No. 45

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina never imagined herself as someone who would hide out in a toilet and yet she found that there were many lows that she had yet to hit, but was quickly crossing off her list. Another one for example, was to humiliate yourself in front of your ex husband and let him know that yes, you are just as petty as he recalled. Hence the direct cause for hiding in the bathroom at work. While she got ready, she told herself that she was fine, she had had a little too much to drink and it was fine. Nothing to be embarrassed about, and yet even as she chanted that in her head her headstrong attitude quickly faded until she had stepped into the bathroom and just hadn’t come out.

She had arrived with 20 minutes to spare and was now down to 5 minutes before she was considered late. She buried her face in her hands and took a few deep breaths. Ok, it would be worse if she just didn’t show up for work. She could already see the train of thought in which he thought his opinion mattered enough to keep her from work and that was unacceptable.

So she took a deep breath and walked in expecting the worst. Except things were disappointingly normal. No one paid any more attention to her than usual and there was no smug Sehun waiting for her at her desk. She blinked, slowly settling into her chair.

“Where is he?” Mina asked when Seohyun approached her.

Her friend was momentarily confused when she looked around before it dawned on her, “Oh, he had to spend today at his original company! He’s not going to be in for today”

Relief washed through her before she could tell herself that it didn’t make a difference because at least his missing presence allowed her some breathing room. It gave her the opportunity to get adjusted to what she hadn’t had the time or space to process. Gave her time to plan out her next steps. She smiled a little easier as she tried not to think about the night before and how annoyingly great his life seemed to be.

It was easier to get through work for the first couple of hours before it dawned on her that Baekhyun had never called back. She frowned because that wasn’t what they did. He always called back. So at her first opportunity, she stood up and pulling her phone out called him yet again. The phone rang for far too long before he finally picked up.

“Hey, what's up?” He asked, breathless as if he had just run to catch the phone.

“Nothing, wait I lied, everything. Why didn't you call me back last night?” She asked, a little annoyed.

“There’s a big project at work, I couldn’t find the time, I’m sorry” Baekhyun said genuinely.

“I… that’s fine, but… Sehun’s here” She whispered, looking around and stepping into the nearest conference room, closing the door tightly behind her and leaning heavily against the door.

“What?”

“He’s here. Sehun is here. He’s working here!” She explained.

“That’s… that’s insane. What is he doing there?”

“I don’t know! I don’t know what he wants!”

“Do you think he’s there for you?”

“No! He’s not! That’s the thing, here I am holding a freaking torch for the jerk and he’s going on about how he met some nice girl or whatever so what do I care?” Mina snapped.

Baekhyun grinned, “He met a girl?”

“I really don’t care!” Mina assured him, “I’m just passing on what I heard”

“Right” Baekhyun said, unconvinced.

“I just… I don’t know what to do” She said finally.

“What do you want to do? Do you want to leave, I can arrange that. Do you want him to leave? I can also arrange that”

“I… don’t know. I should be fine with him around right? This is like a test from life right? I just have to survive and then he’ll probably get promoted or something. My boss didn’t it make it sound super permanent…”

“I don’t know what to tell you Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter