No. 5

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you excited to be heading home so soon?” Her nurse chimed happily, removing the bandage on her leg and carefully inspecting the nearly healed over cut, “Today’s your last day here!”

“I’m glad” Mina said quietly, staring at the cut intently.

Her bruises from the accident had faded slightly… soon it would be like nothing had happened. It would all be business as usual.

“Cheer up Mrs. Oh” The nurse said, in a softer voice.

Mina glanced at her and tried to smile. The older woman’s expression was thoughtful before suddenly brightening up.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you! Another one came!” The woman said as she rushed out of her room. Mina held her breath and sat up in the bed.

The nurse hurried back in, in her arms was another vase full of flowers; pink camellias. She handed them to Mina as she took them with a small smile on her face. She leaned in and inhaled their sweet scent. She glanced at the 7 vases scattered around her room, one for every day she had stayed aside from the first day and her smile widened. She reached for the small card in the flowers and opened it.

‘From a friend’ it read.

“I looked them up” Her nurse said with a glimmer in her eyes.

Mina laughed, “I thought I told you, no one thinks about the meaning of flowers anymore. They just pick out nice ones and send them”

“They mean ‘longing for you’, isn’t that sweet?” She asked.

Mina glanced back down at the flowers in her hands, taking one and silently touching the petals on it.

“What means longing for you?” Sehun asked, having walked in while they were both distracted.

She let her hands fall away from the flower and instead gripped the vase tightly.

“The flowers someone sent the young miss here!” Her nurse said with a wink.

Mina’s smile fell away because at once she realized that like any normal person her nurse had assumed that the flowers were loving gifts from her husband. She glanced down at them and back at Sehun, whose face changed with distaste as he looked around the flower filled room before fixing his dark eyes on the ones in her arms. A moment passed where she could see the gears turning in his head before he blinked and pushed the wheelchair further in.

“I don’t need a wheelchair” She said quietly, swinging her legs off the side of the bed and hopping off. She winced at the faint pain that coursed through her body before staring back at him.

“You were hospitalized from an accident caused by… exhaustion. There’s going to be reporters out there, you’re leaving in a wheelchair” He insisted, grabbing her bag and packing away the rest of her things.

Mina wanted to argue against it, but instead fell silent. This was a battle that she would be willing to give up, besides she felt humiliated enough from the accident itself. The fact that the doctor had refused to let her leave without at least “supervising” her for a couple of days only worsened her humiliation. She had tried to explain it away, the accident, everything, but no one had listened to her. A counselor had come in off the books, but Mina had refused to talk to him. Finally, Sehun had stepped in and gotten them to back off. She would have been more grateful if she hadn’t known that it was all so that no one would think his wife was mentally ill.

Which she wasn’t. She knew what her doctors had thought though. It wasn’t completely untrue she would admit, she hadn’t driven off the road on purpose, but she had reacted late. She didn’t know why, she couldn’t explain it herself. There had just been a moment in which she had gone blank.

“Will you get someone to get rid of these flowers after we’re gone” Sehun asked the nurse, turning and taking the camellias that Mina had been holding before she had begrudgingly climbed into the wheelchair.

“I want them” Mina spoke firmly.

Sehun turned to her, his brows furrowed as he glanced at the flowers with a well-practiced face of distaste. When the first vase had come he had let it slide. He had read the card when she was asleep and since then every single stupid delivery that came bothered him more and more. Who was this friend who cared so much that he would send flowers to another man’s wife? He frowned, the thought that it could be a female friend had crossed his mind, but his own instincts didn’t let him buy it. So therefore he had been eagerly counting down the days until they could get rid of them. The fact that she liked them so much just made it worse.

“No”

“Why not?”

“They’re ugly” He snapped, hiking her bag over his shoulder and taking hold of the wheelchair.

She planted her feet on the ground stubbornly.

“They’re mine, I want them!” She snapped back, turning in the chair to look back at Sehun.

“I’m allergic to them” Sehun said dryly, fixing her with an equally stubborn glare.

“You’re allergic?” She said, the disbelief plain in her voice.

“Yeah. Ah. Choo.” He said, his eyes challenging her with his fake sneeze. Her jaw clenched with anger as she broke the stare and sat back in the wheelchair, lifting her feet and gripping the handles so tightly her knuckles turned white.

Mina glanced around, making sure her nurse was gone.

“I hate you” She said, meaning every word.

Sehun felt a very real shock run through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter