Park Seungjun

Lies On Paper

Park Seungjun

 

[Nana's POV]
I stood frozen as I was faced with a tall guy wearing a sleeveless top, shorts and wet hair. Park Seungjun! It was Park Seungjun! He froze and repeatedly blinked at me. I opened my eyes wide and he quickly rushed over to me, covering my mouth with his hand. I mumbled repeatedly but he was stopping me from talking. "Who are you?" He asked me as I pulled his hand away from my mouth. He looked at me awkwardly and quickly put his hand down.
"Kim Nana! This is my Aunt and Uncle's house!" I shouted at him angrily as I wiped my mouth a couple of times.
"Oh~ Aunt and Uncle..." He stuttered.

 

He quickly crept off and I turned around to see what he was doing. He looked both ways out of the gate before shutting it. He then wandered back to me. "Do you know who I am?" He asked me. I shook my head. I lied. I knew who he was. He was Park Seungjun of KNK. "Are you sure?" He asked me again as he leant closer to me until I could almost feel his breath of my face. I sighed and he smirked. 
"Ah~ I see. You do know who I am." He sighed as he pulled himself back, creating a gap between us. "You know I'm Seungjun, right?" He asked me again and this time I nodded. He closed his eyes and grimaced.

 

"So I see you're helping my Aunt and Uncle, Hanuel?" I asked him. He looked up at me shocked to hear I had called him by the name 'Hanuel'. A small smile appeared on his face and he nodded to me.
"Is that a sign of you telling me you won't tell anyone?" He asked me as his small smile turned into a grin. I smiled and nodded.
"But why-" I began to ask him.
"Don't ask any questions. I want to show you something." He interrupted me as he took my hand and led me around the side of the house. I looked down awkwardly at his hand wrapped around mine, but he soon let go when we reached the back of the house. 

 

"Oh! You've done the garden!" I said surprised as my Aunt's garden was freshly cut, the flowers and plants were watered, and the trees had been cut back neatly. He nodded to me proudly. 
"Aunt should be back after her medical check up. Uncle is out fishing tonight. Oh and I'm cooking, so you've turned up on a good day." He told me. I blinked at him repeatedly and stayed silent. He looked across at me and frowed. But he seemed so happy? Didn't he know what was happening in Seoul? Didn't he know how upset and anxious everyone was? "What's wrong..." He stuttered confused.
"Why? Why did you come here? Why did you run away-" I began to ask him but we were cut off by the sound of the gate creaking.

 

"Kids!" She shouted loudly. We both ran around the side of the house, back to the front. She looked at us both and a smile grew on her face. "Omo! Nana! Haven't you grown!" She cried out. I smiled to her and walked up to her as she hugged me tightly. "I see you have met Hanuel! Isn't he a nice young boy, he helps us everyday." She explained to me. I nodded to her and glanced back at Seungjun who was stood smiling happily. I was happy to see my Aunt but ah! Bad timing! I wanted Seungjun to answer my questions. Not for my report, but for my peace of mind. "Hanuel is cooking tonight. He is a good cook, so don't worry." She told me. I laughed and nodded to her.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I wandered into the kitchen, following the smell of food and just because I was being nosey. I had finished unpacking in my room before the smell of cooking hit me. I looked around and Seungjun was busy frying on the stove. He had all his dishes laid out and everything looked under control. "Oh! Hello!" He said happily as he greeted me. I waved to him and smiled as I continued looking around. I knew Seungjun was known for his friendly and happy nature, but honestly I couldn't believe how true this was. I just wanted to know what caused him to disappear randomly. He didn't seem like the type who would.

 

"Oh! Doesn't he look handsome cooking, right Nana?" My Aunt said happily as she joined us in the kitchen. I heard a quiet giggle from Seungjun and he looked around at us with a big grin on his face. I scoffed and just nodded to her as I wandered into a different room. My Aunt looked very happy with Seungjun here, since she had become ill and was struggling to do some of her jobs, Seungjun must have been a great help. But I still don't understand why he would have left everything, and come to a small island where he is unknown to work help out on a farm and a fishing boat.

 

Soon dinner was served on the table. It was one of the greatest things I had tasted and I hadn't eaten in a while since I was travelling. I glanced up to find Seungjun smiling at me. I frowned at him. "Why are you looking at me..." I stuttered awkwardly. I received a glare and a nudge in my side from my Aunt. He smirked and then went back to eating. "Why!~" I whined.
"Hanuel sometimes does that, he checks to see if you are enjoying his food and eating well." She whispered to me. I nodded to her and continued eating quietly. 

 

"So Nana, how is your job? How is the writing going?" My Aunt asked me. I opened my eyes wide and froze. No no. Seungjun can't know I'm a reporter. 
"Oh! It's going fine! I'm working hard Aunt!" I said happily.
"What sort of writing do you do?" Seungjun asked me.
"She's a-" My Aunt began to answer him.
"A children's book writer! I'm a children's book writer!" I quickly butted in. She frowned at me but gave up and continued eating. I smiled at Seungjun and he smiled back to me. I didn't want to lie to him, but I didn't want him to run away again either.

 

"I'll wash the dishes." I offered after we had all finished eating.
"I'll help you." Seungjun said. 
"No no. It's fine. You cooked, I'll clean." I told him.
"It'll be done quicker if we both do it, you must be tired from travelling so I'll help you." He insisted. I sighed but then thought for a while. Aunt was busy doing something, so this could give me an opportunity to ask him questions. I showed him an 'OK' sign with my fingers and he smiled to me. We both stacked the dishes up and carried them to the sink. He washed the pots whilst I cleaned the table then dried the pots after him. 

 

"So, Hanuel..." I began to ask him.
"You want to know why I came here right?" He said as he looked across at me. I gulped and nodded to him quietly. 
"I don't know..." He stuttered as he sighed. I stopped what I was doing and looked across at him. "Nana, I'm ill. There's something wrong with me but I don't know what it is yet. I want to stay here to get better and then I will return." He explained to me. I frowned and finished the last few pots which were left to dry.
"But why did you come here?" I asked him again, still confused.
"I don't know. I don't know what happened. I just woke up and I was here, I was called Hanuel by Aunt then I remembered that I came here by your Uncle's fishing boat." He told me. I nodded to him and patted his shoulder as he looked sad. He looked up at me and I smiled to him. 

 

We sat beside each other on the wooden bench in the front porch sipping small cartons of milk. "I'll help you Seungjun." I said to him as I looked across at him. He opened his eyes wide and quickly looked around whilst panicking.
"Yah! What if someone heard you!" He cried out. 
I laughed, "No one is here, can't you hear Aunt snoring?" I joked.
He paused for a second and the air was filled with my Aunt's snores. He laughed quietly and nodded to me with a big grin on his face. 
"Thank you Kim Nana." He said to me happily. "You won't tell anyone about me, right? Promise?" He asked me as he smiled. I nodded to him and held up my little finger to promise him.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
I looked across at Nana as she looked up at the sky whilst sipping her milk. I knew there was something wrong with me, I just didn't know what it was. I didn't realise I had ran away to this island until I woke up the following morning. It was like I had -out. Like it wasn't me who ran away. I knew it wasn't fair on my family, my other members and my Tinkerbells. But I needed to get better for them, and maybe Sunmul Island was the best place for me to get better, and maybe Nana would help me get better. I glanced across at Nana and smiled to myself before looking up at the night sky where she was looking herself.