No. 3

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina sat and ate from the plate of food sitting in front of her in silence. She hadn’t had the chance to go into the company and actually begin working there and that was fine with her. Sehun could handle everything for all she cared. The idea of having to interact with people who expected her to keep up their façade for longer than she had to gave her a headache. She had put it off for as long as she could though and not even cooking had been able to take her mind off it.

She heard the front door open and waited for Sehun to walk into the kitchen. She listened for him until he crossed in front of her and went to the fridge to pull out a bottle of cold water. She glanced at him and watched as he reached for a bowl from the top cabinet. He always came home from working out starving, she didn’t know when it had become a habit to cook so that there would be something ready by that time, but it had. His shirt rode up slightly, giving her a glimpse of skin and she quickly fixed her gaze back onto her food.

“Any more info on the guy from the party?” Mina asked, taking another bite of food.

She heard the clatter of dishes as he served himself, “Not really, I’m supposed to get a call from the detective later tonight. Why are you asking?”

She looked at him and met his stare.

“Just curious” Mina said.

“Well, if there’s anything you can share that would help them catch the creep it would help” Sehun muttered, his eyes turned colder than usual and Mina wondered why he was getting mad.

“He wasn’t a total creep” She mumbled, breaking away from his piercing stare.

“He held you hostage” Sehun snapped, slamming the lid back onto the pot.

“I mean…” She started before sighing and running a hand through her hair, “He didn’t, not really. That’s why if they catch him we should just figure out why he trespassed, but I’m not pressing any charges for kidnapping or whatever the officer was talking about back then”

“What does that even mean, not really?” He said sternly, his jaw clenched tightly.

“He wasn’t a bad guy to me is all I’m saying! He didn’t like you, but he seemed to have no problem with me!” She snapped.

“So what, you were there because you wanted to be?!”

“The reason I was even back there was because I wanted to get away from you in the first place” She said truthfully, watching him as a look of surprise crossed his face momentarily.

She stood up and placed her empty plate in the sink. She turned to him, her hands resting on the edge of the sink so that they now stood beside each other. She crinkled her nose and made a face as she leaned in closer to him.

“What are you doing?” Sehun asked, his body tensing up at her sudden and rare invasion of his space.

“You stink” She said, the ghost of a smile on her face.

Sehun’s thoughts missed a beat as he watched her. He knew what this was. Every once in a while she would try to smooth things over. She would try to make a joke or some sort of comment that inched dangerously close to the friendship line. Those moments used to be so common and now he found that he was bothered by the fact that he couldn’t remember the last time this had happened. He allowed himself to stare into her beautiful brown eyes for a moment longer, it wasn’t every day that he could do that. He memorized the way they sparkled when the light hit them just right before he broke eye contact.

“Good thing you don’t have to be around me then” He said coldly, and watched from the edges of his vision as she let go of the counter, her hands falling limp by her side.

“Yeah, good thing” Mina said as she went for the stairs and made her way back into her room.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Mina laid, sprawled on her back on her bed as she stared up at the ceiling. Her face was blank as she chewed on her lip. She sighed quietly as she remembered the stranger from the shed. She her side and closed her eyes. Her heart rate picking up as she recalled every sensation felt. It had been so long since she had felt anything like that, she was almost relieved to find that that part of her wasn't completely dead. She felt silly, thinking about something as trivial as a kiss, but it had been so long since she had anything even remotely in the area of romance to think about.

It meant nothing to the stranger she reminded herself, because how could it? He didn’t know her. Not really, even if he had known her name.

She glanced at the clock and decided that if Sehun hadn’t gotten a call from the detective by now, he wasn’t going to get a call tonight and decided to go ask. It was just curiosity. She wanted to figure out who that man was. Mina stood up and on bare feet stepped out of her room quietly. She thought to go back and grab her robe as she glanced down at the night gown she wore, but it would have been a waste of time. Sehun had didn’t see her in that way anyways and if she was being brutally honest, part of her wished he would.

Her steps were silent as she approached the end of the hallway and hesitated. The amount of times she had dared stepped in this direction in these three years could all be counted on one hand. She was slightly bitter at the realization. She prepared to knock on his door when she found it ajar. Stupidly, she pushed the door open just a little further as she slid her body in. His bed was empty and the light to the bathroom in the back of the room was on.

She heard talking and figured he was on the phone.

Shades of green and blue decorated his room and she found it interesting that it had changed since the last time she had been here. It used to have just plain white walls. She stepped over to his bed and touched the sheets with her fingertips. They were as soft as hers and she stared at the bed, her mind instantly imagining his sleeping form.

It occurred to Mina that this was slightly creepy and she approached the bathroom to let him know she was here.

"Same hotel?" He asked and she paused mid step.

She didn't know what it was, but took a step back so that she stood to the left of the door.

"Yeah, I'll be there soon. I'm still getting ready. I can't wait to see you" He spoked into the phone, his voice taking on that velvety tone she only vaguely remembered him using on her.

He laughed and her chest tightened.

"Why bother? I like you better in red" He spoke and laughed again.

She found herself glued to her spot.

"Yeah, ok I'm heading out. Bye" He finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter