Chapter 20

To Find You

We arrived at our destination:

Los Angeles Zoo

"Bobby, I cant believe you brought me back to this place" I laughed.

"Come on, we had a great time here last time" He laughed too.

"No, that giraffe tried to eat my head off!" I said.

"Hey, dont blame the giraffe for having good taste" He looked at me.

I glared at him.

The last time Bobby and I came here we were having a private zoo tour and we were able to feed and pet the girafffes. 

One giraffe in particular thought it was a good idea to eat my messy bun.

It was so terrifying, I thought it was going to rip my head off.

The zoo compensated us free passes for life, but why the hell would I ever want to come back to this place.

I had given Bobby my pass years ago, so that he could keep them because I wasnt going to use it.

I guess he kept them all this time.

"Please, lets go inside. I'll buy you that giant panda you always wanted" He gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, we'll go inside. But not because you said youll be me the panda..although you just promised so you're going to have to buy it" I smiled.

"Lets go!" He said, and we hopped out the car.

He held my hand as we walked over to the main gates.

"So long as" I said quietly as we walked passed the people waiting in long lines.

Bobby took out our passes from his wallet and I reached in my purse for my I.D.

The employee checked our passes and I.D. and we walked inside.

"Where should we go first?" I asked him.

"Should we get the panda first?" He suggested.

"We should get it last because I dont want to have to carry it the whole time we're here" I told him.

"But what if the big one gets sold" 

He made a point.

I gasped.

"Lets go!" I grabbed his hand and ran towards the nearest gift shop.

We found the closest one which happened to have the giant panda on display.

I looked at the tag. 

My jaw dropped, the price went up $30 from the last time we were here.

"Nevermind Bobby, you dont have to buy it anymore" I backed away from the animal.

"What? How come?" He asked.

"Its $120 now. Thats ridiculous" I told him.

"I dont care about the price, you want it and I promised you that I would buy it. So dont even try to fight me on this okay" He picked up the giant plush, and walked towards the counter.

"Woah, someone's a lucky girl" The woman at the register said, smiling at Bobby.

I looked over at her and she scrunched up her nose a bit.

Oh, no she didnt.

I wrapped my arms around his arm.

"Thank you so much for buying this baby, I love you" I leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

Im sure this took Bobby by surprise.

"Oh! You're welcome, anything for you baby girl" He took the oppurtunity to kiss me on the lips again.

The girl's face went blank as she typed on her register.

"That'll be $127.34" She sounded so annoyed.

Good.

Bobby paid her in cash.

"Thank you" She said in her monotone voice.

I gave her a wicked smile as we walked away and out of the shop.

I had Bobby take a picture of me holding the panda.

"Before we go anywhere else, since we're by the front let me take this big guy to the car" He said.

"Okay, i'll wait right here" I sat down at a bench next to us.

I watched Bobby walk away towards the exit.

The employee stamped his hand and he walked out, disappearing through the crowd.

I decided to just take some selfies while I waited.

I pulled out my phone and opened my Snapchat app.

In the midst of the dog filter on snapchat, someone photobombed me.

I stared at the person, through my phone.

"Kai?" I whipped my head around.

"Hey girl" He came around the bench to hug me.

"Its been forever, how are you?" I hugged him back.

Kai was best friends with Bobby and I in high school.

"I've been great! I broke up with crazy Nia-"

"Finally" I cut him off.

"Yeah I know, im in a new relationship. She's 100 times better than Nia" He smiled.

"Is she here?" I asked, looking behind him to see if I saw a girl standing alone somewhere.

"No, she's on vacation with her family" He said.

"Who did you come here with?" I asked.

"Those little guys" He pointed to his little brother and sister.

I looked over and they were standing next to the flamingos.

They look so big now.

"Let me see what she looks like" I said, and he pulled out his phone.

I waved at Kai's siblings as he searched for a photo of his new gf.

"This is her" I grabbed the phone from him and look at the mysterious girl.

My eyes widen.

I zoomed into the phone.

His 'new' girlfriend was...

Kensie.

The picture was them kissing.

She's supposed to be on 'vacation' with her boyfriend, but if Kai says he's her boyfriend. Then who is she with?

"Beautiful isnt she?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, um-"

"Kai!?" Bobby came running up to us.

"Bobby!" Kai met him halfway.

"Oh  man, how have you been. Its been 4 years!" Bobby smiled his gummy smile.

Bobby and I went to USC, while Kai went CSU.

I know ironic and weird.

I swiped to the left, and the next picture was of them smiling.

"Hey Bobby, look. Kai was just showing me his girlfriend" I said, giving Bobby the 'wtf look' look.

I handed Bobby the phone as his eyes widened just like mine.

"Kai, can we go? Im hungry" His little sister, whined.

Bobby handed him back his phone slowly.

"You're number is still the same, right?" Kai asked both of us.

"Mine is different, but Bobby's is the same" I said.

"Okay. We should meet up soon, and i'll get your number later" Kai said, and he ran off to his siblings.

After he walked away, Bobby and I gave each other the same look.

"What the fuu-"

"That cheating " I cut him off.

"She tries to act all innocent and secretive about her relationship with me. Its because she's a hoe" I was completely shook.

"Like im not even mad because she's playing Kai, if it was anybody I would be upset. I dont like cheaters you know" I rolled my eyes.

"Not to change the subject, but like arent you basically cheating on me with Yoongi" He said.

I whipped my head around.

"Are you kidding me!?" I glared at him.

"The difference between me and her, is that I am truly in love with the both of you and you both know that. You both know about each other, im not sneaking around telling lies to each person about how I want to be with them and only them. You know my sitaution and how hard this is for me. Dont you ever compare me to a cheater" I hissed at him.

"This was the time we were supposed to think about only us.Why would you even bring this up Bobby. Do want me to think about Yoongi on our date? Are you trying to push me into his arms?" I said.

"You're supposed to be on my side. Not reminding me how much of a terrible person I am for loving two men at the same time" I could tell he wanted to say something, but I kept cutting him off.

I didnt want to hear what he had to say.

I walked away from him, not sure where I was going.