No. 10

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If Sehun had thought that he hated Mr. Byun, he was wrong. He found that true hate was reserved for that smug son of his, Baekhyun. A storm continued to rage in Sehun’s head even as he got ready to go to work. There was no way in hell he was going to let Baekhyun into his company. His father had advised him to do so in a show of good faith, but after the night of that dinner that was the last thing Sehun would ever do. He would rather lose that damn company before he let Byun Baekhyun step foot in it or step foot near him or anyone around him for that matter.

Angrily, he tightened his tie and glared at himself in the mirror. There was a nagging suspicion that was reflected back at him that told him his anger might be misdirected, that perhaps it was meant for himself, but Sehun chose to ignore it. Instead he focused on over analyzing every second of when he had found Baekhyun and Mina in the library. They weren’t doing anything, he would be insane to accuse otherwise, but there was something happening. Something he couldn’t put his finger on and something he didn’t like.

He was frustrated and it was making him lose his mind he decided.

You shouldn’t even care if there was something happening.

That wasn’t true though he realized with alarm, he wasn’t willing to analyze that any further, but even he couldn’t deny to himself that he would care very much. He told himself it was pride. No man would stand to see another man around his wife, regardless of the situation of their marriage.

He was comforted by his excuses as he grabbed his suitcase and went for the door. As per usual, he should have grabbed his keys and simply walked out. It was what was normal for them, but on this morning he paused. He thought about Mina and that stupid doctor and everything that had happened lately and forced himself to speak.

“I’m heading out” Sehun’s voice rang out from the entryway into their living room.

Mina didn’t move.

“I said I’m leaving, Mina” He repeated, emphasizing her name.

Mina looked up in surprise from the book in her lap. She untangled her legs from the chair she was curled up in and peered at him from over the back of it.

“Um… ok? Did you need me to lock up after you?” She asked in confusion, placing the book on the armrest as she pulled herself onto her knees so she could see him completely.

“No. I just— I wanted to say goodbye” He said simply.

She stared him with a blank expression on her face.

“Are you… not coming back?” She asked.

“No, I am”

“Then what—“ She began before he cut her off.

“Never mind” He grumbled as he turned from her sharply and slammed the door on his way out.

Mina stared at the empty doorway and sighed as she let herself sink back into her chair. She grabbed her book once again, but her eyes didn’t return to the page she was on. Instead her mind went to Sehun, maybe something was going on that she wasn’t seeing? He never even said hello, since when had he started saying good bye? Mina rolled her eyes and her neck along with it. She had woken up way too early and the extra stress that Sehun always managed to add did nothing to help her.

He was an idiot anyways. A stubborn one at that, judging by how long he had kept that same unhappy frown fixed into his face after that silly dinner. She smiled despite herself, at the image that it called forth in her mind. There were times that his anger both scared her and excited her, a twisted way of showing there was a shred of care in him. Even if it wasn’t totally about her. Then there were times that his anger made him seem like little more than a child throwing a tantrum and it made her laugh. She had about that once a long time ago and her smile brightened at the memory. Those were the things that she had loved about him. Her smile faded as she faintly wondered if she could remember those things. Once upon a time she could have named a dozen of them off the top of her head. Now? She didn’t want to remember any of them.

She shook her head and stared back at her book, unable to focus. With a grimace she stood up and walked aimlessly through the large house. There were no big messes to clean up, they didn’t do enough to cause a mess in the first place, but she started cleaning anyways. That was her usual routine at home, or she could watch movies, but there was nothing she had her eye on and she couldn’t focus on reading so cleaning was it. She smirked as she got to work, if someone tested their home she could bet her life it’d be the cleanest one in the world.

A while must have passed because when she straightened her back to answer the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter