No. 21

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You went” Sehun said, staring at the piece of paper in front  of him.

“I told you I was going to, don’t sound so surprised. Or did you think that I wouldn’t be able to do it?” Mina asked as she quietly paced back and forth, fingers tapping on her arm as she tried to think. Tried to make sense of her situation. Too many emotions raced in her mind, too many feelings, they were building up with such an intensity that she didn’t know what to do.

“That’s not what I meant”

She sighed, if someone asked her right now if she hated him, she might’ve said yes and that thought alone was depressing. She didn’t want to do that, she had never wanted to be like that with him. He stood up and walked over to her, he reached for her and she stepped away.

“I don’t know how to fix this” Sehun admitted.

“You talked about me to her”  She said with a shake of her head.

“I… what?”

“When you were drunk” She said, a small laugh of disbelief escaped her, “You must’ve gone on about how terrible I was” She whispered.

Sehun closed his eyes and shook his head, “I don’t know” He said miserably. There was a sick feeling settling in his heart at the sight of her looking too calm, too tired and yet so very on edge.

“Why did things start to change between us?” She asked, all too seriously.

He thought about it, “I was tired of the fights, of hurting you, I could see that we were reaching the end and I didn’t realize how much the idea of losing you would scare me”

She looked up at him and wanted to understand, wanted to accept his word and move on.

“Then you had that accident and I was scared because I couldn’t escape the fact that I had gone too far” He said quietly and maybe it was because of how on edge Mina already was, that the words that had come from a place of love had instead sounded like words of pity… of guilt.

“So because of the accident?” She whispered.

“What—“

“You just said it, because of the accident” She said quietly, “Because you felt sorry for me, right?”

“No”

“I didn’t want this you know! I didn’t want your pity, I don’t need your pity!”

“What are you talking about?! I am trying to do things right!” He exclaimed.

She scoffed, thinking about everything he hadn’t done right. She thought about everything that had happened between them. About the lies between them both, about the anger, and how neither of them seemed to understand each other. She had admitted her mistakes, had apologized from beginning to end and what had he done? Nothing, but make them both miserable.

“You’ve never done anything right Oh Sehun!” She yelled, so loudly she felt like was going raw, “How could you think that throwing me pity would be doing things right?! Do you think it feels good to realize that you’re not really moving on from the past at all?! How do you think it felt to know that even after all that you can’t say that you forgive me? That you can’t let any of it go!”

“I never said that!”

“Yes you did!” She screamed, shoving him backwards, “That’s exactly what you said!” She screamed, shoving him harder so that he stumbled back even farther, almost losing his balance.

“I can’t alright?! You’re right I can’t forgive you yet because nothing made sense that day. Everything I thought I knew about the woman I loved was shattered! There the photographs and I talked to that man Mina, the day of our wedding, Min Ji brought him and he told me everything!”

“He lied you idiot!” Mina yelled, slamming a hand onto his chest, “You didn’t even give me a chance to prove myself before you assumed my guilt”

“You stole the company from Min Ji, you admitted that, the Mina I knew would have never done that. So what the hell was I supposed to believe?!”

“You know nothing… it was for us! Damn it, fight back!” She cried out, lunging at him once again, “At least when you hated me I knew, I knew a part of you was still hurt because you cared even if it was just a little! This is so much worse! This is charity!”

She struck him again and he grabbed both of her wrists as he sent them both stumbling to a wall.

“What do you want Mina?!” He screamed, “Do you want me to hate you?!”

“I wanted you to love me again you !” She screamed.

They both went still. Words that she knew she shouldn’t have said had escaped her. opened, she tried to come up with something else to say, something to rescue her pride, but nothing would. She had begun to trust him, she had allowed herself to fall for it, it was on her. She had known about that woman, so why did that stupid threat set her off like this? She knew what it was though, it was because she had been forced to face the reality. On some level, she could imagine it away, pretend it hadn’t happened, but it had forced her to meet her and that was something she wouldn’t be able to run away from.

“I’m sorry” Sehun managed to say, his words hoarse.

Her eyes met his and she tried to find something to hold onto. Desperately, she searched his eyes for something that would make her fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter