Disappearance

Lies On Paper

Disappearance

 

[Nana's POV]
"It has been announced that popular idol, Park Seungjun of KNK has been reported missing. YNB Entertainment and KNK's remaining members are not giving any information. More updates to follow" I heard from the television as I filled my cheeks up with rice. I glanced up with puffy cheeks and rapidly tapped the volume up button on my remote to listen more. "Wow. You don't hear that everyday.. do you Tinkerbell?" I said out loud as I glanced down at my white labrador. She looked up at me and tilted her head. I went back to listening to the television as I finished my breakfast.

 

I wandered down the street towards work. Luckily I lived close to my work building. I was in my third year as a news reporter and I was head of the Hallyu section. Our company was a respectable news reporting company and we had never been involved in any issues or lawsuits. I finally reached the building which our company rested on the sixth floor, but something caught my attention. I stopped and turned to my side. Across the round from our company was the YNB Entertainment company building. It was swarmed by news reporters and no one seemed be coming in or out of the building. I sighed and turned back around to head into work.

 

"Good morning Sunbae!" I was greeted as I scanned my ID card to enter our offices. I smiled and nodded my head to them as I headed towards my desk. I pulled my backpack off and placed it down by my feet, under the desk. I pushed my ID card into the small machine by my computer and tapped in my login details. 
"Nana! Sajangnim wants to see you in his office!" I heard someone call me. I swung around in my chair and raised my arm.
"Yes Sunbae!" I called out to them as I stood up. I took my notepad and pen with me as I headed towards the boss' office.

 

"Good morning Sajangnim!" I said happily as I entered his office. He was sat in his high back leather chair facing the windows which covered the back wall of his office from ceiling to flooring. 
"Ah. Nana. Come here. I want to show you something." He told me. I quickly made my way over to him and frowned as I looked out the window at nothing. Then he pointed, across the street to YNB Entertainment. "There. Do you see all of those reporters?" He asked me.
"Yes." I said to him as I nodded. He turned around in his chair to face his desk and smiled at me.
"Have a seat." He told me. I nodded and quickly made my way to the chair behind his desk.

 

"As you are Head of the Hallyu section, I would like you to focus on this report yourself." He began explaining to me. I nodded to him and clicked my pen down, ready to make notes. "I would like you to do a report on the situation which is going on out there. Park Seungjun from KNK and his disappearance." He told me. I scribbled it down quickly and nodded to him. "But what's our motto Kim Nana?" He asked me.
"Fair reports, best results." I said to him loud and clear which made him smile. 
"Good job Nana, I'll be expecting good results. Try your best and don't get caught up in all the other reporters." He told me before dismissing me.

 

I headed back towards my desk as I scratched my head a couple of times because I was deep in thought. I brought up all the news articles which had already been released regarding Park Seungjun and KNK. I made notes on my notepad and made connections to them all. They all seemed to be putting all the blame on Seungjun, but there was nothing to confirm this was the truth. 'Fair reports, best results' was our company motto, and these reports were far from fair. They were lacking information, lacking motivation and lacking evidence. After I read through them all individually, I brought up websites and fan accounts on KNK and Seungjun to learn some background information before I began my report.

 


 

[Nana's POV]
I strolled down the street with Tinkerbell on her lead. It was dark and the path was lit by the street lamps. I turned the corner to see my work building and YNB Entertainment. But this time I was on the side of the road where YNB Entertainment stood. The path was clear and there was not one single reporter in sight. I headed down the path when I noticed them. I stopped and watched as five people headed out of the side door of the company building. They all quickly jumped into a black van which began to reverse. "Oh! We're in the way!" I said awkwardly to Tinkerbell as we were stood behind where the van was reversing. I glanced down at Tinkerbell and she was doing her doggy business on the pavement.

 

"Excuse me!" The driver of the van called out to me as he poked his head out of the window. I grimaced and looked down at Tinkerbell who was taking her time. I pointed down at her and he sighed as he rolled his eyes. He put his head back in the window.
"Come on Tinkerbell!" I cried out as I heard a noise.
"Oh! Doggy!" Someone shouted as they ran towards us. I know him! I know him! I remember seeing him. KNK member, Jeong Inseong. Tinkerbell finished and I pulled a bag out of my pocket to pick up the mess. "I'll hold her for you!" Inseong offered. I thanked him and passed him Tinkerbell's lead as I crouched down.
"I heard you call her Tinkerbell. Her name's Tinkerbell, right?" Inseong said happily as I nodded to him.

 

"Jeong Inseong!" Someone else shouted. I glanced up to find Kim Youjin, another KNK member looking out the door. Inseong pulled a face and quickly returned Tinkerbell's lead to me as he dashed off. I bowed to apologise to Youjin and he bowed his head with a straight face as he shut the van door behind Inseong. I stepped to the side and watched the van reverse off the path on to the road. I sighed as the van drove down the street and disappeared into the distance. They must have been stuck in the company building all day, and I could tell by their faces, neither Youjin or Inseong looked like they were happy, they were just putting on brave faces.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
"Welcome to Sunmul Island" The Ahjusshi called out to me. I looked around and we were approaching some fishing docks. The Island looked small, it was covered in fishing docks and farms, full of Ahjusshis and Ahjummas. There wasn't many young people on this island. As we approached the island, an Ahjumma was stood with her hands on her hips.
"You seem to have aquired a man?!" She shouted in complete confusion as she kept her eyes on me. The Ahjusshi laughed behind me as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I smiled and stood up. "Omo! You're so tall!" The Ahjumma cried out in amazement. I stepped off the fishing boat first and helped the Ahjusshi off afterwards.

 

I bowed to them both fully to greet them. "He was looking for a boat. I offered him a ride. He said he wasn't a criminal or anything." The Ahjusshi explained to the Ahjumma and they whispered for a while as I stood awkwardly in complete silence. She nodded to him and then looked at me. 
"So who have you come for?" She asked me. I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck and stuttered. "Omo! You are on your own!" She cried out. I nodded to her and smiled awkwardly.
"Don't worry. You can stay with us. But you have to help us in return. You can help me fish some days and then help on our farm. We are both getting old so we might need the help." The Ahjusshi explained to me. I nodded and thanked them repeatedly.
"Speak for yourself! Old!" The Ahjumma joked as she tutted.

 

"So what is your name son?" The Ahjusshi asked me.
"Uh." I stuttered as I glanced up at the sky. "Seon Hanuel..." I mumbled.
"Seon... Hanuel. Ah! Hanuel!" The Ahjumma said happily. I smiled to her and nodded to happily.

Seon Hanuel. My name.

 


 

Author's note: Hello my lovelies! Did you enjoy the first chapter? Please remember to comment your thoughts and I will be back with the next chapter on Wednesday 29th June (I'm on holiday and come back that day!). Thank you for subscribing and reading! :)