Blackmail

Lies On Paper

Blackmail

 

[Nana's POV]
I wandered into work happily, greeting everyone as I reached my desk. It was monday and yesterday I had spent the day with Seungjun. I was finally happy, completely happy and that was thanks to Seungjun. I put my bag on my desk as I sat down and logged on to my computer. "Nana sunbae!" I heard someone call me. I turned around to find Da-he walking across towards me.
"Oh! Da-he! Good morning!" I said happily. 
"Nana sunbae, can I talk to you?" She asked me. I nodded to her and smiled. We found an empty room and she shut the door behind her as she walked in last. I leaned on the side of a table and waited for her to speak first.

 

"Nana sunbae, you're 24 right?" She asked me. I nodded to her.
"Oh! Me too! Are we ok to drop formalities? Although I will still call you sunbae." She asked me again.
I smiled, "Yes that's fine." I told her. She wandered around the room as she folded her arms. 
"Do you like your job Nana? It's a nice job right? Head of the Hallyu Team." She said. I frowned and nodded to her. 
"Yes. It's a nice job. Da-he..?" I stuttered confused.
"I want it. I want your job." She said as she leaned against a wall.
"But-" I stuttered. "Da-he, this is ridiculous." I scoffed as I thought she was joking.

 

"Nana, I'm not joking." She said seriously.
I frowned and crossed my arms, "You haven't been here five minutes and you're after my job." I said as I shook my head in disbelief. "Who give you the right to say that?" I asked her.
"Either you resign so I can have your job... or I'll tell the whole world you little secret." She told me as she smirked. I gulped silently and frowned.
"Oh Nana, I saw you!" She cried out. "I saw you with Park Seungjun. He's the man on your phone, the one you go to see every lunch time." She explained to me.

 

"No no. It's not like that." I quickly denied.
"Nana, you can't lie to me. I know what I saw. So this is what's going to happen. Either you resign or I'll tell the whole world what I saw. I'm a reporter anyway." She said as she smirked. My eyes widened and my mouth opened slightly in shock.
I scoffed, "Did you just blackmail me?!" I cried out. 
"Oh dear. What's going to happen to Seungjun when this comes out. Will he be able to handle it?" She smirked again.
"Don't you dare." I shouted angrily at her as she stood there smirking.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I sat at my desk with my legs crossed on the chair as I leant on my arm and scrolled down on my laptop. I sighed to myself deepily. Nothing. No jobs. Nothing. "Wonderful. Now I'm jobless." I grumbled to myself. Suddenly my phone buzzed which made me jump. I glanced down at it and sighed.
'What are you doing?' ~ Seungjun.
'Nothing. Just relaxing.' ~ Nana. I didn't want to tell Seungjun what had happened, I couldn't tell him. I knew he would blame himself when it was my fault and he wouldn't want me to lose my job over something like this. But this was to protect Seungjun and I, so it had to be done. 

 

[3rd Person]
"Eh?! What on earth is this?!" Nana's boss cried out surprised as he held up her resignation letter. She gulped and bowed as she held her head down in front of him.
"I'm sorry." She quickly said. He sighed loudly and leant back in his chair.
"I thought you were happy here, you have been here so many years Nana." He said as his face dropped.
"I was! I am! It is just some personal issues." Nana told him before apologising for the second time.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
"I'm really sorry Seokjin, this is my last resort. I've tried everything else." I explained to him as he led me inside. 
He stopped and turned around, "Don't talk like that. You know I'm always here to help you. You should have come here first." He told.me. I smiled to him and he smiled. He took back around and I continued following him down the corridor. He slid open the door and I followed him inside to the small office. It was messy and had multiple desks with a small kitchen, table and sofa in the corner.
"Oh! A girl!" I heard someone call out surprised. I looked across to find three guys sat behind desks. The sound of tapping on keyboards stopped and they all stood up.

 

"This is Kim Nana, she'll be working with us from now on." Seokjin explained to them all. They all grew smiles on their faces and I bowed to greet them. They all bowed their heads. Seokjin pointed towards them all in turn.
"Min Yoongi, Park Jimin and you already know Jungkook." He introduced to me. I smiled and nodded to all of them. 
"It is nice to meet you all." I said politely as I bowed my head again. They all started laughing and nodded to me. I frowned and Seokjin glared at them before they stopped laughing.
"Sorry Nana, it's because you spoke to them formally." He explained to me. I frowned and slowly nodded my head confused.

 

"We don't use the sunbae terms here. We're more like a small family than a workplace." Yoongi explained to me. "You're the same age as Jin right?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"I'm born in 93. I'm a year younger." I told him.
His eyes widened before he grinned, "Oh! We're the same age then!" He said happily. I smiled and nodded to him.
"We'll just call you Noona." Jimin and Jungkook said to me as they smiled. I laughed and nodded to them. Seokjin looked around as his eyes widened.
"Yah! I thought I asked you to tidy up?!" He whined to them. They all looked at him with guilty faces and Seokjin looked around.

 

"I'll do it now." Jungkook said quietly as he rushed across quickly to the bin, but Seokjin had already reached their before him. He glanced inside the bin lid and tutted.
"You ate. You ate snacks instead of cleaning." Seokjin grumbled.
Jungkook grinned cheekily, "Sorry hyung." He said with a chuckle.
"Did you leave any for me?" Seokjin asked them. I noticed Suga and Jimin slowly beginning to creep out quietly. 
"You didn't leave any! You two stop right there!" Seokjin called out as he turned around. They froze and I began to smirk, trying not to laugh.
"Anyway, get back to work. I'm going to talk with Nana." Seokjin told them. They all quickly nodded and dashed back to their seats.

 

"So she blackmailed you?!" Seokjin cried out after I had told him what happened. I nodded to him and bowed my head. He sighed loudly and shook his head.
"She can't get away with that. What's her name?!" He asked me angrily. I shook my head.
"It doesn't matter. She isn't worth it." I sighed to him. "I tried looking for a job somewhere else, but there wasn't anything." I told him. He shook his head and smiled.
"I told you that you can come and work here anytime." He said happily. I thanked him and smiled.

 


 

[Seungjun's POV]
I sulked into the practice room with my head down. "Hyung! What's wrong?" Heejun called out. I looked up at him and noticed they were all looking at me. A smile grew on my face and I shook my head. 
"Ah! Nothing nothing!" I said as I laughed. They all smiled with relief and nodded.
"Oh! Seungjun! Come and help me with this." Jihun asked me as he wandered past me, and pulled me along with him. We reached outside the practice room down an empty corridor.
"What's wrong? You've been sulking for days." He asked me with a serious face as he crossed his arms.

 

"Nana. She keeps saying she's busy and we haven't seen each other at lunch for ages." I sighed as I bowed my head.
"Maybe she's busy. She must have a lot of reports to write." Jihun said as he shrugged. I looked up at him and pouted.
"But she still needs a lunch break." I grumbled.
"Do you think she's lying to you about something..?" Jihun stuttered. My head shot up at him and my eyes widened.
"She wouldn't lie! We said we wouldn't lie to each other!" I cried out as I began whining.
"Doesn't she have that friend? Isn't his name Jin?" Jihun suggested. I raised my eyebrows and nodded to him.

 

I wandered down the street as I followed my phone. I had found the website to Seokjin's newspaper company and was using the address which was written on it. Nana tells him everything so if something was going on which I didn't know about, surely Seokjin would know. "You have reached your destination!" My phone called out loudly which made me jump. I turned to look around at a building. This must be it. I quietly wandered in and looked around. I walked down a corridor and reached a door. I looked inside and looked to my side. I dropped my arm and phone down by my side and froze.

 

Nana was laid across a sofa and Seokjin was leaning over her, pulling a blanket over her. Why was she here so late... I pulled a face and quickly darted around a corner before Seokjin caught me. "Thank you Nana, you worked hard today." He said softly. I bowed my head. Was she not with me because she's with him. They said they were like siblings. I slipped my phone into my pocket as I curled my fists. I shook my head before storming out of the building silently.