I Am...

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

 

 

"Roly-poly, roly-roly-poly!" Mystery Mommy danced around the living room to T-ara's 2011 hit.

"Ooook... T-ara?"

Nope, she exaggeratedly shook her head, again.

"Riiiight," Hoya nodded, "So you're dancing to it because you like this song? You're a dancer!"

*Nodnodnod* 

"Can you give us a hint then?" Myungsoo griped, "Why are you just dancing around? That tells us nothing!"

Ah ha! "You're an idol!" Woohyun shouted.

*Nodnodnod*

"Ok, but we already knew that she's an idol," Gyu bluntly affirmed - obviously staff would choose a female idol. 

"Oh..right.." Woohyun sat back down on the couch, biting his tongue. 

"But, what group? I mean, are you a member of a group?" Jong asked next.

Mystery Mommy waved her arms about to imply, "You're close. Warmer. Warmer." Then she changed the song to Kara's "Mister Mister" and started dancing again.

"You're a member of Kara!" Yeol excitedly guessed.

No, she shook her head but continued swinging her hips in Kara's iconic choreo.

"Ok, you've covered Kara before?" Hoya tried.

"Nonononono", Mystery Mommy shook her right hand violently in response. Wait, she paused, abruptly recalling that she actually had, and switched her answer. Furiously shaking yes yes yes yes yes.

"Wait, then what is it? Have you or have you not?" Woohyun struggled while holding his head so that it wouldn't self-combust on him. Whether it was from his confusion or her overwhelming aegyo.

Next thing, Yeol jumped on top of the couch and announced, "You like shaking your in peoples' faces!" 

Mystery Mommy fell back laughing but nodded her head in agreement. *thumbs up*

"What is this!?" Dongwoo couldn't resist hysterically falling over, himself.

"Ok," Gyu clasped his hands together, "Your group likes y concepts!"

"Yes!" she signaled that they were warmer.

"Ok, that rules out groups like SNSD, Twice, Lovelyz, Apink, Laboum, and GFriend," Jong recounted the negated groups, "Which leaves, EXID, Sistar, AOA, 9 Muses," etc etc. 

Before Jong could finish the list Gyu impatiently jumped in, "Are we correct? Are you a member of one of these groups?"

*Jump jump* Mystery Mommy jumped up and down cheerfully. Holding up her index finger to indicate one last important hint before their final guess.

"Agh! Just tell us already!" Myungsoo whined, turning to the staff, "It's not like she'll leave if we get it wrong, right!?" Meanwhile, Dongwoo (who'd disappeared a moment ago) snuck up behind her and attempted to pull her mask off. Smiling playfully as he got caught.

Next thing they knew, Mystery Mommy grabbed both Dongwoo and Myungsoo. Silently instructing them to stand next to her and copy her movements, beginning with sticking their butts out and stretching their arms out beside it.

"What?" Myungsoo griped, "What are we doing? Why are you making me do this?"

*bop* She lightly hit Myungsoo on the forehead for misbehaving, causing much laughter from the others.

"Just do it Myungie!" Yeol told him, "Here, i'll do it too!" He ran up to join them. 

She continued by showing them that her palms were open flat as she bounced them behind her backside and rolled her hips.

"Ah, ok I got it!" Yeol happily announced, perfectly imitating the movement.

Next, she gestured as if she's holding a bowl with one hand parallel with her chest, and chopsticks with her other hand, robotically eating like a toy soldier.

Hahaha, Dongwoo couldn't stop giggling, snapping his mouth open and shut. 

She then bent her knees to squat and bounce back up again repeatedly as she ate.

"Ah! What is this!?" Myungsoo continued to gripe, yet still obediently following instructions.

"It's cute, that's what it is!" Gyu chuckled.

"Yeah, it's cute so just do it!" Woohyun added.

Dongwoo, watching closely, attempted to follow her exact movements, but she stopped him. Telling him instead to go up when she went down, and down what she went up. Exactly! Only after three more times (in perfect synch) she suddenly mimicked stealing his food. Catching on instantly, he stole it right back, and the two had a 'robotic food fight.' 

"Wahaha I got it now!" Yeol began his own food fight with Myungsoo.

"This!? This the reality you wanted!?" Myungsoo shrieked despite beginning to have fun.

"Hmm.. isn't this familiar?" Gyu concentrated.

Finally, Mystery mommy gave the "ok" sign to the members and the staff. From the top, the four of them performed what they'd just learned without any music.

With the last hint complete Mystery Mommy placed her hand up to her ear and patiently waited for Infinite's final answer.

"Wait! We need to discuss first!" Hoya called for the members to huddle together and talk privately. "I know that i've seen that dance somewhere before," He started.

"We have, we definitely have, but what dance is about hungry robot thieves?" Yeol whined.

"That's bugging me too, but let's start with everything we know so far, " Gyu replied, "She's in a girl group that performs y concepts. She has a perfect S-line, she's full of aegyo, and she's crafty."

"And she hit me," Myung rubbed his forehead, still irritated.

"Yeah, so she's older than Soo?" Yeol guessed.

"Maybe, but what is she's not?" Dongwoo questioned.

"Then she just hit her elder." The boys continued debating what else they knew, throwing out ideas the longer they conversed. 

"Agh..now I'm hungry.." the maknae groaned, "it's past lunch. Hyung, aren't you hung--?"

*blink blink*

"Are you hungry?" Myungsoo asked.

"Are you hungry?" Dongwoo repeated again, giggling. 

"What.." Woohyun sighed, "Ya, we need to figure out who she is first. We cat eat later."  

Gyu chuckled, "Woohyun, you idiot. We just did. We know who she is."

"Yaa~" Hoya nodded, "Of course, staff would call her. Infi already likes her. I bet she'll recognize her too."

"Well? Who is she?" Woohyun looked around, still confused, "Come on guys, tell me?"

"But, which one is she? There's two of them?" Hoya asked, "What were their names again?"

Everyone stared in disbelief at him. Minus Woohyun. Poor clueless Woohyun.

"What? I don't go around memorizing every single female idol's name. I'm not Heechul."

Gyu shook his head, "It's either EXID's Junghwa or Hyerin. Which one do you think it is, Woohyun?"

Woohyun gasped, "EX--EXID!?" He suspiciously popped up out of the huddle (like a meerkat) to get another look at the girl's slim physique, and quickly ducked back down, "Junghwa, Junghwa, Junghwa."

"Oh, really?" the other's , "You sure knew that quick."

"Hold on, aren't you gay?" Jong asked, befuddled. Alas, going unheeded.

"Ok, call!" Gyu disbanded the huddle, and like an official futból referee made the final announcement, "Our final answer is EXID's Junghwa!"

*boing boing boing* Mystery Mommy jumped for joy again, shouting "Are You Hungry!?" as Infi's favorite song started playing.

"Ah ha! We're right, aren't we!?" the boys cheered as they helped her remove her hamster mask.

"Hello Infinite Oppa, It's EXID's Maknae, Junghwa!" she gleefully greeted them, while waiting for the song's chorus - when she turned back into an eating robot. The boys playfully joining her, starting their own food fights.

"Wait!? But you hit me?" Myungsoo still pointed out amongst the good atmosphere, knowing that she's three years his junior.

*smack* Hoya knocked the back of Soo's head, "And now I hit you." 

"Wahaha~" Junghwa laughed and ran to hug Myungsoo, "I'm sorry oppa, but I couldn't scold you with my mouth. Please forgive me," she half-apologized while giggling.

"Yeah, stop whining, Soo. How much sleep did he get last night, Yeol? You should let him rest more or he'll get grumpy," Dongwoo playfully scolded Yeol for Myungsoo's irritability.

"Wow," Jong stood back, alone in amazement, "Really? EXID Junghwa is really my partner!? Really!? Really!? Wow! PD-nim I owe you dinner!" 

It's a maknae-maknae challenge!

 

***********

 

The boys gathered in the kitchen, eagerly watching as Junghwa knelt down to meet Infi for the first time, "Hi Infi, it's mommy."

Infi looked up at her, scanning this new woman from top to bottom, "Who are you? You're pretty," she thought. "I'll give you my choo-choo," she handed Junghwa her toy train piece.

"Ah, really? Thank you," Junghwa took it gladly, "Do you like trains?"

Infi laughed, "I like you," and handed Junghwa a second toy, a big blue block.

"Ooh~ isn't this pretty?" She thanked her. But, before Infi could hand her another one she tried to see if Infi recognized her by singing parts of "Are You Hungry."

"Squee~!" Infi giggled and bounced - attempting to stand up on her own.

"Whoah! I guess we don't have to worry about Infi fussing..." Woohyun mouthed to Gyu- who nodded in return.

"Hey, Jongie go join them?" Woohyun nudged him.

"Ah? Oh, right!" Jong scurried over towards the playpen.

"Wait? If Junghwa is Infi's mommy, where is she living?" the light finally went on in Dongwoo's head as he watched him run off.

"..."

The staff awkwardly addressed the issue, "Here, of course. Sungjong's apartment, to be exact."

"..." Holy. The boys froze for a few seconds in contemplation.

"!!" Gyu finally screamed, warning the others, "Hide your ! If it isn't hidden, hide your !" They all dispersed in a puff of smoke into their own respective units and swiftly hid their (and everything else no young girl should accidentally stumble upon) leaving Jongie cluelessly behind.

PD-nim shook his head. He already knew where all their "" was. They'd each grown too comfortable with the cameras and left them lying around. It all got edited out in final productions, of course. But it was there. It was there.

PD-nim had to explain their bizarre behavior to Jong, "They're panicked because they didn't realize that Junghwa would be living here for a few days"

"Ya! But, won't viewers be concerned about Junghwa living with all of us guys?" Jong reacted.

"Oh, it's no problem. You're all gay anyway," PD-nim casually waved it off.

"But I'm not--!"

"There there," PD-nim rubbed Jongie's back, "You're all gay." He knew everything about Infinite. Even what they didn't know about themselves. 

"I am not--!"

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Junghwa interrupted, "I trust you oppa~."

"You--you trust me? Ya! What's that suppose to me!?" He glowed red with embarrassment.

"Ah! I should take my bags in!" she remembered, only to find that staff had already placed her luggage inside Jongie's apartment.

 

 

**********

 

"Food's here!" Staff announced the arrival of Infinite's order.

"Whoah whoah whoah, You really ordered a lot!" Junghwa clapped.

"Of course, we're hungry! There's enough for you, too," Yeol laughed as he handed her a chicken wing.

"Mmm~" she ate it with Infi sitting in her lap, "Oh, I just remembered. I heard that Sungjong oppa is really taking this seriously, so I decided to sign us up for a parenting class. "

"Oh, really!? Like one of those Mommy and Me courses?" Sungjong squealed.

"Yes, exactly! LE unnie suggested it."

"I love it! When is it?"

"Tomorrow morning at 10."

"I want to go, too!" Woohyun pouted, "Can I go?"

"If you want to, oppa."

"Then I'm going, too!" Woohyun grinned. 

"Me too!"

"Me too!"

"Aish, let's just make it a group outing, why don't we!?" Gyu rolled his eyes, "How can everybody go? It's a one-on-one parenting class, isn't it? And we only have one baby!" 

"Yes Oppa, but they also have those practice babies for expecting mothers. The ones that are super realistic! You can each use one of those," Junghwa noted, "That way we can all practice."

*gulp* Gyu shut up, "Well, in that case..." He didn't want to go.

"Ajja! Then it's settled," Hoya stood up and wrapped his arm around Gyu's shoulder, "We're all taking a parenting class tomorrow morning!"

 

 

++++++++++

 

So, in the end, I decided to choose EXID. 

Hani was too obvious a choice, and I really considered LE, but why not make it a maknae-maknae challenge? haha

There's not much of Infi in this chapter, but there'll be plenty in the next one.