No. 38

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The nurse at the front desk frowned in confusion, “I’m sorry, you’re his wife?” She asked.

Mina nodded softly, “Is there a problem?”

“I-it’s just that the young lady he came in with… I thought she said she was his wife too” She said sheepishly.

Baekhyun’s hand landed on her back gently and with a tight smile he stepped closer, “She’s not, I can assure you that Mina is his wife. Did either of you check ID? As a hospital I’m disappointed about your lack of security practices” He said firmly.

A bright red blush spread on her face as she stood up nervously, “We apologize it’s just that considering the time of the night and the situation we just assumed”

“What did she say?” Mina asked.

Discomfort passed her face before she looked down, “She told us Mr. Oh collapsed while they were.. uh… being intimate”

Before Mina could backtrack, before she could fall apart, Baekhyun’s hold on her arm tightened to a near painful degree. It held her together, reminded her that she was still here and that she could not run away.

“We’re going to go see him now” He said firmly and leaning down to her whispered, “She’s a pathological liar, don’t you dare run away”

Mina looked up at him and nodded. He was in so many ways a source of strength.

They reached the room quickly, finding Min Ji standing outside, casually scrolling through her phone. She looked up at the sound of their footsteps, the lazy smile on her face disappearing as soon as she spotted them. She shoved her phone back into her coat and blocked the door with her body. Mina tried to say nothing as she reached for the door and pulled back when she slapped her hand away.

“He’s resting” Min Ji snapped viciously.

“I don’t care” Mina said quietly.

“Why are you here? You must have less self respect than I thought if you’re showing up to visit the man who was with another woman in the middle of the night”

“Move” Baekhyun ordered.

“No” Min Ji said firmly, the slightest edge of nerves to her voice, “Why can’t you just tell when you’re not wanted Mina? You weren’t wanted as a daughter or a sister back then and you weren’t wanted as a wife! Take the damn hint!”

Baekhyun sighed, reaching forward and grabbing Min Ji’s arm firmly, he gave her one forceful pull. She let out a somehow angry sounding cry, the pull forcing her to move aside. He pulled a bit more, pulling her away from the door, ignoring the scratches to his arm.

“Go” He said simply, staring at the woman who was watched him with distaste and glancing with no particular emotion at the two security guards who were making their way closer.

Mina nodded, stepping inside and quickly shutting door behind her. She drew the curtain closed and took a moment to catch her breath.

“You’re here” Sehun whispered, eye opening slowly, “Whatever she’s saying it’s not true” He promised, wincing at the abdominal pain that came with it.

Mina frowned, “What happened?” She asked, maintaining her distance. She stood at the edge of the room. She told herself it was just in case someone burst through the door, the truth was that it was instinctual. A small way for her body to physically protect itself from whatever his answer might be.

As if it would hurt any less should she be standing further away.

“I was just there to talk and I got this sharp abdominal pain. She tried to help me for a little bit before I finally made her call an ambulance. Nothing more, nothing less, I swear”

“What’s wrong with you?” Mina asked, glancing at the worry in his eyes and tentatively taking a step closer.

“It’s just a stupid abdominal ulcer. It’s why I haven’t been feeling so well. It must’ve been slowly bleeding for a while the doctor said, it can get worse with stress so it was only a matter of time. They went in with a scope and fixed me right up”

She edged closer, “Why were you even there this late? Why couldn’t you just talk to her over the phone, what was so important you had to be there in person?”

“You were” Sehun said calmly, “In the beginning, when we were fighting, I used to write to her”

It took Mina a moment to process his words. She cocked her head to the side, studying him carefully. Trying to find both truth and lies in his words. His eyes were wide and as honest as she’d even seen him and then it really struck her. During the hardest moments o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter