of his cart. 

"No, thank you, Sunggyu oppa-- Oops!" she slammed back shut.

"Ah! haha So you did recognize me!?" He pointed at her and laughed, "I knew it, You were too nice!"

"Ah, No! I'm so sorry Oppa," she apologized profusely, "I didn't want you to think that I was annoying you. I just wanted to help. It's ok if you're mad at me now," and bowed her head - making Gyu laugh even more.

"Wa~ I knew it, Inspirit are the sweetest!" 

She blushed, "Thank you Oppa..."

"Ne, what can I do for you in return?" Gyu earnestly asked.

"No, I couldn't!" Shocked, she quickly rejected Gyu's offer.

"Really, I want to repay you!"

"No, that's ok..." 

"I mean it though."

"In that case..just an autograph will do.." she politely suggested.

"Just an autograph? I can give you something better," Gyu pouted. Hell, he was ready to give her backstage passes. Maybe even Dongwoo's annoyingly flashy new shoes. 

"But, I can't.." she nervously shook her head," Really!"

"Hmm," he wasn't taking a no.

"...Surprise me..?" finally giving in, but not wanting to ask for too much. 

"Ok, i'll surprise you!" He held his hand out, "Gimme your phone number."

"What!?" 

He'd remember to call her when he thought of just the right present.

*Awhile later*

"Alright, thanks again," Gyu smiled before driving away.

"Good luck, raising Infi! I'm cheering for you!" She shouted after him. 

 

 

*****

 

 

"Kids, we're back!"

"Gyu's back!" "Gyu's back!" He heard the others shout.

"My Infi baby, give me my Infi!" Dongwoo snatched her up and spun around, "Did you enjoy your first trip to the supermarket? Was Daddy GooGoo nice to you? Did he say mean things?" She giggled hearing the onslaught of questions.

Ignoring that, Gyu walked off, "I'm going to relax. The rest of you bring the groceries up!" Gyu tossed his car keys to Hoya.

"..."

About thirty minutes later. Outside his room, he heard Yeol squeal, "Oooh chocolate!"  

"Oh right, Infi loves chocolate now!" He yelled back.

"What!?" Dongwoo freaked out, "Don't give Infi chocolate! She'll get hyper!" he scolded.

"Gah, Gyu, she'll get a taste for it, and her taste buds will get all messed up!" Myungsoo screeched, as well.

"..." Gyu thought to himself for a moment, "But she looked so happy eating it."

"You already gave it to her?"

"Not..not exactly...A nice lady gave it to her..."

"..."

"So.." Woohyun broke the silence, "Did she poop while you were out?"

"No, but she threw up on a guy."

 

****

 

Bedtime. Infi snuggled into her crib, "Today was ok, I guess. At least they didn't leave me alone with him..." she thought as she drifted off.

 

 

 

++++++++++

 

Sorry, I wasn't feeling well, but I tried to make it up to you guys by introducing "Infi-ception" earlier than I originally planned. 

Inception means - a starting point/creation, but 'ception', itself, is like "multiple layers of." So Infi-ception is adding a new layer to my Infinite Daddies story. ;P 

 

So, how was Infi's first shopping trip? What are your thoughts? Oh, and we're almost to the end of Woogyu's first shift! Shall Yadong, Myungyeol or Jong take it next?