No. 24 - (The Past, Pt. 1)

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Roses, peonies, lilacs?” She asked, holding the flowers up.

Sehun grinned, “Well, I’m marrying the most beautiful flower in the room already…”

Mina laughed and slapped his face lightly with the rose, “Ugh, that’s it, wedding is off”

He leaned in and placed a big kiss on her lips, “There’s no way you’re leaving me at the altar”

She laughed softly as he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his arms. He took the flowers from her and placed them aside. Stealing a glance at the counter at the florist, he quietly moved them behind a group of floral arrangements. With a mischievous look in his eye he leaned back down to kiss her. She laughed softly through his kiss.

“You know, you can pick whatever flower you want as long as we get married” He said, peering over the flowers and making sure no one was watching them.

She cast her eyes down and sighed, “Your parents… they’re still against this?” She asked, her voice growing quieter.

“They’re being ridiculous. They’ll get over it”

“They said they weren’t going to show up”

“It doesn’t matter who shows or who doesn't show. There's only two people who need to be there and it is me and you” He promised, “We don’t need anybody, but ourselves”

“Your parents should be with you. I would want my mom with me if I could”

“They’ll get over it, I’m their only son. I need you, and you alone”

“I’m sorry” She breathed.

“Sorry for what?”

“For causing  this mess. For making your family stressed. For not having enough to be worth marrying”

Sehun sighed, taking her by shoulders and making her stand up straight, “I don’t care who your parents were, I don’t care that you’re not getting the company, I don’t care about anything aside from the fact that you’re the woman I love”

His words alone made her heart beat faster and she smiled. There was nothing on earth that would make her doubt that he was the man she loved. With that resolve in mind she found herself in front of his parent’s house later that day, a silver wedding invitation in hand. She was nervous. as she rang the doorbell and quietly fidgeted with the engagement ring on her hand. It brought her peace, as if he was besides her.

The smile on his mother’s face could not have disappeared faster when she saw her.

“What do you want?” She asked, her words cold and cutting.

“I wanted to bring by an invitation, just in case” Mina said quietly, holding it out for her.

The woman paused before she took it, crumpled it and threw it aside.

“Why did you come here? To rub in the fact that you’re ruining our son?” She asked, genuinely distraught. As if marrying Mina was the worst fate that could have fallen onto him.

“I’m not ruining him”

“He was born to be someone. The whole reason he went to business school was to prepare himself to run that company. He was happy with Min Ji, our lives were perfect before you wormed your way into his life!” The woman snapped, knuckles turning white as she held onto the door tightly, “Nobodies like you always dig their claws into any man who can give them a higher standing”

“I am not using Sehun”

“Get out of here”

“He wants both of you there” Mina pleaded.

“As long as he’s got a parasite like you sticking around tell him to consider us dead” She said callously, slamming the door in her face.

Mina swallowed back the ever growing doubt that maybe she wasn’t good enough for him as she headed home. It was disheartening, to be the one who was the very reason his problems with his family were developing. If she was Min Ji, if she had what Min Ji had, they wouldn’t hate her like that. What hurt the most was that this had been her problem ever since she had been brought into that house. She was never going to be Min Ji, she was never going to be his real daughter. Sure they were related, but she was never going to belong in his life.

She stood by her car and leaned on it quietly. She really didn’t know if she could be responsible for breaking Sehun’s family apart lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter