No. 25 - (The Past, Pt. 2)

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your father is awake now, you can go see him” The doctor announced, coming up to them both.

Mina stood up silently, letting go of Sehun’s hand in the process.

“Should I come with?” He asked worriedly.

She shook her head, “It’s better if you stay here and listen for any news on Min Ji” She said quietly, allowing him to embrace her tightly before she followed the doctor to her father’s room.

“He looks worse than it is. There are a couple of broken ribs and a broken leg, but other than the bruises he should recover quite nicely” The doctor explained on the way.

Mina nodded. was dry and she felt antsy. Her whole life she had lived telling herself that she wouldn’t care if something happened to the man who so happened to share her DNA. The man who had begrudgingly called her a daughter yet refused to give her a fraction of the love he gave his other daughter. On this day, she realized that was all a lie. She had cared, she had felt her world turn on its axis when the man who had barely been a father to her, could have died. Even when it came to Min Ji, the girl tortured her, but death was not something she wished on her so the tears and the worry had come all too easily when she had arrived at the hospital to the news of the car accident they had been in.

“You’re welcome to stay as long as you need, keep in mind, he does need rest too” The doctor said as he walked her into her dad’s room and stepped out, closing the door behind him.

“Min Ji? How is she?” Were the first words to come from his mouth.

Mina looked at him, it shouldn’t have caused her that sting of jealousy, Min Ji was the one in the accident with him, it made sense to be worried. He should have been worried to begin with.

“She’s in intensive care” Mina explained quietly, taking a seat beside his bed and holding her hands in her palm, “They’re not… sure she’s going to be alright” She said, the words coming out choked as the tears returned.

She watched as her father visibly crumbled in front of her. Tears came from the man who she had never seen so much as sniffle as sobs followed close behind.

“What on earth happened?” She asked.

“It was my fault, I was driving too fast, I didn’t see the other car coming” He said miserably, “I was distracted, we were arguing. She was complaining about you, about that whole mess you made” He said and almost as if finding the escape for his guilt, he turned to her with an accusing glance in his eyes.

Mina shifted uncomfortably in her chair, “So you ran that light because you were arguing?” She said quietly.

He nodded, almost as if regaining his senses, looking away from her firmly.

“You need to tell me immediately when you can see your sister. Make sure she’s getting the best of the best of care. Tell them she’s not just another patient, that I will do anything, pay anything so long as she makes it out safely alright?” He said.

Mina nodded.

“You can go now” He said once he finished giving her his instructions.

“I’m glad you’re safe” Mina said quietly.

Her father gave her a level stare, “What does it matter if I’m safe or not when your sister isn’t?” He asked quiet seriously.

Mina nodded, “You’re right, sorry”

Sensing her presence was no longer wanted, she stood up and left.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

She’s stable, the accident damaged her kidneys severely, she’s going to need a transplant.

Mina thought about what the doctor had just told her. Min Ji had just woken up and somehow Mina was relieved yet dreaded going in to see her. The cup of coffee Sehun placed in her hands, brought her back to the moment as she raised her eyes to meet his. He was worried, she could see it from the way he paced and the furrow in his brow. He said nothing, sitting besides her and placing an arm around her. She closed her eyes for a moment, drinking some of the coffee, remembering that she hadn’t slept in far too long. She leaned into his body, resting her head on him. For a moment, she was at peace.

“I should go see her” Mina finally announced.

Sehun rubbed her arm gently, “You’re sure you don’t want me in there with you?” He asked.

She kissed his cheek softly, “She wouldn't want anyone to see her like that” She said honestly, handing him the half empty cup of coffee before standing up.

Mina found herself hesitating at her door. She’s hurt, just be understanding and remember that no matter what, don’t let it get to you.

The sight of her sister looking so frail was startling. So much so that the well practiced words in Mina’s mind disappeared when she stared at the IV poles and monitors hooked up to her. Her normally dainty face was bruised and swollen, bandages littered all over her body. Despite everything, Mina found that worry had settled deep into her at the sight of her sister, regardless of their relationship she didn’t wish this on anyone.

“Get out” Min Ji said, her voice was hoarse.

“I talked to your doctors. They said you’re going to be fine. Dad and I got tested to see if we match for the kidney donation—“

“Get out!” Min Ji screamed, cutting Mina off.

She stared at her sister who despite the state she was in, had regained her aura of strength. Mina couldn’t help, but be impressed at her strength, at her dedication to hating her very existence. She ignored her sister, approaching her slowly.

“I know you don’t like me, but this about your life”

“Don’t like you?” Min Ji whispered, clutching onto the sheets underneath her, “I hate you Mina. I hate your very existence. I hate the fact that you ruined my family when your of a mother left her burden on us”

Mina tried to not let her words get to her, she was hurting, she was lashing out.

“My mother died. She didn’t send me to you on purpose. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter