Scolded

Lies On Paper

Scolded

 

[Nana's POV]
I wandered into work with my head down. I hadn't seen my boss since the incident at Seungjun's meeting because he was on a business trip in Jeju. I glanced up and headed straight towards my desk. I didn't look at anyone nor greet them. I wanted to keep my head down so he didn't realise I was there or had hopefully forgotten. "Kim Nana!" I heard a loud shot. I rolled my eyes just as I reached my desk. I put my bag down and turned around awkwardly. "I want to see you now." My boss called over to me loudly from his office door. I grimaced and nodded to him before making my way towards his office slowly. The slow painful walk to my scolding. 

 

I reached his office and awkwardly sat down in the seat in front of him which he had shown me to. "So you went to the meeting about Park Seungjun from KNK right?" He asked me. I gulped and nodded to him. "And, did anything happen at that Nana? How did it go?" He asked me afterwards. I sighed and bowed my head.
"I took a lot of notes..." I stuttered awkwardly.
"Did anything happen at the end?" He asked me. He knew. He knew exactly what had happened.
"I fell asleep. I got taken to the hospital and they said it was extreme fatigue from working too much." I sighed. He sighed loudly and sat back in his chair with his arms folded.

 

"If you were too tired or had too much work to do, you should have come and spoke to me or got help from your team." He explained to me as he sat forward and looked at me. I looked across at him and nodded silently. "So I've hired someone new to help you who will be on your team. She should be here soon, her name is Lee Da-he." He told me. My eyes widened and I just nodded to him. I was Head of the Hallyu section and my team consisted of 3 other people so we were a small team but now my boss has added another person. Someone who I haven't even met yet.
"You can go now." He said to me as I nodded to him. I stood up and bowed to him.
"I'm sorry. This will not happen again." I told him before wandering out of his office.

 

I closed the door behind me and sighed with relief. "Excuse me, are you Kim Nana?" I heard someone ask me. I looked to my side to see a girl smile to me. I looked up and down at her before nodding. Her eyes lit up and her smile got bigger.
"Ah! Lee Da-he?" I asked her and she nodded repeatedly. She bowed her head to me and I bowed mine back to her. "Follow me, I'll introduce you to the team." I said happily. She nodded and followed me as I led her towards the Hallyu section desks of the office. After introducing Da-he to everyone, I sat back at my desk as she sat at hers and began organising all her things. I looked across at the YNB Entertainment building opposite and rested on my arm as I sighed deepily. Lunch come fast. Lunch come fast!

 


 

[Seungjun's POV]
It had been a couple of weeks since I had my meeting with the reporters and the public. There were mixed opinions on my situation but since no one knew how severe the 'family problem' was, the conversations about my situation were becoming less and less, and different news and new scandals had begun to bury my news. Critics were saying I was covering up the real reason (which unbeknown to them was true), and people were fighting back at them. I hated the arguments which were happening because of it, but I needed to focus on getting better so I can show a better image of myself. I still saw Nana but not as often as I wanted to and we could rarely speak, only on rare occasions. Like today. Lunch come fast!

 

[Nana's POV]
After clambering up the stairs towards the rootop. I pushed open the rooftop door which allowed it to swing open widely. I entered the rooftop and the door swung shut behind me. I walked forward towards the edge of the building and looked up to find Seungjun stood on the rooftop of the YNB Entertainment building, the other side of the road in the distance. I waved to him and smiled as he waved back. My phone began buzzing and I answered it quickly, "Hello my princess!" Seungjun said through the phone. I laughed and looked up as he made a big heart with his arms.
"Hello!" I called out happily down the phone as I shot a heart at him. He reached out and pretended to grab it in his hands.

 

"Did you get scolded?" He then asked me. I sighed and nodded.
"I got scolded for falling asleep." I told him. I looked across at him as he was shaking his head.
"But you worked so hard. It isn't fair!" He whined which made me chuckle slightly.
"Don't worry. My boss has hired another person for my team so the work can be spread out more." I told him as I smiled and held out an 'OK' sign. He held one out to me as well and grinned.
"Ok. As long as you're happy." He said happily. I performed a baseball move and shot a heart to Seungjun which acted like a pretend ball. He laughed and stumbled back slightly as he caught it in his pretend baseball glove.

 

We stood for a while talking and playing around before I ate my lunch and Seungjun kept wanting a bite and threatening to come across to eat my food. Suddenly I heard a noise and swung around to find Da-he stood in the doorframe waving. I panicked and looked back around at Seungjun who had disappeared. "Don't worry, I've crouched down, I'll crawl out." Seungjun told me over the phone. I chuckled quietly as I noticed some of his hair poking up from behind the wall. Da-he wandered over to me and smiled. "Love you." Seungjun quickly said before hanging up. I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket.

 

"Oh! I know that smile, it must be a man?!" Da-he said as she smirked. I laughed and shook my head. "I've only just come up here. I didn't hear anything. Lunch has ended and I saw you go up the stairs." She told me as she smiled.
"Ah! Thank you Da-he, I must have been distracted." I told her as I scoffed. She laughed quietly and nodded. We began to walk towards the rooftop door as I glanced behind me. I found Seungjun crawling towards the rooftop door on his side. He quickly showed me a heart and I tried to not laugh as we both disappeared into our buildings.

 


 

[Seungjun's POV]
I stood in the small shop with a basket. I began filling it up with snacks. I lost the game we were playing so I had to go and get snacks for everyone at the small shop near our apartment building. I filled the basket up and stood at the cash desk as the worker scanned the items. The door opened and a girl stumbled in with her head down. I passed the money to the worker as I took my bag. "Thank you." I told him as I smiled and wandered towards the door. I glanced back at the girl who had her arms full of bottles of water and multiple packs of kimbaps. I smirked as I excited the shop and stood outside around the corner.

 

After a couple of minutes, the door opened and the girl stumbled out again. "Aigoo!" I cried out as I pulled the two large bottles of water out of her arms. She glanced up at me as her eyes widened.
"Omo. Park Seungjun." She stuttered.
"Oh Kim Nana~" I whined as I wandered down the street. She followed me slowly from a distance with her head down.
"Are you drunk Nana?" I called out to her.
"No!" She quickly denied as I could hear the rustling of packaging from the kimbap. "Just a little~ dizzy~" She sang as her pitch became higher. I scoffed as we continued walking.

 

"Where do you live Nana?" I asked her. I turned around and walked backwards as she pointed in the distance. I turned back around and was surprised. 
"Oh! We live in the same building!" I cried out shocked. "What floor?" I asked her curiously. I glanced around as he held up eight fingers. "Ok ok. We live on the 12th floor." I told her as I laughed again. We reached our apartment building and I followed her towards her apartment. It was the middle of the night so no one was around. She stood in her doorway and I passed her the bottles of water. 
"You can't come in. Shush. Be quiet. You can come in when it is day. You can't come in now. No boys allowed during the night. Go back. Eat your snacks. Seon Hanuel!~ I love you!~" She rambled drunk. I laughed and nodded to her.

 

I wiped a couple of grains of rice off the edge of then held on to her door as she stumbled in. She turned back around and made a love heart with her arms. I grinned and made a small heart with my fingers. 
"Drink lots of water and go to bed." I told her. She nodded to me and waved as I let the door go which closed gently. I smiled to myself before wandering back down the corridor towards the lift. She's going to regret that tomorrow. I chuckled to myself quietly before entering the lift.