Doggie Stories

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

 

"Inspirit, down! I said down! Off of the couch! ...No! No! No! No! No! Not there either! Bad girl! Oh, come on, baby~"

"Bark bark bark!" the puppy barked back at him excitedly as she wiggled underneath the couch's complementary loveseat. Where he couldn't get her. Seconds later darting off for a new hole to squeeze herself into - behind the TV. Under the bed, in the closet, between the furniture, inside the laundry basket. Everywhere! She loved playing Hide and Seek!

"Dammit, why'd you bring that thing home!?" Gyu was very vocal about his disdain for their new family member, "I don't want it!" Nearly falling over as the puppy skidded right past his feet. "YA!! Catch it already!" he demanded.

Off to the side, Hoya laughed as Woohyun desperately chased his new puppy around the entire house. While their dog lazily curled up in her new warm bed. "Good thing we chose the Pitbull, ne hyung?"

"Right~" Dongwoo giggled.

Yes, indeed, they couldn't just pick one.

Thankfully Jong had replied to Dongwoo's text before they left the shelter. And with very little persuasion, he'd come running to meet the big, grey beautiful boy, "He's so majestic~." Falling in love instantly, "You're mine now, ok?"

Sadly, the Great Dane wasn't too sure at first, but he'd slowly warmed up to him over the first few days. And was currently sleeping in Jongie's king-sized bed - his head on Jongie's chest.

And that wasn't all! Dongwoo had also accidentally sent a video of the 5-month old Shepkita puppy to Woohyun's phone. Excitedly bopping Infi on the head and running back and forth. "She's Woogyu style~" teehee. Whether Gyu agreed with it or not. 

But, Gyu wasn't the only one upset about their new family members. Myungsoo couldn't take it either. What about his poor Byul? How was Byul supposed to live with so many dogs? So he'd hung up a sign on his and Yeol's apartment. Reading, "No dogs allowed in Byul's sacred space!" Adding, "Except Aga." Yeol's dog. 

Thankfully there hadn't been any terrible incidents yet. Only a brief scare when Woohyun's puppy caught her sleeping on the couch in the main living room - and promptly chased her up the kitchen cabinets. "Bark bark bark bark bark!"

Woohyun'd barely caught her in the act, "Inspirit! Leave her alone!" 

"Bark bark bark!"

"No! Bad puppy! Bad Inspirit!" he shouted as he snatched her up, "No! Leave Byullie alone! Leave her alone!" 

"Bark bark bark!" she only wanted to play with her. Woohyun too, as she his face energetically. She wanted to play with everyone. All hours of the day. 

"Aish, what is it now!?" It annoyed the hell out of Gyu. He agreed that she was adorable, but she definitely needed to attend Doggie Training School to learn some manners.

Also, "...You know Woohyun, maybe you shouldn't have named your dog after our fandom?" Gyu stared judgementally at him as he held the squirming pup sturdily against his chest.

"What? Why?" Woohyun stared back at him in confusion. Byul hissing at her from on top of the highest cupboard. 

Woohyun loved the idea of naming her after his girlfriends, but now that he thought about it.... "No, Inspirit! Bad Inspirit! Use the pee pad, Inspirit! Not in the house, Inspirit!" Yeah...maybe he shouldn't have named her that. "...Inspi? Spiri? Spiri? Ne, what about Spiri~?" Woohyun babbled.

"..."

Otherwise, Jongie'd chose to keep Chuck's name the same. Formally lengthening it to Charles The Great. 

And Yadong? Well,in she's a Pitbull, so they named her after a rapper. Nicki.

 

*********

 

"Mmph Nn-i-kh-i," Infi attempted to pronounce her new best friend's name during dinner

"Oh, good girl~" Dongwoo congratulated her. Clapping his hands cutely, "Nicki."

"Nicki," she repeated. Petting her head - as Nicki sat down right next to her highchair at the dinner table. 

Infi's hits were a little rough against the Pitbull's head (as expected of a toddler, with limited muscle control) but the Pit didn't look upset. Infi's hand after she'd stopped. 

"Now open up~" Dongwoo instructed as he fed her another spoonful of mashed corn, "Nom nom nom."

"Nom nom," Infi repeated.

Meanwhile, Nicki took the opportunity to steal a chicken nugget off of Dongwoo's plate.

"Kya," Hoya saw her do it. Covering his mouth to subdue his laughter. He wasn't about to rat out his furry baby. 

"Omo," Dongwoo was none-the-wiser. Cooing over Infi, "Such a cute little eater~" Totally oblivious.

So~"Psht," Hoya waved his hand underneath the table to get Nicki's attention - to secretly feed her another nugget off of his own plate. 

 

**********

 

Late that night, Hoya spooned Dongwoo in bed as he lovingly watched Nicki. Asleep, curled up at their feet. "Hyung, I love her...Thank you."

"Ngh," Dongwoo stirred - half asleep - and looked back at him. "I love you too," playfully pretending to be upset that Hoya might love their dog more than him.

He figured this would happen. He'd chose Nicki because of how Hoya's eyes lit up every time he saw her. 

And now Hoya was happier to have her in bed - than his own boyfriend.

"Tch, you too," Hoya lightly smacked Dongwoo's shoulder.

"Yeah, sure," Dongwoo teased before rolling around to embrace him, "Ne, I think Infi loves her too." 

"Mmm," Hoya moaned, "I think so too," letting his hyung shower him with kisses.

"Hmrmmng?"

"Ah? What?" Hoya was alerted by Nicki's whine and looked down to check on her. 

She was awake, staring back at them. Her head cocked to the side as if she was trying to figure out what was going on up there.

"Ne, hyung..." he rubbed Dongwoo's back to get his attention, "Maybe we shouldn't do this in front of her..."

His hyung frowned, "Then don't rub my lower back like that."

"Ah!?" Hoya retracted his hand. His face blood red. "Was it too low?" he innocently asked. 

"Ugh no," Dongwoo sat up and reached over into his dresser drawer. Pulling out a large-knotted chew toy, he tossed it towards her, "Nicki, play with this while your daddies play with each other."

"Oh, God!" Hoya buried his face in his pillow.

"Nu-uh, you're not getting away with that this time. Infi's asleep, Nicki's distracted, you can at least make-out with me," he protested.

"Ah...ne," Hoya peeked up at him.

For further temptation, Dongwoo ditched his shirt, "Can you deny me now?"

"... No."

 

**********

 

The next morning Infi was wide awake and ready for the day at 5 am. "I'm hungry! I want attention!" she'd babbled impatiently for someone to come take her out of her crib. 

But before either Hoya or Dongwoo could pull themselves out of bed, Nicki came rushing in. Frantically trying to understand why the tiny human was making such a ruckus. Running up to her crib, circling around it and jumping up to try and get closer to her. Nicki was bewildered, to say the least. 

"Why? Why? Why? Are you hurt? Are you hungry?" Nicki asked herself as she excitedly danced around her crib - searching for a way in.

"Oh, you're here!" Infi squealed in delight, reaching out to squish Nicki's face together, "Nicki!"

Yet, wiggling like crazy, Nicki wasn't satisfied enough. Her little human was still squeaking, and she hadn't learned how to decipher good from bad squealing yet. So with great determination, she pulled herself up, over, and into Infi's crib. 

*Plop* 

She nearly landed on top of her, face-planting on top of the white mattress, "Ooph!"

"Nicki!" Infi giggled. "Mine!" cheering and clinging to her - as Nicki tried to lay down inside the small space.

"Yes, I'm in! ...Now, what's that smell?" Nicki asked herself as she sniffed Infi's diaper. "Ooh, this is interesting."

Infi made a poop~.

"Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo!" they both jumped in shock as Dongwoo the lights and gasped. "Nicki! How did you get in there!?" Alerting Hoya to run into the room, as well.

"Aigoo Haha," Hoya thought it was adorable.

Dongwoo, on the other hand, "Ya, what if she smashed Infi?"

"Uh.." Hoya stopped laughing, "I guess..." He wasn't sure how to fix this.

"Aish," Dongwoo rolled his eyes and left to start making breakfast, "...We gotta buy a bigger crib."

"Yes! Right!" Hoya cheered, "A bigger crib, that's what we get!" Satisfied that Dongwoo wasn't too angry with his furry baby.

Infi was his little baby and Nicki was his furry baby, but hyung was also his big(?) baby. And, he had to ensure that none of them fought with each other...Otherwise, he'd have a difficult time choosing whose side to be on. 

"Change her diaper."

"Ah? Oh, yeah!" Hoya rushed to pick Infi up and obey his hyung.

 

**********

 

Tha afternoon.

"Pi! Pi! Pi," Infi shouted while playing with Spiri in the main living room. "Pi! Pi!" she shrieked. The s and r sounds still too complex for her little mouth to pronounce. 

Down the hall, Yeol frantically rummaged through their communal hamper, "Ya! Has anyone seen my shorts!?"

"The orange ones!?" Hoya yelled back from the living room.

"Yeah! My old orange cargo shorts! The ones with the ripped side-pocket!"

"You mean your worn-out garbage!" Myungsoo added. 

"No, I don't! They're not garbage! They're perfectly fine shorts! Lucky, too! Wait!" Yeol found it odd, "Why!? How'd Hoya know which ones I was talking about!? Hyung, do you know where they are!?" He swiftly dropped all the laundry in his hands and dashed towards the direction of Hoya's voice.

Five seconds later, even the neighbors down the road heard Yeol's pained screech, "What the hell, Hyung!?" 

"Blame Myungsoo," Hoya smirked, "He's been waiting patiently for the perfect excuse to get rid of them."

Yeol collapsed to his knees. His precious shorts ripped to shreds between Infi's fist and Spiri's mouth - in a game of Tug-of-War.

"Ne~," Myungsoo lazily smiled - lounging on the couch behind him. Video recording the whole event. 

"Wait! What!? What!? Wait! Whhhhyyyy~~!!??" Yeol cried, "Why, Myungsoo, why?"

His lover only shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Hn, I guess having dogs isn't so bad."


 

**********

 

"Infi, do you want to ride on Uhk's (The best Infi could pronounce Chuck) back?" Jongie asked as he attempted to play with her again. 

Still a bit jittery, he used her attraction to Chuck as a conversation starter. While his hyungs watched, of course. 

"Do you think that Chuck will be ok with this?" Gyu sneered. Disliking the idea of a doggie horseback ride. It could end so so badly.

"It's ok," Jong assured him, "I tied the saddle to him yesterday, and he carried my stuffed bear around on his back without any problems."

"You mean he's really ok with it?" Woohyun gasped.

"Yeah, really," Jong nodded.

Gyu still didn't like it. A Stuffed teddy bear, no matter how big, was no 8-month-old infant.

None-the-less, Jong securely strapped Infi onto the harness and they all watched Chuck lazily carry her around the house.

"Well...damn," Myungsoo smiled. Snapping pictures.

He wasn't in any rush, or stress at all. In fact, Chuck loved all of the attention that the members were giving him. Walking up to each one of them, and collecting the treats in their hands.

Without the treats, he probably would have just laid down. So, all of them had to pick a spot and coach him to come over.

"Come here~ Come here~" Woohyun chuckled warmly - kneeling in the front door of his and Gyu's apartment, "Bring Infi baby to me~"

"No, Chuck, come to me!" Yeol shouted by the back door. Waving around a squeaky toy.

"No, over here Chuck! Don't you want some gravy? You love gravy!" He did, Chuck loved beef gravy. Jong was well aware of that as he waited along the wall.

"Do you want a biscuit?" Dongwoo pitched - by his apartment door.

"Ne, big boy~ Are you hungry?" Sunggyu was the smartest (in his opinion), stealing Chuck's food bowl from Jong's room. To coach him into the kitchen and stay put for awhile. 

"Gah! I can't take pictures like that!" Myungsoo exclaimed as he abandoned his location (on the central couch) because Chuck hadn't come to him yet. Choosing to jump around and get the best photographic angles instead. 

"Ok ok hahahaha," Woohyun eventually gave up as well. Spiri wasn't having this at all. All up in his face, jealous that he'd dare play with another dog.

Meanwhile, Hoya wasn't really trying either. He loved watching the others fight for Chuck's attention and the huge smile on Infi's face. But, Nicki already had her head in his lap so why call another dog over?

 

++++++++++

 

Quick write is quick write. Nothing perfect, just cute. haha

Infinite has doggies!!