Contract

Infi The Infinite Infant

Note: Infi can communicate with the dogs. lol

 

++++++++++

 

"Buing buing," Dongwoo giggled as he bounced Infi on his knee.

"Hehehehe," she giggled back, slapping her arms around in joy.

"Waa~ Now the bouncy castle's turning into an airplane," he played. Getting up from his chair and holding her up in the air. "Wiii~!" he squealed as he stumbled around the room. "Going low, and going up~! Low again, and around in circles!"

"Dong--Dongwoo Hyung, isn't that too dangerous?" Hoya panicked as he chased him around the living room. 

"Relax, it's fine~" Dongwoo laughed, "She loves it!" spinning around.

"No! No, it's not! The staff's freaking out!" he shouted.

Eventually, he'd managed to snatch her away from his drunk lover, "Ok, how about--"

But Infi cut him off when he'd heard her sniffle. Sad that her fun ride had abruptly ended.

"Omo omo," Hoya quickly tried to soothe her by holding her back up into the air. But, he didn't wave her around so she still cried.

"Aaahhhaaa! Aish," Dongwoo rebelled, "Give her back to me! My baby's upset! Give her to me!"

"No!" Hoya dodged his hands, "You're not sober enough to care for her right now!" 

"What!?" Dongwoo was offended, "I'm not that drunk!"

"Yes, you are! You were just stumbling around like a big oaf! And, you nearly dropped her!"

"No, I didn't!" he denied it.

"Yes, you did! And if you don't sit down and behave I'll swear I'll..." Well, Hoya didn't want to finish that sentence. Honestly, he didn't want to be the adult in the relationship, either...

"...Fine..."

But Infi was still fussy, so Hoya had to come up with something. 

"Gah, Hoya, the plane! The plane!" Dongwoo still whined.

"What?" Hoya frowned. "Ah, right...Oh, I know," he had an idea. It wasn't Daddy Dongwoo's plane, but it was a plane. So he got down onto the floor, rolled over and balanced Infi on top of his feet. That got her attention.

"What's going on?" she asked herself as she looked around, all confused, "Why are you laying down? I want you to run around!"

"Careful, careful," Hoya repeated to himself. Holding up both hands just in case she tipped over. "Waa~ What about this plane, baby?"

"Ne? I don't know," she fussed at first. But after a little while, she liked it. "Hehe," she began giggling again. But it still wasn't as fun as Daddy Dongwoo's plane. 

But this plane did have one better thing. "Daddy's feet smell funny~" She giggled as she pulled on his toes and started on one.

"What the?" Hoya was confused as . Looking over at the staff, "Is this really happening?"

It was and Dongwoo was in hysterics, "She's on your big toe! Your big toe! Hahahahaha!"

"Ai..Infi, please stop that," Hoya pleaded as he carefully pulled his legs back down, and detached her from his foot.

"No~!" she protested, "No, my binky! Give back my chicken flavored binky!"

"Ai..?" Hoya still didn't know what to do. "Ah, oh!" so he opted to put his thumb in .

Dongwoo completely lost it at this point. He wasn't drunk enough to forget this by morning. But, certainly not sober enough to be any help.

Nicki to the rescue! She'd been watching the whole ordeal from her bed and finally decided to walk over.

"Nicki?" Hoya pouted at her, "Do you know what to do?"

Nicki replied by sniffing his face, before him. Taste-testing Infi's chicken theory, "Yeah, Daddy does kind of taste like chicken."

"He does~!" Infi smiled. 

Nicki him again.

"Ah, why? Nicki," Hoya whined, "I'll play with you in a little while. Right now I'm busy, honey."

Infi giggled, still on his thumb.

In any case, the baby stopped crying.

And Dongwoo'd passed out.

 

**********

 

The next morning Dongwoo woke up with a slight hangover, "Ugh, what have I done?"

"What didn't you do? You nearly murdered Infi!"

"Ai, what!?" Dongwoo freaked out, "I did? Is she ok? Is she hurt? Where's my baby!?" He ran into her bedroom, "Oh my God! Where's my baby!?" he shrieked again when she wasn't in her crib.

Hoya shook his head in shame, and told him before he caused a huge ruckus, "Sleeping in Nicki's bed."

"Wai--what? Nicki?" Dongwoo ran back out to their living room, "Infi! What are you doing in there!?" he scolded her, "That's Nicki's bed, Baby. Not your bed." 

"Hyung, relax."

"No, I will not relax! Wait? You let her sleep here!?" he complained. "How could you let our daughter sleep in a dog bed!?"

"Ah, but.." he hadn't imagined that his hyung would be so upset about it. "But she looked so peaceful, and Nicki didn't mind. Just look at them, they look so cute together."

"Cute!? Cute? Sure, but it's also dangerous!" Dongwoo snapped, "What if Nicki had a dream and kicked her, or-or what about the germs? Yah! You bathed Nicki the other day, but who knows what kinds of germs she's kicked up since then. And Infi slept in them! Wait? How long did you let her sleep in them!?"

"Al--not too long," he lied. They'd all slept in the living room that night. What else could he do? Dongwoo was the adult, usually. With him out for the count, he couldn't parent right. So, he'd asked Nicki to help. 

And it worked fairly well, too. Infi didn't fuss as much when Nicki was around. All she wanted to do was cuddle with her. But, Hoya was damned if he tried to pry them apart before Infi was ready to let go.

"Aish.." Dongwoo groaned as he picked up their sleepy little girl. Hoya'd allowed her to break curfew too... "Come here, Infi. Daddy's going to give you a bath, ok?" and handed her to Hoya. "As for me, I'm going to make some peppermint tea for my head."

"..Ne..." Hoya accepted his fate without much fight.

 

**********

 

"Ya!" Yeol yelled, "Give that back to me!" as he chased Spiri across the dorm. "Woohyun! Your mutt's stolen my underwear again! She has a taste for my flesh!!!"

"Flesh?" Gyu cocked his eyebrow and corrected him, "Your scent. Not your flesh, you idiot. I'm the only one she bites." 

"Ya! Ya, don't you dare!" Yeol cornered her by the kitchen, "Don't you do it!" before she could rip it up. Like his other articles of clothes.

"Aish, Yeol," Woohyun finally got out of bed to come get her. "Have you tried not leaving all of your clothes on the floor?"

"No! Have you tried teaching her not to eat my things!?" Yeol scowled at him.

"Aish, she only wants to play with you. Right, Spiri?" He coddled her in his arms, "She's a baby. You have to treat her like Infi. She doesn't know any better."

 "Ya! Then you should train her! Infi's not this much of a menace!" Yeol screeched, "And I won't play with her if all she wants to do is destroy my !"

Gyu agreed, "Seriously, Woohyun. She's bitten me four times this week..." while showing him his bandaged left hand, "I can't play piano like this." She'd also gotten his ankle the other day. 

"Alright..." Woohyun pouted. He knew it was for the best. He did feel bad about Gyu's hand...even if it was Spiri's way of punishing Gyu for being mean to her Daddy all of the time. And, it wasn't like they were ordering him to send her back to the shelter. He wouldn't know what to do if it came that...so he signed her up for a doggie training school that night. 

 

**********

 

Two days later, Woohyun insisted that everyone come with him when he dropped her off at the school. 

"Thanks for coming everyone. I really need your support," he sniffled as he carried her towards the front desk.

"Aigoo~" Dongwoo patted him on the back, "It's ok, it'll be fine, and Spiri will come back knowing all sorts of fun tricks."

"Ngh," Woohyun groaned, "but I love her just the way she is. She doesn't need to learn any new tricks."

"Ya, except not biting me," Guy glared at him. Walking faster than the others to hurry this whole ridiculous mourning party up. "Ne. We're here to drop off Nam Spiri, the Shepkita."

The receptionist politely greeted him and pulled out all the paperwork to sign her in. Gyu filled it out - because Woohyun wasn't about to stop hugging his furry baby. 

"What's this smell?" Spiri sniffed the vase behind Woohyun's shoulder, "Are you a dog too? You're a funny looking guy. Oop!" She accidentally tipped it over. Thankfully Yeol'd noticed and caught it before it broke. 

"Smell? Omo Wiii~ Oh..." Infi perked up, "But, what is this place?" She was just as confused as Spiri was - as she turned around to scan the room while in Hoya's arms. "Oh! I see more puppies!" and spotted a class in the other room. She giggled as one of them jumped for a treat. "They have nom noms."

"Nom noms?" Spiri cocked her ears, "I want nom noms."

"Uwa~" Woohyun was startled when Spiri attempted to jump out of his arms. "Spiri what's the matter?"

"Hyung, I think she wants to play with the other dogs," Jong guessed.

"What?" Woohyun gasped, "You're already ready to abandon me? Spiri, once you go in there, we won't see each other for four days!"

Spiri didn't understand what her daddy was so fussy about. She just his face to calm him down.

"Whoah! They teach cats too!" Myungsoo smiled as he caught a glimpse of another room full of cats, and watched a trainer teach a tabby to come on command.

Yeol stood there gasping beside him, "Ne, do you want to leave Byul here too?" he wondered out loud.

"What!?" Myungsoo stared at his boyfriend in disbelief, "Ya! What do you mean by that? Byul's a perfectly behaved angel! Do you'd think I'd ever leave her with some stranger!?"

"Perfectly behaved, my ," Yeol quietly groaned, "More like spoiled brat..." 

Whoops...

Meanwhile, Woohyun was holding back his tears, "But I have to leave my baby with strangers..."

"Get a grip, Nam..." Gyu rolled his eyes. Still insensitive to this whole scenario. "Aish, it's like your sending your first born child off on their first day at Pre-K..." Honestly, he'd be just as choked up one day when he'd have to let his own child leave for school. But...this was a dog. A dog that Woohyun had only had for about a week.

"Ya!" Woohyun glared at him, "She's my baby. Of course, I'm upset. I love her."

"I know, I know, but it's only four days. And, it's for her own good," Gyu continued before handing the receptionist the completed forms.

"Ok, now if you'd follow me," the nice lady instructed, "I'll show you inside. Where you'll come to pick up your sweet little girl in a few days." 

Dongwoo and Jong had to push Woohyutn inside, "Come on Hyung, all you have to do is lift your feet. Dongwoo and I will do the rest."

Yeol shook his head and pulled Myungsoo along with him, "We'll have to carry him."

"Ne?" Myungsoo was hesitant at first, but soon wrapped his arms around Woohyun's legs, "On 1 2--"

"No, No! I'll walk! I'll walk!" Wooohyun shouted just before getting hoisted into the air. But he wasn't walking fast enough...

"Ah!" Hoya had an idea just then. "Infi, can you help me?" he asked before running in front of them and putting Infi on the floor, "Infi, let's play. Run towards the doggies. Go. Run, Baby." 

"Kya! Gladly," Infi took off wobbling into the other room. Right past a laughing Daddy Gyu. 

"Play? Play!?" Spiri's ears perked up and she began to squirm, "I want down, down down down!" she demanded until she was able to squeeze loose, and darted after her.

"Spiri--!" Woohyun was dumbstruck...A statue of forgotten ashes, "You really abandoned me..."

Dongwoo hugged him, "You'll be ok. Everything will be ok."

"But...but.." Woohyun cried as he detached his hyung from his body and ran after her, "Spiri how can you be so heartless?"

Spiri barked happily, seeing him chase after her - and ran off even further into the room to play with the other dogs. Since Gyu had already snatched up Infi - just in case one of the other dogs played rough.

"Gah..." he collapsed to his knees, "She doesn't love me at all..."

There was nothing they could do... Well, nothing that the others wanted to do. If they helped him re-catch her he'd never let go again.

"Ok, time to go," Gyu grabbed him by the back of his collar and dragged him off, "And no. As much as you need training, too, you can't stay with her."

"Remember to be a good girl, Spiri," Woohyun cried as he was forced to leave her. "I'll miss you, but you have to be on your very best behavior. Promise me, ok!?"

But Spiri was too busy playing that she didn't even notice them leaving.

"What?" Infi kept looking behind them though. She noticed, "But Spiri? Where's Spiri?" she started fussing while trying her hardest to escape from Gyu's grasp.

"Uh oh," Jong noticed, "I think she knows that we left Spiri behind."

"Pi" Infi recognized her name, "Pi! Pi!" she shouted.

"Omo," Gyu attempted to soothe her by bouncing her in his arms, "We'll come back to get her. She's just at school right now."

"Ne, that's right," Yeol rubbed her back, "We're not abandoning her. You can still play with her when she gets back."

 It didn't work. Even Myungsoo making funny faces behind Gyu's back was useless.

"..."

"Ah, give her to me," Woohyun sighed. "He'd already lost one baby today. Maybe holding the other one would help them both feel better.

 

**********

 

Two days had passed and Woohyun was still a wreck, "Even when I call the school to hear her voice, I'm still sad..."

"That's--that's depressing, but we're about to start an interview right now, Hyung," Hoya reminded him. Not to be cruel, but Inspirit would worry about him if they knew how depressed he was.

"Oh..right," Woohyun shook his head to snap out of it and pretend to be happy again. 

"Idiot," Gyu sighed, "Don't pretend to be happy when you're not. Just tell them that you miss your dog. If not, they'll realize it anyways. And come up with their own wrong theories.." Woohyun nodded. In the end, he confessed to not feeling well but didn't go into much detail. 

After the interview, Gyu received a phone call.

"Ne? Oh..oh..I see.."

"Hyung?" Myungsoo could tell that it wasn't good. "What's wrong? Who is it?"

Gyu hung up before answering him, "Our manager. He wants to meet with all of us tonight."

"What why?" Woohyun was really worried now, "Did we do something wrong?"

"No, it's just that..."

"Hyung?"

"Ne," Gyu forced a smile on his face, "I'm sure it'll be fine. He just wants to tell us something."

 

**********

 

The police had confirmed that the deceased woman was Infi's biological mother and that they could not locate any other biological relatives.

Manager-nim sighed, "As of now, CPS has officially listed Infi up for adoption."

"What!!?" 

He nodded, "She has no known family members and the DNA analysis came up empty. There's no other route accept finding her a good home now."

"But--but!" Woohyun couldn't take it any longer. "How can you do this to us!?"

"Yeah!" Myungsoo demanded, "Yeol and I haven't even had our second turn yet!"

"That's right!" Jong added, "What about the show? Will they let us keep her until we finish filming?"

Manager-nim nodded, "Yes, we will get to keep her a while longer. The adoption procedure can take up to a few months to finalize. So CPS has allowed us to keep fostering Infi until a suitable home is found."

"..." Gyu was the only one who was able to keep quiet this whole time. Not because he was distant from it all, but because he simply dealt with his emotions differently than the rest. Woohyun took it as a sign of contempt, however.

"How can you stay so silent right now!!??" he'd cursed him, "You ! They're taking her from us!"

"...That was the original contract..."

With five words he'd shattered his friendship with all 6 members. "I'm going to bed."

 

**********

 

Woohyun refused to sleep in the same bed with him that night. After all of that begging, and all of the progress he'd made... Right now. Gyu made him sick to his stomach. And honestly, Gyu was a little relieved. He couldn't sleep at all. 

Elsewhere, Yadong stayed up all night to have a serious conversation. One that they really needed to have in private, so they'd handed Infi off early to Myungyeol. 

"Here, go ahead and take her. We've already spent enough time with her."

"What? Really?" Myungsoo was shocked.

"Ne, I..It's alright. We'll get to see her later on. You two need to spend more time with her..." Hoya confessed.

"If--If that's really, ok?" Myungsoo softly smiled, "We'll take her."

 

*Click click click* Gyu typed on his keyboard later that night After he was certain that Woohyun was asleep. 

Name: Kim Sunggyu

Occupation: Idol

Marital Status: ...

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: 1 dog

Housing: a Large communal penthouse with a big yard.

Criminal History: No

Education, medical history etc. He secretly filed out everything to officially adopt Infi. 

Adding that, yes, he wouldn't be able to personally give Infi round-the-clock attention due to his busy schedule. But, he was surrounded by s and staff who all loved her. He typed up an entire essay to persuade CPS to let Infinite officially keep Infi. It wouldn't be a traditional home environment, but it'd be full of love.

Citing himself and Woohyun as her legal parents. He hoped "engaged" was enough to satisfy them. Most agencies wouldn't give a baby to an unmarried couple. 

 

 

++++++++++

 

T.T It was the original contract...