Chapter 40

To Find You

Later that night

(Yoongi's POV)

We were all back at her apartment and she was taking a shower to get all the chlorine out of her hair.

She said something about her hair smelling like wet dog and being tangled if she didnt do it right away. I wasnt really sure what she was talking about .

Right now I had just finished telling the guys the bad news.

They didnt know either because I wanted everyone to enjoy themselves and have fun without the thought of worry.

We were inside our newly found rooms while Bobby and Hanbin were in the living room, watching TV.

"Are you serious Yoongi! We have to leave tomorrow? Who drops news on someone like that" Hansol said.

"Did you forget who you really are Hansol? Just because were in America dont forget that you're a cold blooded murderer like the rest of us. You're a gangster who can pull a trigger in the blink of an eye. When did you get so soft huh? When did all of you get soft! Did you think this was our escape route. No we came here on a mission to find her and bring her back with us. To continue on with our businesses, run territories and get money" I told them.

"By the looks of things, she looks like she's not planning on leaving here" Jimin said.

"Everyday you say something ya little that makes me regret not killing you when I had the chance" I glared at him.

"But Yoongi, he's not lying here" Yongguk cut it.

"We all know and can see how happy she is being back in America. You really just want to take that all away from her again?" He finished.

I sat down on the bed.

"You dont think I see her happy too? I know she's happy now that she's back home. But cant she remember how she was with us back in Seoul..how happy she was with me" I said.

"And you're afraid that the longer she's here with Bobby, she wont want to be with you anymore. Is that it?" Tae asked me.

"Honestly, yeah" I admitted.

"Well you cant force her to come back to Seoul-"

"You dont think I know that Kikwang. But hopefully she'll see that what we're about to do is defintely beneficial and she'll feel safe and happy enough to continue our lives back in Seoul. I can get her a nursing job there and teach her Korean. She'll be secure and never have to worry about anything in life. Just being happy..with me" I said, getting out of the room.

"Yoongi, where are you going?" Yongguk said, after I closed the door behind me.

I walked through the hallway, passing the livingroom and making my way towards the door.

I could feel Bobby and Hanbin looking at me, but I didnt bother looking in their direction.

I walked out the door, not even caring that I left my phone behind.

 

~~~

(Your POV)

I finished my shower and walked out my room in some sweatpants and basic top with my damp hair still wrapped in its microfiber towel.

I opened my door to find the boys walking out of their room one by one like they just had some sort of meeting.

I followed behind them into the living room.

Bobby and Hanbin were already chillin on my couch, Hanbin eating my big container of cheeto puffs.

He looked so cute.

I looked around for Yoongi.

"Hey, where'd Yoongi go?" I asked and nobody answered.

I could see the guys avoiding eye contact with me.

I was getting annoyed that nobody was answering me.

"Hello, somebody had to see him. This place isnt that big" I said.

"I saw him go outside"

"Thank you Hanbinnie" I said.

"I told you stop calling me that" He said, embarrased.

"As long as you're eating all of my cheeto puffs, I can call you whatever I want. And dont stain my couch with your cheeto fingers either" I told him.

I walked back into my room and grabbed my phone.

I dialed Yoongi's number.

As the phone began ringing, I could hear Yoongi's ringtone coming from their room.

I walked inside and found his phone sitting on the desk.

I began to get a little worried.

Why would Yoongi leave the apartment without his phone?

I walked back into the livingroom.

"Where did he go? He didnt take his phone with him" I asked anybody who would answer.

"We dont know where he went, he just stormed off" Hansol finally told me the truth.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

I walked back in my room and put on some shoes.

I took the towel off my head, letting my damp hair fall on shoulders, wetting my shirt.

I put on a sweater and make my way towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Bobby asked.

"Where do you guys think im going? Im going to find Yoongi. Something you guys clearly dont think is important" I said.

And with that, I walked out the door.

 

~~

The sun was starting to set and it looked beautiful. I just hoped that I would find Yoongi before it got dark.

He seemed to just have left so he couldnt have gone too far, but downtown LA was huge and he couldve gone anywhere.

"Idiot, why would you leave without your phone" I said outloud to my myself.

I just took a random right turn, hoping he went this way.

It's a lot harder trying to find Yoongi, because LA is so diverse rather than in Seoul where you'd find a random black girl walking down the street.

I just let my body walk wherever it thinks he would go.

Whether it was the financial distict, to santee alley and to the Staples Center.

I was now tired from all the waking and I was starting to give up, as I let my body walk me into smashburger across the street.

My brain must've told my body it was hungry.

I ordered my usual: basic meat, cheese and bbq sauce on a egg bun but without fries.

I used samsung pay since I didnt bring my wallet and sat down, waiting for my order.

~

I sat and ate for about 30 minutes when I decided I should probably continue on with my search.

I got up and walked out the door.

Once I turned to start walking, I bumped into somebody.

"Oh im so sorry" I said, as I looked up at them.

My heart started to do flips as I threw myself on them in a hug.

"Yoongi, what the hell is your problem. Why would you leave without your phone. I was so worried you'd get lost" I said.

He looked down at me and smiled.

"You were scared for me?" He smiled again and held me tighter.

"Of course I was scared, you dont know your way around and you could easily get lost" I told him, letting go of the hug.

He just stared at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked him, laughing.

He didnt respond, he just kept staring at me.

I pinched his cheeks, getting him to snap out of his trance and come back to reality.

"Ouch" He rubbed his cheeks.

"Are you okay?" I laughed a bit.

"Yeah..actually no im not okay" He admitted.

My eyebrows scrunched in.

"How come? Whats wrong? Is it the reason you left the apartment?" I rubbed my thumb along his chin.

"I need to tell you something, but right now lets take a walk. I want to enjoy this moment with you" He grabbed my hand.

The sun had set about 15 minutes ago and now it was dark.

My apartment was a 25 minute walk from here so it wouldnt take us long to get into my warm apartment but I also wished it was longer because I really enjoy spending alone time with Yoongi.

The city lights made this walk a lot more romantic and the sound of the city was actually calming for once.

We made small talk about the little things we saw during our walk. Pointing things out and places we wanted to try.

We approached my apartment but I didnt want to go inside yet, so we decided to sit and talk by the pool in the complex.