Explanation

Lies On Paper

Explanation

 

[Jin's POV]
I glanced up to see Seungjun's reflection in the window. I saw his face drop as he quickly turned around and disappeared out the door. I sighed quietly before standing up and running after him. I ran down the street and in front of him. He stopped abruptly as I had cut him off. He looked across at me and grumbled. He folded his arms and pouted. "Look. Pouting at me isn't going to help. Do you pout at Nana? I bet she gives in, right?" I joked with a smirk. Seungjun sighed and stop pouting.
"I'm angry." He told me as he glared. I smirked and nodded to him.
"Don't tease me. It's not funny." He said seriously. I gulped as my eyes widened. "How long has it been going on?" He asked me.

 

"Hm. About 2 weeks now." I told him. He let out a deep sigh and dropped to the ground. I frowned and crouched down in front of him as he looked at me with tear filled eyes.
"She didn't tell you..?" I stuttered.
"Of course she didn't tell me that you she was cheating with you!" He cried out. I pulled face and burst out laughing. He stuttered and looked at me confused.
"Cheating?! You think. Heol!~" I cried out as I chuckled. He stuttered again and stayed quiet. "We're not cheating, Nana is working for me as a writer." I told him.

 

Relief spread across his face before confusion set in. "Wait. What do you mean working?!" He cried out confused.
"Nana's working here. She's one of my writers. She didn't tell you?!" I shouted out surprised as I quickly covered my mouth. "Omo. You didn't know..." I stuttered awkwardly as we both stood back up. 
"But.. why.. why is she working here..?" Seungjun asked me, still confused. I led him back down the street and inside. We walked up the stairs into my apartment above the newspaper company. We sat down at my kitchen table and I slid a bottle of water across the table to him.

 

"Nana resigned at her old job and moved here because she was blackmailed." I explained to him.
"Blackmail?!" He cried out.
"Someone at her work found out about you and her, and they told her to resign otherwise they would tell everyone. So Nana resigned." I told him. He dropped his head and sighed. I looked at him awkwardly and watched him. Nana is going to kill me when she finds out that I accidently told Seungjun. He sat quietly before standing up. "Seungjun! Where are you going now?!" I called out to him as I stood up in a panic.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
I stood frozen as Nana was stood in the doorway. My eyes widened and I looked at her. She looked at me with panic spread across her face. "Seungjun! I can explain!" She cried out. I opened my mouth to speak before stopping myself. I sighed loudly to her and shook my head. I looked down as I walked straight out of the door, straight past her. I curled my fists and walked straight out, not turning back, not looking back. I found it difficult but I looked straight as I got out on to the street in front of Seokjin's building.
"Seung!- please! I can explain!" Nana called out loudly. I continued walking and grimaced. It was difficult to not talk to her, not turn around, not let her explain.

 

She ran beside me as I walked quietly. I found it so difficult to ignore her. "If you're not going to say anything, then at least listen to me!" She whined as she continued beside me. I sighed and kept quietly. The words were on the tip of my tongue, I could start talking to her within a second but no. I can't. I need to stick to my ground. The silent treatment. 
"Seungjun. Please just stop. I'll follow you straight into your apartment. I don't care." Nana cried out. I stuttered before stopping myself. I bowed my head and pouted. She ran infront of me and stopped me by holding out her hands. I stopped and sighed as I looked down. 

 

Suddenly we heard two girls squealing, "Omo! Is that an idol?! I wonder who it is!" One of them cried out. Nana looked across to her side and her eyes widened. I hid my face with my cap and my sunglasses. I quickly grabbed Nana's hand as we ran down the street together.
"They are running after us!" Nana panicked as she glanced round.
"Keep running!" I called out as I fastened my pace and pulled Nana along with me. She stumbled and tried her best to keep up with my running. We ran around a corner and I quickly dashed into a small alleyway. I stood up against a wall and pulled Nana close to me. I held her tightly as we stood silently. All that can be heard was panting from us catching our breaths.

 

I watched as the two high school girls ran past and I slumped on to the floor. Nana breathed deepily and sunk down beside me. We looked across at each other. I quickly shook my head and went to stand up but she flung her arm out, which trapped me between the wall. I whined loudly and sat back down on the ground. "What did I tell you? What have I always told you?" I asked her. She stuttered and looked across at me. "I've always told you that I would protect you. I would protect you from anything, and especially people like this." I told her as I looked across at her with a serious face.
"I'm sorry. I just-" She began.

 

"You shouldn't have given up your job! I know how much you loved that job. You should have told me. Then I would have sorted it out." I whined to her. She dropped her head and stayed silent. 
"I did it to protect us." She mumbled before sighing deepily. I looked up and closed my eyes as I shook my head. I glanced across at her and caught her wiping her face. I gently held her head and turned her head round slightly so she was facing me. I pouted as I wiped the tears which had dripped down her face. 
"Don't do this again. Don't lie to me again. I'll protect us. Even if it means-" I began to tell her before she stopped me.

 

"No. Don't say it." She said.
"Even if it means people finding out about us." I finished my sentence. She shook her head and looked at me. I gave her a reassuring smile as I shook mine. "I'm going to protect you. I'm going to protect you properly and completely." I told her as I leant forward and kissed her forehead. A slight smile grew on her face. I wrapped my arms around her tightly as she rested her head against my chest.
"I'm sorry Seungjun." She said quietly as she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

 

"Is that why you never came to see me at lunch?" I asked her. She nodded to me as I scoffed. "I wondered why you didn't want to spend lunch with me anymore." I chuckled. 
"You managed to do the silent treatment pretty well." Nana grumbled. I smirked and patted the top of her head.
"Seokjin said my pouting didn't work so I decided to try that instead. But I was upset! And I was angry!" I told her. She looked up at me as she began grinning. I looked down at her and smiled.
"You can't grin cheekily to me now!" I whined. She nodded as she rested her head back on my chest and chuckled quietly.

 

"Are you ok working at Seokjin's now?" I asked her.
She nodded to me, "I like it. It's less busy." She chuckled quietly.
"How many people work there?" 
"5 including me." 
"How many girls?" I asked her curiously, but she stayed silent. I frowned and kept her in my arms, but pulled her back slightly. She gulped and pointed to herself. "What?! You're the only girl?! Aigoo~" I whined. She laughed and quickly hugged me tightly again. I pulled an angry face as she laughed and poked my cheeks. I could feel myself going redder by the second.
"Two of them are younger and call me Noona. Don't worry!~" She cheered as she pecked my lips quickly which made me smile.

 

Suddenly we heard a cough and looked up to find an out of breath Seokjin. "Finally! I've found you!" He said as he began catching his breath. We let go of each other quickly and jumped up.
"Seokjin? What's wrong?!" Nana asked him as she looked worried."Sorry to break up your little cuddle." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. We shook our heads and smiled to him.
"But there's something you need to see. It's urgent and we need to get back now." He said as panic began to spread across his face. We both looked at each other worriedly. What had happened now? 

 


 

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! Are you all enjoying the story so far! I would love to see your comments again! I loved reading them. But they all stopped a couple of chapters back so I'm worried you are not enjoying the story as much. I wonder what Seokjin wants them to see... you'll find out soon! Thank you my lovelies. :)