Say My Name

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

Morning~.

Woohyun awoke with only one goal in mind for the day. Infi time! He rolled over to check her crib to find her wide awake, teething on Brave Heart Lion (Care Bears). 

"Omo, does he taste good?" he asked her, "Can Daddy eat him too? Will you share with me?" He playfully reached out and nipped at the toy. But, he coughed before he could do anything else. 

"Ugh.." getting up to get a glass of water, Woohyun swallowed a few pills just to be safe, before returning to her.

"Do you feel better today?" he checked her forehead temperature. 

"Mnnnubipa" Infi babbled before blowing a huge spit bubble in his face.

"Ah, you're just dandy then?" Woohyun gasped, "All better? Are you hungry? Do you need a new one?" He changed her diaper before taking her to the kitchen with him for breakfast.

 

**********

 

"Guys, come quick! Come watch this!" Woohyun alerted the other members to gather in the main living room - first thing in the morning. Approx. 8 AM.

"Huh!? What!?" Myungsoo stumbled out of his apartment first. Still dressed in his silky, loosely fitted (and don't forget pure black) pajamas. "What happened? Is Infi ok?" he forced out of his mouth despite his obvious drowsiness.

"Oh wow, that's a first!" Woohyun exclaimed. Usually, Myungsoo couldn't move that fast in the morning, "You're up this early?"

Myungsoo blinked a couple times, as each blink lulled him closer back to sleep, "I'm a creature of darkness." 

"Umm ooook," Woohyun nodded carefully, "Don't you mean night?"

"No, I mean darkness. Everything dark and black," Soo clarified as he grudgingly walked closer to Woohyun - almost zombie-like."

"I..see..." Woohyun could swear a dark mist was resonating from behind his dongsaeng. "Alrighty then... Sungyeol!" he quickly called for Yeol to save him.

On cue, Sungyeol marched out of their apartment and pushed Myungsoo onto the couch. Placing a pillow over his head, "Sleep, monster."

Within seconds Myungsoo's snoring was evidence enough for Yeol to lift the pillow and explain. "He's sleepwalking."

"Ooooh," Woohyun gulped, "sleep...walking?"

Yeol stared at his lover a brief moment, and then back to Woohyun, "So, why--?"

"Can you wake him?"

"I--Carefully...I guess. He kind of just wakes up on his own," he explained casually, as if it was normal, "Sometimes he's himself. Sometimes he's the Dark Lord. Other times he wants to the life out of me. Other nights he really--just--really wants to kill me... But, mostly, he's Myungsoo."

"Are--Is--Is Myungsoo possessed!?"

"..." Yeol took his sweet time replying to that, "...Maybe...?" He coughed, "Anyways, why are we up?"

"Yeah, why the hell are you shouting this early in the morning Hyung?" Hoya asked as he came in and sat down on top of Myungsoo's legs.

"Oh! Right!" Woohyun smiled again. "Where's everyone else?" he made sure that everyone was there. Gyu'd been up before him so he knew Gyu was coming, but Dongwoo... Oh, there he was. Stumbling out just now in his puppy pajamas, and dragging his big pink fluffy blanket behind him. He made a pink nest on the floor and sat down in it. 

"Ok, now we just need to wake Satan, here, and we'll be set!" he cheered while bouncing Infi up and down in his arms. 

Gyu scowled, already annoyed and about to give away the secret, but then he'd have to deal with Woohyun's whining all day long. So instead, he took his frustration out on Myungsoo by jerking the couch cushion out from underneath him. Sending Myungsoo rolling onto the floor. Nearly, taking Hoya out with him.

"Ya, Gyu hyung!" Hoya jumped just in time and used Dongwoo's shoulder to stabilize himself, "Warn me next time! Gah--!" Dongwoo groggily yawned - stretching his arms out and sending Hoya tumbling down.

"Haha," Gyu laughed, "Why?" 

"Nngg," Myungsoo moaned in pain as he awoke to consciousness and saw everyone standing over him, "I didn't drink last night. Why am I on the floor?"

"Great, now that you're up, go make coffee," Gyu ordered him.

"Hmmm...yeah ok," Myungsoo pulled himself up and stumbled into the kitchen.

 

**********

 

Members, check.

Coffee, check. Everyone's awake.

Infi, check!

Woohyun made everyone form in a circle, after pushing the couch out of the way. "Sit! Sit!" he eagerly ordered, "Form a circle around Infi." 

"Hyung, what is it? Did Infi learn a new trick?" Myungsoo asked as he tickled her little feet.

"Yeah, what is it? What is it?" Dongwoo insisted.

"It's amazing!" Woohyun clapped and leaned over to engage her, "Infi~" he cooed. Finally, it was time to show the world, "Nom nom nom nom nom nom."

Infi giggled, instantly recognizing the tune, "Nom nom nom." 

"Nom nom nom?" Nom nom nom!?" The others repeated in shock - spurring Infi on to say it again and again. 

"Kya~!" she squealed, "Nom!" and started saying it even before they prompted her. Delighted every time they repeated after her. Instead of the other way around. 

"Nom?" Dongwoo blinked, "Her first word is nom?" still completely dumbfounded, "Kyahahaah so cute!" and rolled over on to his side.

"Ah! No!" Myungsoo suddenly jumped up and ran off, "Be right back! Don't say anything!" Returning, he switched on his trusty camera and told everyone, "Start over!"

"Nom nom nom nom nom nom!" Woohyun shouted.

Squee, "Nom nom nom!" Infi was dying laughing. "Oh," she remembered something just then and crawled towards the camera. Thinking, "I'm supposed to face the black square," recalling all the times Myungsoo'd griped about "bad angles and lighting." 

"Oh! Oh! Good job, Infi!" Myungsoo congratulated her, "Say it loud and clear now."

"Good job, baby! Now say Dada," Woohyun caught the others off-guard.

"What, it's not just nom?" Myungsoo gasped, zooming in on her face.

She smiled brightly, turning around to look at Woohyun for some encouragement while covering with her hands - as if to mean, "I'm too shy." But none-the-less, she obliged, "Dada." Reveling in all the resulting praise. 

"Oh my God," Hoya gasped, "You can say dada, too!?"

"Whoah whoah whoah whoah!" Dongwoo exclaimed, "What else can she already say!? Did she just start talking all of the sudden, or has she been talking?" He had so many questions. Honestly, she'd babbled a few words on accident before, but she'd only recently figured out what say means. So, now she could say them on cue.

Meanwhile, Yeol was on the verge of hysteria, "What about Yeol? Can you say Daddy's name? Dada Ye-ol?"

Infi looked at him, practicing it in her head before making the final attempt, "Dada Eool."

"Dada Eol! Dada Eol! That's right, Infi!" He swept her up in his arms to give her a big huge.

Next was Myungsoo, "Now say Dada Myungsoo now."

"Dada Mu..Munneo...Munhoo," she struggled to pronounce the ng and s sounds.

Hoya snickered, "Munhoo, Munhoo. Dada Munhoo~? Where'd the h come from?" 

Infi wasn't sure where the sound came from either, but it was easier than soo. She babbled as such, insulting Hoya for criticizing her awesome skills. 

"Kya~!" Myungsoo's momentarily forgot that he was filming and shook the camera wildly (later making for quite the disorienting experience while re-watching) while spazzing out. 

"Now me! Now Me!" Woohyun took the chance to go next, "Infi, say Dada Woohyun!"

"Easy," Infi thought, and quickly recited, "Dada Woohoon." 

"Dada Woohoon?" Woohyun shockingly replied, "Waa~ My name's Woohoon? Really? This whole time? Whoah! Thank you for teaching Daddy his real name. I'm so happy now!"

Gyu twitched, "It's not your real name, you idiot. She can't pronounce it yet."

"I know that, Hyung. Can't you be happy?" Woohyun griped at him, "Our daughter is talking."

"Yeah, yeah," Gyu sighed, deciding to remain out of this. Secretly, he'd asked her last night what his name was while tucking her into bed. Huhhoo. And, as irresistibly cute as it was, he'd maintain his dignity and not let the others see him fanboy over it.

Meanwhile, Hoya'd taught her, "I say Ho, you say Ya." 

"Ho! Ah! Ho! Ah!" she recited, earning two sweet-tart candies, from him. *Squeeze* her face tensed up from the sour sensation. Flapping her arms back and forth in a fruitless attempt to fight it off.

The boys (including Gyu, secretly in the kitchen) went nuts. Unable to handle her aegyo. Woohyun'd lost the ability to breathe. He was dead. He was dead, on the floor. No resuscitation. Less, Infi raised him from the dead, herself. 

"Dowoo," was next.

"Dowoo, Woohoon, Munhoo, Eol, Hoaa! Fighting!" Yeol brought them all together to perform a group cheer!

Dongwoo couldn't stop laughing long enough to join in, though, "Ya! What about Sunggyu hyung, and Sungjong? Infi say their names too. Sungjong?"

Infi frowned.

"What? What? Why are you making that face, angel?" he sat down next to her, "You can't say Sungjong?"

Infi threw her arms up and waved them around while babbling, "I'm not sure. I don't want too."

"Oohh, I see," Dongwoo pretended to understand, "How about Sunggyu. Say Sunggyu?"

Infi puffed he cheeks up, "Oh alright." She moved on without Sungjong, "Huhhoo, Dada's name is Huhhoo."

"Waa~" the boys announced Gyu's name to him, but Gyu walked away at that point. To resume spazzing in private.

"What the? Hyung!?" Yeol protested, "Aren't you happy?"

"I'm happy, I'm happy! I'm just worried about work right now," Gyu made up an excuse.

"Ah, whatever... Wait!" Hoya announced a second later. "Ya, Infi, what about you?" He laid down on his stomach to get on eye level with her, "Can you say your name? Say In-fi."

Gyu made a 180 spin and ran back outside, "Can she!?" Curiosity winning over dignity as he sat down in front of her - eyes full of anticipation. 

"Oh, I know this one!" she thought, recognizing her own name, "Inpi."

"Inpi?" Myungsoo excitedly clapped, "Your name is Inpi!?" 

"Inpi!" the others squealed, "How cute!"

"Omo," Hoya smiled, "Inpi, you're our little Inppi~." Exaggerating the p sound.

Infi cooed, loving the attention, and rolled over onto her side while babbling, "dabamoohi Inpi."

Gyu couldn't take it anymore and stole a pillow from the couch to bury his face in. 

"Haha! Gyu's having a meltdown!" Hoya alerted the others to rub it in, and Gyu kicked him.

"...Hyung," Myungsoo checked on Dongwoo next to him, "Are you crying?"

Dongwoo nodded, "It's just so beautiful..." blubbering profusely like a mom sending her son off to war.

Hoya had to hug him to keep him from leaving an entire puddle on their carpet, "You crybaby..."

Woohyun coughed, checking his throat, "Aaaah~ and Sungjong's missing it..." 

Myungsoo pouted, "Don't remind me... Let's visit him tomorrow. We can, right?" He directed the question to staff. They could visit the looney bin, right? "He'd love to hear  Infi speak."

Maybe? No? Okay. He glared at PDnim. 

The boys resumed playing with Infi and testing out her vocal comprehension skills all morning. So much so, that they almost missed their first schedule.

"Ya! Get your asses bathed and ready to go!!" Manager-nim shouted.

"I'm going! I'm going!" Yeol shouted as he ran towards the shower - stripping all the way there.

 

**********

 

All day, Woohyun wanted so badly to tell the others that Gyu'd finally agreed to date him, but if he did Gyu'd dump him in a heartbeat.

"Hyung! Let's convert my room into a nursery! I'll move into your room!" 

"What!? No! You are not invading my room!!" Gyu threw his drama script at Woohyun's face.

"Why not!? Infi needs her own room! She can't keep sleeping in my room, she'll grow dependent," Woohyun argued.

"Then move out into the living room!" Gyu irrationally suggested.

"But, but Hyung? How can you make your boyfriend sleep in the living room? Can you sleep at night knowing that I'm out here?" Woohyun drove the image home like a kicked puppy, "On the cold, rough floor. Lonely and unloved? Crying?" He made his lip quiver. 

"Happily," Gyu stormed off, slamming his bedroom door shut.

"...Ouch.." Woohyun collapsed down onto the floor. "Alright then.." He'd need to take this all the way home, and snickered evilly.

He got up to retrieve a few items from his bedroom and promptly set out to build a fort. 

 

**********

 

An hour later, Woohyun'd created a fort approximately a quarter of the size of the living room. Utilizing one side of the couch as a wall, and stringing up four large bedsheets to their ceiling fan. Underneath, he used their coffee table, boxes, and a couple of Infi's toys and strollers to keep the other sides up and out. Inside, he filled it with pillows and stuffed animals. 

"What the--!?" Gyu shouted as he walked out of his room for a late night snack, "What are you doing, Woohyun?"

"Building my new bedroom. What else does it look like?" he poked his head out from a crack between two sheets.

"Are you serious right now, Woohyun? You are a 27 year-old-man building a children's fort in your living room!"

"Hmph!" Woohyun huffed, retreating back into his new room, pursuing the silent treatment.  

"Ya! Nam Woohyun! Dismantle this whole thing right now!" Gyu stomped his foot down, "And go back in your own room!"

Like a stubborn two-year-old, Woohyun refused, "No! I won't! I won't! I refuse!" He shook his head with ambition. "Hmph! Hmph!" he repeated, crossing his arms in defiance as Gyu walked around examining the new structure. 

"Alright then," Gyu sighed while heading over to the light switch. There he waved his index finger underneath the fan's on and off switch. Making sure that Woohyun saw him, "Do I really need to do this?" threatening to demolish all of Woohyun's hard work. "Woohyun, If I turn the fan on, the whole thing falls down. Do you want to be inside when I do it?" 

"Hmph!" Woohyun huffed as loud as he could.

"Aish..." Gyu rolled his eyes, "Do whatever you want..." and left to check on Infi, before getting his snack and going back to bed.

 

**********

 

An hour later Woohyun heard Gyu's bedroom door slam again, "Damn you. Move the over, idiot!" Gyu invaded his fort and curled up on one side (bringing his own pillow and blanket).

"Hyung!?"

"Shut up!"

"Do this mean I can--?"

"SHUT! UP!"

*Wiggle wiggle* Woohyun danced his little happy dance of victory on the floor.

The following morning, he'd certainly wake up to Woohyun snuggling against him.

 

 

++++++++++

 

XD Gyu gave in and slept in Woohyun's fort! Should he let Woohyun move into his room now?

 

Note: The easiest consonants for infants to produce (In English at least) are (m, d, b, n, p, t, w, h). So, there's a lot that Infi can't say yet, but it's coming. And, it should be noted that's she's a bit on the advanced side, though she's only repeating after them. And, she favors 'n' sound, it seems.