No. 49

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina decided that the butterfly feeling in her stomach was probably just her being hungry. Even though hunger had never really felt like this before, but still. The alternative was intimidating and she refused to examine it any closer. Instead she walked as close as she dared to him, even though it meant her right sleeve was getting wet. She struggled to keep her gaze from veering in his direction. She failed miserably of course, catching his own gaze more than enough times and noting the small smile on his face through it all. It felt like every time he caught her looking, he won a little, even though it meant that he was looking at her too so technically they were even and yet… she wondered if he thought of it in the same way.

Why she had hung around waiting for him, was beyond her. She should have taken the ride that Seohyun had offered earlier. It had been an impulse though, some stupid part of her declining because despite what she wanted to believe, she wanted to be right where she was, wet sleeve and all. She didn’t walk in the rain anymore, umbrella or not, she didn’t know when it had stopped, but like most things in her life, they began and ended with him… and lately began again because of him too. What a confusing concept.

A rather violent sneeze came from him, surprising her as he sniffled and they arrived at her apartment. He shuddered slightly as they both came at a stop at her front door.

Don’t even think about Mina…. and yet once again she couldn’t help herself.

“Why don’t you a call a cab? You did me the favor of walking me home, but you’re going to get sick” Mina said lingering besides him.

“No, I’m fine, it’s just some allergies” Sehun replied quickly, not wanting her to feel bad for him.

Mina sighed, crossing her arms before her firmly, “Allergies Sehun? In all the time that I’ve known you when did you get allergies?”

“…I’m fine, don’t worry about it” He countered.

“Call a cab” She insisted.

“I’m fine Mina” He replied just as stubbornly.

She stared up at him, remembering the all too familiar spark of annoyance whenever they argued over little things. It happened when they were dating all the time, long before their scarier arguments. These were the arguments they would find themselves laughing about at the end of a long day because more often than not they were caused by one of the two caring a little too much.

She pulled her eyes from him and reached in her purse for her keys, “Fine, get sick then. I was even going to invite you up for a hot cup of tea while you waited but—” She trailed off, pausing to look back up at him.

Sehun smiled brightly now, somehow lighting up despite the gloomy night, “On careful consideration, I now see that you are completely right. As usual”

She struggled to keep herself from smiling triumphantly as she simply nodded and led him up to her apartment. As the keys jingled in the lock she could hear the set of quick little footsteps rushing for the door.

“Prepare yourself” She whispered with a soft laugh as she opened the door to find the white little cotton ball run straight into her legs.

Nuni barked in excitement at the entrance of his owner, as if he hadn’t seen her in years when in reality it had just been a few hours. He jumped and barked excitedly as Mina stepped in and crouched down to pet him with a laugh as the small dog jumped from side to side, tail wagging like mad. After a moment, Nuni finally noticed the pair of legs accompanying Mina, and paused ever so briefly before recognizing the man who had the bred from before and resuming his excitement as he ran to him and did the same. Sehun laughed, bending down to pet the dog who had eagerly rolled onto his back waiting for belly rubs.

Mina watched the exchange curiously, wondering why Nuni had deemed it appropriate to trust Sehun so quickly. She was about to explain away his excitement by explaining how Nuni must just be excited since usually she didn’t bring many visitors home, but decided instead to keep that to herself seeing as how it only seemed to remind her of the fact that lately she had been letting Sehun slowly seep back into her life.

She didn’t bring people home, it had been the reason all of her short relationships had failed and yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter