Secret In The Closet

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

Here's another quickie for you.

++++++++++

 

 

The following morning everyone gave Gyu the silent treatment.

Except, Dongwoo... After Gyu cornered him, dragged him into the hallway closet, and endlessly whined at him. 

"Please, please, please please, please."

"Ya! What makes you think that I'll hear you out?" Dongwoo finally broke his silence, as he rammed the closet door open from the inside - to escape.

"No!" Gyu pulled him back inside, before knocking a stack of boxes over. Somewhat trapping them both. "You have to hear me out! I won't let you leave until you listen to me!"

Instead, Dongwoo opted to put his hands over his ears and start singing some random hip-hop song.

"Oh, come on~. Dongwoo~ I'm you hyung, you have to listen to me," Gyu pleaded.

"..."

"Just hear me out! This is important!" his begging shifting to anger.

"..." 

And back to pitifulness. "Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee," Gyu pouted his lips together and opened his eyes as wide as they'd go - to pull off his best pathetic puppy dog face.

"Agh! Ok, but not because I forgive you! Stop that!"

"Ne! So," Gyu spilled his guts out, "last night, I know that everyone was pissed off at me, and I don't blame them that they still are! But, last night, I didn't mean it like that! I wasn't being cruel! I'm not heartless, really! I love Infi! I really love Infi! But I also love Infinite! And all-all I meant to say was that that was the original deal. BUT it doesn't have to be the case now! I--I!!"

Dongwoo merely looked at him, still obviously pissed off by the whole situation. 

"Gah..." Gyu sighed. Cutting straight to the case, "...I filed online to permanently adopt Infi."

"..." At first, Dongwoo didn't know what to say, "You did what?"

"I went to CPS's website, found Infi's file, and submitted all the necessary paperwork."

"Oh my, God!" Dongwoo's mood shifted instantly. Wrapping his arms around Gyu and smiling like a maniac as he bearhugged the soul out of him, "Really!? Hyung, you adopted Infi!?"

"Ne, I mean--Ga! Dongwoo, I can't breathe!" Gyu tried to explain as he struggled to peel his dongsaeng off of him.

Once he caught his breath again, he continued, "I just submitted the paperwork last night. I don't know if we're accepted or denied yet."

"Oh," Dongwoo softly pouted, "But you did it anyway." Still smiling, "That's what counts. You're doing the right thing. Let's go tell the others!" he cheered as he attempted to pull Gyu out of the closet with him.

"No, wait!" Gyu jerked him back inside and slammed the door back shut, "You can't tell anyone. Promise me."

"What!? Why, Hyung?"

"Because. Because--I...Ok. There's something else that I need to tell you."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I may have...lied on my application."

"You lied? About what? You'd make a great father! Why would you have to lie?"

"Well, obviously! I'm a busy idol who doesn't have any time for a child. Outside of filming a variety show with her. I can't even come home most days. We're in Japan for weeks at a time, and who knows how many hours of sleep we get a night?" he rambled off all the other obvious reasons he'd be denied. Plus," Gyu added his real dilemma," ...Dongwoo...CPS won't accept a single parent's application..." 

"Oh? So yoooouuuu?"

"I might have said that I'm engaged," Gyu coughed, "to Woohyun...I mean, I should have put married. Shouldn't I? Married is much better than engaged!" he rapidly spilled his guts. "That's the kind of family that they're really looking for. It's a family! But, I couldn't. I--I--I couldn't take the lie that far! But engaged? Dongwoo, I'm not engaged! Hell, Woohyun and I are barely dating at all! We don't have the time!"

"Wow," Dongwoo gasped. Dumbstruck. Not like, 'Wow, you lied?' but more like, 'Wow, you're really freaking out over this?'.

"I know, right!? But, I only lied because adoption agencies are so finicky, and they never select single fathers like me. But, they can't get that mad at me? I mean...if they even genuinely consider me!? Right?"

"..." Dongwoo blinked a few times, trying to settle all of the new information in his mind. Yet, the key issue shined through. And, it was an easy fix. "Well then, I guess your flat- better hurry up and marry him."

"..." Gyu paused. 

"Aish," that dumb look on Gyu's face. Wasn't this the point of dragging him in here? For advice?  He gave it to him, "Get your out of the closet and hurry up and marry Woohyun! At least, go out on dates! Act like you two are really engaged! Get married for real!" They had to, "Do everything to convince CPS that you're for real! They'll want to interview and follow you two around!"

*Gulp* Sure, he wanted Dongwoo's help..but..but..not that bluntly. "Gah, dammit! But, how? I can't even ask Woohyun to go get coffee with me without freezing up!"

"You two get coffee together all the time."

"Yeah, because he asks me to go with him!"

"What the difference?" Dongwoo groaned, "Aish! Then drop hints. Say that you're thirsty and wait for him to suggest going out."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because he hates me right now. Remember?"

"..."

"Fine, I'll ask."

"You will? For me? Really?"

"Yes, it's a double date now. Hoya and I will play wingmen."

"Kya! Yes! That's a perfect idea! You two come with us and pretend to be on your own date, but secretly be helping me out!"

Dongwoo sighed, "Yes, that's right." But was it worth it? "Honestly though, have you thought about just telling Woohyun about your plan?"

"I can't."

"Why? Because he hates you?" Dongwoo sarcastically mocked what he'd said earlier.

"No, because... I don't want him thinking that we would only get married because of Infi."

"But that is the plan, isn't it?" He hoped it wasn't. Dongwoo didn't take the sanctity of marriage lightly. If Gyu and Woohyun were really to get married then it'd have to be because they genuinely loved each other. Not so that they could all keep their baby. As sweet and adorable as she is...it wasn't right.

"No..I mean, yes, but no."

Straight to it, "Do you or do you not love Woohyun?" Dongwoo had to know right that instant, "Because if you don't, I won't help you. And honestly, I like your plan." He admitted, "If it doesn't work out for you, I'll consider doing it. I've already thought about marrying Hoya for a long time."

"I--I..." Gyu blushed. He always at expressing his true feelings. "Maybe," he thought to himself, "Maybe I should step back? Dongwoo and Hoya would be great for Infi too..." He hated to admit it, "We could still see her as much as we wanted."

Meanwhile, Dongwoo waited patiently. The longer it took for Gyu to respond, the less comfortable it felt. But, then again, Dongwoo could always read Gyu. Even Gyu's best pokerface wasn't mysterious to him. 

Dongwoo sighed, "Alright, we'll do it. You may not be able to say it, but your cheeks are screaming it from the rooftops."

"What? What does that mean?"

"It means that you look like a tomato," Dongwoo explained before exiting the closet to go find Hoya.

Gyu glared at him, "That better be the cutest tomato you've ever seen."

"Sure, sure," Dongwoo nodded.

 

**********

 

Dongwoo found Hoya in Jongie's apartment. Where the two were playing a violent video game together - to vent out all of their frustrations against Gyu. When Jong should have been at the studio...two hours ago. Otherwise, Hoya was free, he was technically still on Infi's schedule - despite giving her to Myungyeol last night. 

"Hey, Babe, can I borrow you for a moment?"

"Ne, just a second," Hoya acknowledged Dongwoo's presence with a lie. He couldn't - or rather didn't want to - set the controller down just yet. "Bah! Right in the head!"

"Hoya!"

"Aigoo! Aigoo!" Hoya eventually relinquished the controller. Leaving the game on pause. "Ne, honey~" he tried to sweet-talk his way out of the forthcoming rant - for ignoring him.

What he received, was Dongwoo's glare.

"Ne..hehe. Baby, is everything alright?"

"No."

"Ne?"

"Follow me."

Hoya gulped, "Yes sir."

Once they were alone in their bedroom, Dongwoo filled Hoya in on the plan.

"What?" Hoya growled, "Why should we help him!? Hyung's a heartless !"

"I know," Dongwoo argued back, "He can come off as heartless, but you know Gyu. He's not really as cruel as he likes everyone to think he is. And he loves Infi just as much as the rest of us. He just said that because he's our leader. And, as our leader, he has to think analytically. What the best for our team?"

Hoya groaned, "Yeah, but he didn't have to say it so standoff-ish. Ya! Especially, when he walked straight out of the room and immediately tried to adopt her, all by himself!"

"Very true."

"..."

"..."

"But, if he really marries Woohyun we get to keep Infi, permanently?"

"As long as CPS approves them. And!" Dongwoo added, "we all have to keep up with our share of raising her. We can only do this as a team." 

Hoya nodded, "Ok, I'm in. When are we doing this?"

"Tonight, after rehearsal. All four of us are free after 7."

"Aight, I'm gonna go kill him a few more times before we have to leave, but I'm in."

 

**********

 

"Waaa!!! Waaaaa!!!" Infi screamed her head off in Yeol's arms, as he struggled to soothe her. He'd been walking up and down the block for thirty minutes. Bouncing her up and down, showing her funny things, and everything he could think of to cheer her up. "Are you hungry? I fed you earlier. Did your rash come back?"

Nothing worked. Then she her diaper.

And he realized that he'd left her diaper bag on set, "...I can't do this anymore..." 

It was bad enough that she'd acted-up while Myungsoo filmed his latest drama. But for the director to kick him and Infi out? That's just cruel. She's a baby, she can't control when she gets upset. And, neither could he, anymore - as Yeol gave up on the side of the road and cried with her.

"Infi, I'm sorry! I can't do anything for you! I can't do anything right!!" he scolded himself for forgetting such an important item as her diaper bag. He'd only meant to step out for a few minutes, and then ask to be allowed back inside. 

Thankfully, all the commotion drew the attention of a nearby shop owner. An elderly man, who was shaking his head. "Poor kid didn't know what he was getting himself into. The mother must have abandoned him," he said as he pointed Yeol out to his wife.

"Omo! Omo!" his wife gasped. "We should help him. He's too young to be a father! I'll call CPS!"

"No, no!" her husband stopped her, shooing her hand away from the old-timey landline. "Don't call them. He's just having a bad day. Remember when your father called CPS on me?" He reminded her, "I'd only had a little accident in the kitchen. And he thought I was genuinely trying to burn the whole house down out of frustration - after you'd abandoned me with the kids for a whole week. So that you could vacation in The Cayman Islands with your friends."

"Oh?" his wife pretended not to remember said-incident, "Well, in any case, we should go out there and help him." She excused herself swiftly before her husband could bring up any other of her little past discretions. "Young man, can I help you?"

Yeol admired the elderly couple's cute little antique shop, as the wife showed him inside, "Whoah, I love that. What is it called?" One item instantly stood out.

"Oh, that one?" the husband replied, "It's called a Grandfather clock. 17th century English workmanship. It's a real beauty, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is," Yeol stepped closer to admire the craftsmanship, as the elderly lady ran upstairs to their adjoined home. To dig through her granddaughter's old baby supplied.

"Here we go," she announced upon her return, "I knew we had some old, unused diapers. You know, these things are expensive. Never throw the extras away. You just might need them for the next one. Otherwise, you'll spend a fortune on diapers alone. Forget college."

"Ah, thank you! Thank you, thank you!" Yeol squealed with joy before finally being able to changer Infi. "There we go, Baby. Do you feel better now?"

"No, not really," Infi still whimpered, "but my 's not wet anymore."

"So, tell us..." the woman inquired, "Where is Infi's mother?"

Yeol frowned, "...She died..." he confessed. Shortly after, explaining the whole foster care situation, so that they didn't misunderstand. 

"Oh, I see. This poor girl was left all alone in this world..." the woman sighed. "Well then, I'm very glad that she found you. Having seven daddies must be a riot? What channel did you say that your show plays on?"

"SBS! Every Saturday morning!" Adding, "We take turns in groups of two, and trade off every week. We even had EXID's Jungwha guest star! You can watch old episodes on our Vlive, as well!"

"Omo, then I'll watch them all tonight," she laughed alongside her husband.

"Oh, make sure to see the one where Sunggyu Hyung takes her to the supermarket. That one's crazy, Oh, and the time that we went to the zoo together! Oh! Or the aquarium! Or when we had a huge paint fight in Dongwoo's old bedroom! We just adopted a bunch of dogs too!"

But, the more Yeol gleefully shouted about all of the fun times, the more he suddenly felt overwhelmed. It hurt...to think that all of those memories were lost to time now. All tightly packed away on "Infi, The Infinite Infant" variety show DVD collection.

"Ne? What is it?" the grandfather curiously looked at Yeol, "Are you ok? You were so happy just now. Is something wrong?"

"No..no" Yeol sighed, "It just hit me. It's all just a show..."

"Of course, honey," his wife smiled, "It's a show, but," she added, "Something tells me that you all love this little girl. And that that's not turned off the second the cameras go off. So there's no need to be sad."

Yeol shook his head, "No, but..but CPS is going to take her back soon. They're already looking for her new home."

"Well, then adopt her for real!" the old man laughed. His wife lightly smacking him on the back.

"I--I can?" Yeol gasped, "Wait!? We can do that!?"

"Of course, you can--!" the man nodded.

"Oh, don't be foolish!" his wife cut him off before Yeol could take him seriously. "Nonsense, he's a young boy with a bright future ahead of him. He shouldn't weigh himself down with a little one yet. He, at least, needs to find the right girl first."

"Boy," it slipped out of Yeol's mouth, "Right boy, and I did." He smiled awkwardly after he'd caught himself, hoping that she wasn't a homophobe. 

"Oh, the right boy, then?" she blushed, "Well, then..." She shook her head, "That still doesn't settle the issue. You need be financially stable and well-rounded to raise a little girl. I know that idols don't get paid much, and you must be constantly in and out of the studio at all hours of the night." She drilled it in, "Are you ready to quit your job as an idol?"

"No! Absolutely not!" Yeol shrieked. "I--...I love being a part of Infinite! I love my job! I love all of the people I work with! I can't leave now!"

The elderly lady nodded, "See, you're not ready to be a full-time father You have your whole life ahead of you."

"I guess not..."

"Yes, and I'm sure that your partner, shooting his drama, will say the same thing too. Once the cameras are gone permanently, and you're toting a baby around from schedule to schedule 24/7 - with no one to take her off your hands when you need a break, you'll realize it. Being a parent is no laughing matter."

"Yeah...you're right..." he sighed, as she looked down and saw that Infi'd got her hands on a vintage doll. A baby dressed up in a furry bunny onesie. "..Aigoo! Infi! No!" he panicked, "Don't on that, it's not yours!"

But the elderly couple only laughed. They'd been keeping their eyes on her, so they'd seen her crawling into their chest of antique toys. Hey, they figured that they'd give her a freebie, anyways. So why not let her pick it out herself. "It's ok, honey. It's all hers know," they smiled.

"What!?"

"She can have it. Don't worry, it's our gift."

"Really?" Yeol bowed a full 90 degrees, "I am so so sorry! I should have been watching her. How much does it cost?"

"Don't worry about it," the man kept laughing, "Consider it a gift, for bringing over such a cute little shopper."

"Ah? Really? You mean it?"

"Yes, we mean it." the woman rubbed Yeol's arm, "It's ok. Really."

"Ah," he finally relaxed, "but..how much is it?" He had to know.

"Hmm," the husband didn't want to tell him, "Around $80. It's from a collection well sought after in Europe.  But I believe it's the perfect toy just her Infi. It was calling to her. Pick me, pick me~."

"A collectible?" Yeol wondered why a babydoll dressed up in an animal onesie was considered a collectible. Otherwise, he made a mental note to remember this shop and it's two lovely owners. So that he could thank them again, by sending his loyal Inspirits their way. And, make a generous donation. He also still had his eye on that Grandfather clock. "Should I buy it? How much is it? I forgot to ask."

Alas, he had to leave. "Myungsoo should be finishing up by now. We should get going. Thank you so much, again. Infi will take excellent care of her collectible. You have my word on it."

Later that night, he'd caught her swinging it around by its bunny ear. "Infi! No, that's a collectible! It could be priceless one day!"

 

++++++++++

 

Infi, don't break it, please! > < "

So it's a date next time! Are you ready? How should Gyu seduce Woohyun into marrying him?

 

Shameless plug: I'm on already ch.22 of my "Mom's Friends" fic! XD