No. 26 - (The Past, Pt. 3)

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s happening to him?!” Min Ji screamed.

“There must’ve been a clot, It travelled up and caused an embolism” The doctor explained.

“No” Mina whispered.

“You did this to him! This is your fault!” She cried out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mina woke up shaking. She sat up from the couch she had laid back in and tried to calm herself. For a moment she forgot where she was, she forgot it was her day, she forgot that everything that had happened was now going to be part of the past.

“Well I am surprised that you didn’t ruin your hair while taking a nap” The stylist said coming in right away and instantly going for her hair.

Mina pulled the white silk robe tighter around her and sighed as the woman fussed about the curls on her head.

“You’re getting married today, try to look happier” The woman said.

Mina grinned, “I just had a bad dream, I’m very excited”

“I heard the groom is already nearly ready and guests are beginning to come in.

There was a flutter of nerves inside of her as she thought of what was about to happen.

“That’s more like it” She said, looking at her expression carefully, “Now let’s get you into that white dress”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh Sehun stared at himself in the mirror and then doubled over in nerves. He hadn’t seen Mina all day, he missed her, he wanted to see her, be with her even though it was technically bad luck he couldn’t think of a single person who would make his nerves subside like her. He sighed, he had offered to postpone the wedding after her father had died, but she had refused and he understood. He just wanted to make her happy so he didn’t bother arguing. He knew how badly she wanted to get away anyways, he knew how tired she had been, how worn down she had been from her family.

He stared down at the engraved ring in his hand, the one he planned to give to her after the ceremony.

The door opened behind him and he turned excepting anyone aside from her.

“Min Ji, I didn’t think you’d show” He admitted.

The girl he had once thought he loved smiled faintly. Sehun looked at her and felt bad for her. He hesitated, before walking over to her and giving her a firm hug. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, holding on for slightly too long before she pulled away.

“There was something I thought you should know before you went through with this” She said quietly.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey! You’re not supposed to see the bride on—“

Her words died off when she saw the look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” She asked quietly.

“What’s this?” Sehun asked, holding out the photographs in his hand.

She frowned and slowly approached him. Quietly, she took the photographs from his hand. She stared at them in confusion, her brow furrowing. They were of her, she didn’t recognize the man in the photograph until suddenly, she did.

“Are you having me followed?” She asked incredulously.

“What? No. Why aren’t you answering me” He hissed, barely controlled anger simmering beneath the surface.

She glanced at him, “It’s Min Ji’s friend, I was helping him home, as a favor to her”

“That’s not what she says”

Fear surrounded her, dark and bitter. Feelings she usually associated at the mention of her sister. His body language frightened her. The look in his eyes made dry. Something, everything, was very wrong. This was not going right, this shouldn’t be happening on what was supposed to be the best day of her life. The first day of her new life with him.

“I don’t care what she’s saying, I’m telling you the truth” Mina whispered.

“She says you’ve been seeing this guy and you’re telling me you just helped him home. Then why, “He demanded, as he pointed to two of the last photographs, “Did you never mention it to me that night? Why did you have to go inside his house? Why, did you stay for 20 minutes”

Mina blinked, “He said he had something to give to Min Ji so I followed him in. He couldn’t find it and offered some coffee while he searched for the books”

“What books?”

“I don’t know, he didn’t find them” She answered, her voice growing quiet, “Whatever she’s saying is a lie”

He looked pained, there was so much pain in his eyes, that she could feel it echo in her heart. Bursts of pain that radiated throughout her body with every accusing glare he sent her.

“Is he lying too then?” He asked, seething.

“Wait, what?” She whispered, the photographs falling from her hands.

He shook his head, “You’re really good at this you know, lying. I don’t know how I never saw this before”

“I’m not lying” She whispered.

“Is he lying too then? I talked to him you know, he had the decency to confess. He said he didn’t realize you’d go through with the wedding. That you told him you wouldn’t”

“What are you talking about?!” Mina asked, her pulse racing, nerves coursing through her veins, “I would never! He’s lying!”

“Everyone’s lying, but you, right?” He asked quietly.

“Yes. We’re getting married so you’re supposed to believe that everyone can lie except me” She insisted.

“Then it’s not true that you blackmailed your father into giving you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter