Plan

Lies On Paper

Plan

 

[Nana's POV]
I wandered along the paths of the island. I had finished some more of my report and I was going on a walk to rest and clear my head. The deadline was in a week and I was trying not to get distracted or influence my report with the fact that Seungjun was actually living in the same house as me. Luckily I managed to think forward and I had my reporter head on, so my report wasn't completely Seungjun biased. Maybe just a slight bit biased. As I reached the front of the island and the docks, there was a larger boat which was docked next to the regular, smaller fishing boats. "Ahjusshi! Whose boat is that?" I asked an ahjusshi who walked past, holding all of his fishing gear.

 

"Ah! Kim Nana! That one." He smiled as he pointed towards the larger boat. I nodded to him and smiled. "A high school sent a group of students to volunteer here for experience, and also for their teambuilding sessions." He explained to me. I nodded to him and thanked him before he disappeared to get to work. But then I froze. A high school. So they are probably teenagers. But Seungjun. I began panicking and swung around in a rush as I bumped into an Ahjumma.
"Oh! I'm sorry!" I said quickly as I bowed fully to apologise.
"Oh! Nana! What's wrong?" The Ahjumma, who was one of my Aunt's best friends asked me surprised.

 

"Oh! Hello Mrs Lee!" I said as I smiled to her. "The teenagers who came to volunteer, do you know where they are volunteering?" I asked her. She nodded to me and I grinned. Mrs Lee was known as the little bird of the island, she was friends with everyone and knew everything, so of course she would know where they were volunteering.
"They were placed in groups then sent to different farms. Some of the boys went on the fishing boats, but a lot of the girls helped out on the farms and in the fields. There is a group with your Aunt and Hanuel!" She told me happily. I thanked her quickly and dashed off towards the fields where my Aunt's vegetables were. 

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I rushed through the gate and into my Aunt's fields. I looked around and there was no sign of Seungjun. My Aunt was stood looking across at the fields. There was around ten girls helping out the fields, picking the vegetables and putting them in their baskets. Aish, where is Seungjun! I wandered across to my Aunt calmly and stood beside her. "Oh! Nana! You're here!" She said happily as I bowed my head to greet her. I looked across at the young girls helping out in the fields. "Luckily I got a nice bunch of girls, they are happy to help out." She told me. I nodded and smiled to her.

 

"Uhm~ have you seen Hanuel around?" I asked her as I looked around. She began looking around with me and shrugged.
"Oh he must not be back yet." She said as she looked at me.
I frowned, "Where did he go?" I asked her again.
"Oh! He went to collect some water. He left just as the girls got here but he hasn't come back yet. He must not like teenagers." She told me as he laughed. I laughed with her and nodded to her.
"Thank you! I'll go see if he needs help!" I told her as I began to walk away whilst waving.

 

I darted down the pathways towards the water taps which all the island's farms and fields used. I turned a corner to find Seungjun crouched down, holding one of the taps as he filled up one of the buckets. I stopped and began catching my breath back. Seungjun looked around and jumped when he noticed me. "Oh Nana!" He said happily as she waved to me. I sighed and walked up to meet him slowly. I crouched down beside him and he looked across at me. 

"I'll take the buckets back, go home." I told him. But he shook his head and smiled.

"It's fine. I'll just keep my head down. They wouldn't recognise me." He said happily. I sighed and shook my head. Aish, Park Seungjun. Stubborn. I whined to him and he finished filling the buckets up. I grabbed both of them and he pulled one of them off me whilst mimicking my whining.
"Fine." I told him as I gave up. I took my large straw sunhat off my head and placed it onto his head as it covered most of his face. I saw him grin and we started walking back down the path.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
I carried one of the buckets and Nana carried the other. "You know I quite like this hat, I think I might keep it." I as I grinned. I started laughing and she scoffed.
"Psst. You can think again!" She said as she pointed to me. I laughed and we continued walking down the path together. "But what's going to happen if you are recognised?" She asked me. I looked across at her and her face was filled with worry. 
"Don't worry, I won't be. I'll keep my head down." I told her as I smiled to reassure her.
"Ok. I have a plan anyway if you are!" Nana told me as she winked. I frowned at her and she started walking off.
"What is it?!" I called out after her as she refused to tell me. 

 

We finally reached the fields and entered. "Ah there you are Hanuel! I thought you had ran away!" My Aunt joked. Nana laughed awkwardly and I also laughed to ease the awkwardness. We placed our buckets down at the front of the fields and grabbed a basket each. We headed towards an area of the fields which were empty and free from teenage girls. I was busy harvesting the vegetables when I glanced to my side to see Nana looking at the girls behind me. "Omo!" I heard a couple of the girls say before Nana scoffed and crouched back down to continue with what she was doing.

 

I stopped what I was doing and she was busy harvesting that she accidently bumped into me. We both fell back in the mud and she whined. I smirked and got back up, crouching beside her. She pulled a face at me and got back up as well. "What was that for?!" She shouted at me but whispering at the same time.
"I see your plan" I whispered to her as I winked. She frowned and shrugged as she crawled around me to get in front of me. I took hold of her hood and eventually pulled her back. "They think we're dating, right? Did you glare at them? You glared at them right?" I whispered to her. She paused as looked away from me. "You did! That is your plan!" I as I started laughing quietly.

 

"Do you want me to help you or not?" She whispered at me as she rolled her eyes. I laughed quietly and nodded to her.
"Nana! Hanuel!" We heard my Aunt call us. We both shot up immediatly and called out to her. She looked across at us and smiled. "I'm going for my check up! The teacher will come to pick up the girls soon!" She shouted to us. We both nodded to her and waved to say bye to her. She waved as she turned around and walked out the gate. We both glanced at the girls who were all stood up. They were all looking at us. 
"You can have a rest before your teacher gets here. There are some snacks in a bag at the front by the gate!" Nana shouted to them as she smiled. They all bowed to thank us and began making their way out of the fields. 

 

[Nana's POV]
"I'll finish here. You can go" Seungjun told me. I nodded to him and smiled as I began to make my way through the fields towards the gate where the girls were stood. I reached the girls and they were busy tucking into their snacks, waiting for their teacher to take them back to where they were camping for their teambuilding exercises. 
"Thank you for helping out today." I told them all. They all looked up at me and bowed their heads whilst smiling.
"Unnie! Is that oppa your husband?" One of the girls asked me, who received a glare and a nudge from her friends. I scoffed and smirked. They didn't recognise Seungjun, and they honestly thought we were dating.

 

Soon the teacher arrived to pick up all the girls. I bowed to him fully and he thanked me as he bowed before leaving. They all walked down the path together and I shut the gates behind them. "Hanuel!" I shouted loudly. I sighed with relief, luckily I remembered to shout Hanuel instead of Seungjun. Suddenly I saw Seungjun running towards me through the fields with a grin on his face. We packed everything away and walked out of the gates, locking them behind us. "So they didn't know who I was, and your plan worked?" Seungjun repeated what I had told him. I nodded to him and he laughed as he held up his hand. I high fived him and grinned happily.

 

"I'll cook tonight. My treat." I told Seungjun. I continued walking but soon realised Seungjun was not beside me. I stopped and turned around to find Seungjun paused down the path. "Yah! What are you doing?!" I called out to him as I started laughing.
"You're cooking?! What are you cooking?!" He asked me.
"Meat!" I called out to him. Suddenly he bolted up to me and began jumping around excitedly.
"Ah my favourite! Ah I'm so excited! Let's go! Let's go!" He said repeatedly as he took my hand and pulled me along whilst we both laughed.