No. 4

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her normally rosy lips were discolored. It was the first thing he noticed.

"She’s suffering from early stages of hypothermia. The accident was not too serious. Her injuries are minor and she’s just resting for now, but that’s not the part we’re truly worried about" The doctor explained.

Sehun stood beside her bed, trying to calm himself down.

"The... uh... the police didn’t find evidence of her pressing on the brakes at the scene until after she went off the road" The doctor said gently

What were you trying to do?

Sehun felt a painful pang in his chest and nodded slowly. She was so stupid and all because of him.

"Mr. Oh, reviewing the... conditions she was found in, I highly recommend a psych evaluation. This seems to be an attempt on—" He began before Sehun cut him off.

"Don't say it. She doesn't need any sort of evaluation" He said firmly, his voice hoarse. He knew exactly what was wrong with her.

It was him. From the day that they met to right now, she was a completely different person. Nothing like the happy and energetic girl he had met in what seemed like a lifetime ago. He had taken that from her. He acknowledged that.

"I disagree sir. She left herself there, if we don't treat this properly her attempts may escalate and she might not be as lucky" The doctor explained worriedly.

"I won't let that happen" Sehun said quietly, "Please, leave us"

The doctor clearly had more to say, but held it in for now as he stepped out and left them alone. Sehun pulled the chair besides her bed and took a seat. He closed his eyes, listening to the faint sound of her breathing and the heart rate monitor in the background. Casually, he touched her fingertips to his. His hand twitched, reacting from the sudden cold of her hands. He opened his eyes and cleared his throat, pulling his hand back completely.

"You're an idiot. To go to this extreme all because you were mad at me" He spoke to her, knowing she couldn’t hear him, "... Don't do this again... please" He added in a whisper.

Her body remained still and he could almost feel his entire body aching. Awkwardly, he took her hand in his and staring at it, carefully remembered the first time they had met.

 

~~~~~~~

 

4 Years Ago:

"Sehun! You came!" Min Ji squealed, running into his outstretched arms.

Sehun grinned as he wrapped his arms around her and spun her twice.

"I'm nervous, what if your family doesn't like me?" He asked.

"They'll love you, just like I do" Min Ji laughed, placing a kiss on his cheek, "Besides, I heard our parents talking, it looks like my dad is considering marrying us two off anyways" She whispered and Sehun's pulse raced at the thought of spending his life with this beautiful angel.

"That... would be amazing" He whispered in awe and Min Ji grinned.

"Come on" Min Ji said dragging him into the garden of the house. She stopped him and straightened his tie and gently brushed his hair back, "I'll go get them. Wait here"

Sehun stood quietly and frowned as he felt something hit the back of his head. He turned, confused when he saw no one was there. He turned back towards the house and turned again only to find no one there. The third time it happened he spun around faster.

A clear and playful laugh drew his gaze to the front gate.

She walked around the gate so she was visible and let the pebbles in her hand fall to the ground. Her long hair was loose and blew in the wind gently. Her full lips curled into a friendly smile and Sehun felt as if he had been struck by lightning. She was beautiful.

"So... you're Min Ji's secret man huh?" She asked, approaching him leisurely.

"Uh...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter