Punishment

Lies On Paper

Punishment

 

[Nana's POV]
"Thank you Seokjin" I said to him happily as we moved the last of my things back into my apartment. I unclipped Tinkerbell's lead as she ran off into the room straight back to her old bed. He nodded and smiled to me. 
"Are you sure you're going to be ok here now?" Seokjin asked me with a worried expression on his face. I looked at him and nodded.
"I'll be fine and anyway! I need to get back to work, don't I Boss?" I said happily as I smiled. He smirked and nodded.
"But what's wrong? I can tell when you're lying to me." He said as he folded his arms and grumbled.
I sighed, "Da-he. She works just down the road. I just don't want to bump into her again." I admitted to Seokjin. He sighed and nodded.

 

Seokjin sank down on to the side of the sofa as I leant against a wall with my head down. 
"She's still working there?!" Seokjin cried out surprised.
I nodded to him, "I think so." I told him with a sigh.
"Don't worry. I'll sort it." He told me as he stood up to make his way out. I frowned and followed him out to the front door.
"What do you mean?!" I asked him confused.
He shook his head, "Just don't worry. Trust me." He told me as he showed me a smile. I nodded to him and smiled to him.
"Thank you Seokjin." I said again happily.
"This is what fake oppas are for" He told me with a smirk.

 


 

[Jin's POV]
"Hello, this is SAN news company. How can I help?" A woman said over the phone to me.
"Hello, my name is Kim Seokjin and I was hoping I could speak to the manager of the company?" I asked her politely. 
"I am sorry Mr Kim but you need to book an appointment in person" The woman told me. I sighed quietly and rolled my eyes.
"I have a situation which will prevent me from coming in person." I said to her. She stuttered and was silent for a few seconds.
"Uhm. Let me see what I can do..." she stuttered awkwardly.
"Thank you." I said happily as I waited.

 

"Mr Kim, I will put you through" The woman said suddenly which made me jump. I thanked her before I heard another ringing sound.
"Hello, how can I help you?" I heard a deep voice ask.
"Hello, is this the manager?" I asked him.
"Yes this is he." He said formally. I sighed quietly with relief. 
"I am ringing to inform you about an article which was recently made. I have emailed you the details, my name is Kim Seokjin. I have evidence to prove Lee Da-he, your head of Hallyu section wrote the article. I myself work for a newspaper company and I am guessing she did not get any permission from you to publish the article, if I am correct?" I explained to him. The phone went silent before I heard some clicks from a computer mouse and a deep sigh.

 

"Thank you for informing me Mr Kim Seokjin. I will deal with this issue appropriately and make sure it doesn't happen again." He told me with an annoyed tone.
"I would like to stay confidential about this matter please." I told him sternly.
"Of course Mr Kim. Thank you." He told me before the phone call ended. I dropped my phone down on my desk and smirked. I knew from Nana that no articles can be released without permission from their managers. So Da-he had broken the rules by releasing the article about Seungjun and Nana, and now she will probably get punished for it.

 

[Da-he's POV]
I strolled into work with a coffee cup in my hand and a bagel in a bag in the other. I scanned my ID and walked towards the lifts where I waited. "My daughter went to a fan meeting yesterday. She came back home and cried because she was so happy." I heard a man say to another man beside me.
"Oh?! Which group was it?" The other man asked him.
"Keunakeun. You know that guy that announced he was dating. She's been supporting them since their debut and she said they all cheered him on and she was so happy she cried." The first man explained to him. They smiled to each other and I rolled my eyes. I never thought this would happen, it isn't what I expected. They are all happy and I'm still the one alone. They can't be happy. Seokjin can't and Nana can't. 

 

I exited the lift and wandered into the office as I settled my things and bag down on my desk. I had taken over Nana's old desk and I glanced out the window to see the YNB Entertainment building. I grumbled before pulling the blinds closed furiously. 
"Lee Da-he! In my office now!" I heard someone shout angrily. My eyes widened and I swung around to see the Manager stood in his office door. Everyone's attentions turned to me as I gulped. Was I in trouble? Did I do something wrong? Did I miss something? 
"Yes!" I shouted quickly before walking towards his office door with my head down, not looking at anyone. I walked into his office with my head down. 
"You can sit down Da-he." He said in a deep tone. I gulped and sat down nervously.

 


 

[3rd Person]
Jin was sat upstairs in his flat on his sofa. He had his legs crossed, pizza sat on his coffee table and his television was playing a new drama episode. He was busy watching television when he heard a noise. He paused and quickly muted his television when he heard a noise again. He jumped up and looked around. He quickly grabbed his phone from his coffee table and dialled a number rapidly. 
"What's wrong?" Nana asked Jin as she came through from the bathroom. Jin quickly waved his arms around and brought his finger to his lips. Nana nodded silently and then they heard it; one glass smash, two glass smash, loud crashes. Jin frowned as he carefully tiptoed towards his door and crept down the stairs, with Nana following behind him quietly.

 

Jin looked around the door frame as he kept Nana close behind him. He found Da-he shouting to herself, throwing things on the floor and trashing the place. Jin scoffed and stood in the doorway. "So this is what it came down to." He said loudly as he folded his arms. Da-he froze and turned around. Her face dropped when she saw Jin and she sighed deeply. Da-he's attention flicked to the side when she noticed Nana stood behind Jin.
"Of course! Of course you're together!" Da-he screamed angrily.
"We're sat eating pizza watching television. Thank you for messing up my office." Jin told her calmly and sarcastically. Da-he rolled her eyes and smirked.
"Why! Why would you get me in trouble! I got demoted!" Da-he shouted at Jin.

 

"You got punished for something you did. You deserved it." Jin told her. Da-he clenched her fists and began to walk out. Nana stepped in front of Jin and pushed her back into the office slightly. 
"Don't you dare!" Da-he shouted at Nana. Nana sighed and shook her head. "Let me go now!" Da-he demanded angrily.
"You're not going anywhere." A deep voice said behind Jin and Nana. Everyone turned around and a guy appeared in a police uniform. Jin smirked and Da-he's eyes widened. 
"You set me up!" Da-he shouted.
"You did this to yourself. We knew you would come here and trash the place. Either that or you would try and hurt us." Jin said.
"I can't believe it!" Da-he screamed as the clicks of handcuffs were heard.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
"Thank you for this." I watched Jin say to the police officer before they bowed to each other. The police officer left and Jin turned around to look at me. We stood in silence and blinked at each other. 
"Don't worry anymore Nana. Be happy with Seungjun. If she's going to come again, she'll come to me." Jin told me. I sighed and shook my head. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly.
"Listen to me. She needed to get what she deserved. She made your life a misery for no reason and she was living happily with your job." Jin explained to me. I sighed again and nodded.

 

He stepped back and looked around the room as he sighed. "I guess I better start cleaning up." He sighed deeply.
"I'm sorry Jin." I stuttered awkwardly. He gave me a reassuring smile and shook his head.
"You don't have to be sorry. I set this all up and it worked. She's got what she deserved. So go home and talk to Seungjun. You can rest now. She won't hurt you again." Jin told me as he patted the side of my arm. I smiled to him and watched him as he began picking things off the floor and sorting them out from the broken and unbroken. 
"Thank you" I said to him as I began to walk out of the room. 

 

~

 

"No way! I can't believe it. So she got arrested?!" Seungjun summarised everything after I had told him about Da-he. I nodded to him over the camera on my phone and his eyebrows raised. "Heol~ did Seokjin tell you before?" He asked me. I shook my head and sighed.
"He told me not to worry and that he would sort it out." I told him. Seungjun stayed quiet and nodded.
"So she got arrested for criminal damage... but won't this make her more angry." Seungjun suggested as he pouted. I sighed and shrugged.
"Seokjin said don't worry anymore." I told him as I smiled. He smiled and nodded to me. 

 

I really hoped we didn't have to worry anymore about Da-he. She was the last hurdle for me to reach my happiness. I hope I would never have to see her again and she wouldn't come back to hurt us again. Maybe this is the end like Seokjin had told me, and she deserved everything which she got.