1.30 - Part 3 of Channel Switch - Hello Baby Edition: Bonding Further

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo wakes up the next morning in a daze, confused about her surroundings. She looks to her left and feels a little more comfortable to see Rose fast asleep next to her. From the kitchen she can hear the sounds of pots clanging and the scent of food being cooked. Rising into a seated position, Jisoo sees the boys - Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook - laying along the opposite wall from her and Rose. Where’s Lisa, Taehyung and Jin?

“Hey, you’re up?”

Jisoo looks back towards the kitchen to see Jin grinning at her. Her automatic response is to grin back, excited not just by the scent of his cooking but by him himself. She struggles out of the sleeping bag and rushes to the kitchen where Jin has turned his attention back to the stove.

Jisoo wraps her arms around his torso and places her cheek on his back as he stirs whatever is in the pan. She says in a groggy voice, “Good morning~”

Jin snickers and tries his best to lean back in response to her hug, replying with, “It is a good morning, isn’t it?”

Jisoo lets go of him so she can look at what’s in the pan, “What are you cooking?”

“Kimchi pancakes. I also prepared rice and side dishes. Can you help me set the table?”

Jisoo nods excitedly before hopping around the kitchen to find utensils and plates. Jin laughs while watching her, “Why are you so excited right now?”

“I just feel super happy!” Jisoo responds, placing the bowls and utensils around the table in neat and uniform places. She stops bouncing when she feels Jin wrap his arms around her from behind and press his chest onto her back, returning the backhug from earlier as he says, “I’m glad you are.”

Jisoo grins and swivels in his arms to face Jin. She places her hands on either side of his face and squishes his cheeks, “Do you want to know why I’m so happy?”

“Why?” Jin asks while his face is being squished.

“Because our friends are happy and reunited, but also because I woke up and there you were.” Jisoo shakes her head in wonder while staring into his eyes, “I’m just feeling lucky to have you.”

Jin grins and takes her hands off his face before leaning in to kiss her.

“Oh my God, can you not do that here?” A voice interrupts. The couple break apart to find Taehyung looking at them with a grossed out expression and a sleepy Lisa next to him.

“Yah! I’m making you breakfast! Don’t bother me,” Jin scolds.

Lisa yawns and approaches the stove lazily to look at the finished products. She gasps, “Whoa, oppa! This looks so good! Can I eat right now?”

“We’ll have to wake everyone,” Jin says. He sighs and reluctantly lets go of Jisoo so he can wake everyone else. As he passes Taehyung he says, “Way to .”

Taehyung snickers, “My pleasure.”

“Ho ho, hyung!” Jimin hollers, walking up to the dining table. “You’ve outdone yourself, seriously.”

“Are those kimchi pancakes?!” Jungkook notices, standing next to Jimin.

“Yes, now hurry and eat because I don’t know how much time we’ve got here.” Jin responds.

Immediately they all find their spots at the table and eat the delicious homemade food. Rosé finishes early to feed Chanhyun his milk.

After the food is gone, Jimin asks, “So what’s the plan for today?”

“I, uh, have plans with a friend,” Namjoon says, a little suspiciously. As if on cue, his phone dings from a notification. “I’m actually leaving soon.”

“I’m heading to the studio,” Hoseok says with a heavy sigh, “I’ve got a lot of work to do on the mixtape.”

“When’s that coming out, by the way?” Jin asks, clearing the table.

Hoseok groans, “Don’t ask. I don’t have an answer.”

“Hyung, can I come along and see what you’ve got so far?” Jimin asks.

Hoseok contemplates it then responds, “I guess, just as long as you’re there to help.”

Jimin exclaims, “I get to help? Yes!”

“What about you, Lisa? What do you want to do?” Taehyung asks.

“Oh, have her stay a while longer!” Taehyung’s mom urges. “I have so many photos of you I’d like to show her.”

Lisa claps excitedly, “I guess I’m doing that ummeoni!”

Taehyung whines, “No~”

“Well I want to go to My Little Sweets,” Jisoo says, staring at Jin as she does, hinting for him to come along. “I’m craving their cupcakes and I miss Aejeong halmeoni.”

Getting the hint, Jin asks, “Can I come along? I miss halmeoni too.”

Jisoo grins, “Oh sure!”

“Rosé?” Jungkook asks, turning to look at Rosé as she bounces Chanhyun in her arms lightly while pacing the kitchen.

“Hm? I guess I’ll take Chanhyun home.”

“I’ll go with you,” Jungkook joins.

“Great! Move out, team!” Namjoon instructs after reading the text he received. He hurries to clean up, followed by the rest of them. They each thank Taehyung’s mom for letting them stay the night and for the stroller she’s giving them to use for the baby before leaving.

“Now,” Taehyung’s mom says while eagerly dropping a stack of albums on the dining room table, “Where should we start?”

Lisa gasps and takes a seat at the dining table, equally excited to look through the photos. Taehyung, on the other hand, sighs in defeat, “This is going to be a long morning.”

Jisoo taps on the store window lightly, catching the attention of the little old lady standing behind the counter. When Aejeong looks up to see the two figures, she recognizes them despite their masks. When she sees them, a bright grin stretches across her face as she rushes to open the locked door for them.

“Oh, my favourite couple has finally come to visit again!” Aejeong greets, letting the two of them in before locking the door behind them.

“How are you, halmeoni?” Jisoo asks, hugging Aejeong.

“I’m having a bit of cough due to the weather, but other than that, I’m doing good for my age!” Aejeong cackles while embracing Jisoo tightly. She lets go and moves on to Jin, “Young man, boy am I happy to see your handsome face!”

“Likewise,” Jin grins, hugging Aejeong before letting go and handing her a neatly wrapped bottle of ginseng. “Perhaps this will help your cough?”

“Oh, I’m blushing!” Aejeong takes the bottle with another cackle. She places a hand on either of their backs and rushes them to a booth, “The store isn’t open for another hour, so the two of you are free from the public for that long. The goodies are still being baked, but I’ll whip you up some coffee.”

“In that case, may we please get two white chocolate mochas?” Jisoo orders, taking a seat across from Jin in the booth.

“Certainly!” Aejeong says, her excitement evident as she nearly bounces to the kitchen to make their coffee.

“I love her so much,” Jisoo sighs.

“I can’t believe someone as great as her exists.” Jin agrees.

Jisoo laughs lightly, “But was she hitting on you earlier?”

Jin winks at Jisoo, “I hope so.”

“Here are your drinks!” Aejeong says, placing a large, steaming cup of their order with a mountain of whipped cream on top in front of each of them. “I’ll be in the back again, but holler if you need anything!”

“Thank you so much,” Jisoo says sincerely.

“Oh, it’s no trouble!” Aejeong says, waving a hand in front of her face. “But make sure to name your first born after me!”

Jin laughs while Jisoo chokes on her sip of coffee. He turns to Aejeong, “I couldn’t think of a more beautiful name.”

Aejeong practically giggles as she walks away. When she’s gone, the table is silent for a few moments, both of them thinking of what to say. Jisoo breaks their silence by asking, “So, Oppa… how are you? It’s been a while since we’ve gotten the chance to talk alone like this.”

“I’m doing fine,” Jin says with a nod, trying to recall the last few wee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter