Keunakeun

Lies On Paper

Keunakeun

 

Note: This was a double update, so make sure to read Chapter 10 (Telling) before this one!

[Seungjun's POV]
With heavy footsteps, I walked towards the door of the dorm. I tapped in the passcode and entered quietly. I was surprised to see the lights were still on and I checked the time on my watch. It was the middle of the night and the lights were still on. I took off my shoes and shuffled my feet into my slippers. I wandered inside and found Youjin sat on the floor crossed legged. I glanced across at the other three who were curled up on the chairs together sleeping. Youjin opened his eyes wide when he saw me and jumped up. "Are you ok?" He asked me as he walked up to me. I nodded to him and smiled. He sighed, "and you're still smiling as usual."

 

I heard grumbling coming from the sofa and Heejun opened his eyes. He blinked a couple of times at me and opened his eyes wide. "I'm not dreaming am I?" He stuttered. I shook my head to him. "Hyung!" He shouted loudly which caused Inseong and Jihun to wake up. They all jumped up and looked at me quietly. 
"Why are you all so quiet..." I stuttered awkwardly. They all looked at me and blinked repeatedly. 
"Are you feeling ok?" Jihun stuttered. I looked at them all and they all bowed their heads. I nodded to them and smiled.
"I'm fine. Are you all ok? I'm sorry." I asked them as I bowed my head and sighed.
"We are now you're back." Inseong told me as he smiled slightly.

 

We all sat in a circle around the coffee table. Inseong came running through with a grin on his face holding the bags of chicken. He put them on the table and began opening all of the boxes. "Tell us everything. We want to know everything!" Inseong said with a smile. Jihun nudged his side and gave him a look. 
"Just tell us when you're ready." Jihun said as he nodded to me. I nodded to him and we all began eating the chicken.
"I went to an island." I told them.
"Eh? An island? Jeju-do?!" Heejun said surprised.
I shook my head, "It was called Sunmul Island." 
"Sun... Sunmul?!" They all said confused as their eyes wandered around the room, trying to work out where the island was.

 

"It's a really small island. I went to Sunmul Island, I lived with an Ahjumma and an Ahjusshi who took me in." I told them. 
"Did they know who you were?" Jihun asked me.
I shook my head, "No, I was called Hanuel there." 
"Why did you go there- I mean. No one knows about that Island, how did you even get there?" Youjin asked me as he frowned.
"I don't know..." I stuttered. They all looked at me silently. "I honestly don't know..." I sighed.
"What do you mean? Surely you know how you got somewhere?!" Inseong said as he scoffed slightly.
"You know where they found me, don't you?" I asked them as I looked at all of them. They all bowed their heads and stayed quiet. They knew about the Psychology Clinic.

 

"The Psychology Clinic... ah. Because I have Dissociative Fugue Disorder." I told them as I bowed my head. They all stayed completely silent. I glanced up slightly and they were all looking at me - shocked, surprised, horrified, upset. 
"... but what is it?" Heejun stuttered.
"It's a type of amnesia-"
"Amnesia!?" Inseong cried out and Jihun nudged his side again.
"I have a fear of flying and planes. When I have to face that fear, it triggers the disorder and makes me blackout. When I blackout, I forget my identity and travel somewhere unknown." I explained to them.
"So the day we got told we were flying abroad, you out and ended up at Sunmul Island..?" Heejun summarised everything. I sighed and nodded to him.
"Can it be treated?" Jihun asked me.

 

I nodded to him, "I've already had some therapy sessions and the doctor says I'm doing well." They all nodded and smiled to me. 
"Well you're back now, so we can look after you as well!" Inseong said with a grin. I smiled to him and suddenly Heejun hugged me tightly. 
"Group hug!" Heejun chanted repeatedly. Jihun and Inseong jumped up and met us around the coffee table, flinging their arms around me as well. 
"Come on hyung!" Inseong cheered as he laughed. Youjin sat there and shook his head.
"Let's all group hug Youjin!" I suggested and everyone cheered. Youjin jumped up and quickly wandered off as we all chased after him for a hug.

 


 

[Jin's POV]
I headed out of the back door and into the garden with the washing basket under my arm and the basket of pegs in my other hand. I stopped at the washing line and put the baskets down. I stood up straight and looked in the distance to see Nana laid flat on the grass in a starfish shape, staring at the sky. "Kim Nana! What are you doing?!" I called out to her. She didn't move and stayed still. I frowned and made my way across the grass towards her.
"Kim Nana? What are you doing?" I asked her again as I looked down on here.

 

She opened her eyes and looked up at me. "Seokjin, what day is it today?" She asked me. I frowned and looked at my watch.
"Do you mean how many days has it been since Seungjun left?" I asked her. She pouted and nodded to me. "Hm~ 8 days now." I told her. She grumbled loudly and rolled over repeatedly.
"He was only 7 days last time. This time he was only supposed to be 2 to 3 days!" She whined repeatedly. I sighed and crouched down. "You don't think something has happened to him, right?" She asked me. I shook my head to her and she began whining again.

 

Nana was like that since Seungjun left for a couple more days - whining, crying out, grumbling. But then she changed. As it reached 14 days since Seungjun left, she became more reserved, more quiet, less talkative. She wasn't the same Nana, she kept to herself more. She did her daily tasks then returned back to her room where she stayed for the rest of the night. I was stood by the window watching Nana watering the flowers outside. "Seokjin-ah, is Nana ok? She seems down, like she has no energy." Uncle asked me as he stood beside me. I sighed and turned to him.
"Don't worry Uncle, she's ok. I'll make her happy again." I told him. He smiled to me and patted my shoulder before he wandered away.

 

I woke up early the next morning to get ready at the same time as uncle. I pulled on my backpack and headed out of mine and Seungjun's room. Nana came out of her room with her head down and bowed her head to say goodbye to Uncle. She glanced up and saw me, her eyes widened and she frowned. "Seok... Seokjin? Where are you going?" She asked me with a quiet voice.
"I'm going to Seoul for a couple of days then I will be back." I told her as I smiled. She glanced at Uncle and then tugged my shirt back slightly. "I'll catch you up Uncle!" I told him as he nodded and waved to Nana. I turned around to face Nana and she sighed.
"Are you going to find Seungjun?" She asked me.
I nodded to her, "I'll go to the clinic and see if he is still there." 

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I waited anxiously along the wall outside the front gate of Aunt and Uncle's house as I waited for Seokjin. Uncle said he would be back today so I was waiting for him to return. Hopefully with Seungjun. I stood looking down at my feet, kicking the stones on the pathway with my shoes. I heard footsteps and glanced up with a smile to find an Ahjumma walking up with a large red tub. My face dropped and I bowed my head to greet the Ahjumma. "Oh Nana-ah, you look down. Cheer up sweetie." She told me with a smile as she placed a couple of oranges in each of my hands.
"Eat these with Seokjin-ah and Hanuel-ah, mhm?!" She said happily before she waved to me and continued down the path.

 

I thanked her and bowed my head again. As she disappeared around the corner, I sighed and bowed my head again. I looked at the oranges in each hand and waited again. Waited for Seokjin to return with Seungjun. I heard footsteps again and glanced up to find Seokjin wandering down the path. I stood up straight and looked at him. He stopped and shook his head. I froze and crouched down as I hugged my knees. Seokjin ran up to me and picked me up. He pulled me towards him and hugged me tightly.
"I'm sorry Nana. Seungjun. He's gone back to being Seungjun." He told me as tears dripped down my face.

 

Seokjin took me inside the house and we sat down at the table. "I went to the clinic and saw Doctor Jung. He told me that Seungjun never turned up for his therapy session. But then he was contacted by Seungjun's manager. Nana, they found him." Seokjin explained to me. I closed my eyes and dropped my head on to the table. Seokjin quickly held out his hand so my head hit his hand instead of the table. I brought my head back up and he sighed.
"Do you want to go back to Seoul?" He asked me.
I looked at him, "do you want to go back?" He asked me again.

 


 

Author's Note: So Seungjun has been reunited with KNK and Seokjin has asked Nana if she wants to go back to Seoul to find Seungjun. Did you expect it? What do you think will happen next?! Thank you my lovelies for subscribing and reading, and thank you for not abandoning me whilst I was on holiday! And time for some news! At the end of this month, I will be publishing a new KNK story - this one will involve Jihun this time as the lead character with an O/C and will of course feature all of the other members. So please look out for that! I will still be updating this story whilst I start the new one so don't worry. This story will have around 25-30 chapters! Thank you my lovelies!