Banshee

Infi The Infinite Infant

 

After the first hour...the second hour...the fourth..every member of Infinite sat in the living room drained of life, in defeat of Infi's persistent wailing. 

"Wahaaa wwhhaa waahaaa!!!!" her nose bright red between tear-stained cheeks. 

"Shh shh Infi, it's ok. I promise," Woohyun repeated as he bounced her in his arms. This was his fourth turn in their rotation plan. Next was Yeol, followed by Hoya. But, that didn't matter anymore. No matter what anyone tried she never ceased screaming. 

"Can none of us silence the banshee?" Myungsoo pleaded.

"Please, Infi let us sleep." Yeol begged, "Honestly, she's as loud as Myungsoo during one of his drunken fits! This is futile."

Taking offense that that, Myungsoo snapped back, ", she's as loud as you, when--," catching himself, "you loud- dolphin!"

Swiftly changing the subject Myungsoo then turned to Dongwoo, "Dongwoo, are you sure she came our of nowhere? Maybe she came from hell?" he mused, "She crawled up from the depths of the earth just to traumatize us."

"She's not a demon. She's a baby, and babies cry..." Dongwoo insisted, his usual cheerful self a thing of the past.

"We've tried burping her, feeding her, changing her, jingling keys in front of her, singing to her. Nothing works!" Gyu vented in frustration, "How is this NOT a demon child!?" 

Woohyun sighed, "she not.. I guess, she just really misses her mommy that much..." Truthfully, they all desperately missed their mothers' right now. 

"Did I cry this much?" Jong wondered out-loud.

"Was I hell-spawn?" Hoya considered, too.

"I was a perfect angel, ask my mother. She'll tell you," Yeol proudly announced.

"Somehow I don't believe that for a second.." Gyu retorted.

"Me neither.." Dongwoo added.

"It's true!" Yeol gritted his teeth, "Mom told me so!"

Jong rolled his eyes, "Ugh, stop it.. this is hard enough without your bickering."

 

*****

 

Moments later, now exhausted and near crying themselves, Infinite hung their heads in shame. The only sound resonating from the dorm was a melodic fusion of Infi's cries and Myungsoo's occasional deranged laughter - on the brink of a psychotic episode.

"That's it!" Gyu stood up and announced before storming into his bedroom and slamming the door, "I'm going to bed!"

Yet 20 minutes later Gyu re-emerged - shoving a stuffed animal in Infi's face - in a half-hearted attempt to either cheer her up or smother her to death. 

"Gyu!" Woohyun scolded him, ripping the fluffy orange stuffed hamster out of his hand, "be gentle with her!"

"I can't be gentle if she can't shut up!" Gyu Daddy admittedly has a few anger management issues.

"Ok, Ok!" Dongwoo grabbed Gyu from behind, "Deep breaths. Deep..breaths. You are not harming an innocent child. She's can't help that she's scared, or hungry, or confused, or maybe she's.. testing our mental stamina... or really was sent to ruin us..." Sadly, even Dongwoo (Mr. Sunshine and Puppies) was starting to believe that Infi was a devil in disguise. 

Gyu coughed and restrained himself, "Not tonight, at least." 

"Uh guys," Jong's voice cut the tension, "look," drawing everyone's attention to Infi's wide-eyed, smiling face - attempting to take the hamster away from Woohyun's grip.

"Oh, does Infi want Hammy?" Woohyun shook the hamster in shock, "Do you want the hamster, little cutie? Here you go." He let her take the stuffed animal.

She instantly cooed and began on it's ear, made a face, then flipped the hamster upside-down to on his bushy tail - to Gyu's disgust.

"Hey, don't do that!" Gyu tried to save his beloved toy from Infi's slobber.

"But she likes it," Myungsoo batted his hand away.

"Yeah, she likes it, and she's finally quiet!" Yeol added, "Bask in the holy silence~."

"Yeah...she's cute.." Gyu begrudgingly grumbled. "Be thankful you little brat. I'll let you have him for now." 

Infi giggled, releasing the now sopping wet mess of fur from .

"Gross," Jong imagined how unhygienic baby toys must be.

"Ah finally," Dongwoo collapsed onto the couch, "She's so cute once she reverts back to human..."

"Our little angel came back to us," Woohyun agreed just before they all fell into deep sleep, leaving Jong all alone to rock an already exhausted Infi into slumber, and place her into their make-shift crib.

It's 10am.

 

*****

*ding ding* The doorbell rang for the fifth time before the door was finally kicked open.

"What the hell is going on!? We've called 70 times! The producers have called 40 times! Lee CEO has called 12 times, and for God's sake, we've called the cops 5 times! Why is no one answering their phones!!?" The managers demanded upon barging into Infinite's dorm.

"Uh what, what," Myungsoo startled awake first, "Ah.. Hyung, aish it's too early. Let me go back to sleep--" he protested before rudely being cut off.

"Early? EARLY!? It's 7 pm! You've already missed 3 schedules!" 

"What!?" Myungsoo, Hoya, Yeol, Jong, Woohyun and Gyu all shrieked in unison, "It's seven!?" 

"Ugh my head," Hoya groaned. Having your managers yelling at you first thing was not the best way to greet the day.

"What time did we go to sleep?" Woohyun muttered in a daze, as the room filled with hushed whispers, as they realized their situation and desperately looked to each other to figure out what they should do.

Meanwhile, the managers were taking the moment to process the scene, "Why is everyone collapsed on the living room floor?"

"Uh," Gyu barely managed to pull himself into a sitting position, "I'm sorry, we had a long night..." 

"A long night? As in drinking?"

"We, no...--uh yeah. We.." Gyu struggled to come up with a feasible lie to replace, 'Oh we just took in an infant off the side of the street, who turned out to be the spawn of Satan and a particularly finicky banshee, and so yeah, long night. My ears are still bleeding.'

To save the day Jong got everyone's' attention by standing up and bowing, "I'm sorry, it's all my fault. I've been feeling really depressed lately, and the others were trying to cheer me up. We just got carried away sharing stories last night, and fell asleep later than we thought." Thankfully, Jong had also had the foresight to move the crib, and all 'baby evidence' into the closet hours earlier. Otherwise, they'd be in a lot of trouble. 

The managers exchanged glances and began to feel bad for him. "I understand how you may feel Sungjong. All of you must be going through hard times, but try your best to stay positive, and at least let us know what's going on. You can come to us if you need someonw to talk to, too, you know. Please, don't let it all bottle up and result in a massive incident like this again."

"Yeah, i'm really sorry," Jong bowed his head, signaling for everyone else to put on their best pouty-faces. Everyone but Yeol, that is.

"No, that's not true!" Yeol, loudly interjected, "It's not true at all!"

The death glares he recieved from s sent shivers down his spine, yet he persisted. 

The managers both looked at him in shock, "What, Yeol? Then what did happen last night?"

"We all had !" he boldly announced.

*blink blink*

"Everyone in the living room?" Hoya gasped - trying to connect Yeol's logic.

"With our clothes still on?" Myungsoo's perspective prioritized clothes over the implication of an Infinite .

"Dammit, Sungyeol!," Gyu jumped up, grabbing Yeol by the collar, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Yeol smile's slowly faded - fear filling his eyes, "Oh come on, I was just trying to lighten the mood."

But, Gyu clearly wasn't amused, "Get out! I'm firing you! Pack your bags and leave right now!" he man-handled Yeol out their front door.

"But, but you can't fire me!" Yeol screamed in protest, "How the hell am I suppose to--" Gyu slammed the door on hin. "...pack my bags..when you've already locked me out.." Yeol looked around, hearing giggles, "Wait.. Sunggyu hyung. Sunggyu hyung! You can't lock me outside in my pajamas!!! LET ME BACK IN!!! HYUNG!!" 

Outside all the ruckus layed Dongwoo, snorring, still unshaken by all the noise. Secretly he'd awoken hours earlier to Infi's whimpering, played with her, and fed her a few cheerios.

 

++++++++++

 

Yikes, that was close. 

Oh the challenges Infinite appas will face. *gulp* Guess what challenge #2 is. #3? #4? Will Infi be able to crawl her way into Gyu's heart? Will the managers find out? Will fans find out? teehee.