Friend?

Lies On Paper

Friend?

 

[Nana's POV]
Seungjun and I were busy working in Aunt's field. She was having her session with Doctor Jung for her illness so we were the only ones in the field. "Think fast!" I shouted to Seungjun as I flung a cabbage at him. He bolted up and spun around catching it in both hands. I pouted and grumbled as I crouched back down. He started laughing as he placed the cabbage in his cart. "I can never catch you out, your reflexes are too fast." I grumbled.
"Kim Nana, are you trying to kill me with a cabbage?" He asked me. I started laughing and quickly shook my head. He smirked and turned back around to continue harvesting the vegetables.

 

"I can't kill you, you're needed to help make the kimchi" I called out to him as I crouched down and continued doing what I was doing.
"Am I only good for making kimchi?" He asked me sarcastically.
"No." I laughed as I shook my head.
"Oh really?! What else am I good for then?" He said as I saw his head pop up across the field and smirk at me.
"Sorry I'm afraid I can't tell you otherwise your head might not fit out the gate." I said as we both started laughing together. As we were joking around with each other, I heard a noise coming from the front of the field. 

 

I stopped what I was doing and made my way over to the front of the field. "Aunt?" I shouted out loudly as I got closer. I turned the corner and froze on the spot. "What the hell!" I cried out surprised. I was faced with a guy who had his back to me, he was tall and his hair was blonde. He was wearing a white t-shirt, denim shorts and had a large black backpack on. "Yah! Stop messing around!" I said rapidly as I became more and more excited. 
"Eh? How did you know it was me?!" Seokjin cried out as he turned around with a large grin on his face.
"You've got blonde hair! Aye~ Kim Seokjin!" I said excitedly as I clapped my hands. He jumped around excitedly and held his arms open. 

 

I laughed and flung my arms open as I ran into them. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. I squealed as he spun me around and we laughed together. "When did you arrive?!" I asked him intrigued. 
"Just now! Uncle told me you were working here so I ran here!" He said happily. I nodded with a large grin on my face happily. Seokjin was my best friend, we had known each other for 20 years when we started Kindergarten when we were 4 years old. 
"I went to your apartment and you weren't there, then I went to your parents house and they said you were here so I came here!" He told me excitedly.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
I heard Nana's squeals and I bolted upright. Was someone there? Is she ok? It sounds like happy squealing... I wandered down the field slightly so I was able to see Nana at the front. I watched her as she was picked up and spun around by a blonde haired guy. I froze and stared at them. Who is this? They seem close? I stared at them emotionless. He put Nana down and they began talking happily together. Suddenly the guy looked across in my direction and I opened my eyes wide, frozen. He had seen me. Did he recognise me? Or did he not know who I was?

 

[Nana's POV]
"Oh! Who's that?" Seokjin said as he pointed behind me. I looked around to find Seungjun in the distance looking at us both. "Who is he?" Seokjin asked me again. I stuttered and Seungjun quickly.turned around and walked away, hiding his face. I turned back around to find Seokjin gone and he had already began making his way in Seungjun's direction. 
"Yah! Seokjin wait!" I cried out as I went chasing after him. I followed him and he walked straight towards Seungjun. Seungjun turned around and looked surprised. 
"Hello! My name's Seokjin. Kim Seokjin." Seokjin said to Seungjun as he bowed his head. Seungjun bowed his head to him.
"My name is S.. Seon Hanuel. Your relationship with Nana..?" Seungjun stuttered back.

 

"Related? Oh no! We are dating!" Seokjin said happily as he pulled me to to the side of him. I cringed and Seungjun's face dropped.
"He's lying! He's lying!" I quickly shouted out as Seungjun looked at us emotionless. Seokjin laughed and patted the top of Seungjun's arm.
"I'm joking Hanuel. But now I know your relationship with Nana." Seokjin joked as he smirked. I sighed and glared at Seokjin as Seungjun laughed awkwardly. "I'm her best friend, like a brother to her. We've known each other for 20 years." Seokjin told Seungjun.
"Ah I see." Seungjun stuttered as he glanced at me a couple of times, trying to hint something at me.
"Oh. Oh! Seokjin! Let's go put your things at the house!" I quickly said as I pulled Seokjin away from Seungjun.

 

"Oh ok! It was nice meeting you Hanuel! You look familar. I feel like we've met before." Seokjin said happily as he waved. Seungjun smiled and waved to him. I wandered down the field beside Seokjin as I glanced back at Seungjun. I looked at him worriedly and he winked to me whilst smiling. He was reassuring me, telling me everything would be ok. He knew I was panicking and worrying because Seokjin had just said he looked familiar. I turned back around and smiled to Seokjin as we walked out of the fields together. 
"It's nice Hanuel is here. Otherwise you would be alone with no one your age. And I'm here now too! So we can have fun!" Seokjin said excitedly as he went running off down the pathway.

 


 

[Seungjun's POV]
I sat down in front of the large red tub filled with cabbages and red pepper paste. Nana, Seokjin and I were sat in a circle around the tub, ready to make the kimchi together. We were all wearing clear plastic gloves and we were ready to coat the cabbage leaves in the red pepper paste. "One! Two! Three! Fighting!" Nana cheered loudly as we all high fived each other in the circle. We all cheered together and began coating the cabbage leaves in the large red tub. I was busy when I glanced up to find Seokjin looking at me. I frowned and he began smiling.
"Sorry sorry. You just look really familiar." He said happily which caused Nana to look up.

 

"Aish! Seokjin! Don't be so ridiculous!" She shouted at him quickly as she hit the side of his arm. He clutched it pretending to be in pain before they both started laughing.
"So where did you come from? Sunmul isn't an island most people know about." Seokjin asked him. Nana sighed deepily and I stuttered awkwardly.
"Seokjin! Stop asking him questions!" Nana grumbled loudly.
"Why~ I want to know what guy your dating." Seokjin moaned. 
"Shush!" Nana quickly said as she panicked and looked around.
"Omo. Aunt and Uncle don't know." Seokjin said surprised.

 

Nana stood up, "Ah~ I think we need some more red pepper paste" Nana grumbled. I glanced down at the pot which was still half full and hid it around my side of the tub away from Seokjin. "Hanuel, come help me." She said quickly as she pulled me up. Seokjin sniggered and Nana pulled me along. 
"It doesn't take two people to get a pot of red pepper paste!" Seokjn called out to us.
"The pot is on the highest shelf and Hanuel is taller than you!" Nana shouted back to him.
"Omo! Did you just call me small?!" Seokjin shouted back sarcastically.

 

Nana led me into the kitchen and sighed heavily. "It's fine Nana! Don't panic!" I reassured her as I smiled. She looked up at me and shook her head. "If he finds out, you can just kill him with a cabbage." I said as I laughed quietly.
"Seungjun. This isn't a time to joke around." She said bluntly.
I stuttered, "Ah. Sorry." 
"Should we just tell him?" Nana asked me.
"Tell him what! That I'm not Hanuel, I'm actually Seungjun!" I whined. She sighed and scratched her head.
"It's Seokjin, he won't stop until we answer him." She worried.
"You can't tell him Nana. Please. Don't." I insisted as she nodded.

 

[Nana's POV]
We finished making the kimchi and separated it into multiple plastic containers. "When did you first meet?" Seokjin asked.
I glared at him, "Seokjin, I thought we stopped the Q&A session?" I said to him sarcastically. He laughed and nodded to me. 
"Hanuel! Can you come and help me with something?!" We heard Aunt shout loudly from inside the house. 
"Yes!" Seungjun quickly said as he jumped up and disappeared inside.
"He helps out a lot doesn't he?" Seokjin asked me.
I nodded to him, "Aunt can't reach up for things so he helps get things down for her." I told him. He nodded to me and smiled.

 

I stood up and pulled him up with me. "What? What's wrong?" Seokjin asked me. I pulled him around the back of the house with me and let go off his arm. "Kim Nana, something is wrong right? I'm not stupid. I know when something is wrong. You can trust me, when have I let you down in 20 years?" Seokjin told me as he folded his arms. I bowed my head.
"You haven't." I mumbled.
"Exactly!" He said as he smiled. 
I looked around and pulled Seokjin to the side out of view and he looked at me as he frowned, "Seokjin, I need to tell you something."

 


 

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! I hope you are enjoying the story and keep commenting because I love to read your comments! People have wondered how long Seungjun has been missing for and at Sunmul Island - he has been missing and been at the island for a couple of months now. Nana was supposed to have gone back but she has taken an extended holiday as she is still able to work from the island. I go on holiday tomorrow so I won't be able to update the story until I get back (6th of August) and I've realised it's been left on a cliffhanger *evil but guilty laugh* I hope all my lovelies are still here when I return and I promise it will be a DOUBLE UPDATE on the 6th! :)