Chapter 39

To Find You

(Yoongi's POV) 

I pulled Bobby aside, far away from the rest of the group.

"Whats up man?" Bobby said, the moment we stopped walking.

"Okay so what im about to say is killing me inside but I need you to understand that her safety is all I care about" I told him.

HIs eyes expressed his confusion.

"Why, what happened?" He asked me.

"The guys and I have to go back to Seoul to take care of some business, and I need you to take care of her while we're gone"

Bobby tilted his head.

"I dont need you to tell me to take of her, I've already been doing that. Second, Seoul? I thought she met you guys in New York?" He questioned.

I was taken back by his snarky comment.

"Listen im not going to go back and forth with you about who treats her the best, all im saying is that she's going to need you to lean on when we leave. No its not going to be forever but I dont know how long it'll be. Just promise me that you'll be there for her" I told him.

He took in a deep breath.

"Look, I dont know what your situation is but you're right. Her safety and mental state is what's most important to me. So ill keep an extra eye on her" He said.

"Thank you" I smiled genuinely at him.

"When are you going to tell her that you're leaving?" He asked me.

"Not right now, but probably later on tonight" I told him.

"When do you actually leave?" He asked.

I paused for a few seconds.

"Tomorrow" I said.

His eyes flashed wide and went back to normal.

"Man, this is going to be a long night" Bobby put his hand on his forehead, running his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, but thank you my mind will be a little bit at ease now" I held out my hand.

Bobby reached out, grabbing it and we properly shook hands.

"Its not a problem, really" He replied.

 

(Your POV)

Hansol and I walked back to the cabana, all use of hands in tow.

I could see the two loves of my life sitting back with the rest of the group.

They're engaging in conversation with Yongguk and Jimin and I wondered, what good did I do for them to get along so well so quickly.

The presence of us with food caught the attention of the boys as Tae, Yoongi and Kikwang came running in our direction.

Tae and Kikwang each grabbed a platter from my hand, while Yoongi grabbed my waist and walked with me back to the group.

I looked over at Bobby who was still in conversation with Yongguk, Jimin and now Hanbin.

Im surprised he didnt even react to Yoongi running up just to hold me. Normally he would jump up and fight for my attention too.

I just shook it off and held Yoongi back.

He kissed the top of my head as I squeezed him tighter.

We met up with the group as I sat down next to Bobby, with Yoongi on my other side.

The boys began to dig in.

"Hold on guys!" I said, them in mid-chew.

They froze.

"You guys need to sanitize your hands before you touch all this food. Ya'll were touching all those dirty slides and railings.

I reached over to the chair behind me, grabbing my purse and taking out my hand sanitizer.

I first used it for myself and then I handed it to Yoongi.

From there on, they just passed it along until Bobby handed it back to me.

"There, now you all may eat"

I could barely get all of my words out before they all went digging in.

I shook my head and laughed at all my friends hungrily behavior.

This is probably one of the best birthdays i've ever had, being surrounded by people that are not only my best friends, but my family.

I grabbed a burger and dug in with the rest.

~~

(A few moments ago: Yoongi & Hanbin's conversation)

I pulled Bobby's brother, Hanbin, aside because I wanted to get a little information on what type of guy he was and if I could trust him with my girl. Just because im going to be leaving without her doesnt mean that I want her to be by herself, or left with an untrustworthy person.

I could tell Hanbin was sorta struggling to balance so I decided to sit so he would be more comfortable.

"What's this all about?" Hanbin asked.

Man this kid is sassy. I thought to myself.

"I just wanted know what kind of person Bobby is and who else to learn it from then his own brother" I told him.

"Why the hell would I tell you any of that?" He asked.

"Why are you so defensive all the time?" I asked him.

He glared at me.

"Im not defensive all the time, I just have to keep my guard up around you guys because its my brother and I against the 7 of you" He told me.

"And see thats not what I want this to be. Im not trying to be against either of you. I just need to know the person who im going to be leaving her with" I said.

"Wait, youre leaivng?" He asked.

"Yeah for a while and I know her and she-"

"I know her too" He cut me off.

I took in a deep breath.

"I know that...okay then we know her and we know when she's hurt she can be unpredictable and I know that shes going to be mad at me for a while and that she's not going to be thinking rationally so I need to know that she's going to be in good hands" I explained to him.

He seemed to relax a bit after I spilled the truth.

"Bobby.." He began.

"Without Bobby, I dont know where i'd be in life. Not only has he done his older brother duties, he has played his fatherly duties as well. We had our dad in our life, but he never payed enough attention to me and Bobby stepped in his shoes and made sure that I stayed on the right path. He helped me pass all my classes making sure I got into college, he helped me though all my breakups, and he helped me become the man that I am today. I could never give back what he's given to me and to see how giving he still is to this day is truly inspiring to me. Whether you approve of Bobby or not, he even helped her get through some of the hardest moments in her life so being there for him is something the both of us feel is needed. We are very grateful to him" Hanbin finished.

I never thought of it like that.

Hearing those words coming his own brothers mouth, made me realize that he's been there for her for moments when we didnt know the other existed so I know that he'll be here to protect her even now.

I just really need to hear those words coming directly from him to be sure.

"Alright, thanks man. Leaving is not what I want to do but in order to protect her I have to do this" I told him.

"What do you have to do?" He asked me.

"I cant really discuss that right now, its just some personal business that I shouldve dealt with a long time ago. Thats all I can really say" I said.

"That's fine, business is business. But just know that what she feels whenever you get back is not our fault" He told me.

"I know, and thats what im afraid of" I finished.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know..im sorry its been 4 months. Thats all I can really say lol