No. 2

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She blended back into the party, but kept her head down as she tried to find an exit. Anything to let her escape. She needed fresh air. Her chest hurt and for some stupid, stupid reason her eyes stung. She spotted the exit to the back and made a bee line for it. She burst out into the cold and tried to breath, but found that air was not coming in as easily as she needed it to. The backyard was empty, it was far too cold for anyone to come out, but she needed more privacy. She saw it then, a small shed off to the side. She supposed she should have been cold, but that was the least of her concerns.

Mina felt a small wave of relief as the door swung open easily and she stepped inside. She stood still for a moment, feeling the cold seep into her bare skin. Tears spilled over and she could feel the self-hatred taking over. She placed her hands over and let out the scream that she had been holding in. The sound was muffled, coming out far quieter and she was grateful for it. There was no shiny, happy way to explain away the wife crying and screaming in a shed.

To her dismay the tears didn't stop, but the tightness in her chest eased with every sob and heave of her body. She was shaking, not from the cold, as she slid to the ground. Minutes passed, as she continued to cry. She found herself becoming numb and it was a relief. She wondered faintly if it would be that bad to just freeze to death. She could just hide here. What excuse would Sehun have for that?

The very thought of him sent another wave of distress through her. She had been much better at hiding all of this a year ago. Why now? Why was she coming apart now?

She heard the door jiggle and froze, newfound panic returning. She looked like a mess. She had no doubt her mascara was running, her hair must have been a mess, and her eyes were probably red too. She found herself frozen to the ground as the door swung open

"It's not even really winter yet, how is it so damn cold" A man muttered as he pushed his way in.

Mina stayed glued to her spot on the ground, he hadn't seen her yet, but she saw him. He closed the door behind him firmly and rubbed his hands together for warmth. He was wearing the red vest the wait staff had been wearing, but Mina hadn't seen him around all night. She was certain she would have remembered someone like him. He ran a hand through his brown hair and pulled out his phone. He began to dial a number when he turned and saw her.

He put his phone away as they both stared at each other for a few moments. His eyes took in the messy state she was in and he said nothing as he walked over to her and stuck a hand out.  She stared it for a moment, remembering that this was what common curtesy was. She reached out and took it, saying nothing as he pulled her up.

“I know it’s none of my business, but what’s wrong?” He asked, his eyes shining even in the dimmed lightning. Something about the way he looked at her gave her the impression that he knew more than he let on.

“You’re right, it’s none of your business” She said defiantly. Mina was aware that she was nowhere near a position in which she could be prideful, but at the same time it was all she had.

His eyes brightened and a smiled played at the curves of his lips.

“You two just seem so happy all the time. It’s refreshing to be let in on the secret Mina” He said, his voice dropping to soft murmur at her name.

“I’ll pay you” She blurted out, feeling suddenly nervous.

“For what?” He asked.

“You know, so you don’t say anything about this. I can get you a good amount of money. You’ll have to sign some paperwork, but I promise as long as you don’t say anything it’ll be worth it” She assured him.

He pretended to think about it and grinned, “No thanks, Mina”

This time the mention of her name from his lips finally dawned on her, “Wait, how did you know my name?” She asked.

“You’re not someone whose name would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter