No. 15

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Here” Sehun said, handing her a cup of coffee.

Mina stared at it for a moment before she reluctantly took it, “Thanks”

It was strange, to walk out with Sehun for the first time in the morning. The routine was very much the opposite, usually she would catch him disappearing out the door instead. So to follow him out, coffee in hand was a little tiny bit exciting, if only because for once she wasn’t being left behind at home. She was supposed to be annoyed though and so her face stayed deceptively stoic as she climbed into the passenger's seat and rode to work with him. She followed him in, smiling at the people who walked past them, surprised to see her tagging along.

“Where is this office of mine then?” She asked as they neared his office and Sehun took a right down the hallway.

They arrived at a door and he pushed it open for her, allowing her to walk in first.

“How is it?” He asked.

She really had to fight to keep the smile off her face. It was nice, nicer than the closet she had imagined he would lock her away in. The windows were tall, allowing ample sunlight to filter in and illuminate the simple yet tasteful decorations.

“It’s good” She conceded before turning to him, “So… taking an interest? What does that mean? Am I supposed to sit here from 9 to 5?”

He smiled, “You can do whatever you want. Whatever part of the business you’re interested in, you can drop by and learn. Ask questions, meet some of the supervisors, that type of thing”

There was one question she wondered about, that she didn't dare to ask. Instead she nodded along to his brief orientation as she approached what would be her desk.

“Of course” He  started, “If you’d like you’re always welcome to follow me around and see what I do… if you wanted to”

Mina stopped walking and drummed her fingers on her leg.

Do it, yes, anytime.

“Ok” She said simply, “Well you better leave me to it”

He stared at her for a moment longer before he nodded to himself and walked out. Mina relaxed a little once he was gone. She grinned as she sank into her comfy desk chair and rested her chin on the surface of the desk staring at the tiny little zen garden in the corner of her desk. Once upon a time she had bought one for Sehun’s desk, because she thought they were nice and highly useful. So it really could have all been the decorator’s idea. Nothing to do with him at all, but it made her insides flutter none the less at the possibility that just maybe, he had bought it for her himself.

Obviously, it didn’t make sense. But then again, nothing about their lives lately was making any sense.

With that thought in mind, she stared at the clock, barely an hour had passed. She really was interested in seeing everyone’s job, but his job in particular, was what interested her the most. She groaned as she slumped in her chair, would it be too pathetic? Too clingy to run into his office? Maybe he had just thrown the offer out there to be polite. She scoffed, but then since when had they ever bothered to be polite to each other? She sighed, trying to gather some courage. Why should she be shy about following him though? He was her husband. Technically, she was the one with controlling interest in the company. This was her business. She should be able to go see him right?

She shook her head, no it was safer to literally go anywhere else, but to him.

As if on cue, her phone rang. She glanced at the screen. Baekhyun. Again.

She hadn’t meant to ignore his calls today. She wanted to answer, she did. She just found it easier not to. In the interest of honesty, she could only admit up to a certain point that things with Sehun hadn’t been completely terrible lately and like an idiot, she didn’t want to mess them up. She wanted her shaky relationship to not completely crumble she thought miserably. And if that meant ignoring the small spark of interest that popped up around Baekhyun then that’s what she would do.

At least for now and she wasn’t trying to tempt fate just yet.

 

~~~~~~

 

Sehun paced nervously in his office. Had he not been clear enough? Maybe she hadn’t gotten the message? He frowned, what he should have done was to state clearly that she should choose to follow him. He groaned, he had wanted to give her choices, to allow her to choose to spend time with him. The problem was that by suggesting that she could follow anyone around he had literally give her months and months of time to go follow anyone, but him. She wouldn't come. She hadn’t even spared a second look at the zen garden he had bought for her desk. He had hoped she would mention something about it, but to be honest she probably didn’t even remember it was the first thing she had bought for his new office.

Why should she? It wasn’t like he had ever let her come up here to begin with. She came a handful of times per year and it was his own doing.

It would be so easy to just sit her down and ask her plainly if she still stuck by her story. The one where she swore up and down that she hadn’t used him, cheated on him, lied to him back then. All possible misunderstandings, laid out for them both, but the idea of bringing it all back up made him nauseous. He had never been in love before Mina. At least, nothing as serious as what he ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter