Flashback

Lies On Paper

Flashback

 

[Nana's POV]
I stood around the corner of the doctor's building where the specialist doctor had set up his clinic. "What time is it?" I whispered to Seungjun. Suddenly I saw a watch in front of me on Seungjun's wrist which showed 4:55pm. "We have 5 minutes. There shouldn't be anyone in there now." I whispered to him. He brought his arm back down and nodded to me as he rested his chin on my shoulder. We were waiting until the clinic was almost closed before we would secretly go in and ask the doctor about Seungjun. 
"Should we go?" Seungjun asked me as he kissed my cheek before wandering off towards the front of the building. I smiled and ran to meet him up.

 

I wandered in first followed by Seungjun. The clinic was empty and the door to one of the offices opened. "Oh! I'm sorry, the clinic is closing. You can come again tomorrow." The doctor called Mr Jung told us. "But you don't look like you're above 50 years old..." He stuttered as he looked at us both. Seungjun stepped forward and his attention turned to him.
"I was wondering if we could talk?" Seungjun asked him. The doctor glanced at me and then back to Seungjun. He nodded and showed him the way to his office as I sat down on one of the chairs. Seungjun glanced around and smiled to him before disappearing into the office.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
I sat down on one the chairs beside the chair which the doctor sat in himself. "You know who I am right? I saw the look you gave me outside." I asked him. The doctor nodded to me, and pulled a notepad and pen in front of him.
"Yes. I do know Park Seungjun." He said to me.
"I think there's something wrong with me. The reason why I disappeared. The reason why I'm here." I told him. He sighed and nodded to me. 
"Please talk me through what happened on that day." The doctor asked me. I nodded to him and began telling him.

 

[Flashback: Seungjun's POV]
"I've come here to announce your first ever overseas schedule!" Our manager called out excitedly as he entered the practice room. We all paused and looked across at him. We all ran up to him and bowed to greet him. "There is a kpop festival in China which you will attend and perform a song on stage." He told us. There was a second of silence before we all began cheering and squealing excitedly. Heejun jumped on to Inseong as he spun him around and Jihun and I flung our arms around each other, hugging each other tightly. I looked around at Youjin and raised my eyebrows repeatedly. "No no no." He said as he stepped backwards. I smirked and ran, flinging my arms around him as he whined.

 

We all settled down and our manager left us after he had told us the news of our first oversea schedule. We all were all busy doing our own things in the practice room - on our phones, listening to music. "Oh! That means we'll go on a plane!" Inseong said excitedly. I glanced up at him and pouted before returning back to my phone. I looked back up and he high-fived Jihun.
"It'll be fun!" Heejun called out happily. We all nodded and I just nodded to join in as I sighed quietly. 
"I'm going to get snacks." I told them all as I pulled my coat on.
"Oh! Pick us all some up too hyung!" Heejun said happily. I nodded to him and left the practice room, glancing back at the members. 

 

[Now: Seungjun's POV]
"So after you left the members, the thing you remember after that is arriving on the island?" The doctor asked me and I nodded to him. He frowned and scratched his head as he looked down at his notes. "Did you not want to fly on the plane?" He asked me. I shook my head and sighed. "And have you had any other experiences of disappearing?" He asked again. I shook my head but then I remembered. I looked at him and nodded instead. 
"I nearly did. But Nana stopped me. I went out at night but she stopped me and took me back to the house." I told him. He scribbled down on his notepad.

 

"And what happened that day Seungjun?" He asked me.
"Nana and I argued, and I fished with Uncle on his boat." I told him. 
"Did else happen? Out of the ordinary?" He asked me.
I thought for a while, "Oh. The Army planes flew over."
"Planes again. Ok I see." He said as he scribbled down something again. I frowned and he looked up as he smiled to me. 
"Seungjun, I can't tell you exactly what is wrong now. You need to have some tests done. We can't do them here. You need to come back with me. I can make sure they are done privately." He told me as I sighed. 

 

"Can Nana come in?" I asked him. He nodded to me and stood up. He walked to the door and opened it, calling Nana through. Nana came through and sat beside me. She looked across at me.
"Are you okay?" She asked me as she looked at me worriedly. 
"I want Seungjun to come back with me for a few days for some tests. It will be done privately and I will bring him back myself when he is finished." The doctor told Nana. She took my hand and held it tightly as she looked across at me.
"Are you happy to do this?" She asked me. I nodded to her and she smiled to me.
"Can you ensure he won't be found." Nana asked the doctor. He nodded to her and she nodded. 

 

[Nana's POV]
I sat up beside Seungjun, my fingers were intertwined with his and he had his arm wrapped around me. I looked down at our hands before resting my head on his chest. "When are you leaving?" I asked Seungjun.
"In 2 days." He told me as he my hair. I nodded to him and sighed. "What's wrong?" He asked me. 
"Just be careful, mhm? And come back. I want you to go back, but not yet and I don't want you to get caught this way." I told him. 
"I'll be careful. I promise." He said as he kissed the top of my head. "I'll come back to you, I won't just leave you here." He joked whilst kissing the top of my head for a second time. 

 


 

[Nana's POV]
"Nana!" I heard my Aunt shout as she knocked on my door. I turned around on my chair and she pushed my door open. I smiled to her and she smiled back to me. 
"Nana, you need to go somewhere." She told me. 
"Eh?" I said confused as I frowned. 
"I want you to go to the flower gardens on the top of the hill for me. Can you pick me some flowers? Once you get there, you'll know which ones." She asked me. I nodded to her and turned around ti pick up my jacket. "Oh Nana. Dress prettily, ok?" She told me before quickly disappearing before I had a chance to ask her why. I frowned to myself and looked down at my jumper and ripped jeans.

 

After changing into a white dress and a lilac cardigan, and getting a thumbs up from my Aunt, I began my journey to the flower gardens on the hill. I wandered down the paths, swinging my empty basket alongside me which I would fill up with flowers. I reached the steps on the side of the hill and began clambering up them. "Oh! Maybe I will see Seungjun from up here." I said to myself happily. The hill was positioned at the far corner of the island, once stood at the top, you had the view of the whole island up to the docks. I didn't know where Seungjun was, but since my Aunt was at home, he would probably be helping my Uncle on the boat. 

 

I reached the top of the stairs and entered the flower gardens. I looked around and sighed. "What did Aunt mean when she said I'll know which ones..." I thought to myself. I looked around again at all the different types of flowers, but there was nothing to indicate to me the ones I should pick. I wandered down the grass as I looked at all of the flowers. As I was walking down, I heard a noise. I looked up to find Seungjun sat on a picnic blanket under a large willow tree in the distance. He waved to me and grinned when he saw me looking. "Oh!" I cried out in surprise as my pace became faster. Just as I met up with him, he stood up and had the biggest grin ever on his face.

 

"I'm guessing you're the flower I'm meant to pick?" I said to him as I smiled. He laughed and sat back down as he patted the empty space on the picnic blanket. I took my shoes off and laid them down beside his as I sat down. "Oh~ this is why Aunt told me to dress prettily." I realised as I scoffed quietly. Seungjun looked at me and frowned.
"She told you to dress prettily?" Seungjun said confused. I nodded to him and he laughed.
"I'm sure what you were wearing before was pretty too." He said as he grinned. I shook my head as I smirked to him. 
"Wait! Does that mean Aunt knows? Seungjun!" I cried out.
"She doesn't! Well. Maybe. But I didn't tell her!" He whined.

 

"I needed help, how else can I prepare a secret picnic?" He asked me as he began opening the picnic basket beside him. I laughed and nodded to him. 
"Ok ok. But if Aunt asks..." I said to him.
"We're not dating." He told me with a smirk. I nodded and patted his cheeks as he grinned happily. "But for now we are" He said as he held my hand tightly. I nodded again and held his hand tightly.
"You're leaving tomorrow, right?" I asked Seungjun.
He nodded to me and sighed, "That's why I wanted to make today special for us." He told me. I smiled to him and opened my arms wide. I wrapped them around him, giving him a tight hug.
"You did. Thank you Seungjun." I said to him happily.

 


 

[Seungjun's POV]
I gathered my things I needed into my backpack and pulled it onto my bag. I made sure I had everything and checked my watch. I was meeting the doctor at 5am at the docks. Uncle was taking us back on his boat. I crept out quietly of my room, Aunt had already gone to the fields and Nana was fast asleep in her room. I stopped in front of her door. "Should I... Shouldn't I..." I thought to myself as I held the door handle. I sighed and pulled the door handle down, pushing the door open. I looked in to find Nana curled up in her blankets. I quietly crept in and crouched down beside her.

 

"Ah~ I never expected to fall in love with you, Kim Nana" I whispered to her as I watched her sleep. I smiled to myself and she rolled over, facing me. I moved some strands of hair out her face and tucked them behind her ear. "Wait for me, mhm? And if any oppas come, don't look at them." I whispered to her as I stood up. I took one last glance at her before heading out of her room. I shut the door behind me quietly and wandered across to the front door. I stood pulling on my shoes as I suddenly felt warm arms wrap around my waist.

 

"Leaving without talking to me, only talking to me whilst I'm sleeping. Jeez!" I heard Nana say behind me as she hugged me tightly. I laughed quietly and turned around to face her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tightly in my arms. 
"I can see you smile now." I said to her and she smiled brightly. I pulled her closer to me and pressed my forehead against hers. "I have to go" I told her as I pouted. She nodded to me and squeezed me tightly. I brought my forehead away from hers before gliding my lips along hers as we both smiled. I stepped away from her and opened the front door behind me. We waved to each other and I stepped out the door.

 

"I love you Park Seungjun." She called out to me. I spun around surprised and stopped the door from closing. I rushed back in and picked her up, spinning her around a couple of times. 
"I love you too Kim Nana" I told her as I covered her in kisses.