No. 18

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They went on vacation” Baekhyun’s father said into the phone.

Baekhyun let out an incredulous laugh.

“You’re joking”

“I wish. I had heard rumors that their relationship is not as good as it sounds, but at this point it’s probably all it is, just rumors” His father cursed.

It’s not all rumors.

“I heard about a possible other woman though I don't know if that will lead to anything. Have you heard anything about this?”

“No” Baekhyun lied calmly, “I should go though, I’ve got some errands to run. Call me when they get back”

“Alright son, take care”

The line went dead and Baekhyun sat in his chair as he stared at his phone. Once again, he tried her number although the reason as to why she wasn’t answering was clear as day now.

A vacation…   

Baekhyun laughed as he ran a hand through his hair. Ridiculous. It was ridiculous. He had seen the look on her face when Sehun was brought up, he had seen the unhappiness in her eyes, what had changed? he fiddled with the phone in his hand and tried to think. He had been operating under the blind assumption that Sehun did not love his wife. Really, it did little to change anything. It nagged at him slightly though, the possibility of being so wrong.

 

~~~~~~

 

The rain fell in a steady rhythm. Mina laid awake in bed and watched as each droplet fell against the tall windows in her room. Her mind was far away, back in time, recalling moments lost. There was an ache in her heart as she wondered if Sehun was asleep. It was late, she realized as she to her back and tried to sleep. Moments passed by until she got tired of trying. She stood up and moved to the edge of her bed, her bare feet gingerly touching the cold floor. She went to the window, there was nothing out there, but a view of the trees behind the curtain of rain falling. She pressed her forehead onto the cool glass and closed her eyes.

Doubt swam around in her, coupled with apprehension, worry, happiness, and excitement.

The constant fluttering of her heart was becoming more and more impossible to ignore with every second. She wondered if it wouldn’t be impossible to stay here, to leave everything behind truly. She would do it, if it meant having him. She would leave the money, the house, the car, everything if it meant preserving the flickering flame of hope that had sparked. The first real hope she had seen since the beginning. For that she would give it all up, because she loved him. With every fiber of her being she loved him, just like the first time she had laid eyes on him, loving him was something she would never regret regardless of what happened between them.

She shook herself.

I’m getting ahead of myself. I need some water and then to go to sleep.

Mina stepped out of her room as quiet as a mouse. The rain helping to hide the soft footsteps she made as she paused and glanced in the direction of the bedroom he was staying in. She wondered if he was asleep once again, she shook her head, instead turning towards the kitchen. The occasional flashes of lightning lit her path as she made her way towards the kitchen. She had almost made it when she froze mid step at the silhouette of the tall man standing at the window. His hands were buried into his pockets as he simply stared out.

No matter which way she spun it, she should have just went back to her room.

“Couldn’t sleep either?” He asked, turning around.

He had heard her coming long before she had noticed him. It had occurred to Sehun to let her walk away, it seemed like the smart idea, but his own words betrayed him.

“I was just getting some water” She said.

“Come look at the view from here” He offered.

“That’s ok, I saw it earlier today” She said in a whisper, digging her nails into her palm to keep her focus.

“It’s different in the rain, come on” He offered, waving her over.

To her embarrassment, she didn’t hesitate as she walked over and stood besides him. She tried to focus on the landscape before them, but it was the last thing on her mind.

“It’s nice” She said quietly, goosebumps rippling on her skin when she felt him move so that he stood behind her.

He took a step closer so that there was no longer any space between them. Her breath hitched as his fingers gently ran from her shoulder to her hand.

“I’ve missed you” He whispered, fingers interlocking with hers. He had missed her, he had missed being happy with her, he missed the way they used to be before everything got so messed up.

She could have tried to speak, if she had been positively sure that she was able to form words. She shuddered and stepped away when she felt his breath on the back of her neck. His hand tightened around hers for a split second before letting go. She turned to face him and stopped, unsure of what she wanted to say, only beginning to think more clearly now that there wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter