Missing

Lies On Paper

Missing

 

[Seungjun's POV]
I rushed down the corridor as I continued glancing down at my watch. 6am. No one should be up right. I'll just sneak in, jump into bed and they won't know I was gone the whole night. It will work right. I reached our dorm door and quickly tapped in the passcode. I opened the door slightly and slipped in the gap. The lights were off and there was silence. I sighed with relief as I quickly took off my shoes and shuffled my feet into my slippers. I quickly dashed across the main area of our dorm towards my bedroom when I heard a cough. I froze on the spot and grimaced.
"6am. Wow." I heard Jihun say. I grimaced again and slowly turned to my side to see him leant over the kitchen counter with a mug of coffee where the kitchen lights were lowly lit. I awkwardly smiled to him and nodded. 

 

"I went out for a morning run. I've been gone an hour." I lied to him, hoping I wouldn't get caught. Jihun started laughing. I looked at him emotionless and blinked a couple of times.
"We all know you didn't come back last night" Jihun said with a smirk. I dropped my head and looked at the floor awkwardly.
Suddenly I felt a hand pat my shoulder and I looked up to find Youjin smirking to me as he walked past.
"Did you get much sleep last night?" He asked me with a cheeky grin. I didn't say anything and just nodded silently.
"Oh hyung!" Heejun shouted loudly as he came running through with Inseong. They were both laughing and winked to me a couple of times. I hid my face with my hands before escaping to my room quickly.

 


 

[3rd Person]
"Early this morning at approximately 5:18am, a small plane carrying six people crashed on a runway outside Seoul." The news reporter reported on the morning news. Youjin and Jihun swung their heads to look at each other. Their eyes widened and they stood frozen. 
"Seungjun..." Youjin stuttered. They both snapped out of their frozen states before running as fast they could towards the practice room. They flung the door open which made Inseong and Heejun jump.
"What?! What's wrong?!" Inseong cried out confused.
"Where is Seungjun?" Jihun asked them with a serious expression.

 

"Uh. He went to the toilet." Heejun stuttered. "What's wrong? What's happened?" He asked them as he began panicking. Youjin paced the room as Jihun ran out of the room.
"What was he doing before that?" Youjin asked them.
"He was looking at his phone..." Inseong told him. "What is going on?" Inseong cried out as he folded his arms.
"There's been a plane crash, it's on the news. If Seungjun was his phone, he would have probably seen it." Youjin explained to them.
"Couldn't that have triggered..." Heejun began and Youjin nodded as he sighed deepily.

 

"He's not in the toilets." Jihun shouted as he came running back through to the practice room. The members sighed as they paced the floor and wondered what to do next.
"Maybe he went to Nana." Inseong suggested. Jihun glanced to the side to find Seungjun's phone on the floor in the corner of the room, attached to a charger which was plugged into the wall. 
"He didn't take his phone!" Jihun whined as he dashed across to Seungjun's phone and picked it up. He turned it on as he began attempting to crack the passcode.
"What would Seungjun's passcode be?" Jihun asked the others.

 

"His birthday? Our debut day?" Inseong suggested.
"Try Nana's birthday. Or the day he went missing because that was when they first met." Heejun butted in. Jihun nodded as they began trying to think of when Nana's birthday was.
"Oh! I think I remember! Seungjun mentioned something about Nana having the same birthday as me." Jihun cried out. "So 0. 2. 2. 0." Jihun said as he tapped in the numbers. The phone made a tune which caused everyone to look up. The phone had unlocked. They all ran across to Jihun as they crowded around Jihun's phone.
"Ring Nana! Ring Nana!" Heejun repeatedly told them. Jihun nodded as he scanned through Seungjun's contacts.

 

[Nana's POV]
I glanced down at my phone as I was busy typing on my computer. Seungjun's caller ID has flashed up. I frowned as I looked back at my computer, but I couldn't concentrate. Seungjun knew I was at work, and I knew he was at practice. It wasn't lunch time so I didn't know why he was ringing me. Was something wrong... I looked up at Seokjin and waved to get his attention. He looked up at me and frowned. I showed him my phone which still had Seungjun's caller ID on it. He nodded to me and I smiled before quickly dashing out of the office with my phone.
"Hello?" I said as I answered my phone.
"Nana!" I heard Jihun cry out. I froze and became emotionless. Something was wrong.

 

"You're on speaker by the way. We don't want to panic you, but is Seungjun with you?" Jihun asked me. 
"No... I'm at work. What's wrong?" I stuttered confused.
"Seungjun's gone missing!" Inseong cried out.
"Yah! You'll make her panic!" Youjin shouted. I sighed and froze. Seungjun had gone missing, he had disappeared again. But this time I wasn't at Sunmul. Had he gone back to Sunmul? Had he gone somewhere else? Has he forgotten who he is again?
"What happened?! Tell me everything?!" I asked them seriously.
"There was a plane crash this morning on the news, we think Seungjun might have seen it." Youjin explained to me.

 

"Well we need to find him! We need to find out where he has gone! Did he take his phone?! No no no. You're using his phone! Why didn't he take his phone?! He never leaves without it. We need to find him?! Should I try and find him?! What can I do?" Nana rambled as she panicked. Seokjin came through from the office to see what was happening. He saw Nana panicking and frowned. She looked up at him and whined loudly.
"Nana! Calm down. We'll all go and look for him. Just stay there with your phone. He might come and find you or he might call you from another phone." Youjin told me. I sighed and agreed as they ended the call. 

 


 

[3rd Person]
After KNK told their manager about Seungjun, the rest of the day was spent looking for him. "Hello? Hello! I am calling about a missing person, his name is Park Seungjun and I was wondering whether he was at your clinic." Their manager said on the phone to the Psychology Clinic which Seungjun attends. The members sat around watching their manager intensely. Hoping they would get some information on where Seungjun was.
"What do you mean you can't tell me? I know there's patient confidentiality. But this person is missing. No, I am not the police!" Their manager cried out before sighing. 

 

The phone call ended and the members edged slightly, expecting some news from their manager. Their manager sighed and shook his head as he sank down to the floor. "They will not tell me if he is there or not since there is patient confidentiality." Their manager told them. They all dropped their heads and stayed silent.
"If he doesn't come back by tomorrow morning, I will have to go to the police tomorrow to report him as a missing person." Their manager sighed. They all nodded silently and remained emotionless. 
"I thought he was better. He was getting better. It couldn't have triggered him again. I thought it was better now." Inseong whined with broke the silence. All the members turned to look at him with straight faces.

 

[Nana's POV]
I continuously paced the floor of my apartment. What if he was hurt? What if he didn't know where he was? What if he was in trouble? I glanced up at the clock on my wall. It was 10pm. It was so late and he still hadn't returned. When he went to Sunmul, he had forgotten who he was and he didn't know how he ended up there. What if the same thing had happened again. Suddenly my phone rang and I bolted across the room to answer it.
"Hello?!" I shouted panicking. 
"Sorry Nana. It's only me. Any news?" Seokjin asked me.
I sunk down on to my sofa and pouted, "Nothing. I have no idea." I told him as I sighed. Seokjin sighed afterwards.
"Nana just try and get some rest. You're probably not going to. But if anything happens, your phone or intercom will wake you." Seokjin suggested. I agreed but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep.

 

I laid in bed trying to get to sleep. But I couldn't. I couldn't until I knew Seungjun was back and he was safe. Suddenly my intercom rang and I boltes upright. "Seungjun... Seungjun!" I cried out as I jumped out of bed and dashed across my apartment to the front door. I quickly scrambled unlocking the door before pushing the door open.

 

[3rd Person]
At the end of a long day, the members returned back to their apartment. They followed each other in one by one and dropped their bags down on the floor emotionless. Youjin and Inseong collapsed onto the sofa, and Jihun and Heejun sat on the floor infront of them, behind the coffee table. "He'll come back. He has to." Jihun said positively.
"He can't be reported as a missing person. He has to come back before. We've managed to keep his disorder private and away from the media..." Youjin began.
"But if he gets reported as a missing person, that could all be found out..." Heejun continued as he bowed his head.

 

"Where do you think he's gone..?" Inseong asked everyone.
"Well he hasn't gone to Nana since she's probably sat up waiting for him too..." Jihun said.
"He hasn't gone to his parents either. We rang them to ask them without panicking them." Youjin said afterwards.
"He could have gone to the Psychology Clinic but we don't know if he definitely has or not." Heejun suggested.
"He'll come back. I know he will." Inseong said with a positive smile. The others looked at him and nodded before deep sighs filled the room, and Jihun looked down at his phone.
"Are you keeping in contact with Nana?" Youjin asked Jihun.
Jihun nodded, "She just messaged me. She said she can't sleep until he comes back." He told the others.

 

Suddenly the noise of someone tapping in the passcode filled the room and broke the silence. All the members jumped up and rushed to the front door as it was pulled open from the outside.