Sunmul

Lies On Paper

Sunmul

 

[Nana's POV]
I sat at my desk surrounded in papers and notes. "Ugh!~" I sighed to myself as I held my head in my hands. I had attempted the report but I was getting no where. It wasn't often a popular idol just randomly disappeared. 
"Nana Sunbae! Sajangnim wants to see you in his office." A worker told me as they came up to my desk. I nodded to them and thanked them. As I gathered my notepad and pen, I sighed. He was probanly asking for my progress, which at the minute was getting no where. I made my way towards his office and knocked on the door a couple of times.

 

After shouting me in, I sat down in the chair opposite to him, in front of his desk. "Nana! I have some good news for you! We have managed to secure a place at the YNB press conference. There will be staff members of YNB and the other members of KNK giving an official statement on Park Seungjun. But it is only a small press conference so only the respectable news reporters have been allowed access." He informed me. I smiled happily and nodded to him as I jotted down the date and time. Yes! This may give me something for my report so I can make some progress!

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I finished getting ready and headed towards the YNB Entertainment company building where the press conference was being held. Luckily it was only like walking to work, just on the opposite side of the road. As I turned the corner, the street was empty. I frowned and continued walking. I thought it would be full of reporters like last time, all of them trying to get into the press conference. But nothing. I reached the front doors and awkwardly walked inside. I was nervous. Why was I nervous? I looked around in amazement as I headed towards the front desk.

 

A receptionist looked up at me and I looked around awkwardly. Ah. I see now. The press conference was a secret, only the reporters who were invited knew about it. "Can I help you?" She said in confusion. I pulled my ID card out of my bag and secretly slipped it across the desk. She looked at it then looked back at me and smiled. She passed me my ID card back and I slipped it back in my bag. "Please follow me." She told me. I nodded to her and followed her down the corridors. Soon we reached a large meeting room and showed me inside. 
"Thank you" I told her as I headed inside. There were a couple of reporters already sat along one side of the meeting table. I quickly sat down at the side of them and waited.

 

Soon the meeting table the same side as me became full of 10 news reporters, and the other side of the meeting table was left empty for I suppose the staff and KNK members. We waited for a while and soon the door opened. A couple of staff members, including KNK's manager walked in, followed by the four KNK members themselves. "Thank you for coming." Their manager said to us all. We all stood up and bowed our heads to greet them silently.
"Thank you allowing us." I said which broke the silence. I received glares and gasps from the other reports, but their manager smiled to me and nodded his head.

 

We all sat down and I was sat opposite Youjin. He looked at me for a while before looking away. "We decided to this press conference privately because we know a lot of reporters are portraying our Seungjun in a bad way. But we know you are all from respectable companies and only base your reports around the facts." One of the staff members of YNB Entertainment stated. "We hope you will write good reports on our Seungjun. We entirely believe there is some explanation on why Seungjun has gone missing, his disappearance is unexpected but there is an explanation which we will find out once we find him." Another staff member told us.

 

After the staff had spoken with us for a while, it was time for a small question and answer session. "What will happen to KNK's performance at the Chinese festival which is tomorrow?" One reporter at the other end of the table asked. 
"We are still discussing with the festival over in China, we are uncertain whether KNK will still perform based on the circumstances." Their manager said.
"I would like to ask how the members are feeling? A lot of reports mainly focus on the bad reasons why Park Seungjun left which are false, but I also want to know how the other members are feeling because they are affected as well." I said as all the other members looked up at me. 

 

Youjin stared at me and sighed. "It is affecting us a lot. We just want Seungjun hyung back with us. Back with us in the practice room, back with us on stage. We don't believe anything bad has happened to Seungjun, but we don't know what has happened. We all need time and space, so we please ask other reporters if they can not crowd around the company and our dorm." Jihun said as I scribbled down on my notepad. 
"We know there is a reason for Seungjun disappearing. He wouldn't have done this without there being a reason. We are still trying to get in contact with his family." Youjin told me.
"Thank you." I said afterwards as I bowed my head whilst looking at each one of them individually and they all bowed their heads to me.

 

As I wandered back down the street to my apartment after the press conference had finished, the peaceful silence was broken by the sound of my phone ringing loudly. "Oh! Umma!" I cried out surprised as I answered my phone.
"Nana-ah, I have something to ask you. Remember your Aunt and Uncle who live on Sunmul Island. Well, your Aunt has fallen ill. Can you over there and help them out?" She asked me.
I sighed, "But Umma, I have work~" I whined to her.
"Can't you get some time off? You're a workaholic, you have never had any time off before. I'm sure they will let you." She pleaded with me.
"Fine. I'll ask tomorrow." I told her. She thanked me repeatedly then ended the call. I sighed. What am I going to do about the report?!

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I entered my boss' office, "Oh! Nana! What can I do for you?" He asked me as he frowned. I never usually enter his office unless he has asked for me, I never usually have an issues and I never miss days off work either. He showed me the seat in front of his desk and I smiled to him as I sat down.
"I have an Aunt and an Uncle who live on Sunmul Island, my Aunt has fell ill so my mother has asked me if I was able to go over for a month to help my Uncle." I explained to him.
"Ah I see." He said as he held his head in his hands, I grimaced and stayed silent. "Ok. Well, your report on Park Seungjun is due at the end of the month, so you can finish it whilst you are over there. When you come back, I expect it completed. I'll allow you to go as it is personal and family issues." He told me as he looked up.
I nodded to him, "Thank you sajangnim, I will get it completed."

 

The next week:
"Thank you Ahjusshi!" I said happily as I jumped off the fishing boat. He smiled to me and I waved to him. 
"Your uncle is out working but your aunt should be at the farm." He told me as he began sorting out his boat.
"Ok! Thank you!" I said to him as I bowed politely.
"If she isn't there, Hanuel will be there. Have fun!" He told me. Han... Hanuel?! Before I could ask him, he had already turned his boat around and was disappearing into the distance. Hanuel? Whose Hanuel..? I grabbed my bags and turned around. I hadn't been here in a few years but luckily I still remembered my way. But who was Hanuel, I didn't have any cousins...

 

I headed down the paths of Sunmul Island. The Island was full of old traditional Korean houses which were attached to farms. There were two large fishing and vegetable factories, and a couple of shops. And that was all of Sunmul Island. If someone wanted to runaway, Sunmul was the perfect place. You would be out of sight from the rest of Korea, and the only people who live here are Ahjummas, Ahjusshis, and a few children and teenagers who were home schooled. "Oh! Kim Nana! Is that you?!" Someone called out behind me. I turned around and bowed to greet one of my Aunt's oldest friends. "It is you! Wow! Haven't you grown!" She said excitedly as she looked me up and down. I smiled to her and looked down at her holding a large red tub of freshly picked white radishes.

 

"Your Aunt is still at the doctors, but the gate to the house should be open." The Ahjumma told me. I thanked her and she gave me a big grin before passing me down the path. I turned back around and made my way up the path again. Finally I reached a large traditional Korean house. My Aunt and Uncle's house. I pushed open the gate which led into the front porch and looked around. It had been a couple of years since I was here last, and not much had changed. I placed my bags down on the wooden bench in the front porch. I looked around, sheltering my eyes from the sun when I heard footsteps coming from around the back of the house. "Oh! Aunt!" I shouted out excitedly as I turned around but it wasn't her.

 


 

Author's note: Thank you to all my lovely subscribers! I hope you are enjoying the story! Thank you for subscribing and I would love to see some comments on what you think so far. The next chapter will be up in 4 days on Sunday 3rd July. Who do you think Nana has seen? You'll find out soon! Thank you my lovelies :)