Truths

Lies On Paper

Truths

 

[Nana's POV]
I drew a cross on my calendar for yesterday. I stared at my calendar and sighed. It had been seven days since Seungjun was gone. He was meant to have come back three days ago but he still hadn't returned. I hope nothing had happened to him, he hadn't got caught right? The island seemed less happier and less brighter without him. I sighed and I slumped in my chair. Everything seemed so much boring without Seungjun. I was supposed to leave the island a while ago but I used up all of my holidays from work to stay for longer with Seungjun and I was still able to write reports here. "Nana!" My Aunt shouted as she came through the doorway into my bedroom. 

 

I looked up and quickly sat up properly. "What's wrong? Ah~ are you missing Hanuel?" She said with a smirk.
"No!" I quickly denied. She smirked slightly and nodded to me.
"Can you go to the Jung's house and collect some things for me? You'll need to take the cart with you." She asked me.
I nodded to her, "Are they across the other side of the island?" I asked her. She nodded to me and smiled. "Ok, I'll leave now, it'll probably take me most of the afternoon." I said as I pulled myself up. The Jung's house was on the opposite side of the island from my Aunt and Uncle's house. This was my Aunt's job and it often took her a whole day to get there, collect the things, then come back. But since she became ill, she wasn't able to do it anymore.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I finished collecting all the things from the Jung's house and was on my way back. I was dragging the cart along behind me which was weighed down by all the items. It was a lot easier when the cart was empty. I sighed repeatedly as I pulled it along behind me slowly as the weight kept pulling me back. "Aigoo!" I cried out as I kept having to stop for rest breaks. How did aunt do this on her own? I have no idea. No wonder she's ill now, she does so much work on the island. I wandered down the pathway back to the house. It had taken me most of the afternoon, and I was hungry and tired. I was busy walking when I glanced up to see how much longer I had left. "Oh!" I shouted out surprised as I noticed something in the distance.

 

I stopped abruptly and looked in the distance to see someone walking towards me. I put my hands above my eyes to shelter my eyes from the sun but I still couldn't see. The figure walked towards me and once they came out of the path of the sun. "S.. S.. Seungjun!" I stuttered before shouting loudly. I dropped the handle of the cart and began running towards him. "Seungjun!" I cried out again. He looked around quickly before opening his arms wide. I ran into them and clung on to him tightly. 
"Yah! Hanuel remember! Hanuel!" He panicked as he wrapped his arms around me. I laughed quietly and nodded to him. He picked me up slightly as he hugged me tightly.

 

"Sorry~ I was excited to see you!" I said happily as he put me back down and pulled back out of the hug to look at me. He kept one of his arms around me as his other hand pushed my hair behind my ear. He sighed with relief and smiled happily. "I missed you!" I cried out as I smiled. He nodded and looked around quickly. He looked back at me and covered my face in kisses as I started laughing. He stopped and grinned happily.
"I missed you too. I'm sorry I'm late." He told me before pointing behind me. "Is it heavy?" He asked me. I shook my head and he let go off me. He jogged back up to the cart and grabbed the handle.
"Liar!" He shouted out to me as he pulled the cart along behind him.

 

He met back up with me and we continued walking back together. "Why didn't you come back earlier? Was something wrong?" I asked him as we walked side by side. 
"I had some tests... Doctor Jung came back with me so he can tell you later." He told me. I looked across at him and he looked across at me. He showed me a cheesy grin which made me smile to him. Is your smile genuine or are you worrying like me? Seungjun looked ahead as I continued looking at him and I heard him sigh.
"Something is wrong, right? Why are you sighing?" I asked him. I heard him laugh quietly as he shook his head to me.
"I want to hold your hand but I can't." He said with a smirk on his face.

 

"Do you want me to carry your backpack since you're pulling the cart?" I asked him as I noticed the backpack on his back.
"I'm fine. Doctor Jung is in there, go and see him now. Am I taking the cart back to the house?" He asked me as we stopped outside the doctor's building. I nodded to him and paused.
"Aren't you coming in with me?" I asked him confused. He shook his head and began walking off as he waved to me. I waved to him and sighed. Why wasn't he coming in with me? Why didn't he want to be there when Doctor Jung was telling me. I took a deep breath before turning to go inside the building.

 

"Oh Nana! It's nice to see you! Come through!" Doctor Jung said as he spotted me. I bowed to greet him and followed him inside his office. He showed me a seat and I sat down next to the seat he sat in. "I'm guessing you have seen Seungjun?" He asked me.
I nodded to him, "I have seen him. But he didn't want to come with me. Is there something wrong?" I asked him as I began worrying.
"We did some tests and they confirmed that Seungjun has dissociative fugue disorder. It is a type of amnesia which can be treated." He began explaining to me.
"Amnesia?!" I cried out surprised.
He nodded to me, "We believe this is why Seungjun disappeared. Often, the disorder is triggered by something and this caused Seungjun to blackout, and briefly forget his identity and he travelled without any plans and ended up here." He told me. 

 

"Triggered by something? Triggered by..?" I stuttered confused.
"We believe it is Seungjun's fear of flying and planes. It is not my place to say, but maybe Seungjun will tell you himself about his fear." Doctor Jung said to me as I nodded to him.
"Can it be treated?" I asked him worriedly.
He nodded to me, "Seungjun has some medication and he has already had some therapy sessions. That is why we are back later because Seungjun wanted to start the sessions." He told me. I smiled slightly and nodded. At least they have already started the therapy sessions. 
"Usually the disorder can last from days to several months. It appears the severity of Seungjun's disorder is low and is only triggered by his fear." He said.

 

"What can I do to help him?" I asked him.
"You can talk to him and help him. He has had some sessions but he will need more. When I do my monthly visits to the island, he can have his sessions then and I would like you to attend them as well. But when he needs his big monthly tests, he'll have to come back to the centre. I'm sure you will be a great help. Just listen to Seungjun's feelings and talk to him. That will help." Doctor Jung told me. I nodded to him and agreed. I would do anything to help Seungjun, I just want him to be happy again and be able to return back to Seoul where he can continue. But I knew it would be difficult for him so I would be here to help him.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
After bringing the cart home, unpacking and having a shower, I wandered outside into the front porch holding a light bulb. I had noticed the light beside the front door was broken. I stood in front of it and reached up to fix the light. I heard the gate creak behind me but I just thought it had moved in the wind. Suddenly I felt warm arms wrap around my waist and a head rested on my back. "Oh!?" I cried out surprised. I finished fixing the new bulb and brought my arms down. I turned around and found Nana looking up at me as she held her arms around me tightly. "I'm back" she said quietly as she hugged me tightly. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her, giving her a big hug.

 

I pulled away slightly but still held her in my arms as I looked at her. "Did you talk to Doctor Jung?" I asked her as I tucked some strands of hair behind her ear. She nodded to me and I nodded. "Did you have a good talk?" I asked her and she nodded again. 
"I'm here. Whenever you want to talk, come and talk to me. I'll listen. I'll sit and listen to you for the whole day." She told me as she smiled. I grinned and nodded to her as I cupped my cheek in my hand. I leant in and down slightly, gently kissing her lips a couple of times before standing back up straight.
"Maybe we should hug like this around the back in case Aunt or Uncle comes back..." I said awkwardly. She laughed and nodded. I took her hand and we ran around the back together whilst laughing.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I laid awake facing my ceiling under my blankets. I tried to fall asleep but I just couldn't. There was something on my mind, Seungjun. I pulled myself up and grabbed my pillow. I stood up and shuffled my feet into my slippers. I wandered quietly out of my room into the main area of the house, holding my pillow in my arms. Aunt and Uncle's door was closed and so was Seungjun's door. The house was in complete darkness and the only source of light was the moonlight shining through the window. I tiptoed towards Seungjun's door and tapped lightly. I pushed the door open slowly and quietly as I looked in.

 

Seungjun rolled over on to his back and looked across at me. I wandered in holding my pillow in my arms as I shut the door behind me. I stood silently and Seungjun sat up. He smirked when he saw me and patted the space he had made on his blankets beside him. I grinned and sat down beside him. I pulled my slippers off and he took my pillow, putting it beside his. "Why are you still awake?" Seungjun asked me as we both laid down facing each other. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.
"I was worried. I don't want you to disappear again so I'm going to hold onto you tightly." I whispered to him. I heard him snigger quietly and he kissed my forehead as I rested my head on his chest.

 

"I won't disappear now I've got you" He whispered to me.
"You can't disappear. I've got you tightly." I told him as I hugged him tightly. He sniggered again and nodded to me. 
"Are you sleeping here?" He asked me. I looked up and him and nodded. He began smiling to me.
"Ok. Let's just get up earlier so we don't get caught by Aunt or Uncle." He told me.
"I don't care. I don't care if they find out about us." I said sleepily as I rested my head back on his chest whilst he my hair gently.

 


 

Author's note: Hello my lovelies! Thank you for the subscribing and the comments! I love reading them all. I hope you are enjoying the story so far! The next update will be on Sunday 24th July (in 3 days!) and then I go on holiday until the 5th of August. But I will try and update at least once or twice while I am on holiday (as long as I can find some source of internet!). Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it! The next chapter will be bringing in a new character!!