Round 3, Begin

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

Saturday morning came faster than either wanted. 

"Do we have to give Infi to Dongwoo? She's only now starting to like me," Myungsoo whined.

Yeol frowned, "We do, that's how this works, remember."

"But, but can't we keep her one more week. I'm not done bonding yet."

"You're done bonding," Yeol coughed, taking in the adorable sight of Infi snuggling against Myungsoo's chest. She'd slept there happily for at least three hours now. If that's not successful father-daughter bonding, Yeol didn't know what was.

Myungsoo scowled at his boyfriend, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ah. I mean that...Aish, she clearly loves you! Wasn't that the goal?"

"Yeah, it was and now I don't want to let her go. Got a problem with that!?"

"No! No, absolutely not!" Yeol waved his arms about frantically. Damn, why'd Myungsoo always have to be so moody towards him? "I don't want to give her away either, but Dongwoo and Hoya need their turn too."

"Yeah, I know..." Myungsoo pouted.

"Dongwoo's already got a list of activities ready for her. He's great with kids too, so we don't have to worry about her."

 

*****

 

"Here she is, hyung," Myungsoo passed Infi to Dongwoo, "she's a little fussy right now, but I know that you'll take good care of her."

"I will," Dongwoo kissed the fidgety infant, "Don't worry baby, Daddy Dongwoo has you~."

"Wait, where's Hoya?" Yeol interrupted.

"He's still back at the studio practicing," Dongwoo replied before lifting Infi up and giving her a raspberry on her belly, "You're all mine today~."

"But, shouldn't he be here?" Myungsoo frowned, "It's not right to not be here."

"Calm down Myungie, you know that we're all busy," Dongwoo ruffled his hair, "Besides, he promised me that he'll be home early tonight."

"..Ok then.." Myungsoo didn't like it. Infi deserved the best, and the best meant showing up on time and putting her above all else. But, he realized that that wasn't necessarily feasible for busy idols.

"Ahhh shaa~" Yeol stretched his arms out wide and moaned theatrically, "And now our watch has ended."

Myungsoo side-eyed him, recognizing the phrase, "Stop watching Game of Thrones."

"I can't help it, Sunggyu got me hooked! And, the dragons! The dragons!" (Note: Remembering the time Gyu confessed to watching it during '27'.)

Dongwoo laughed, "I hope you didn't watch that with Infi around."

"Oh my god, no!"

Myungsoo shook his head, "I guess we'll get going. Bye, bye Infi, Daddy will see you later," he held Infi's little hand.

Yeol leaned over and pinched her cheeks, "Bye bye. Be good ok?" petting the squishiness, before dragging Myungsoo off reluctantly behind him. 

"Waa~ It's just me and you now, little one," Dongwoo turned to head towards his apartment, but not before hearing Yeol's sudden outburst. 

He hadn't even waited 10 seconds after shutting the door, "We're free to have again!!"

"No, we're not!!" Not if Yeol's going to shout it out to the whole world like that, and so quickly too. Myungsoo resented his boyfriend's swift turn around from sadness to excitement.

"I...we should hurry back," Dongwoo laughed to himself. 

 

*****

 

Dongwoo strapped Infi into her bouncy chair and began setting up the living room playpen, "It must be weird always moving around.." He rambled, "Is it strange? We don't mean it to be that way...Anyways.." He continued talking to himself, lost in thought.

Meanwhile, Infi dozed off while on her thumb. Changing apartments every week wasn't too difficult for her. She recognized everyone's faces, after all.

"When, when did Hoya say that he'll be back, again?"

"Nine," someone answered him.

"Oh!? Who?" Dongwoo jumped, "Ah, Woohyun! What are you doing here?"

"Checking on Infi," Woohyun sheepishly admitted, "You seemed distracted, so I let myself in.."

Dongwoo laughed, "It's ok Hyunnie, come on in," he looked at Infi, "Looks like she's sleeping, though."

"Aww, "Woohyun kneeled down next to her, "She looks like a little angel." Woohyun gasped, "And Hyung, she's getting bigger! What did they feed her? She's like this much bigger now!" Woohyun gestured with his hands how much he thought she'd grown.

"Wow Woohyun, you see her all the time. She can't have grown that much," Dongwoo laughed.

"Ha, you're right, but she is growing. What? Is she 7 months yet?"

"I.. think so.." Dongwoo pondered, "We've had her for about three weeks.."

"Hmm..." Woohyun her head, "I wonder if her parents have seen her on tv yet?" He looked up at Dongwoo, "They've aired up to episode 3, right?"

"Yeah..And CPS is actively looking for them. So, they must've found them by now. I'm sure that they're just waiting to inform us. Until they're cleared of any potential wrongdoings, at least. And," Dongwoo added, "I doubt they'll take Infi away from us before we finish filming."

Woohyun nodded, "I don't wont to give her up.."

"None of us do..."

"...Hoya might.."

"Hoya?"

"Ah. no, I didn't mean that. It's just...why isn't he here now? He could have opted out of additional practice.."

"Ah...well, you know Hoya. He overthinks things and over-practices when he doesn't need to."

"That's true.."

The conversation shifted into an awkward silence until Dongwoo finally spoke up.

"He's afraid of Infi. He's afraid of accidentally hurting her. Of being a bad father," he continued, "So he's avoiding her before he accidentally does...anything."

"..But he'll do fine. It's not like any of us are real experts at this. That's why they called experts to help us.." Woohyun argued.

"Yeah, but Hoya's too--too stubborn to accept it."

"Then he should just it up. Hyung, tell him to it up!" Woohyun demanded, "Make him take care of her!"

Dongwoo chuckled light-heartedly, "Should I?" he asked, "Or should I ease him into it? I'm here to help too."

"Aish, why do you always have to be so saintly?" 

"I'm no saint..."

Woohyun sighed, "In any case, i'll take on Hoya's responsibilities."

"Infi babo."

The two laughed as Woohyun gave him a hand setting everything up, "So what's on your planner?"

"For today? I'm going to let Infi relax. She seems real sleepy. But tomorrow," Dongwoo cheered, "I talked staff into letting us take her to the zoo!"

"Whoah! Can I come too!? Infi loved the aquarium! She'll go crazy at the zoo!"

"The more the merrier! Bring Gyu!"

"Hyung, I have a plan! While we're at the zoo let's leave Infi with Hoya. Just for a little bit. Let's all wander off and abandon him, and watch secretly like we did with Myungsoo!" 

"Bingo!" Dongwoo high-fived him, "But only for a few minutes, I don't want him freaking out too badly."

"It's a deal! I'll tell the others!"

 

*****

 

"Agh," Hoya groaned - his muscles aching, "I'm so hungry.." He finally decided to leave after 11 o'clock. 

"I'm disgusting," he examined his sweaty reflection in the studio mirror before heading out to his car.

He arrived home just as Dongwoo was feeding Infi applesauce, "Hey," he quietly approached them.

Dongwoo smiled brightly, "You're home? Do you need to take a shower? Dinner's ready." As expected, he knew that Dongwoo wouldn't hold it against him for coming so late,

"Ah.. i'll take a shower first.." he awkwardly held his stomach.

"Are you sure? I don't mind."

"It's ok. I'm sure I smell like a swamp monst--."

"Ah! Ah, ah ah!" Hoya was cut-off my Dongwoo's sudden shouts of pain, "Infi, don't pull on that. Please!"

"Yes!" Infi squealed, "I got it!" pulling harshly on Dongwoo's dangling earring. Something she'd been trying to grab for hours and Dongwoo was naive enough to not remove it after the first attempt. Now he was distracted, which meant, "Mine!"

"Oooww, baby please let go!" He begged, "Hoya, help me!"

Hoya rushed over and lightly tugged on Infi's tiny fist, "You have to let go..Come on, let go." Too scared to apply too much pressure, he wasn't much help.

"Ah ah.." Dongwoo cried, "Why are you pulling so hard? Are you trying to hurt daddy?"

Infi pulled the earring into , giving Hoya the chance to wiggle it out of her grip, "Got it! You ok, Dongwoo?"

Feeling the blood pour out of his earlobe, Dongwoo stood up and handed Infi to Hoya, before running towards the bathroom.

*frigid air* Hoya froze, unconsciously forgetting to breathe with Infi in his arms.

"She nearly ripped it clear through my ear!" He heard Dongwoo yell back to him.

"Ah,...you're stronger than I thought.." Hoya gulped before choosing to strap her into her highchair and back away from the terrifying little creature. "Hyung, I should really..take a show--" He tried to excuse himself as Dongwoo returned, holding toilet paper to his ear. 

“No!" came Dongwoo's fiery response, "You, get back here and take care of your daughter, this instant!” he demanded, "I need to go find a first-aid kit." Where their's disappeared to, he didn't know.

"Ye--yes, sir," Hoya shivered.

 

++++++++++

 

Off to the ZOO! Which animal is Infi's favorite? Can you guess? ^.^

 

I've also decided to start uploading my other fics onto this account, starting with "Mom's Friends" and "Wild Rabbit." Neither are cute and fluffy like this, but I feel bad for abandoning "Wild Rabbit" for so long, and I've been meaning to pen "Mom's Friends" for quite awhile. They're pretty dark and angsty. The latter star's Gyu. They're both a part of my Johar Verse.

 

Mom's Friends: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1283614/mom-s-friends-sunggyu