Different Paths

A Boy and A Girl

Yuri was soulless since the time her dance teacher announced that she would be stuck with Taecyeon for 2 whole months, doing a stupid couple dance project. For whom she been hiding and didn't even want to be near him for a second, she got attached to for a very long time. 

Taeyeon: "Yuri ah, what are you thinking about? You are not gonna eat your lunch?" waving her hands in front of Yuri's eyes, trying to catch her attention but what Yuri was doing the whole time was sitting like a statue, didn't open , or moved an inch.

Yuri: "Uu-gghh? What did you say?" jumping out of her thoughts and answering in a shocking manner. Taeyeon and the rest looked at her in concern, curiously.

SooYoung: "Your food, your food" pointing to Yuri's plate, untouched. 

Yuri: "You want it Soo?" offering her lunch to the shinshik who was shaking her head up and down pleasing. If you didn't know it by now, SooYoung was the biggest eater and so could do some denying, but not in front of food. No one know where did all the thing she ate went, but Sooyoung always got hungry after a few minutes of every meal. So everytime the Soshi had a chance to feed her, they tried to stuff her the best they could because SooYoung could get annoying when she was hungry.

- "Have it if you want. I'm not in the mood to eat" pushing her plate to SooYoung, the girl that was sticking out her tongue happily to see something she could eat.

YoonA: "Are you feeling well? This is your first day at school since your return, you are not familar with this place yet right?" checking for Yuri's temperature by placing her palm over Yuri's head, but the temperature was normal though.

Yuri: "I'm not sick though, but this thing is worse than being sick" cupping her face with her hands while her elbows were straight on the table. Her expression wasn't good, base on what the girls were seeing with their own eyes, so they guessed that this matter might be something pretty serious.

Sica: "Do you mind telling us Yul? We love to share with you, you know" as she smiled. Yuri replied Sica a look of her, meaning that Yuri was thinking to reveal.

Yuri: "Arasso, arasso. I'll tell you guys." she said while letting out a sigh. She watched the Soshi were getting ready, seem like they were ready to watch a funny comedy or something.

- "It...was--Tae--cyeon. WE ARE PARTNERS FOR A 2 MONTHS PROJECT!!!" from there, her sad expression turned into madness. SNSD didn't get why was she exploding herself for such a simple thing, what was so bad about teaming up with him for a project. Afterall, Yuri and Taecyeon were supposed to be a couple anyway, so SNSD thought that it was an actually a happy thing to be cheering about.

Hyoyeon: "Yuri ah, what is soo BAD about being partner with Taecyeon?" she calmly explained, while Yuri looked at her.

Yuri: "A Project for "Couple Dance" Hyo, it is a serious problem. How am I suppose to make a couple dance with him, a someone who I don't like?"

Sunny: "A couple dance? Aw, how romantic" holding her two hands together as she began her random thoughts about how romantic it would be if Yuri and Taecyeon do a couple dance together.

Fany: "However, it would be a very neat idea though, since you were trying to recover your memories, so Taecyeon would be a very good example for you to be around and feel your way Yul" nodding her head after her words.

YoonA: "I know right. This is a perfect chance for you two" clapping her hands in excitement.

Yuri: "What are you thinking? Didn't I said that I don't like to be around Taecyeon? That guy is violent, a bad example, and an annoying dude. Being in the same house with him is pretty stuff up already, now you guys want to me to be in a couple dance with him? And not to mention, it's 2 MONTHS!" 

SeoHyun: "Unnie, why do you hate Taecyeon oppa so much?" SeoHyun maknae asked lightly. She been confused about the reason behind Yuri's hatred for Taecyeon. He didn't do anything bad, but why did Yuri had to be so mean toward him.

Yuri: "Me? Uhhh, I hate him because....uhm--- I just hate him" crossing her arms together because she didn't even think of anything to tell SeoHyun why she hated Taecyeon, when she were acting like she really don't want to be around him. How strange...

Taeyeon: "See? You didn't even came up with a single reason. You should give Taec a chance Yul, you need to let him express his love for you, you will regret if you lose a guy like him. But what me and the girls right here couldn't figure out was why did you forget who Taecyeon is. He is also the one that had a really good bond with you before you left, and you even leave Korea because for his happiness." Then Yuri glanced over to the girls, who were all nodding. Yuri didn't even know why she forgot Taecyeon either, it was her brain that did.

Yuri: "I don't know why but I can't give him a chance." facing away awkwardly while the girls sighed. Just then, Yuri spotted Nichkhun, who was walking alone outside the cafeteria with his backpack. Her mood brighten up when she saw him.

- "Ooh, Nichkhun" she said softly. SNSD looked outside along with Yuri and saw Nichkhun. They immediately figured out why.

- "Bye guys, I'm busy. Enjoy" picking up her stuff and ran outside. 

YoonA: "Do you think 'he' is the reason?" YoonA asked in disappointment. She thought that when will Yuri return to her normal self, like years ago with Taecyeon, so she could maybe tell Nichkhun her true feeling.

OUTSIDE...

Yuri: "Nickhun oppa, Nichkhun oppa" chasing after Nichkhun while screaming his name like crazy. However, unlike those past time, Nichkhun didn't turn back immediately and meet Yuri, he just kept on with his speed and not even slowing down, which really confused Yuri.

But as Yuri's voice gained louder and louder near his ears, Nichkhun just couldn't stand it and let the one he loved chasing him all around the place like some girl was tailing a guy, so he began to decreased his speed to Yuri would catch up with him.  At the same time, he pull out his headphone from his pocket and plugged it inside his ears so Yuri wouldn't be questioning.

Yuri: "Nichkhun ah!" finally got to where Nichkhun was standing. She was breathing because the running made her tired as she looked at Nichkhun, noticing something was smelling fishy.

- "You didn't hear me oppa?" she asked.

Nichkhun: "Anio, I was listening to my music so I accidentally didn't know you were running after me. Sorry" he smiled weirdly, but was able to act along. However, what should he do about Mr. Kwon's request? From hearing Yuri calling him as 'oppa', it hurted him to tell Yuri now somehow, so he might of just postponsed his plan, maybe until this evening.

Yuri: "Ohh, where are you going? And where were you this morning, I didn't even see you around" frowning in cuteness. Seeing Yuri this way, Nichkhun wasn't brave enough to do what he was suppose to do. 

Nichkhun: "I--uhm, I was going to my class, where are you going?" looking at his watch, pretending to be busy with something.

Yuri: "I just saw you walking outside while I was sitting with the girls, so I just want to run out here and greet you oppa ah" she smiled.

Nichkhun: "I think you should go inside, back to where you were because I need to go inside my class now, uh-- I got some personal stuff to discuss with my teacher, so annyeong Yuri" waving to her as he hurriedly walked away. Yuri was suspicious of Nichkhun's actions and expression today, but she couldn't figure out why though.

AFTERSCHOOL...

Yuri was waiting outside for the rest of the girls to arrive. Then the first one to come out was her bestie, YoonA. 

YoonA: "Hey Yul, are you going home today with Taecyeon?" she asked brightly, but Yuri's mood was the opposite. Whenever someone mentioned Taecyeon in front of her, her mood just flipped over like a pancake.

Yuri: "I guess I'm stuck with him" wrinkling her nose in disappointment. Today was not a good day for her or something, at first, she got the news that she would be together with Taecyeon for some dump project for 2 whole months, secondly, she found out that Nichkhun was acting very weird too, it was like he didn't like to be around her anymore. 

YoonA: "Oh look, there they are" pointing over to the rest of SNSD, walking out with their books on their hands. Yuri turned over and she did saw who she were waiting for, but behind them was someone who she didn't expect to arrive, Taecyeon.

Taecyeon: "Hi guys" waving both of his two hands. SNSD were all greeting him, except for Yuri, who was like murmuring something. 

- "Let's go Yuri?" Taecyeon asked Yuri politely, so she wouldn't bust out in anger randomly and for no reasons. 

SooYoung: "Where are you going? On a date?" she was wondering like she was too innocent and knew nothing. As a result, Yuri bang SooYoung on the head for blurting something out so random. Taeyeon looked at Yuri and Yuri calmed herself down. 

Taeyeon: "You guys go ahead. Bye Yuri, bye Taecyeon!" as Taeyeon was watching they both took off, and as they could of guess, Yuri was always steps ahead, leaving Taecyeon behind, following her. SNSD really felt bad for Taecyeon sometimes, but they could do nothing about.

AT NIGHT...

Yuri just received a call from someone, which made her heart fluttered and couldn't wait to meet him outside. It was Nichkhun, who called Yuri earlier to come outside, in front of her house to meet him, which he would be there in some minutes. Even though Yuri didn't know the reason Nichkhun wanted to meet her, but seeing him was good enough for Yuri right now. 

At last, Yuri phone rang and vibrating. Yuri read the name of the phone numbers and dashed outside to meet Nichkhun, waiting outside with his jacket. 

Yuri: "Nichkhun oppa!!" rushing like lightning, while Nichkhun was taking a deep breath, preparing himself, to do something he never wish to do, but he needed to do anyway. He was shaking, both because of nervousness, and the cold weather at night. He smiled slightly as Yuri got closer. This would be the last happy moment he would shared with this special someone.

- "Why did you call me oppa? Did you miss me?" locking her arms with Nichkhun happily, ignoring the cold.

Nichkhun: "No, I just call you out here because I want to end this" as he began his act, revealing another side of him in front of Yuri. He really didn't want do this, truthly. It really did hurt him to do so, but what could he do now?

Yuri: "What--what are you talking about oppa?" she asked as she removed her arms away from his and became confused. Why did Nichkhun act this way all of the sudden?

Nichkhun: "Firstly, I d.o n.o.t want or like you calling me 'oppa'. Do you understand?" his lovely face from before was now no more. In Yuri's eyes right now, Nichkhun looked more like a new monster, heartless, and strange.

Yuri: "What are you saying oppa ah? Did something happen? Why do you want to end?". Yuri had no idea, no idea that her dad was the one that ordered Nichkhun to do this. Then her eyes began to became watery, little drops by little drops.

Nichkhun: "I mean that I don't like you anymore. So I just want to get away from you. Plus anyway, you got your Taecyeon there, you can get hook up with him and forgot about me, easy eh?" jerking his face.

Yuri: "You must be kidding me right? Tell me, tell you that you didn't mean it, please" as now, her teary eyes had already let a few drops ran down Yuri's cheeks. Nichkhun who was feeling very bad for making Yuri cried, but he had already started, so he must finished it.

Nichkhun: "No, I just lost my interest in you! Now, please get over this and go inside. Let do this fast and easy, so you don't have to carry this meaningless pain the rest of your life" taking a step backward.

Yuri: "You are doing this because of Taecyeon right? Or is it because of my parents? You were fine yesterday, what is wrong with you today? At first, you were acting like you want to stay far away from me at lunch, and now you say that you will leave me?" sobbing hard.

Nichkhun: "I TOLD YOU I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE, SO PLEASE, GET OVER THIS ALREADY. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? THE WORD IS I DON'T LIKE LIKE YOU, no more" he screamed madly at Yuri. He never know that he could continue to act this, not even in his dream. He had no clues that he could be this cruel to someone like Yuri. He was surprised.

Unexpectedly, Yuri swinged her hand up and slapped Nichkhun right on the left cheek, making it from pale looking into skins with a reddish hand mark. The moment was in an intense mood, while Yuri had a mixture feeling of sadness and anger. Nichkhun then whispered to himself to be calm and continued on this, it was almost over, almost over.

Nichkhun: "Alright alright! Good for you, now that you hit me. Did you feel better? Arasso, we're OVER then, no more and from now on, I have no reasons to see you anymore." feeling his reddish cheek. He was smiling inside because Yuri was doing the right thing, which she was suppose to do, forget him.

Yuri was crying like water was rushing out and fell from the waterfall. This was the first time that someone ever hurted her this much, for someone who she thought was a nice guy, but it turned out that he was nothing but a jerk. Maybe he was worse than Taecyeon.  How could Nichkhun be happy and kind this day, and transformed into a complete different person in a tick! Couldn't stand there and face an idiot like him anymore, Yuri hurriedly cover with her hands and ran inside her house. Tears just couldn't stop flowing...

Looking at Yuri escaping inside, Nichkhun was feeling like crying too, but maybe not right now. He had fulfilled Mr. Kwon's request, but to him, it was a good deed, it was a bad deed. He hurted someone who he didn't want to hurt, he had to leave someone who he didn't wish to, this was the most stupid thing he ever done. 

Nichkhun: "Bye Yuri, I hope you will be happy from now on without me in your life, with Taecyeon. I wish you will understand me in the future for the reason why I did this to you today. I'm really sorry" while he was too emotional to stop his little tears. As he wiped it off, he departed away from Yuri's front step and went home, in a mood that was half happy but half sad. Happy for his doing and helped Taecyeon, sad for doing such thing to Yuri.

INSIDE...

Taecyeon was walking out from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee on his hand, taking a sip of it slowly, when he saw a fast shadow was flashing by from the door and disappeared upstairs. He then realized it was Yuri, and he couldn't it, Yuri was crying, hard?!

Without hesitation, he placed his drink on the counter and stepped to the second floor. Something bad might be happening to Yuri, and you know him, he couldn't stand seeing Yuri being sad.

______________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Guarantee a big Taecyul's moment for all Taecyul's shippers in the next chapter update. However, I don't know if I can write it beautifully and touchy for you guys to read. But I will try my best! Please continue to support my story.