No. 28

Bleeding Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys sorry for my random disappearance. To be honest it was a combination of a lot going on and also some major writer's block! I stopped writing for a while and then tried working on some other fic ideas I had which actually really helped! I'll be back to regular updates from now on so thanks to everyone that's still reading despite the long wait! :)

 

“Let’s just put the bookshelf by the window” He said.

We can’t put bookshelves by windows Mina, too much sunlight on books will damage them.

She shook her head, “That can go back by the dining room”

“Then did you want the plants to hang or rest on some sort of table?”

Hanging plants look nice, I think. We should put some in our new home.

“Hanging” She whispered.

Mina frowned, trying to dismiss Sehun’s voice from her mind. The voice that had once helped her decorate what should have been their home.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked stopping.

“Just thinking” She said, attempting to dismiss his curiosity.

“Of him” He assumed, she sighed knowing what the look on his face would be regardless.

“Don’t” She said, holding up her hand, “Don’t bother saying anything”

He gave her a long look, “Fine” He said and smirked when he saw her shoulders relax slightly before he kept going, “I’m just saying that you shouldn’t be wasting any more time on him”

“Yeah, because your advice is so unbiased”

He laughed and was going to say something else when her phone interrupted them. She stared at the unknown number for a moment before picking up.

“Mrs. Oh, we’ve got the dress you requested fitted”

“The dress?” She asked, shooting a confused glance at Baekhyun who merely shrugged.

“The one you ordered a few months ago?” Mina suddenly remembered exactly what this dress was for and grimaced.

“Right, I’ll be over to pick it up soon” She said before hanging up.

“What’s wrong?”

“There’s a big fundraiser at the company, that’s why I ordered the dress”

“So you’re going?” He asked.

“No”

“Good, then before you change your mind and pick the dress up, I’ll have to take you out and keep you distracted” Baekhyun teased standing up and dusting off his pants.

“No” She said yet again.

“Mina” Baekhyun said sternly, walking over to her, “Don’t be exactly what he expects you to be. Don’t confine yourself inside, didn’t you want to be different? To do things differently?”

Mina sighed.

“Come on, give me a chance to prove having fun is not as terrible as you think” He teased and seeing her acceptance, he took her by the hand quite naturally and pulled her out the door with him.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“You barely ate” Baekhyun complained as he took her shopping bags from her hours later.

“Because it smelled weird! Why would you take me to a restaurant like that?”

“Its called experimental cuisine! It's trendy”

Mina made a face, “Clearly, you don’t know me at all”

“Oh, I bet I know who does” Baekhyun said somewhat sarcastically, the biting remark slipping out before he could stop it. Confusing even himself in the process.

“It's not like it’s a crime to love him you know? Stop making me feel like that!” She said quietly.

Something about the look on her face struck a chord in him. He wondered faintly what it would be like to be on the receiving end of such a love. He sighed, drawing an arm around her and pulling her into his chest. She resisted, but he was stronger.

“Did you ever figure out my riddle?” He whispered.

Mina stilled in his arms, “I stayed because I love him” She repeated.

He smiled, the smile not quite reaching his eyes, “That is part of it, but you stayed because, Mina, you didn’t think anyone would love you like he did and I’m sorry to ruin it, but that’s not true. Love isn't a once in a lifetime thing, no matter what books and stories say”

She didn’t say a word and he could see his words getting to her. He should’ve been happy, one step closer, but the victory was not as sweet as it should have been. It was instead a bit bitter because as much as Baekhyun didn’t want to admit it, things were getting quite a bit complicated on his end too.

“I’m sorry” He said apologetically, knowing she was no longer listening.

She blinked away whatever thought was crossing her mind.

“Let’s go for a drink” She said quietly.

He agreed, suddenly feeling like he was in need of one too.

 

~~~~~~~

 

She stumbled forward, running into her door painfully. The laugh besides her made her laugh too despite the sharp pain in her nose from the impact.

“Let me” Baekhyun offered, opening the door and letting them both in.

“Byun Baekhyun to the rescue as usual” She mumbled, allowing herself to lean on him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter