Woohyun's Perfect Date? Part 2

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

 

"...So...?" Gyu hummed. Growing bored of small talk as they lazily meandered down the stone path - carved through the public garden. A beautiful arrangement of multi-colored flowers and enchanting trees encompassing them. Further out - their destination - a small pond with a quaint little gazebo. 

Long ago, Dongwoo and Hoya had taken off, sprinting ahead of them - like two excited lovers in a private game of tag. Gyu'd winced, he couldn't bear the sight of them anymore.

In contrast, Woohyun'd found them adorable. "Hyung, chase me too!" he'd pouted, but Gyu didn't budge. So here they were, slowly walking in silence.

"..."

"Hyung...we're awkward..." Woohyun quietly confessed after peeking over at Gyu's slightly grumpy face.

Gyu only nodded, prolonging the silence.

What could he do, Woohyun thought to himself? "Hmmm, Hyung do we really not have anything else to talk about besides work and Infi?" It bothered him that they couldn't chat endlessly like they used too. Like all those nights as trainees, staying up late - despite their busy schedules - talking about games, hobbies, their favorite artists, their dreams. When Woohyun had first fallen in love with Gyu. "Are...are we boring adults now?"

Gyu hadn't realized that Woohyun'd stopped walking a few feet back when he turned to look at him. "Ne?"

"Hyung," Woohyun asked again, "are we boring?"

"Ah?" Gyu chuckled, "Boring? Are you insane Nam Woohyun? We're Idols. There's no such thing as boring."

Woohyun pouted, Gyu hadn't understood him. "No, I mean.." He sighed, "Nevermind..."

Gyu waited for Woohyun to catch up to him before moving forward. And, he had understood him. It was just...difficult. So this time he tried a bit harder, "Woohyun, what haven't we already talked about?"

"Huh?"

"What's left?" Gyu smirked a bit, "I already know all of your likes and dislikes. Your favorite colors, songs, movies. Your entire family history. Thank you by the way. I'll never get that entire evening back," he sarcastically added. "But we've already said everything. All that's left is work and Infi. What else are we doing right now, but working and taking care of Infi?"

Woohyun quietly gasped and nodded. "I.." still pouting, "I guess I was just over-reacting then.." he apologized.

But Gyu sighed and shook his head, "No.." offering a solution. "We could talk about," looking around, "which flowers are the prettiest..?" Not that he wanted to.

"Oh!" Woohyun jumped.

"Aigoo!?" scaring Gyu.

"I know, Hyung! Let's play I Spy!"

"I--I Spy?" Gyu cringed, "Woohyun, are you five years old?"

"What, you didn't know?" Woohyun teased while framing his face like a flower.

"Ai...aish..."

"Ok, then what about this?" Woohyun changed his demeanor swiftly, "Tell me what you love about me."

Gyu stuttered. Frantically opting for Plan A instead, "I spy...something blue!"

Woohyun groaned, "..Fine. Is it the sky?"

"No."

Woohyun tried again, "Is it an Iris?"

"Ne," Gyu quickly admitted, "Your turn."

"Ok..." Woohyun looked around, "Cover your eyes. Don't follow my eyesight."

Gyu chuckled, but obeyed, "Reminds me of the time the cameraman caught you checking out a woman's in Las Vegas."

"Ya! I wasn't looking at her !"

"Yes, you were!"

"I'm gay! Why would I check out a woman's !?"

Gyu shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe you were curious."

Woohyun gritted his teeth, "I spy with my little eye~"

*Cough cough* Gyu resented that.

Woohyun laughed, "I spy~" something that Gyu would never be able to guess. "Something... Ah! Something perfect!"

"Is it you?" Gyu hadn't even removed his hands from his eyes yet.

"Ah..n..no no! No!"

"Don't lie to me Nam Woohyun. I can hear it in your voice."

"Agh..ok. Fine, It's me."

Gyu chuckled, "Ne, then it's my turn again. I spy something sharp."

"Sharp?" Woohyun questioned him, "You haven't even uncovered your eyes yet. Ah, you're hands! Your hands are sharp!?"

"Wrong, " Gyu dropped his hands and proceeded down the path. Confident that Woohyun would never get the answer correct.

"Ummm," Woohyun looked around cluelessly, "What's sharp? Ah, the blades of grass?"

"Nope."

"Is...it this?" Woohyun picked up a jagged rock.

"Still wrong."

Woohyun growled. He had to use his brain for this one. "Is it your sharp-wit?"

"I can't visibly see my wit, Woohyun."

"..."

"I'll give you a hint. It's very straight. Safe to say, it's almost a perfect right angle."

Woohyun stopped and turned around, "Did we pass it up?"

Gyu shook his head.

"No?" so Woohyun turned back around and put on his thinking cap, "It's almost a perfect right angle.." But there weren't any right-angles in sight.

Gyu waited patiently for him. Though soon enough, Woohyun was at his wit's end and up and complaining like a child again.

"I don't know it. Hyung, tell me the answer! Tell me!"

Gyu chuckled, shaking his head, "I won't do it."

"Why!? Why, Hyung!?"

"I won't do it."

But--But.." Woohyun pouted like a puppy. "Tell me~ I want to know~."

"Not happening Nam Woohyun."

"Fine! I'll figure it out on my own!" Woohyun threw a bigger temper tantrum, throwing himself on the ground. "I'll figure it out all by myself!" 

Gyu couldn't help but shake his head, this cute stubborn puppy.

After awhile Woohyun still hadn't come up with the right answer. So, Gyu proceeded to the next round, "And now I spy something soft and brown."

"Ya!" Woohyun objected, "I still haven't gotten the last one!"

"Times up. Find this one," Gyu ordered. 

"..Fine..." Woohyun fumed, "It's brown, right?" Shooting off every brown thing in sight, "The trees! That tree, that tree, that tree! Oh, the gazebo! The dirt, the squirrels! The dog we passed a few minutes ago! Your wallet!"

"Nope. All wrong," Gyu smirked. "It's soft too."

"My hair!?"

"Is it?" Gyu snickered.

"Ya, what!? Wae!? Hyung, you're not playing this game right are you!?" Woohyun accused him of cheating. "How about the dorm? Can you see our dorm from here!?"

Gyu shook his head, "No I can not, but I do see the brown thing in question right this very second."

"Poop?" Woohyun turned around to follow Gyu's line of eyesight. Maybe the dog somewhere?

"No," Gyu snickered, "Ne, you're out of tries. Next round. Now I spy--"

"Ya! This isn't fair! You have to tell me if I can't guess it!" Woohyun was getting really pissed off at this point. 

"Aniyo~" But Gyu was enjoying this thoroughly, "This time I spy something full and soft like flower petals, but in constant motion."

Woohyun huffed. "...It's not a flower?"

"No. It's just like a flower."

"Hmm. Are you sure?" Woohyun griped.

Gyu waited.

"And it's always moving?" he further speculated, "is it the wind?"

Gyu shook his head.

"The water?"

"No."

"Oh?"

Gyu nodded.

Woohyun sighed and invested himself in one last guess before storming off, "Is it...? Aish! I don't want to play anymore!"

"Ya!" Gyu feebly attempted to stop Woohyun as he ran off of him. Too busy laughing at how clueless his boyfriend was. "Ya, get back here, you idiot!"

It was futile, and Gyu's laughter pissed him off even further. "This jerk! He thinks he can play with me and get away with it!? I'll show him." Already plotting a second revenge scheme. 

Alas, Gyu caught up with him at the gazebo. Sneaking up from behind, "I spy the personification of cluelessness."

"Aish! You " Woohyun cursed at him, having been startled by the intrusion. He'd already been scribbling his plan down on his notepad.

"Give me that," Gyu stole it and giggled out how cute and childish it was. "Really, Nam Woohyun? You're going to dye all of my laundry pink?"

"No!" Woohyun lied. Well, it wasn't his best idea, at least. He had better ones...

"Aigoo.." Gyu handed it back to him and walked over to lean against the opposite side of the structure. Staring down into the lake he softly started to sing, "Neoui nun ko ip. Nal manjideon ne songil. Jageun sontopkkaji da."

Woohyun only ignored him, "Where are those two?" he couldn't find Yadong anywhere. "We were supposed to all meet up here? Maybe they left to have their picnic elsewhere?"

Gyu sighed, "Maybe."

"I wasn't talking to you."

"No, but," Gyu lifted their picnic basket, "I'm the one with the food."

"..."

"So~ " Gyu teased, "If you want to eat, tell me what I spied."

"Ya!?" Woohyun was dumbstruck, "Ya! You can't withhold food from me! I'll die!"

Gyu shrugged and went back to staring into the lake as if he didn't care at all. Softly singing the same song.

"Ya, hyung, I'm hungry!" Woohyun protested, "Why can't you just tell me!? Tell me, I don't want to die!" Over-reacting as usual.

"Aish, I've added a new one. I spy someone pathetic," Gyu retorted.

"Hyung!?"

"Every time you protest, I'll add another one."

"What!?"

Gyu smirked.

"You're evil incarnate. Hyung, you really are.." Woohyun was seconds away from stealing the basket away and running off with it. But, he knew that Gyu'd never fall for his little tricks.

"...Is it... Is one of them a fish?" noting Gyu's fascination with the lake.

Gyu shook his head and kept singing to himself.

"Is it..?" Wait, the closer Woohyun stood to Gyu, the more he recognized the song. "Eyes--?" The wheels finally began turning properly in his head, as he mentally cracked the code. "My eyes are soft and brown? Nose? My nose is sharp? Lips? ...Soft and full like flower petals?" he asked himself.

Gyu sighed, If Woohyun couldn't figure it out on his own already, he'd have to tell him.

"Hyung, I figure it out!" Woohyun cheered for himself, "Eyes, Nose Lips!" he answered correctly, "Ya, but Hyung, that's a sad song!"

"Yeah, well, I wouldn't have had to sing it if your IQ wasn't so sad!"

"Ya!" Woohyun smacked him.

"Ya? why am I getting hit? You're the idiot!" Gyu griped as he rubbed his injured forearm.

"..."

"You think my lips are as pretty as flower petals~?" Woohyun giggled after a while. His mood elevated by the compliment. "Are my eyes really that soft? My nose that perfect?"

Gyu rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"Why~?" Woohyun grinned ear to ear, "What else do you love about me?" Now realizing how Sly Gyu'd been about it all. "Tell me more. But no more riddles, my brain can't take it!"

Gyu groaned yet again, "Ya, would you cut it out! I only chose what I saw, and I saw your stupid face!"

"Aigoo, when are you going to drop this whole tsundere complex..?"

"Fine, if you want it that way," Gyu scoffed, "I spy someone whose so addicted to soccer that he kicks me in his sleep, and snores so loud that I can't get back to sleep!"

"Yeah, well, I spy someone who's a jerk!"

"Oooohh~ so we are playing this way. I spy~ someone who can't even remember his own phone number. Even if I wrote it on his forehead."

"I spy a bossy know-it-all!" Woohyun snapped back, but he felt bad. And he didn't like the way this was going, so he decided to be the bigger man, "..whose y as hell when he takes charge and bosses, other people, around."

"..." Gyu blushed.

Woohyun looked around before admitting the next one, "I spy, someone who looks very handsome today...even if he is rude."

Gyu coughed, catching the drift, "I spy someone who looks quite cute today too..." but too embarrassed to continue. He'd lost his temper again.

Woohyun smiled, "See is that so hard?" But before Gyu couldn't protest he continued, "I spy someone who - even though it's hard for him to say it out loud - is really a softy at heart, who loves Nam Woohyun."

"I spy," Gyu mumbled as he reached into their picnic basket to set everything up. Or rather, hide his face, "Someone who I like to piss off because his angry face is so cute.."

"What?" Woohyun leaned closer because he couldn't hear Gyu loud enough.

"Someone who I sometimes like to make angry for fun.."

"Oooh," Woohyun nodded, "I see now, you enjoy it." Sardonically agreeing, "I enjoy it too." Not really.

"I'm sorry," Gyu finally confessed, "You're just too cute somedays.."

"Ne, I am too cute. My existence is cute!" Woohyun clarified, "but you really test my nerves sometimes. I don't know if I can take it much longer."

Gyu scratched the back of his head, "Could you take it if you knew it was out of love?" This fluffiness was about to kill him, but he had to survive.

"..Hmm," Woohyun pouted, "Maybe. But try not to do it so hard." 

"Ne.." Gyu awkwardly coughed, "I'll try," while pulling out their kimchi and opening the other containers of food.

"Say you love me."

That came out of nowhere. "What!?" Gyu choked. 

"Say you love me," Woohyun repeated.

"I--I--I" Gyu stuttered, "Woohyun?"

"Do it," Woohyun leaned over - right in Gyu's face, "I'll go first. Repeat after me. Kim Sunggyu, I love you," while staring directly into his eyes. "I love your laugh, your smile, your angelic voice, your strong eyes, beautiful nose, sharp chin. Your humor, your--" Woohyun gulped," shoulders, thighs, hands, long long fingers. The way they move when you put your earpiece in and wrap around your microphone. Your soaking wet body after dance practices. The way you put your foot down and lead everyone. Your hard work and determination..." he could go on and on. 

Gyu's face turned red. It wasn't often that Woohyun's face was this close to his. "I--I..." He stuttered as his brain malfunctioned from the proximity and the words that spilled out of his lover's mouth. "My fingers--? My thighs?" Wait, a second? Why was Woohyun admiring his thighs? He had to find a way out. Either make Woohyun back up or blow a gasket and spew out a string of incoherent nonsense. 

Gyu gulped. Seconds later he realized what he'd done. But it was too late...as he realized that his imagination had been right this whole time. Woohyun's lips did feel like rose petals, as he softly kissed him back. 

Woohyun still didn't believe it either. Gyu'd kissed him first. But, who was he to reject him? Why the hell would he? Instead Woohyun took over the flow of their lips, leading Gyu's uncertain ones.  

Pulling back, he watched Gyu's face closely to study his reaction. When he just barely read Gyu lips as he finally answered him. Whispering, "I love you." Woohyun smiled softly, "I know~." Content with Gyu's response. Their first kiss.

Hearing him, Gyu snapped out of his daze and cleared his throat, "Kimchi!" His flustered mind desperately searching for a distraction and shoving kimchi rice into his mouth. 

How long had it already been since Gyu started staring a hole into the floorboards? The sight him so out of sorts was too perfect, Woohyun had to snap a few pictures. To Gyu's resentment. 

"Ya, Nam Woohyun, put your phone away!"

"Nu-uh!" Woohyun laughed as he kept snapping away with his camera, "You're too cute right now!~ Can't I make you a little angry~?" using Gyu's words against him.

Gyu was defenseless, "Aish...just eat, you idiot..."

Woohyun pouted, "Feed me~"

Gyu chunked his chopsticks at him instead.

"Hey, be nice! I'm your boyfriend!"

"So what!?"

"So what? We just had our first kiss! You kissed me!"

"And!!??" Gyu's face was bright red - both from embarrassment and irritation. It's not like he'd planned it. It just happened. His brain shut down, and some other unknown power took hold of him.

"..."

"...Let's visit Spiri once we're full here," Gyu suggested. Anything to run away.

"Spiri!? Really!?" Woohyun grabbed his bowl and scarfed his food down.

After texting Yadong they left for the doggie school.

 

**********

 

"Hyung, Woohyun says that they're leaving now," Hoya relayed after checking his texts, "Should we leave too?"

"Un-un," his hyung shook his head, "I'm comfy," as they lounged together in the grass. No one else around in sight. "Let me sleep awhile longer."

"Hyung, we really shouldn't sleep in public...In broad daylight..."

"Mmmmnnn~" Dongwoo whined, "But I'm reserving my energy for later~"

"Your energy? For what?" Hoya had to ask.

"For fun~" Dongwoo giggled.

"Ah, Bowling?" Hoya remembered.

"Ne~" Dongwoo wiggled his nose, "That too."

"Huh?"

"Aigoo~" Dongwoo sat up and kissed Hoya, "You'll find out later." 

With that said, Dongwoo got up and decided that visiting Spiri was more energizing than a nap any day. "Ok, let's go!"

"Um..ok.." Hoya responded. Still confused, "We are leaving then?"

 

**********

 

The boy's visit to Spiri's school went well. With Spiri excitedly running up and jumping into Woohyun's lap. Games of fetch and chase me. Plenty of treats and yappy goodness as she ran in circles and did tricks. 

"Waa~ you do remember me, baby!?" Woohyun cried. "You do love me!?"

"Whoah, did she already get bigger?" Hoya speculated, "She did, she's already bigger!"

"I know, right!" Woohyun lifted her into the air to measure her, "She's growing so fast!"

"Even faster that Infi," Dongwoo agreed.

Gyu gasped, "What if she gets as big as Nicki?"

"Whoah!" Hoya exclaimed, "She'll be enormous!"

Gyu frowned, kneeling down to pet her, "Don't you dare grow too big or--Ah! Ya, she bit me."

"What!?" Woohyun and the others crowded around to see the bite mark on his hand.

"Spiri~?" Woohyun shook his finger at her, "No, no. That's bad behavior."

"Agh," Hoya frowned, "I guess she needs more training.."

"...She never did like Gyu Hyung," Dongwoo reminded everyone. 

"That's true.." Woohyun pouted. Picking her up and making her apologize, by shaking paws with Gyu.

"I think we should tell the teachers.." Hoya suggested, "Before she graduates and comes home." Lightening the mood, "And grows into a Gyu biting machine."

Gyu glared at him. He'd need this taken care of swiftly. Afterall, Spiri's bed was in his bedroom now... So before they left, they let the teachers know. 

"Yes, I see," the coach nodded, "Sunggyu, can you think of any reason Spiri would want to bite you?"

"No," Gyu shook his head, "I've never been mean to her. I feed her, play with her. She just doesn't like me."

Dongwoo snickered.

"What!?" Gyu scolded him, "Why are you snickering at? She doesn't like me."

Dongwoo shook his head, "And I know why? Don't you think Nicki would dislike me if I treated her daddy foully?" Dongwoo mentally recalled all of the times that Nicki had given him an off-putting stare or snort when he played around with Hoya. Especially at night. More than once, Nicki'd crawled into their bed - between them -  while he'd tried to instigate . "Aish, dogs really pay attention to how you treat their owner." Adding, "And they can't tell if you're only fooling around or not. If they don't like it or get jealous, they'll go after you."

"What?" Hoya looked on in wonder, "She what?" a bit amused. "What did Nicki do to you, hyung?" Clearly, Nicki hadn't bit Dongwoo so it wasn't something serious, but Hoya could only laugh nervously. Without letting his hyung know that he'd secretly been slipping her treats under the sheets this whole time as little thank yous, for helping him keep his ity. He wasn't ready to get that physical. 

"..." Gyu thought about it, "But am I so bad that I deserve to get bit?"

Woohyun shook his head, "No, but she's only a baby, she doesn't understand that yet."

"..."

 

++++++++++

 

It's late! Sorry!

I haven't been in the mood to write it lately. I'm honestly thinking of jumping ahead to when Infi can actually talk, and giving her a friend. Teehee. But, I'll wait a bit longer.